PDA

View Full Version : 10 minutes....................

PISTOL1875
28-12-2015, 04:01 PM
after full time already the meltdown has started on here...

A bad day at the office and with better decision making regarding the choice of passes in vital areas , sevco's goal would've been avoided.. So , after 17 matches undefeated , and clawing back a 11 point gap , can we please have a bit of perspective before our emotions go into over-drive ??

Steve20
28-12-2015, 04:03 PM
You mean people are upset we lost to a diabolical Rangers team after Stubbs shouting his mouth off for weeks???

We'll be third in the 2nd tier tomorrow night. People are right to be pissed off.

Peevemor
28-12-2015, 04:04 PM
You mean people are upset we lost to a diabolical Rangers team after Stubbs shouting his mouth off for weeks???

We'll be third in the 2nd tier tomorrow night. People are right to be pissed off.

Where has he been shouting his mouth off? Do you have any quotes?

Pretty Boy
28-12-2015, 04:05 PM

And 3 points off top. Hardly a disgrace and this Rangers team whilst not brilliant are nowhere near 'diabolical'.

A bit perspective needed tonight.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2015, 04:05 PM

Yes I can understand that people are upset and disappointed BUT there is no need for the preverbial meltdown saying that players should be sold in the window.. I think we all know once everyone calms down , statements like that are a complete over-reaction...

matty_f
28-12-2015, 04:06 PM

Diabolical Rangers team :faf:

You should give up pal.

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Ahhaha even if falkirk win they will be joint 2nd and we have a game in hand, 3 points off the top.

First defeat in what 17 games?

I don't know what team people think they support sometimes

Ged
28-12-2015, 04:08 PM

You're never far away when it's time to put the boot in.

flash
28-12-2015, 04:22 PM

But you aren't pissed off you are in your element.

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 04:23 PM
I still think we'll win the league.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2015, 04:25 PM
But you aren't pissed off you are in your element.

Just posted similar about some elsewhere. 'Gleeful' is the term I used. I know that will get them all upset but it's true, some people 100% enjoy shouting from the rooftops when Hibs lose and it's draining.

Islington Hibs
28-12-2015, 04:39 PM

What a dreadful post. Yes we were second best today but this is a very good Rangers team and although we have been off the boil a bit over the last three weeks there is still everything to play for. For Hibs to compete with Rangers with 3x the budget is not easy and while they deservedly won today lets keep a bit of perspective.

Kato
28-12-2015, 04:40 PM

So, it can be taken for granted that Santa didn't leave any Prozac in your stocking.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 05:01 PM

Revelling in it. It's been a long time coming for you to have this.

matty_f
28-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Revelling in it. It's been a long time coming for you to have this.

17 games or whatever must be murder when the team's doing well. :agree::agree:

Onion
28-12-2015, 05:05 PM
after full time already the meltdown has started on here...

A bad day at the office and with better decision making regarding the choice of passes in vital areas , sevco's goal would've been avoided.. So , after 17 matches undefeated , and clawing back a 11 point gap , can we please have a bit of perspective before our emotions go into over-drive ??

Not sure what you're reading but hardly a meltdown. Some objective analysis of a poor Hibs performance in our most important game of the season seems reasonable.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Not sure what you're reading but hardly a meltdown. Some objective analysis of a poor Hibs performance in our most important game of the season seems reasonable.

Ok well , ..

1 Fyfie should be sold in january

2. Stubbs was stupid for being confident in the press..

Just some of the crackers I have seen up until now.. I am sure that if I looked harder then I would find some other beauts..

Alfred E Newman
28-12-2015, 05:26 PM

Pissed off after our first defeat in 18 games? Get a grip of yourself.

Weststandwanab
28-12-2015, 06:06 PM

Are you for real ?

Do you now what delusional means ?

Get a grip.

I expect you will get pelters for this post.

Malthibby
28-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Bad day at the office & too many mistakes which cost us goals, damn shame it had to be against that lot.
We have been winning without playing particularly well recently, & today it didn't happen; I'm sure management & team
will talk things through, regroup & go on another long winning run.
Histrionics not required.
GG

emerald green
28-12-2015, 06:22 PM
What a dreadful post. Yes we were second best today but this is a very good Rangers team and although we have been off the boil a bit over the last three weeks there is still everything to play for. For Hibs to compete with Rangers with 3x the budget is not easy and while they deservedly won today lets keep a bit of perspective.

