PDA

View Full Version : jason cummings

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 05:05 PM
He will be off soon imo.

Another unreal finish in a massive game on TV.

His all round play has improved massively, rarely gives the ball away and over the summer has really developed his pace and strength.

hibeemikey21
28-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Yep, he was excellent today. Always brings it in the big games.

Think the clubs will be circling in a week or two. I'll be surprised if we hang onto him.

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2015, 05:12 PM
2m and we can start talks :)

Scottie
28-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Kept on trying today right to the end.

Rotherham is calling you Jason. :rolleyes:

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 05:13 PM
I'd imagine we'd only sell for a big fee and a loan back for the rest of the season. No reason to otherwise.

lucky
28-12-2015, 05:28 PM
He played well today and will get his move in the summer for around £500k max

GlasgowHibee
28-12-2015, 05:31 PM
He'll be our next 7-figure player, unbelievable talent.

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 05:32 PM

Personally think it will be in the millions

mentalhibee
28-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Great player, anyone who questions his worth to Hibs is clueless.

lucky
28-12-2015, 05:41 PM

Not a chance. He's only proved himself in the Scottish Championship and will only have a year left on his contract

SON OF PADDY
28-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Great player, anyone who questions his worth to Hibs is clueless.

100% Correct " who would we replace him with "😟😟

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Stubbs said at the AGM that we are "in control of the situation ". Interpret that as you will.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Onion
28-12-2015, 05:47 PM
He will be off soon imo.

Another unreal finish in a massive game on TV.

His all round play has improved massively, rarely gives the ball away and over the summer has really developed his pace and strength.

:agree: Great performance from JC in a very difficult match / atmosphere. Expect them to be queuing up in Jan, and the media to feed the frenzy.

IMO, if we lose him, we give the Huns the title.

Islington Hibs
28-12-2015, 05:53 PM
:agree: Great performance from JC in a very difficult match / atmosphere. Expect them to be queuing up in Jan, and the media to feed the frenzy.

We may well struggle to keep him but there is no way we will agree to sell him to our closest rival. Stubbs/Dempster could not agree to that- it would be suicide. I would hope that we would be highly reluctant to sell him to anyone unless it is a very high price as it would effectively severely hamper our promotion prospects either as Champions or the play off lottery.

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Not a chance. He's only proved himself in the Scottish Championship and will only have a year left on his contract

If anything like 500k is offered I won't get accepted. If he leaves it will be for at least a million. When is his contract up?

Pretty Boy
28-12-2015, 06:00 PM
He's come on leaps and bounds this season, that goal today was wonderful.

johnbc70
28-12-2015, 06:43 PM
£1M is not much to a Championship side these days - he would be a gamble but if it pays off then he will be worth many times more. If he fails then what is £1M to clubs that if they get promoted are looking at a pay day of £120M.

Ryan69
28-12-2015, 06:51 PM

500k....your having a laugh.

He is a proven striker that knows where the goals are and Hibs know this.
500k offer....would be a straight NOT for sale! (unless there was a huge selling on %)

judas
28-12-2015, 06:58 PM
IMO an excellent Hibs player with potentially great career ahead.

But, I don't think he is quite as good a Riordan, Garry O or Fletcher were. And as one poster said, he's done it all in the Championship. A pitiful league.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 07:02 PM
I will go against the grain here, and say while i think Jason is a great goalscorer, i'm not convinced he will be a great player who will make it in England?

Hopefully he will continue to improve though and make me eat my words, and keep scoring the goals too.

silverhibee
28-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Kept on trying today right to the end.

Rotherham is calling you Jason. :rolleyes:

Them and a few others waiting to pounce in January.

Every player is for sale if the price is right. It's how much the club value him.

silverhibee
28-12-2015, 07:15 PM

Can't see it, £750k - £1m max.

silverhibee
28-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Stubbs said at the AGM that we are "in control of the situation ". Interpret that as you will.

He can see his contract out and leave for nothing if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. :greengrin

Even you will know CWG, every player is for sale if the money is right.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2015, 07:55 PM
He can see his contract out and leave for nothing if he doesn't want to sign a new contract. :greengrin

Even you will know CWG, every player is for sale if the money is right.
My interpretation was. ...and I'm not ITK in any way....that they know a sale is inevitable and that they are sorting out the right deal.

Swedish hibee
28-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I'll be gutted when he leaves :boo hoo:

silverhibee
28-12-2015, 08:27 PM
My interpretation was. ...and I'm not ITK in any way....that they know a sale is inevitable and that they are sorting out the right deal.

To stay, or get the best price for him. ?

ronaldo7
28-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Best Price.

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2015, 08:30 PM
The latter, but making sure he was properly replaced.

My reason for saying that is that he used the Scott Allan saga as an example of us being in control....we lost him, but got 3 players in return.

Argylehibby
28-12-2015, 09:09 PM
I will go against the grain here, and say while i think Jason is a great goalscorer, i'm not convinced he will be a great player who will make it in England?