I agree with most of your post except the bit in bold.

IMHO that was not a very good Rangers team today. Nowhere near what I would consider a very good team, and nowhere near as good as some Ibrox teams of the past (whether cheating or not).

That's what really annoys me about the manner of Hibs defeat today. The Rangers of today are no more than a decent Championship side with a large support.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2015, 06:43 PM

3 points off the top of the league at the half way stage. A league cup semi final next month.

If we fail to get promoted again this year then you'll be entitled to have a pop. Right now your posts are boring, predictable and noticeably more frequent following a defeat. Do you actually enjoy it when we lose so that you can come on here and make the same point over and over again on various threads about how bad you believe we are?

Oh and by the way, I really believe Stubbs's position should be under threat should we fail to win promotion. But to stick the boot in continually when we are still in a good position is pathetic.

jacomo
28-12-2015, 06:46 PM

Another hit and run post from this troll.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Stubbs got it wrong Today, wrong tactics, formation and no Plan B.......Hey ho.....

Kato
28-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Stubbs got it wrong Today, wrong tactics, formation and no Plan B.......Hey ho.....

Yet take away a few individual errors we win 2-1.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Ok well , ..

1 Fyfie should be sold in january

2. Stubbs was stupid for being confident in the press..

Just some of the crackers I have seen up until now.. I am sure that if I looked harder then I would find some other beauts..

Look back a few weeks and you'll find a right twit calling Dominique Malonga a wage thief. That was a cracker.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Look back a few weeks and you'll find a right twit calling Dominique Malonga a wage thief. That was a cracker.

You're right and I stand by that view...

Build a bridge.....

Greenworld
28-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Fifie aside the team did ok but he is mince

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2015, 07:57 PM

Not from the game I was at.......

BS44
28-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Not from the game I was at.......

Me neither, Stevie.

But the no Plan B nonsense is a lazy statement that means nothing.

Lago
28-12-2015, 08:07 PM

Woo hoo way to go:greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
28-12-2015, 08:15 PM

Behave, we last lost in August, 3 points off top and 3 losses altogether..... We'll be back, keep the faith.

Fogzie
28-12-2015, 08:16 PM
They were up for it today. We accept it ,then we go again. We need to keep it going, starting with Raith Rovers on Saturday. Let's get a big crowd behind us and keep the pressure on. Then do them at Easter Road. We can still win the league. GGTTH

PISTOL1875
28-12-2015, 08:19 PM
They were up for it today. We accept it ,then we go again. We need to keep it going, starting with Raith Rovers on Saturday. Let's get a big crowd behind us and keep the pressure on. Then do them at Easter Road. We can still win the league. GGTTH

We will win the league.. :aok::aok::aok:

Pete
28-12-2015, 08:21 PM
We will win the league.. :aok::aok::aok:

:agree:

If not we will win the play offs.

PISTOL1875
28-12-2015, 08:22 PM
:agree:

If not we will win the play offs.

We WILL win the league , no need for playoffs... :aok::aok::aok::aok:

Kojock
28-12-2015, 08:27 PM

A very good Rangers team ??? Tell me what Sevco players would you take to replace any of ours?

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Me neither, Stevie.

But the no Plan B nonsense is a lazy statement that means nothing.

Wrong subs? Never changed formation after being cut apart again and again.....No Anier....All strange for me hence my no Plan B remark

SunshineOnLeith
28-12-2015, 08:32 PM

Absolutely. If we'd been offered 3 points behind at new year last time we played them we'd all have jumped at it. Beat Raith at New Year and let's go from there.

SausageSurprise
28-12-2015, 08:32 PM

Flip the coin and if they had taken a couple more chances we could have lost 4-1 5-1

It's all ifs and buts but the fact is we weren't at the races. Simple as that. Let's use this a kick in the stones and move on to Saturday's fixture

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Absolutely. If we'd been offered 3 points behind at new year last time we played them we'd all have jumped at it. Beat Raith at New Year and let's go from there.

Exactly 👍🏼

Kato
28-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Flip the coin and if they had taken a couple more chances we could have lost 4-1 5-1

It's all ifs and buts but the fact is we weren't at the races. Simple as that. Let's use this a kick in the stones and move on to Saturday's fixture

Agreed.

sambajustice
28-12-2015, 09:08 PM

When we were 11 points behind and you were offered to be 3 points behind at the turn of the year you'd take it.

Hibs were hopeless today. I dunno what happened, stage fright perhaps.

We start again!!

Sammy7nil
28-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Bad day at the office & too many mistakes which cost us goals, damn shame it had to be against that lot.
We have been winning without playing particularly well recently, & today it didn't happen; I'm sure management & team
will talk things through, regroup & go on another long winning run.
Histrionics not required.
GG

Agree and lets hope it happens :aok:c

Sammy7nil
28-12-2015, 10:30 PM
A very good Rangers team ??? Tell me what Sevco players would you take to replace any of ours?

Both fullbacks and Waghorn maybe Barrie McKay

bookert
28-12-2015, 11:32 PM

A good rangers team that drew with morton got beat by Falkirk amd when they played an spl team got easily beaten.

jingler1954
30-12-2015, 08:27 PM
i also think we will still win the league

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 08:34 PM

No plan B, because he does not play 3-5-2 or put the subs you want on he's no plan B?

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2015, 08:37 PM
No plan B, because he does not play 3-5-2 or put the subs you want on he's no plan B?

Ah the stalker returns.........:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Ah the stalker returns.........:rolleyes:

:faf: Make a daft statement like you did, and expect it to be questioned.

Tobias Funke
30-12-2015, 08:39 PM

Ive read these forums for many many years and you are without doubt the strangest poster I've come across.

You are quick to put the boot into Hibs but not once have I ever seen you post anything positive after a good result.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2015, 08:40 PM
:faf: Make a daft statement like you did, and expect it to be questioned.

Daft statement? Who are you to question me, you don't even go........

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Daft statement? Who are you to question me, you don't even go........

And there's another one. :faf:

You do know the game was on the telly?

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2015, 08:43 PM
And there's another one. :faf:

You do know the game was on the telly?

So what? I am not the only one who had the opinion as the one I posted....Do you reckon you know more than everyone else?

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 08:46 PM
So what? I am not the only one who had the opinion as the one I posted....Do you reckon you know more than everyone else?

I do know one thing, and that is Stubbs knows more than one way to play the game. He probably has a plan B C and D, maybe even E too.

To suggest he has no plan B is ridiculous.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2015, 08:48 PM
I do know one thing, and that is Stubbs knows more than one way to play the game. He probably has a plan B C and D, maybe even E too.

To suggest he has no plan B is ridiculous.

Fine, silly me for posting my opinion..........

Let's leave it there BH, I really have no time for you, and not prepared for public mud slinging match......

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Fine, silly me for posting my opinion..........

Let's leave it there BH, I really have no time for you, and not prepared for public mud slinging match......

Leave it all you like, funny that you were not afraid to post on a public message board and sling mud towards Stubbs.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Leave it all you like, funny that you were not afraid to post on a public message board and sling mud towards Stubbs.

Last post directed to you on this subject - mud slinging, really? I have said on a few threads Today that I am totally behind AS, he has been remarkable for us.....Hardly mud slinging.......Questioning his tactics and inability to change game on Monday is apparently mud slinging.....

Not like you to be selective in the posts you highlight, the usual smart comments as per..........

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Last post directed to you on this subject - mud slinging, really? I have said on a few threads Today that I am totally behind AS, he has been remarkable for us.....Hardly mud slinging.......Questioning his tactics and inability to change game on Monday is apparently mud slinging.....

Not like you to be selective in the posts you highlight, the usual smart comments as per..........

Stubbs has no plan B, hardly selective. Every game we lose the manager has been unable to change the game, just as well with his Plan A we seem to win more often than not.

SaulGoodman
30-12-2015, 10:12 PM

Id take Waghorn, Holt and McKay

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Id take Waghorn, Holt and McKay

Me too, and both fullbacks.

southern hibby
30-12-2015, 11:10 PM
I'm in the camp too that AS, never tried a plan B.