Hopefully he will continue to improve though and make me eat my words, and keep scoring the goals too.

Agree with this, at this time. First touch is not great and he needs to improve with his right foot but improve these aspects and he will make it down south, absolutely no doubt about that. The improvement this season has been enormous so if it continues I'd see him heading south in 12 months time but he's not ready (yet in my opinion of course).

Tyler Durden
28-12-2015, 09:59 PM

So you agree then??

Deansy
28-12-2015, 10:05 PM

I've no doubt our media will be printing\airing stories of (insert club's name) interest in Cummings from Jan 1st to Feb 1st seeing as we have the audacity to still be in the running for the league-title !!

Sammy7nil
28-12-2015, 10:10 PM
He will be offski foy £750 - 1million. And we are kidding. Ourselves otherwise.

Jonnyboy
28-12-2015, 10:20 PM
In all the after match angst, the superb Cummings goal is not getting the praise it deserves IMO.

First touch was sublime and then waiting until England's next goalie commits himself before dinking it over him. Absolute quality :agree:

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-12-2015, 10:21 PM
We need to do what we did with Steven Fletcher. Put him on another 4 year contract with the provision that both club and player benefit from his transfer.

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 10:24 PM
The lad is getting some amount of abuse on twitter/insta

ronaldo7
28-12-2015, 10:26 PM
In all the after match angst, the superb Cummings goal is not getting the praise it deserves IMO.

First touch was sublime and then waiting until England's next goalie commits himself before dinking it over him. Absolute quality :agree:

:agree: If it was Messi, they'd be going on about it for weeks. Simply class and cool finish.

.Sean.
28-12-2015, 10:58 PM
We'll get 1.5 mil minimum after his contract extension is announced

ballengeich
28-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I think that the price we eventually get is less important than not selling in January. Getting promoted, even if by the playoffs, has more long-term importance than the exact fee Cummings leaves for, and he's critical for us to achieve the move up.

SunshineOnLeith
28-12-2015, 11:14 PM

I think you're right in terms of what teams will offer us for him at present, but I'm also confident that Hibs would flatly reject any offers around that level.

It's one aspect of being in the first division that works for us, teams won't be willing to pay that much for our best players (or, indeed, manager), and we're able to turn down the level of offer that we will get.

silverhibee
28-12-2015, 11:33 PM
Best Price.

The latter, but making sure he was properly replaced.

My reason for saying that is that he used the Scott Allan saga as an example of us being in control....we lost him, but got 3 players in return.

:aok:

silverhibee
28-12-2015, 11:36 PM
So you agree then??

He did say millions. :thumbsup:

cabbageandribs1875
29-12-2015, 12:51 AM
no matter whenever that young laddie leaves he will go with my(and many others i imagine) best wishes :agree:

Shrekko
29-12-2015, 01:03 AM
The lad is getting some amount of abuse on twitter/insta

I personally think he should have sued the backside of The Daily Record for that scandalous article which did everything to imply he was up to something when he was nothing of the sort. Was obvious that cretins all around the country would pick up on this and make his life difficult when he's done nothing.

I'm still amazed that folk don't think he's capable of going on to big things because he has a few rough edges. His potential is incredible when you look at how much he's improved in the past year. He already has something that very few others have- he's a natural scorer. The boy is brilliant- he's got 7 in 9 against Rangers, has scored in 2 derbies and virtually every game against SPL opposition we've played in the cup recently and still folk go on about him playing in a rubbish league etc etc. Madness- he should be treasured while he's here.

JimBHibees
01-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I personally think he should have sued the backside of The Daily Record for that scandalous article which did everything to imply he was up to something when he was nothing of the sort. Was obvious that cretins all around the country would pick up on this and make his life difficult when he's done nothing.

I'm still amazed that folk don't think he's capable of going on to big things because he has a few rough edges. His potential is incredible when you look at how much he's improved in the past year. He already has something that very few others have- he's a natural scorer. The boy is brilliant- he's got 7 in 9 against Rangers, has scored in 2 derbies and virtually every game against SPL opposition we've played in the cup recently and still folk go on about him playing in a rubbish league etc etc. Madness- he should be treasured while he's here.

Agree with all of that and actually thought he was terrific on Monday especially given the absolutely disgusting abuse he got every time he touched the ball. Shows the negative power of the tabloids in that a talented young player can be hounded in this way. You had better believe if he played for Rangers or Celtc that initial article wouldn't have seen the light of day. Showed great strength of character and ability. We are very lucky to have him playing for us. Hope he can score the goals to win the league this season.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2016, 03:12 PM

Agreed, his first touch and coolness to lift it over the goalie was superb. A cracker.

Killiehibbie
01-01-2016, 03:25 PM
I think any club looking at him should be made aware he's not that good and should just look somewhere else for a striker :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Anything happens in this window, it would need to involve a loan back. If we were to look to buy a replacement, clubs will be well aware that we have money.