They went down to 10 men and yet no change in formation. AS is the best thing along with LD to come to Easter Road for years. Yet and it pains me to say it no plan B, constantly long balls punted up to our strikers who was winning non off them in the air. However this is the big thing for me our players looked tired and very slow. The Rangers looked fitter hungrier and constantly looking for space.

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2015, 07:03 AM

They went down to 10 men and yet no change in formation. AS is the best thing along with LD to come to Easter Road for years. Yet and it pains me to say it no plan B, constantly long balls punted up to our strikers who was winning non off them in the air. However this is the big thing for me our players looked tired and very slow. The Rangers looked fitter hungrier and constantly looking for space.

GGTTH

Remind me how the 2nd goal went in again? And remind me how we lost the first goal, was it by trying to play maybe a little too much football, so by your own admission we'd changed from a sort passing game to playing it longer.

IE plan A and plan B, because it did not work Stubbs should apparently take the blame, should we have one of these blame threads every 19 games when we lose? :confused:

marinello59
31-12-2015, 07:17 AM

GGTTH

As soon as they went down to ten men Stubbs replaced McGinn with Boyle, I assume to utilise his pace in order to maximise the one man advantage.
There was nothing wrong with our players fitness and desire, it was poor individual decision making and errors that cost us.

Libby Hibby
31-12-2015, 07:25 AM
As soon as they went down to ten men Stubbs replaced McGinn with Boyle, I assume to utilise his pace in order to maximise the one man advantage.
There was nothing wrong with our players fitness and desire, it was poor individual decision making and errors that cost us.

Exactly...some posters on here only say and see things that suit there own agenda...he did try and change things but it just didn't work, bad day at the office on Monday, we move on...people quick to forget our 17 game unbeaten run but perhaps that's understandable bearing in mind the lack of media recognition about it despite them describing Falkirks 9 game run yesterday as 'stunning'. Watch all the superalitives come out for media darling Houston now.

Our run was going to come to an end at some stage, better to be at Ibrox opposed to somewhere like Starks or Cappielaw.

Smartie
31-12-2015, 07:39 AM
I never really get the "no plan B" criticism of managers - and it seems to be levelled at every manager when they lose a game (especially Warburton btw).

When Barcelona are having a bad game do they stick Roddy Grant up front and lump long balls at him? Or do they keep giving the ball to the world's best player and the world's best forward line and see what they can create?

The game plan we had for Monday against 11 should just have got a bit easier against 10 - not a lot but a little bit, if they shut up shop and defend their lead.

If we're not quite good enough to make up for the mistakes we made elsewhere then too bad.

We don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater - it was a bad result, a bad day at the office but we should be careful demanding sweeping changes of a squad that had been on a good run, even if the last couple of performances hadn't been of as high a standard.

I remember Butcher making sweeping changes to every part of our team on a weekly basis as he desperately scrambled around to find a successful formula. I have no desire whatsoever to return to those days.

southern hibby
31-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Remind me how the 2nd goal went in again? And remind me how we lost the first goal, was it by trying to play maybe a little too much football, so by your own admission we'd changed from a sort passing game to playing it longer.

IE plan A and plan B, because it did not work Stubbs should apparently take the blame, should we have one of these blame threads every 19 games when we lose? :confused:

BH,
I don't need to tell you how these goals happened you obviously watched the game. However I watched us being over run in midfield and not trying to change things around to compensate for it.
The only time we took hold of the game in midfield was when they went down to 10 men and yet they still found space in midfield.

We did loose silly goals from individual errors by playing short football and not by tactics, then players started punting balls forward however this was ( in my opinion) players decision not tactically employed by AS..
Boyle made a huge difference when he came on with his pace but it was a straight swap for McGinn as another poster has said.not a tactical formation change as I'm suggesting.

Can I say for the record I've already said I think AS is doing a wonderful job, last season I think there was one game were he tactically changed formation and second time was in play offs second game and we won 1-0.

This season I think he's done it twice already and Monday's game was crying out for a change and in my eyes it never came. I'm not here slagging of AS or have an agenda with him. I truly believe we will miss him when he moves on.

GGTTH

DH1875
31-12-2015, 08:35 AM
I thought we were poor and that rangers deserved to win. Put it down as a bad day at the office and move on. We can still win the league.

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Exactly...some posters on here only say and see things that suit there own agenda...he did try and change things but it just didn't work, bad day at the office on Monday, we move on...people quick to forget our 17 game unbeaten run but perhaps that's understandable bearing in mind the lack of media recognition about it despite them describing Falkirks 9 game run yesterday as 'stunning'. Watch all the superalitives come out for media darling Houston now.

Our run was going to come to an end at some stage, better to be at Ibrox opposed to somewhere like Starks or Cappielaw.

What agenda do people have then, I'm intrigued. We were written off as early as day 1, we go level, but lose on Monday, so just 3 points behind? Yes I am delighted were we are and how we have progressed, but when having the audacity to question what happened on Monday, you get accused of having an agenda and mud slinging, utter nonsense.........

Thecat23
31-12-2015, 12:08 PM
1. Hibs have done terrific to go on that 17 game run.

2. We haven't played well since the break and had a lucky win v QOS.

3. Hibs were utter dross on Monday, it happens we move on.

4. Stubbs and the players will bounce back that I'm certain.

5. I'm still confident we will win the league.

marinello59
31-12-2015, 12:09 PM
What agenda do people have then, I'm intrigued. We were written off as early as day 1, we go level, but lose on Monday, so just 3 points behind? Yes I am delighted were we are and how we have progressed, but when having the audacity to question what happened on Monday, you get accused of having an agenda and mud slinging, utter nonsense.........

The agenda comment baffled me as well. We can disagree with each other without having agendas.... Whatever that mea

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2015, 01:42 PM
The agenda comment baffled me as well. We can disagree with each other without having agendas.... Whatever that mea

That's funny, because when i have been critical in the past when we have actually been poor and losing games and dropping point all over the shop. i i was accused of having an agenda.

Now we are winning and and hardly dropping ANY points, here we have some of the same folk who have accused me of having an agenda laying right into the manager?

I have always said give me a winning team that is reasonably entertaining and most people will be happy.

Baffling. :confused:

marinello59
31-12-2015, 02:58 PM
That's funny, because when i have been critical in the past when we have actually been poor and losing games and dropping point all over the shop. i i was accused of having an agenda.

Now we are winning and and hardly dropping ANY points, here we have some of the same folk who have accused me of having an agenda laying right into the manager?

I have always said give me a winning team that is reasonably entertaining and most people will be happy.

Baffling. :confused:

Care to point out where I accused you of having an agenda G. Not so sure I have done.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Care to point out where I accused you of having an agenda G. Not so sure I have done.

You have not, never meant for you to think that.

Libby Hibby
31-12-2015, 03:29 PM

I think you're taking things far too personal Baldy and not everything is directed at you...

But I'll try to explain you point directed at me...there are certain posters that only come out after a defeat, blaming the formation, blaming the players, blaming the manager basically blaming everything which is the way they see it and will post anything to try and back that up.

There are others that see things more positively, treat the Ibrox defeat as a bad day at the office and wish to move on and not dwell on the past and look forward to the Raith game

Above are just two examples of how people viewed Monday's game and some people on here will say anything, even if it's not true, no plan B for example, to try and support the first view above. Just as people who just want to move on from Monday and take the positives might just have to look at the bigger picture as perhaps the team selection could've been better on Monday for example.

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
31-12-2015, 03:34 PM
I think you're taking things far too personal Baldy and not everything is directed at you...

But I'll try to explain you point directed at me...there are certain posters that only come out after a defeat, blaming the formation, blaming the players, blaming the manager basically blaming everything which is the way they see it and will post anything to try and back that up.

There are others that see things more positively, treat the Ibrox defeat as a bad day at the office and wish to move on and not dwell on the past and look forward to the Raith game

Above are just two examples of how people viewed Monday's game and some people on here will say anything, even if it's not true, no plan B for example, to try and support the first view above. Just as people who just want to move on from Monday and take the positives might just have to look at the bigger picture as perhaps the team selection could've been better on Monday for example.

GGTTH

Fair enough.......

marinello59
31-12-2015, 04:26 PM
You have not, never meant for you to think that.

Ah, I misread your post. And I haven't had a drink yet.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Ah, I misread your post. And I haven't had a drink yet.:greengrin

You better hurry up, we are on our way out in 10 minutes. :party::party::cheers: