PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie

Pages : [1] 2

Hibs90
28-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Awful. Never finds a Hibs man. Just awful.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Usual knee-jerk pish after a disappointing result. Been one of our best players since signing and hopefully Stubbs continues to pick him and doesn't base his opinion off of 1 poor game like some ''fans'' on here.

magnificent_seven
Not one to look for a scapegoat but his performance today has been an embarrassment. Out in January

hibee_girl
He's had a bad game.

Peevemor
Usual knee-jerk pish after a disappointing result. Been one of our best players since signing and hopefully Stubbs continues to pick him and doesn't base his opinion off of 1 poor game like some ''fans'' on here.

:agree:

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Not one to look for a scapegoat but his performance today has been an embarrassment. Out in January

You're a joke. Big part in a big run, one bad game and you want him out.

Have a word with yourself.

Beefster
For ****s sake...

Just for the benefit of anyone with a bit of perspective, seventeen games unbeaten before today.

SausageSurprise
His overall performance aside, his wee dive was just disgraceful. It was absolutely shameful from a man in the green and white

SmashinGlass
28-12-2015, 03:53 PM
For ****s sake...

Just for the benefit of anyone with a bit of perspective, seventeen games unbeaten before today.

This. Absolutely. Have a some people need to have a bloody word!!!!!!

magnificent_seven
28-12-2015, 03:53 PM

Bore off pal. He has been awful today. Constantly plays at the one pace.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Really bad game today. Played a part in a couple of goals we lost but it was a bad day at the office all round no need to single out 1 man. He's been generally decent since signing and deserves a bit support.

magnificent_seven
His antics for the red card were embarrassing also. Still a red for the kick but no idea why he was holding his forehead.

tamig

Indeed. Ridiculously OTT op.

Northernhibee

"Bore off"? Big part in a seventeen game run and you can't wait to get the daggers out.

California-Hibs
He usually ALWAYS finds a Hibs man. However I agree, TODAY he never, he contributed to that result, awful at the first goal. Still a great player, but helped lose us that today.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 03:55 PM
His antics for the red card were embarrassing also. Still a red for the kick but no idea why he was holding his forehead.

Considering how much Sevco players get away with you can't blame him for exaggerating it a bit to get the red.

Gatecrasher
28-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Usual ***** posted after a defeat logging off now :rolleyes:

leithsansiro
28-12-2015, 03:56 PM

Have a word. A handful of bad games, and an admittedly big disappointment today, but calm down

RCNG
Two big mistakes in two big games against them. Easily replaced especially at this level.

Thecat23
He's not been good though. He's doing ok against Alloa, Morton but still his passing is really poor. If we can get in better (won't be hard) we should.

Stuarty27
28-12-2015, 03:57 PM
He was woeful today, how he stayed on the park ill never know

magnificent_seven
"Bore off"? Big part in a seventeen game run and you can't wait to get the daggers out.

Yes, bore off with your insults. Calling me a joke because my opinion differs from yours. I would hardly say he has been a big part of our run. Too many poor games for me and more often than not, fails to turn up for the big games.

Hibs90
Hardly knee jerk. He's been awful for a few weeks. Cost us two goals today and possibly the game.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Yes, bore off with your insults. Calling me a joke because my opinion differs from yours. I would hardly say he has been a big part of our run. Too many poor games for me and more often than not, fails to turn up for the big games.

You're a joke because he has one bad game and you want him out of the club before the final whistle has left the ref's mouth. Over-reacting much?

Beefster
28-12-2015, 03:59 PM
He's not been good though. He's doing ok against Alloa, Morton but still his passing is really poor. If we can get in better (won't be hard) we should.

What a jug of pish. Fyvie has been an ever-present in a team that hasn't been beaten since August.

'mon the beers
Can't single him out but he was one of a number of poor performances today. Could mention a few more but singling him out isn't fair when there were at least 4/5 just as bad.

We've beat them and they've beat us, nothing in it and both teams will drop points from now until the end of the season.

hibee_girl

Come on guys, play nice!

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately for Fyvie, he has had a real howler today. But he wouldn't be in the team if that was his level of performance week in and week out. He won't need to be told that his showing today was a lot less than the one that is expected of him.

Thecat23
What a jug of pish. Fyvie has been an ever-present in a team that hasn't been beaten since August.

His passing has been pish since Aug as well.

hibee_girl

Over reacting at it's best here.

magnificent_seven
28-12-2015, 04:01 PM
You're a joke because he has one bad game and you want him out of the club before the final whistle has left the ref's mouth. Over-reacting much?

Nah, not at all. Don't rate the guy and think we could do better. He is the weakest link in an otherwise strong team

NorthNorfolkHFC
Its a nonsense starting a thread purely to slate somebody but he was awful today.

Gifted them two goals. He doesn't get close enough to a man to be a defensive midfielder. I said it a couple of weeks back but still retains a spot.

Should be s squad player.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

greenlex
No one bar Cummings can hold their head up tonight. We've been average since the international break and now it's time to get the finger out and get on another run.

Blaster
28-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Worst today but let's not pretend McGinn or Henderson were much better

Back to winning ways next week though. Keep the faith

DaveF

He was out injured for a few weeks I think?

hibee_girl
No one bar Cummings can hold their head up tonight. We've been average since the international break and now it's time to get the finger out and get on another run.

Bit harsh on McGeough!

StevieBoyKdy
28-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Worst game in a Hibs shirt, granted.

Thecat23

So we shouldn't be looking to improve our team? Fyvie has had to many bad games simple as that. If his passing was good then he'd do well, it's not though so I think we can do better.

Unseen work
I don't think he done anything wrong for the red, never made a massive deal just turned round and held his head never started rolling about or screaming.

If a player like halliday is stupid enough to do it he deserves the red

Northernhibee
Come on guys, play nice!

With the greatest of respects, we've seen this before with Oxley, Craig, Spoony and any number of chosen scapegoats. A player has a bad game and then the usual suspects do everything they can to knock them - it's boring and I'd rather that the same effort was put into putting the doom and gloomers who sap confidence and the joy out of supporting Hibs in their place than blaming scapegoats before the final whistle has even gone.

Fyvie didn't have a good game today. I'm sure he'll be back at his best on the Saturday. No need to call for him to leave the club - he's a man with an FA Cup Winners medal so is clearly suitable for playing at this level.

SON OF PADDY
28-12-2015, 04:05 PM

100% correct !! Everyone can have a bad game.

SON OF PADDY
28-12-2015, 04:06 PM

responded to wrong post.😵😵

anon1875
28-12-2015, 04:06 PM
I agree Fyvie has been a class player for us so far. He made a few mistakes today and we struggled without Gray tbh. I'm happy we gambled towards the end and it nearly paid off. We were poor after they equalized, should of shut up shop for 15 minutes.

My_Wife_Camille
28-12-2015, 04:07 PM
No knee jerk reaction here. I've never understood the praise Fyvie seems to get. We're a better team without Fyvie in it and today was just a typical performance from the guy.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 04:08 PM
responded to wrong post.

You need to go in the transfer window an aw then! Boooooo! :greengrin

Ozyhibby
28-12-2015, 04:10 PM
His ball security is becoming a real issue. No point making excuses for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
28-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Really bad game today. Played a part in a couple of goals we lost but it was a bad day at the office all round no need to single out 1 man. He's been generally decent since signing and deserves a bit support.

Correct response 👍👍

magnificent_seven
28-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Fyvie is allowed several bad games it appears.
I just can't get over how mediocrity is accepted on here by so many people!

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 04:12 PM
I just can't get over how mediocrity is accepted on here by so many people!I cant get over how little you know about football, embarrassing really.

ahibby
He's had a bad game.

I don't understand why people are standing by him when he has cost us two goals today and I for one can't remember when he had a good game. AS stands by him week after week and that should tell us that he is a consistently good player, but I can't see what he has that makes him a good player. AS has him as a holding midfielder who can turn the play and when the defenders are up Fyvie is back covering for them and he can't defend. He was as well not being there for their fourth goal and he caused their first goal when the longer the game went without them scoring the more likely they wouldn't. None of the team covered themselves with glory today with the exception of Cummings but Fyvie, has to be dropped for a while to see how we get on. This kind of stuff isn't going to sell season tickets.

Pete

We're back to "accepting mediocrity" :faf:

Time for the PM board until the overreacting roasters are gone.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't understand why people are standing by him when he has cost us two goals today and I for one can't remember when he had a good game. AS stands by him week after week and that should tell us that he is a consistently good player, but I can't see what he has that makes him a good player. AS has him as a holding midfielder who can turn the play and when the defenders are up Fyvie is back covering for them and he can't defend. He was as well not being there for their fourth goal and he caused their first goal when the longer the game went without them scoring the more likely they wouldn't. None of the team covered themselves with glory today with the exception of Cummings but Fyvie, has to be dropped for a while to see how we get on. This kind of stuff isn't going to sell season tickets.Every game he has played for us except today.

My_Wife_Camille
Agree with this. He'll be on good wages too. Would rather someone like Will Vaulks who will be on a fraction of the wage.

Juice-Terry
Fyvie has had a TERRIBLE season, with his worst performance so far today. The only reason I can see that some peoples are defending him is that he was decent last season. Dear oh dear....

stantonhibby
His passing has been pish since Aug as well.

Aye so it has.

ahibby
28-12-2015, 04:14 PM
I cant get over how little you know about football, embarrassing really.

What does anyone need to know about football to spot a player who is culpable for two goals against?

SON OF PADDY
You need to go in the transfer window an aw then! Boooooo! :greengrin

With the greatest respect " I'm staying for the long haul " 😝😝

stantonhibby

You do know its not Hibs.net who pick the team?

Benny Brazil
28-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Fyvie reminds me a bit of Scott Robertson - he's not a defensive midfielder and not creative enough to be an attacking midfielder.
If we are going to play with someone sitting in the midfield I would prefer Bartley there.

hibee_girl
I've only gone back to the 12th December to find this thread - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?305540-Mom&highlight=fyvie+mom where most people are praising Fyvie for his MOM performance.

But he's had an awful season right enough.

Northernhibee
With the greatest respect " I'm staying for the long haul " 

I've not seen you quote the right post even once this season! Boooo! :na na:

SON OF PADDY
Fyvie has had a TERRIBLE season, with his worst performance so far today. The only reason I can see that some peoples are defending him is that he was decent last season. Dear oh dear....

Are you for real ??

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Aye so it has.

Glad you also agree 👍🏼

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 04:17 PM
As for the red card incident would anyone have been complaining if the game had finished 3-3? As far as I'm concerned anything that gives us an advantage this season is needed.

ahibby

Well said mate. Those standing up for him are entitled to their opinion but I don't share it. I agree with you that he has been allowed too many bad games and today especially has highlighted all of his shortcomings. There is a good reason why, when the team has collectively had a bad game, he has been singled out as the weakest link. We are not just making this stuff up.

SON OF PADDY
I've not seen you quote the right post even once this season! Boooo! :na na:

Give me a chance " Please " 😋

Pretty Boy

I love the accepting mediocrity argument.

Really ambitious Hibbies smash up their house, go on a 48 hour bender and slate the entire team when we lose. That's what winners and non accepters of mediocrity do.

hibbydad
The truth is Fyvie has been poor for weeks but today we did not get away with it as we have in other games. Bartley in my opinion is a far better pla
yer

magnificent_seven
28-12-2015, 04:18 PM
I cant get over how little you know about football, embarrassing really.

Hahaha ok then mate. The guy cost us the game today with error after error, and I am the one who knows nothing about football.

Michael
28-12-2015, 04:19 PM
This thread is tragic. Can we put a ban on threads being created in the half hour following a match?

Juice-Terry
28-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Are you for real ??
I'm afraid so.

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 04:22 PM
I don't see why folk are getting all upset about the reaction Fyvie has had. Many on here posted a long time ago Fyvie was prone to giving the ball away and yes he does have the odd good game. But in this league he should be dominating the midfield and certainly not giving away so many simple passes.

I've nothing against him as a person I just don't think he's good enough for us. I hope we can get someone in this window who can improve the midfield and make us stronger going into the back end of the season.

lucky
28-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Hibs were poor today including Stubbys tactics but Fyvie sold the jerseys twice and cheated at the sending off. I suspect the compliance officer will be pulling him up. We just need to kick on for here and win the league the Hibs way

ahibby
28-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Problem is I've seen Fyvie having many bad games and yet he is still played in the same position. We said on here after the last Rangers game that he had a bad game and the game against Falkirk too. We better have a better option than him or games are going to be difficult moving on. The games against Falkirk 1-1 at ER and a narrow last minute win against QOS might have sent us a message that we couldn't do it against The Rangers, and they are no great shakes themselves.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Hahaha ok then mate. The guy cost us the game today with error after error, and I am the one who knows nothing about football.Yes, you are.

staunchhibby
28-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Fyvie was out of order with his play acting at the red card incident

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Agree with this. He'll be on good wages too. Would rather someone like Will Vaulks who will be on a fraction of the wage.

Does he not play for someone else, if we are playing that game i fancy that Suarez guy that plays in Spain.

Scottie
28-12-2015, 04:27 PM

Can anyone join your 'Uber fan club' then ? :aok:

J-C
28-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Fyvie was poor last week and even worse this week, I liked him last season but Allan was the main man in midfield and Fyvie jst did the basics well, he's now got to step up and be counted and he's falling short, for me he's a squad player.

Also have to say Henderson and McGinn are looking tired and probably need a wee rest too, still young lads with a lot of responsibility on their shoulders, we lack experience in the middle it's so obvious.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Can anyone join your 'Uber fan club' then ? :aok:

I prefer a traditional London taxi myself. None of this Uber pish.

Scottie
28-12-2015, 04:29 PM
I prefer a traditional London taxi myself. None of this Uber pish.
:greengrin :thumbsup:

J-C
28-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Yes, you are.

:rolleyes: nae need.

inglisavhibs
28-12-2015, 04:30 PM
He was woeful today, how he stayed on the park ill never know
He didn't do well today and cost us 2 goals but that's football. What was surprising at 2 goals down was taking McGinn off and keeping Fyvie on. At that stage you need players who can beat a man at the edge of the box so for me it was a strange move, as was not having Mallonga on from the start. Also feel that our manager should keep quiet before games as all it does is fire up opponents and their fans. Hibs have been below par for a few weeks and today was coming I'm afraid. Now got to get behind the team on Saturday and every game in the run in.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Hibs were poor today including Stubbys tactics but Fyvie sold the jerseys twice and cheated at the sending off. I suspect the compliance officer will be pulling him up. We just need to kick on for here and win the league the Hibs way

Tactics were fine. Same tactics that beat them at ER. Can't legislate fit players giving the ball away. Can't legislate for injury forcing a centre back out to right back. Can't legislate for a deflected goal. To many poor performers cost us the points not the tactics.

Onion
28-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Fyvie is a decent player, easily good enough for Hibs. Had a really bad game today setting up the Huns first goal with a suicide pass in central mid, and his antics at the sending off.

Overall, will be v disappointed and probably showed why he's at Hibs and not playing at a higher level.

StevieBoyKdy
28-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Fyvie reminds me a bit of Scott Robertson - he's not a defensive midfielder and not creative enough to be an attacking midfielder.
If we are going to play with someone sitting in the midfield I would prefer Bartley there.

nail on head I thought he was signed for exactly these type of games, yes he hasn't been fit but come on. We had no physical presence today.

magnificent_seven
28-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Yes, you are.

Ah right ok then pal. I'm not going to bother arguing about this. Seems as though you are a bit too dim to have a civilised discussion with.

we are hibs
28-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Got slated on here last week for saying he's a poor player. Seems the same sympathisers are out in force today, utterly hopeless footballer but I better stop there because you aren't allowed an opinion on here.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Got slated on here last week for saying he's a poor player. Seems the same sympathisers are out in force today, utterly hopeless footballer but I better stop there because you aren't allowed an opinion on here.

Seems there's as much haters out too.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 04:41 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cx0fMEM3OR4/SwXqA7Yi9SI/AAAAAAAAAJ8/l58HbGfZSvo/s400/conspiracy_theorists.jpg

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Tactics were fine. Same tactics that beat them at ER. Can't legislate fit players giving the ball away. Can't legislate for injury forcing a centre back out to right back. Can't legislate for a deflected goal. To many poor performers cost us the points not the tactics.

Tactics were far from fine GL. Far to deep, far to much respect giving to them and not enough closing down and pressing them when they had the ball. The final score tells that so does the match stats!

As I've said before, still fancy us to win the league and Stubbs will learn from this I think. But he got it all wrong today.

3pm
28-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Fyvie was poor but there you go. He's a good player.

My biggest frustration with him was faking injury when Halliday got sent off. I don't like that.

keep the faith
28-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Tactics were far from fine GL. Far to deep, far to much respect giving to them and not enough closing down and pressing them when they had the ball. The final score tells that so does the match stats!

As I've said before, still fancy us to win the league and Stubbs will learn from this I think. But he got it all wrong today.

Yep. Wrong set up today but still think we are a better side than that lot.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 04:46 PM

As I've said before, still fancy us to win the league and Stubbs will learn from this I think. But he got it all wrong today.not for me Cat. Exactly how we won at ER. Exactly how every other team has taken points of them this season too. Stop them getting in round the back by defending deep. We engineered our own downfall by giving the ball away all over the park and when we did defending poorly. Tactics spot on for me.

Sylar
28-12-2015, 04:55 PM
Had a poor game but he wasn't alone today. A bad day at the office, which was always going to feel worse following Stubbs' press commentary in the run-up.

Fyvie's antics for the red card were shameful - it would probably have been a yellow each for handbags but his feigning of a headbutt got Halliday sent off.

A red card that'll be overturned on appeal, easily.

His contribution to their equaliser was poor but he was hardly the reason we lost.

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 04:55 PM
not for me Cat. Exactly how we won at ER. Exactly how every other team has taken points of them this season too. Stop them getting in round the back by defending deep. We engineered our own downfall by giving the ball away all over the park and when we did defending poorly. Tactics spit in for me.

They had all the pressure on them Lex today yet we let them off the hook by letting them play. They were full of confidence even at 0-1 down they were still bursting forward.

To rattle them we need to have a go! Just like in the 4-0 game we went for it from the off. The game we won at ER we got lucky that day just like The Rangers got lucky at Ibrox before that game (which we were the better team) we weren't going to be that lucky again and Stubbs should know that. Best line of defence is attack and they have a poor defence that we didn't test nearly enough.

mentalhibee
28-12-2015, 04:56 PM
not for me Cat. Exactly how we won at ER. Exactly how every other team has taken points of them this season too. Stop them getting in round the back by defending deep. We engineered our own downfall by giving the ball away all over the park and when we did defending poorly. Tactics spit in for me.

Tactics might have worked had we started with malonga or anier instead of keatings. We needed someone to hold it up upfront and come short for the ball. Keatings was non existent.

My_Wife_Camille
28-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Does he not play for someone else, if we are playing that game i fancy that Suarez guy that plays in Spain.
Yes he plays for Falkirk.

I'd like Suarez too

matty_f
28-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Had a poor game but he wasn't alone today. A bad day at the office, which was always going to feel worse following Stubbs' press commentary in the run-up.

Fyvie's antics for the red card were shameful - it would probably have been a yellow each for handbags but his feigning of a headbutt got Halliday sent off.

A red card that'll be overturned on appeal, easily.

His contribution to their equaliser was poor but he was hardly the reason we lost.

Fyvie's a good player that had a bad game, it happens. Seen folk on twitter telling him he shouldn't pull a Hibs shirt on again, FFS.

We have some ****ing idiots in our 'support'.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Fyvie's a good player that had a bad game, it happens. Seen folk on twitter telling him he shouldn't pull a Hibs shirt on again, FFS.

:agree: far too many know it alls. Know doubt they said he wasn't up to it when he signed and have been waiting for this moment.

When a guy has a bad game its support he needs not a hammering.

****ing idiots.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Tactics might have worked had we started with malonga or anier instead of keatings. We needed someone to hold it up upfront and come short for the ball. Keatings was non existent.

Fair point. I like Keatings but as has been pointed out can he play in the same team as Cummings as they are very similar. Might be ok against other teams but perhaps not today. Having said that he does buzz about the place and Eangers are slow at the back. Port performances all over contributed to losing the points today.

keep the faith

Correct!

HFC 0-7
Considering how much Sevco players get away with you can't blame him for exaggerating it a bit to get the red.

A bit? It never even touched his face!

HFC 0-7
28-12-2015, 05:16 PM

I think he is just an OK player and hasn't been great for a few games now. He has been giving the ball away for a few games now. My biggest concern was how he managed to stay on for so long, he was miles off the pace today, I would have hooked him way before McGinn.

mentalhibee
28-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Fyvie was poor but there you go. He's a good player.

My biggest frustration with him was faking injury when Halliday got sent off. I don't like that.

Hibs are 3-1 down and your bothered fyfie got a Rangers player sent off....Wisen up! Halliday had already gotten away with two blatant handballs and countless fouls. He also kicked out at fyfie, which wasn't shown on the replays.

Pete
28-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Fyvie is a decent player, easily good enough for Hibs. Had a really bad game today setting up the Huns first goal with a suicide pass in central mid, and his antics at the sending off.

Overall, will be v disappointed and probably showed why he's at Hibs and not playing at a higher level.

Whoa there, what "antics"?

He was headbutted.

snooky
28-12-2015, 05:26 PM

Ageed TC23 however, at this level, AS's major tactical faux pas today is surely way past the "learn from" stage, IMO

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Ageed TC23 however, at this level, AS's major tactical faux pas today is surely way past the "learn from" stage, IMO

Cant see where his tactics played any part in the individual errors that cost us dearly today? :confused:

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2015, 05:32 PM
not for me Cat. Exactly how we won at ER. Exactly how every other team has taken points of them this season too. Stop them getting in round the back by defending deep. We engineered our own downfall by giving the ball away all over the park and when we did defending poorly. Tactics spot on for me.

Rangers are over-reliant on pushing Wallace and Tavernier up and trying to get the overload on one of the wings. By holding a deep line we drew them in but were able to stop it there, which was causing them frustration and giving us the scope to break. We saw that prior to our goal where they would work the ball around the left flank but invariably had to go backward.

The fact we didn't capitalise on all this was down to some slack passing and marking by us against a team who will happily take their opportunities.

If we had been sharper and held the lead, it would have worked a treat as their attacking style would have left them increasingly exposed as the game went on and they searched for an equaliser - this would have played to our strengths on the bench, with scope to utilise Anier and Boyle on the flanks, plus what we know Malonga brings.

As for Fyvie, most of us were very impressed when he signed and he's played his part in the progress we've made this season. It looked like he gave away possession a little more than his teammates today but that happens and we shouldn't forget we were playing against players who should be a lot sharper, better positioning and reaction skills etc than who we usually face.

Re the sending-off I'm not overly fussed. Without having seen it since, I thought Halliday took a right kick at Fyvie before going into him which in itself would be a red card IMO.

Sylar
28-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Whoa there, what "antics"?

He was headbutted.

No, he wasn't.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Cant see where his tactics played any part in the individual errors that cost us dearly today? :confused:

Agree Blackpool. Every team that's taken points of them in their slump has played this way. If we had turned up gun Ho and been picked of Stubbs would rightly be getting pelters. Can't tactically legislate for giving the ball away, defending poorly and deflections.

Pete
28-12-2015, 05:36 PM
No, he wasn't.

Have you seen a replay that conforms there was no contact?

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 05:36 PM

Sitting in and letting them attack us and put us under that much pressure forces errors.

Sylar
28-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Have you seen a replay that conforms there was no contact?

Oh, there was contact. Halliday barged into him but it was his chest into Fyvie's shoulder.

keep the faith
28-12-2015, 05:39 PM

Sat too deep. Fontaine should have played instead of Hanlon and front pairing was wrong.

Boyle89
28-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Was terrible today and that's being kind. He gave away two goals and play acted to get a man sent off. Disgusting performance from him today. He needs dropped. Not on the same level as mcginn and mcgeouch. Yes everyone can have an off day but he has far too many for my liking.

28-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Awful performance today but he has had a good season. Posters wanting him out are ridiculous IMO.

Pete
28-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Oh, there was contact. Halliday barged into him but it was his chest into Fyvie's shoulder.

So the answer is no. Are you saying this because the co commentator said it?

Scotchmist
This is a rubbish thread.
Fyvie had an off day, simple as that.
WE weren't great, in general.
THEY were a bit better than us.
Stubbs will learn and improve from today.
In that I have no doubt!

Sylar
So the answer is no. Are you saying this because the co commentator said it?

I'm saying this because I have two eyes that work. If you don't, my condolences.

Pete
28-12-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm saying this because I have two eyes that work. If you don't, my condolences.

Did you see a replay that showed there was no head contact? Yes or no.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2015, 05:48 PM

Along with the OxleyMorons

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Sat too deep. Fontaine should have played instead of Hanlon and front pairing was wrong.

We were skooshing it until Fyvie gave the ball away, Team selection would not have been my team but individual errors cost us today, not tactics.

Sylar
28-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Did you see a replay that showed there was no head contact? Yes or no.

https://streamable.com/nxbn

No head contact. Whatsoever.

If you can see head contact there, I'd contact the DVLA immediately if you drive on a daily basis.

oldbiker
28-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Bad day at the office and everyone has one, pity it was such a high profile game to have a bummer and I think he over-tried a lot. Bet he will be up for a wee bit of revenge when the next match with them come up.

3pm
28-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Hibs are 3-1 down and your bothered fyfie got a Rangers player sent off....Wisen up! Halliday had already gotten away with two blatant handballs and countless fouls. He also kicked out at fyfie, which wasn't shown on the replays.

It's not a case of not being wise, I just don't like our players effectively cheating.

Franck Stanton
28-12-2015, 05:59 PM

Really ? Honestly, some folk. :confused:

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 06:01 PM
We were skooshing it until Fyvie gave the ball away, Team selection would not have been my team but individual errors cost us today, not tactics.

Behave BH, we certainly weren't "Skooshing it" we were under the cosh big time. Are you being serious or have I been caught hook, line and sinker here?

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2015, 06:02 PM

If you can see head contact there, I'd contact the DVLA immediately if you drive on a daily basis.

No ball present whatsoever.

But Halliday kicks Fyvie in the groin then shoulder charges him. Off the ball.

How's that not a red card?

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Behave BH, we certainly weren't "Skooshing it" we were under the cosh big time. Are you being serious or have I been caught hook, line and sinker here?

We were in control, under no threat and giving them no space for their fullbacks to get in behind us. That is their main threat, and we stopped this, a bad mistake let them in to score.

Bad marking for the 2nd goal, then we need to push on and and take risks. At 1-0 i felt we were well in control.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 06:07 PM

Because it's Fyvie and we can't have the official .net scapegoat seen to not be in the wrong.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 06:18 PM
It's not a case of not being wise, I just don't like our players effectively cheating. Bit Harsh. making the most of being attacked isnt cheating. The ref saw enough for a red. thats good enough for me. If he had been rolling around like hed been poleaxed Id see youre point. How do you know he wasnt caught in the face during the challenge before he was attacked?

J-C
28-12-2015, 06:22 PM

Tactics allowed Rangers to drive at us with the ball, which then led to individual mistakes. Change tactics, take the ball to them and put them under pressure and then see if their players can handle it.

Beefster
28-12-2015, 06:24 PM

Someone told me on another thread that it should have definitely only been a yellow. Apparently kicking an opponent whilst the ball is nowhere near, charging him and motioning with the head is just petulant and not worthy of a red card.

J-C
28-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Bit Harsh. making the most of being attacked isnt cheating. The ref saw enough for a red. thats good enough for me. If he had been rolling around like hed been poleaxed Id see youre point. How do you know he wasnt caught in the face during the challenge before he was attacked?

Big difference in making the most of an attack and feigning an injury through a non contact head butt.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Tactics allowed Rangers to drive at us with the ball, which then led to individual mistakes. Change tactics, take the ball to them and put them under pressure and then see if their players can handle it.

Its the same tactics that got us our win earlier in the season, cut out the individual mistakes and they wouldnt have scored.

Poor poor mistakes that cost us dearly.

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Unreal the amount of people saying it was solely his fault we conceeded the 4th.

He got skinned in the 94th minute of the game when they hit us on the counter.

Going by this u would think he put the ball in the net himself

greenlex
28-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Big difference in making the most of an attack and feigning an injury through a non contact head butt. Rubbish. As I said how do yu know his face didnt hurt after the original challenges. He didnt even go down. Ref called it as he saw it. Not Fyvies fault. Hardly cheating. Head butt or not its a sending off for retaliating. Of all the moaning heading in his diretion for his performance today cant beleive the grief hes getting for that incident.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Someone told me on another thread that it should have definitely only been a yellow. Apparently kicking an opponent whilst the ball is nowhere near, charging him and motioning with the head is just petulant and not worthy of a red card. Mental eh? As if we didnt have enough to greet about.

J-C
28-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Its the same tactics that got us our win earlier in the season, cut out the individual mistakes and they wouldnt have scored.

Poor poor mistakes that cost us dearly.

And we rode our luck that day, personally I prefer winning games through skill rather than relying on luck.

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Someone told me on another thread that it should have definitely only been a yellow. Apparently kicking an opponent whilst the ball is nowhere near, charging him and motioning with the head is just petulant and not worthy of a red card.

I've not seen that thread yet!

When Beckham took his backheel swipe at Simeone in '98, even the most patriotic English commentators didn't attempt to excuse it as petulant :greengrin

Violent conduct is violent conduct, excuses for it come secondary.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Unreal the amount of people saying it was solely his fault we conceeded the 4th.

He got skinned in the 94th minute of the game when they hit us on the counter.

Going by this u would think he put the ball in the net himselfIt is typical .net witch-hunting, was Oxley last time we lost to the Huns. I remember reading he was the ''worst goalie to ever play for Hibs'', same rubbish today with Fyvie, embarrassing and laughable are the words that come to mind.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 06:35 PM
And we rode our luck that day, personally I prefer winning games through skill rather than relying on luck. Ive had a similar conversation on the PM board. Restricting them to two shots on target and one of them wasnt even the goal is nothing to do with luck. Its tactics, It worked. Other teams have taken points off them since employing similar tactics. Not great to watch but effective if you play well enough.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 06:38 PM
And we rode our luck that day, personally I prefer winning games through skill rather than relying on luck.We didn't ride our luck at all, they were lucky to get one.

J-C
28-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Ive had a similar conversation on the PM board. Restricting them to two shots on target and one of them wasnt even the goal is nothing to do with luck. Its tactics, It worked. Other teams have taken points off them since employing similar tactics. Not great to watch but effective if you play well enough.

The tactics today put us under a lot of pressure, it will only work if no mistakes are made, unfortunately too many mistakes were made and far too many players were way off form, Maybe time for Stubbs to re evaluate his tactics and his selections.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 06:42 PM
The tactics today put us under a lot of pressure, it will only work if no mistakes are made, unfortunately too many mistakes were made and far too many players were way off form, Maybe time for Stubbs to re evaluate his tactics and his selections.1 loss in 18, I think Stubbs will take his chances with what is clearly working.

Unseen work
28-12-2015, 06:42 PM
It is typical .net witch-hunting, was Oxley last time we lost to the Huns. I remember reading he was the ''worst goalie to ever play for Hibs'', same rubbish today with Fyvie, embarrassing and laughable are the words that come to mind.

Exactly mate, mcgregor made a mistake for the first goal too with rushing out of the defence leaving a huge gap. It will be that stubbs is more concerned about imo than the misplaced pass

Today the only player I would give a pass mark to is Cummings. As a whole we were slow on the ball, taking too many touches and our shape was poor.

But we have been on a fantastic run and this will be the boot we need to pick ourselves up again as our performances have went down hill a bit of late.

I still have faith in us winning this league

greenlex
28-12-2015, 06:48 PM
1 loss in 18, I think Stubbs will take his chances with what is clearly working. Behave. thatll never catch on.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 06:51 PM
And we rode our luck that day, personally I prefer winning games through skill rather than relying on luck.

Did we bollox ride our luck that day, we won the game fair and square. FFS you cant even give the team praise when we win, and 17 games ago we lost our last game yet your posts today are so over the top, you'd think we have the worst team ever and are about to be relegated rather than having a team just 3 point from the top at the start of January. :confused:

Carheenlea
28-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Fraser Fyvie has had some terrific games this season but today was a stinker. One thing though, I don't think he will let it affect him too much and if selected on Saturday will continue to look for the ball and try and make things happen.
As for the sending off incident, I was very disappointed to see that from a Hibernian player. There was no need to feign a headbutt contact as a red card offence had been committed with both kick and barge off the ball. Of course, had he not feigned the knock the referee might not have pulled a red, but there should be absolutely no place for that at Easter Road.

3pm
28-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Bit Harsh. making the most of being attacked isnt cheating. The ref saw enough for a red. thats good enough for me. If he had been rolling around like hed been poleaxed Id see youre point. How do you know he wasnt caught in the face during the challenge before he was attacked?

I'm judging by what I watched on the replays. I have no issue with saying Halliday went for him but you know that he threw his face back when he wasn't hit in the face.

I can't multi quote but one of your other posts said something about him getting grief for that rather than his performance. From my point of view, I can live with his performance because that happens.

The other thing comes down to interpretation. We disagree, nae hassle.

Ronniekirk
28-12-2015, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4532662]We were in control, under no threat and giving them no space for their fullbacks to get in behind us. That is their main threat, and we stopped this, a bad mistake let them in to score.

Bad marking for the 2nd goal, then we need to push on and and take risks. At 1-0 i felt we were well in control.[/QUOTE

It's all about options ,but at no point in the game did I think we were in control and going to win .its not the end of the world ,but as we were the form team I would have liked us to cause them more problems than we did , but we rarely got our passing game going
Even with ten men they caused us more problems .Yes you can say we were going for it ,and that left space for them to exploit ,but I am still dissapointed in the manner of the defeat .
But equall looking forward to us bouncing straight back against Raith.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm judging by what I watched on the replays. I have no issue with saying Halliday went for him but you know that he threw his face back when he wasn't hit in the face.

I can't multi quote but one of your other posts said something about him getting grief for that rather than his performance. From my point of view, I can live with his performance because that happens.

The other thing comes down to interpretation. We disagree, nae hassle.
:aok: Peace Brother.

Pete
28-12-2015, 07:17 PM

First time I've seen the first angle and it doesn't look like there was contact.

Ach well. What a shame for the terrorist sympathising **** :aok:

ronaldo7
28-12-2015, 07:22 PM
No, he wasn't.

He wasn't headbutted, but he was assaulted. Red card, given by the ref standing beside me:aok:

JimBHibees
28-12-2015, 07:27 PM

Actually thought we were. First goal changed the game for them.

stevenhibs
28-12-2015, 07:28 PM
If someone goes to stick the nut on you, your instinct is to pull away and quick.

Red all day for me.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Actually thought we were. First goal changed the game for them.
I dont quite think we were skooshing it to be honest but they were more sideways and backwards passes from them until we gifted them the equaliser than any other pass. Aye they had loads of the ball but we were comfortable enough.

Sylar
28-12-2015, 08:12 PM
First time I've seen the first angle and it doesn't look like there was contact.

Ach well. What a shame for the terrorist sympathising **** :aok:

He still possibly deserved to go for his kick out at Fyvie but if you take that line, you would need to suggest that Fyvie should have walked for kicking through the back of Halliday in the first place.

Quoting my phrasing toward the Celtc fans back at me is an odd attempt to score points though, as I'd quite readily say the same thing about their ugly sisters.

Pete
28-12-2015, 08:20 PM
If someone goes to stick the nut on you, your instinct is to pull away and quick.

Red all day for me.

Justice was definitely done.

Stokesy's on fire
28-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Don't care about frasers reaction the fact is Halliday went for our player end of

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Not bothered about the red card but Fyvie was badly at fault for both 1st and 4th goals which were major factors in our defeat.

Heisenberg
28-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Fyvie needs dropped. Been very poor recently.

OsloHibs
28-12-2015, 09:43 PM
That 4th goal was truly awful *Hide eyes*

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 09:48 PM
That 4th goal was truly awful *Hide eyes*

All down to Stubbs apparently, just as the first one was and the second and probably the 3rd too. We could have played 2-3-5 and if the same players made the same mistakes, we'd still have lost those goals.

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 09:49 PM
All down to Stubbs apparently, just as the first one was and the second and probably the 3rd too. We could have played 2-3-5 and if the same players made the same mistakes, we'd still have lost those goals.

75 mins we'd had one shot on target. But hey we were on top 😂

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 09:50 PM
75 mins we'd had one shot on target. But hey we were on top 

Who said we were on top? :confused:

BS44
28-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Not bothered about the red card but Fyvie was badly at fault for both 1st and 4th goals which were major factors in our defeat.

First goal defo. He took far too long to shift the ball left.Fourth goal was the 89th minute, surely we can excuse players making errors that late in the match?

SausageSurprise
28-12-2015, 09:53 PM
75 mins we'd had one shot on target. But hey we were on top 😂

Did we sing louder though? That's the most important thing

stoneyburn hibs
28-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Not doubting Fraser's commitment but for the next couple of games ( barring injuries) he should be benched. Not doubting the boys ability but he's just not on it at the minute.

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Who said we were on top? :confused:

I'm sorry I thought "scooshing it" meant we were on top! My mistake!!

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-12-2015, 10:02 PM
First goal defo. He took far too long to shift the ball left.Fourth goal was the 89th minute, surely we can excuse players making errors that late in the match?

Waghorn went past Fyvie as if he wasn't there. There was still another 5/6 mins after that to get an equaliser if we'd defended that attack.

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2015, 10:04 PM

Seriously?

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2015, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry I thought "scooshing it" meant we were on top! My mistake!!

We were well in control before Fyvies blunder, Oxley never had ONE shot to save and they were creating nothing.

1-0 up and skooshing it.

BS44
28-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Seriously?

Yeah, seriously.

I've only seen what happened once from the far end at Ibrox. But, I've also watched Fyvie put in a shift for ninety minutes. Waghorn done him no doubt, but we can't blame him alone for the fourth goal.

Pete
28-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Waghorn went past Fyvie as if he wasn't there. There was still another 5/6 mins after that to get an equaliser if we'd defended that attack.

Fyvie isn't a defender and if he'd even so much as breathed on Waghorn he would have went down resulting in a penalty and second yellow. Bit of a sucker punch.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Yeah, seriously.

I've only seen what happened once from the far end at Ibrox. But, I've also watched Fyvie put in a shift for ninety minutes. Waghorn done him no doubt, but we can't blame him alone for the fourth goal.

If only a defender had tracked the run then maybe they'd have been able to defend a bit better.

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Yeah, seriously.

Your point was that we should excuse a mistake because it was so late in the game. Nonsense IMO

Sammy7nil
28-12-2015, 10:24 PM
With the greatest of respects, we've seen this before with Oxley, Craig, Spoony and any number of chosen scapegoats. A player has a bad game and then the usual suspects do everything they can to knock them - it's boring and I'd rather that the same effort was put into putting the doom and gloomers who sap confidence and the joy out of supporting Hibs in their place than blaming scapegoats before the final whistle has even gone.

Fyvie didn't have a good game today. I'm sure he'll be back at his best on the Saturday. No need to call for him to leave the club - he's a man with an FA Cup Winners medal so is clearly suitable for playing at this level.

Agree Not read the thread but get real he is a good player who had an off day

Forza Fred
28-12-2015, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;4532662]We were in control, under no threat and giving them no space for their fullbacks to get in behind us. That is their main threat, and we stopped this, a bad mistake let them in to score.

Bad marking for the 2nd goal, then we need to push on and and take risks. At 1-0 i felt we were well in control.[/QUOTE

It's all about options ,but at no point in the game did I think we were in control and going to win .its not the end of the world ,but as we were the form team I would have liked us to cause them more problems than we did , but we rarely got our passing game going
Even with ten men they caused us more problems .Yes you can say we were going for it ,and that left space for them to exploit ,but I am still dissapointed in the manner of the defeat .
But equall looking forward to us bouncing straight back against Raith.

Pretty much the way I saw it, although I did not share the pre game expectations of many, as, as I pointed out, playing Rangers at Ibrox is somewhat more daunting a task than say playing Alloa or Dumbarton etc.

Mistakes that one makes when playing the likes of Alloa, may go unpunished but they WILL be punished at a higher level and so it came to pass.....literally!

I am now worried that we may not 'bounce back' immediately now that we have been wounded, and that we stutter for a few games.

hope I'm wrong,but this IS Hibs we are talking about here.

BS44
28-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Your point was that we should excuse a mistake because it was so late in the game. Nonsense IMO

Fair do's. The point i'm struggling to make is that he was tired when he got done, looked to me at the time Fyvie went one way hun **** went the other.

BoomtownHibees
28-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Fair do's. The point i'm struggling to make is that he was tired when he got done, looked to me at the time Fyvie went one way hun **** went the other.

He should have just kept the Hun going down the outside. I said to my mate as he was running through "he will cut inside here and score". Was so obvious he was only going to try and go inside

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2015, 10:39 PM
If only a defender had tracked the run then maybe they'd have been able to defend a bit better.

Not watched highlights yet but when I do I will be looking for why Fyvie was picking up Waghorn. It shouldn't have been his job I suspect and from memory of the game Fontaine was close by, watching.

That's not criticism of anybody (yet) but I would be surprised if Fyvie was meant to be responsible for Waghorn. I can accept that if we were chasing a goal and pushing defenders up then there might be a shift in who should cover whom but I struggle to imagine why Fyvie would be assigned Waghorn.

BS44
28-12-2015, 10:42 PM
He should have just kept the Hun going down the outside. I said to my mate as he was running through "he will cut inside here and score". Was so obvious he was only going to try and go inside

Certainly wasn't obvious from where I was but there you are.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 10:45 PM

Not watched highlights yet but when I do I will be looking for why Fyvie was picking up Waghorn. It shouldn't have been his job I suspect and from memory of the game Fontaine was close by, watching.

That's not criticism of anybody (yet) but I would be surprised if Fyvie was meant to be responsible for Waghorn. I can accept that if we were chasing a goal and pushing defenders up then there might be a shift in who should cover whom but I struggle to imagine why Fyvie would be assigned Waghorn.

He's been being groomed as the scapegoat for a few weeks now and a fair few folk are seizing their chance.

It's just a pity that when he gave the ball away for the 1st goal the 3 others around Holt didn't help him out.

It's a team game after all.

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2015, 10:59 PM
He's been being groomed as the scapegoat for a few weeks now and a fair few folk are seizing their chance.

It's just a pity that when he gave the ball away for the 1st goal the 3 others around Holt didn't help him out.

It's a team game after all.

True.

Again, from memory, the misplaced pass/interception was just short of being a beauty that would have opened things up for a certain chance. Disappointing that it didn't come off but we were breaking and there's a responsibility on those behind to get back into position.

I think it's an interesting point about the scapegoat grooming and I agree. It shows a lack of appreciation and understanding of what he contributes.

I also don't think it's acknowledged at all how good the football our midfield plays, given how young they are.

We've got an average age of c.21 but we were playing some lovely first touch stuff that would easily see us fine in the SPL

greenlex
28-12-2015, 11:00 PM

It's a team game after all. this is true. If Fyvie doesn't give the ball away and executes the pass then we are of and hitting them on the break. When he does give it away Mc Geouch needs to press Tavernier and McGregor needs to keep his shape where Holt is. Instead McGeouch does nothing and Mc Gregor leaves the space. Also thought Ocley could have done better. That all done and dusted now tho but I'm sure Stubbs will have them in going over the game and the mistakes. Every game is a must win(not that it was ever any other scenario) we must keep the pressure on them. Tonight after the final whistle I think it is the first time this season that the league title is not in our own hands. We need to keep it going as long as we can.

Mibbes Aye
28-12-2015, 11:04 PM
this is true. If Fyvie doesn't give the ball away and executes the pass then we are of and hitting them on the break. When he does give it away Mc Geouch needs to press Tavernier and McGregor needs to keep his shape where Holt is. Instead McGeouch does nothing and Mc Gregor leaves the space. Also thought Ocley could have done better. That all done and dusted now tho but I'm sure Stubbs will have them in going over the game and the mistakes. Every game is a must win(not that it was ever any other scenario) we must keep the pressure on them. Tonight after the final whistle I think it is the first time this season that the league title is not in our own hands. We need to keep it going as long as we can.

If true, I think it will still swing back to being in our own hands.

And I would rather be us than them.

monktonharp
28-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Usual knee-jerk pish after a disappointing result. Been one of our best players since signing and hopefully Stubbs continues to pick him and doesn't base his opinion off of 1 poor game like some ''fans'' on here.I have no intention of reading all the posts on this thread, and only on to make my comment. Fyvie was shocking today and has been giving the ball away quite a lot recently. today he was bad, and had a big hand in costing us some sort of result end of

hibbymick
28-12-2015, 11:41 PM
I have no intention of reading all the posts on this thread, and only on to make my comment. Fyvie was shocking today and has been giving the ball away quite a lot recently. today he was bad, and had a big hand in costing us some sort of result end of

He was shocking last week as well,,, but he does a power of work so everythings ok...im happy with that.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 11:55 PM
If true, I think it will still swing back to being in our own hands.

And I would rather be us than them.

When it was an 11 point gap I'm sure we had a game in hand.

Mibbes Aye
29-12-2015, 12:15 AM
When it was an 11 point gap I'm sure we had a game in hand.

We did :agree:

And I would still rather be us than them :greengrin

Steve-O
29-12-2015, 06:29 AM
Fyvie wasn't great. Beaten far too easily for that 4th, whether he was tired or not.

Poor for the first goal too though I appreciate it was inches away from being a good pass. He really had to make sure though.

Greenworld
29-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Watched the game on tv have been to the last 4 games at easter rd and every game Fyvie has been poor..he cannot find a player from 10 yards if its a work horse people want they are 10 a penny he is the weak link in an otherwise impressive midfield

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
29-12-2015, 10:35 AM
I'd have rather seen Scott Martin play. I know he is on loan but i think he can be the missing piece in our midfield

SeanWilson
29-12-2015, 10:41 AM
A side note - ex ref on sky sports reckons he'll get a retrsopective ban for his nonsense with Halliday. Said it was exactly the same as Kyle Lafferty years ago, giving them precedent.

matty_f
29-12-2015, 10:55 AM
The best players in the world misplace passes, they give the ball away, and they do it several times a match. You'll struggle to find a player with a 100% pass completion rate. The best players misplace passes, then they attempt more. The best strikers miss easy chances from time to time, the best defenders lose headers, miss tackles, score own goals, the best goalies now and again let in a shot that should be bread and butter, or drop a cross, or mis-judge a ball.

I'd 100% rather Fyvie was looking to get on the ball, looking to make things happen, and if it goes wrong now and again I can live with that. The alternative is the uber-safe play that we saw under Fenlon and Butcher. Players scared to make mistakes so never trying anything.

I'm sure Michael Jordan has a famous quote somewhere about the number of shots he misses being the reason he's as good as he is.

matty_f
29-12-2015, 10:55 AM
A side note - ex ref on sky sports reckons he'll get a retrsopective ban for his nonsense with Halliday. Said it was exactly the same as Kyle Lafferty years ago, giving them precedent.

Did they say he pretended to be kicked as well? Was Lafferty kicked?

SeanWilson
29-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Did they say he pretended to be kicked as well? Was Lafferty kicked?

No mate, the guy (can't remember his name but big ugly guy with bald head lol) said that he'd be very surprised if Fyvie doesn't end up being banned for simulation given the precedent as Hallidays' red card will be overturned for sure.

SeanWilson
29-12-2015, 11:02 AM
The best players in the world misplace passes, they give the ball away, and they do it several times a match. You'll struggle to find a player with a 100% pass completion rate. The best players misplace passes, then they attempt more. The best strikers miss easy chances from time to time, the best defenders lose headers, miss tackles, score own goals, the best goalies now and again let in a shot that should be bread and butter, or drop a cross, or mis-judge a ball.

I'd 100% rather Fyvie was looking to get on the ball, looking to make things happen, and if it goes wrong now and again I can live with that. The alternative is the uber-safe play that we saw under Fenlon and Butcher. Players scared to make mistakes so never trying anything.

I'm sure Michael Jordan has a famous quote somewhere about the number of shots he misses being the reason he's as good as he is.

This is my opinion. If you look at the game in real time, when Fyvie misplaces the pass for their goal, he's actually trying a neat ball, which would have played us through to a superb goal scoring opportunity... We have a team capable of excellence now so I'll live with the mistakes.

snooky
29-12-2015, 11:28 AM
This is my opinion. If you look at the game in real time, when Fyvie misplaces the pass for their goal, he's actually trying a neat ball, which would have played us through to a superb goal scoring opportunity... We have a team capable of excellence now so I'll live with the mistakes.

I agree with you. Fyvie tried to make a quick pass for a counter-attack that was intercepted due to poor execution. MacGregor had bust up the wing as part of the surge. Because of this, we were caught short at the back. Not blaming anybody here. I'd rather watch a bit of swashbuckling play than a sterilised take-no-chances performance which seemed to be the main aspect of AS's tactics yesterday from the kick off.

snooky
29-12-2015, 11:31 AM
A side note - ex ref on sky sports reckons he'll get a retrospective ban for his nonsense with Halliday. Said it was exactly the same as Kyle Lafferty years ago, giving them precedent.

:agree: We can't defend the indefensible.

Beefster
29-12-2015, 11:34 AM
No mate, the guy (can't remember his name but big ugly guy with bald head lol) said that he'd be very surprised if Fyvie doesn't end up being banned for simulation given the precedent as Hallidays' red card will be overturned for sure.

Lafferty went down like he had been shot and then, IIRC, smirked or winked once the red card was shown. Fyvie's reaction was nothing like that so I think any chat about precedent is wrong.

If Halliday's red card is overturned, the authorities are saying that it's fine to kick out at an opponent, charge him and then motion with the head. If that's the message they want to send out, it'll just be another example of them being utterly clueless.

Stuarty27
29-12-2015, 12:04 PM
He played like he had a bet on Rangers to win yesterday.

It was truly up there with one of the worst individual displays in a Hibs Jersey.

I still think there is talent there, but folk are kidding themselves on if they think he is playing anywhere near the level he was at last season. He should be dropped for the Raith game and big Marv back in.

bigwheel
29-12-2015, 12:06 PM

It was truly up there with one of the worst individual displays in a Hibs Jersey.

I still think there is talent there, but folk are kidding themselves on if they think he is playing anywhere near the level he was at last season. He should be dropped for the Raith game and big Marv back in.

oh come on..I've told you a million times to stop exaggerating ...

greenlex
29-12-2015, 12:06 PM
It will very much depend what the ref puts in his report as to why he sent haliday off. If he mentions head butt they may have a case. Even then Hibs would have a very good appeal against any punishment for Fyvie shoukd he get any for his alleged part.. Ive said before who knows if Fyvie didnt take a knock in the face during the challenges prior to Haliday lashing out. IMO he didnt roll about like he had been shot and lets remember there was contact from Haliday. Hes the aggressor and stupid one.

greenlex
29-12-2015, 12:07 PM

Stop it:faf::faf:

greenlex
29-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Can I just add that although Fyvie was culpable for the 4th goal Iwould like to think Oxley could do better too as I thought he could have at the first.

broondog
29-12-2015, 12:23 PM
he was an absolute disgrace today and was solely to blame for the loss which could ultimately end up costing us the title. Can't say he has particularly impressed in many games this season either. We don't have any room for passengers when we are fighting every week for the title. Never a Hibs player in a million years and don't think he really cares about it either. If we can't sell him I would pay him off and end his contract right away.

bigwheel
29-12-2015, 12:25 PM
he was an absolute disgrace today and was solely to blame for the loss which could ultimately end up costing us the title. Can't say he has particularly impressed in many games this season either. We don't have any room for passengers when we are fighting every week for the title. Never a Hibs player in a million years and don't think he really cares about it either. If we can't sell him I would pay him off and end his contract right away.

There are so many things wrong with this post that I don't even care to start addressing them - just simply No !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baader
29-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Fyvie had a bad afternoon. To label him a disgrace or selling the jersey is just a hysterical overreaction. Put it behind us and move on. We will drop points again before the end of the season and so will the Huns.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Fyvie had a bad afternoon. To label him a disgrace or selling the jersey is just a hysterical overreaction. Put it behind us and move on. We will drop points again before the end of the season and so will the Huns.

If he shouldn't have played the pass that was intercepted what should he have done?

matty_f
29-12-2015, 01:36 PM
If he shouldn't have played the pass that was intercepted what should he have done?

Dribbled past five players and stuck it in the top corner like what we'd have done at school. Obviously.

J-C
29-12-2015, 01:48 PM

It looked like the timing. of the pass rather than the pass itself, it should've been done 2 second earlier before the Rangers player was on top of him, you can't be clever with passes like that just outside your box.

Onion
29-12-2015, 01:51 PM

That pass was never on. The Hun player sold himself to cut that ball out.

As the commentator said, Fyvie should have faked the pass and gone past the Hun to his right, taking him out of the game. There would then have been 3 Hibs players on the left bearing down on the Huns goal with few Hun defenders.

matty_f
29-12-2015, 01:52 PM
It looked like the timing. of the pass rather than the pass itself, it should've been done 2 second earlier before the Rangers player was on top of him, you can't be clever with passes like that just outside your box.

The pass for the first goal, Fyvie was at the centre circle IIRC, hardly just outside the box. :confused:

(I've only seen it once though, so happy to stand corrected if that's wrong!)

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 01:53 PM
The pass for the first goal, Fyvie was at the centre circle IIRC, hardly just outside the box. :confused:

Maybe getting mixed up with Fontaine dribbling on the edge of his box.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 01:54 PM

As the commentator said, Fyvie should have feigned the pass and gone past the Hun to his right, taking him out of the game. There would then have been 3 Hibs players on the left bearing down on the Huns goal with few Hun defenders.

Yip - Matty F said so a couple of posts back.

Is it triangle, square, circle you press to do that?

Malthibby
29-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Dribbled past five players and stuck it in the top corner like what we'd have done at school. Obviously.

That's what I thought too, it's what I would have done.
He had a 'mare & it's up to Stubbs to pick him up & learn from yesterday, along with most of the rest of the team).
He'll be a great player for us.

GG

bigwheel
29-12-2015, 01:59 PM

it was 6-7 yards away from the centre circle..nearer there than edge of the box...still a risk area to play such a pass, as you say though, if it comes off we are flying forward and he looks a star..

Just Alf
29-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Just read the 1st few posts if this thread so apologies to those that may have added sensible posts later on.... but....

It's this type of thread why I stayed away from here since the game!

Did he (Fyvie ) have a good game? Nope

Are we now in free fall coz of yesterday? Nope

Are Hibs suddenly ***** coz of yesterday? Nope

Are we still in serious contention? Yup.

Hibs fans? Yer having a laugh!

Sigh.

PS don't bother discussing this. ... if your sort of in agreement then great, if not then your a lost cause and I'm away for another day or two.

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

J-C
29-12-2015, 03:15 PM

Just checked it again just to be sure and it was half way between the semi circle and the centre circle, not the worst pass but was so telegraphed it makes it easy for the Rangers player to intercept it.

Scouse Hibee
29-12-2015, 04:55 PM

Nonsense,total nonsense.

SausageSurprise
29-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Watched the game on tv have been to the last 4 games at easter rd and every game Fyvie has been poor..he cannot find a player from 10 yards if its a work horse people want they are 10 a penny he is the weak link in an otherwise impressive midfield

Obviously missed the Falkirk game

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2015, 05:57 PM

I still think there is talent there, but folk are kidding themselves on if they think he is playing anywhere near the level he was at last season. He should be dropped for the Raith game and big Marv back in.Absolute rubbish.

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2015, 05:58 PM

Baldy Foghorn
29-12-2015, 05:59 PM

As the commentator said, Fyvie should have faked the pass and gone past the Hun to his right, taking him out of the game. There would then have been 3 Hibs players on the left bearing down on the Huns goal with few Hun defenders.

Hindsight eh.....It wasn't his finest game, but in the heat of the moment, he thought it was the right ball to play

emerald green
29-12-2015, 06:04 PM

Garbage. Is Fyvie going to be your new Liam Craig?

Even worse garbage. "Pay him off and end his contract right away." FFS. :crazy:

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2015, 06:12 PM

In the history of football no 1 player has ever been to blame for any game lost. It is a team game.
It wont cost us the title, losing to Dumbarton and drawing with St Mirren done a lot more damage than losing yesterday.
He has impressed plenty of times, that is why our manager who knows far more than you continues to pick him.
He is far from a passenger, only a complete moron would think that.
He is a Hibs player and one of our better ones and he obviously does care because he runs himself into the ground every week. He is good enough to win the FA cup but not good enough for Hibs? Living in a fantasy world you are.
We wouldn't have a problem selling him because half the SPL would take him.

Quick breakdown of one of the most pathetic posts I have seen in 6 years on here.

Greenworld
29-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Obviously missed the Falkirk game
I missed nothing

majorhibs
29-12-2015, 08:43 PM
In the history of football no 1 player has ever been to blame for any game lost. It is a team game.
It wont cost us the title, losing to Dumbarton and drawing with St Mirren done a lot more damage than losing yesterday.
He has impressed plenty of times, that is why our manager who knows far more than you continues to pick him.
He is a Hibs player and one of our better ones and he obviously does care because he runs himself into the ground every week. He is good enough to win the FA cup but not good enough for Hibs? Living in a fantasy world you are.

Quick breakdown of one of the most pathetic posts I have seen in 6 years on here.

Wow you like to think your on it, dont you? Was going to post a while ago the spirit of Brian Hamilton is still alive & kicking nowadays. I like endeavour, I like 100%, but more than all that I like to see Hibs winning. Brian Hamilton, imo, held a potentialy really good team back with his own limitations, while some only ever wanted to see his good points he was the limiting factor not the way ahead. I think Fyvie has a LOT of work to do on his game before I think he is not another Brian Hamilton.

monktonharp
29-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Lafferty went down like he had been shot and then, IIRC, smirked or winked once the red card was shown. Fyvie's reaction was nothing like that so I think any chat about precedent is wrong.

If Halliday's red card is overturned, the authorities are saying that it's fine to kick out at an opponent, charge him and then motion with the head. If that's the message they want to send out, it'll just be another example of them being utterly clueless.
:agree:what a lot of people don't seem to mention is, that the hun lashed out with his boot and made contact just before he got up and charged at our player with intent. he also obviously made some sort of chest contact,although the heid butt looks as if it never happened

greenlex
29-12-2015, 09:26 PM
:agree:what a lot of people don't seem to mention is, that the hun lashed out with his boot and made contact just before he got up and charged at our player with intent. he also obviously made some sort of chest contact,although the heid butt looks as if it never happened
Even our Sportsound chums bar Chico Young conveniently dismiss/forget this. They seem to think Haliday has been hard done by somehow after lashing out at Fyvie and then charging up and shoulder barging him.

Big L
29-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Why didn't Stubbs play Bartley in front of the back 4? Why play 2 players who haven't had game time for weeks, McGeough and Hanlon? He could have played 3 at the back to allow Gray and Stevenson to stop the sevco full backs? Why was the plan to let them have more of the ball? Why no Malonga, the best forward we have at holding the ball up? And whats all this pish about " clubs will have to pay big money for Cummings " he should be on a new contract and going nowhere, or has he refused to sign a new one, if so tell us!

QMU-1875
29-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Fyvie has consistently been the poorest player on the park for us this season. We have been better in games without him in the starting 11 as, imo, he slows play down, consistently fails to find his man/killer pass and tackling leaves a lot to be desired. What he does do is work hard and track back. I think we would be better served with McGeouch playing the "key central" role that Fyvie has been playing. I hope his undoubted talent comes through one day for us but this season he just has not cut it. Our best performances have came when we play with a high tempo, not allowing teams the time to get the defence structured, Fyvie is too slow and hesitant for this to work.

monktonharp
29-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Why didn't Stubbs play Bartley in front of the back 4? Why play 2 players who haven't had game time for weeks, McGeough and Hanlon? He could have played 3 at the back to allow Gray and Stevenson to stop the sevco full backs? Why was the plan to let them have more of the ball? Why no Malonga, the best forward we have at holding the ball up? And whats all this pish about " clubs will have to pay big money for Cummings " he should be on a new contract and going nowhere, or has he refused to sign a new one, if so tell us!cool yer jets man. I had similar thoughts about a couple you mention, but do remember that our captain suffered concussion, so out for the second half ,and he was doing well until the "knock".I actually wanted Mc Geoch in, but he was not up to speed, imho .Stevenson,a bit erratic with some poor passing. Hanlon I thought done well.I also thought we'd have Malonga on to start. our young striker,well , all the mainstream media will try to sell him, wont they? It's their job to help The Rangers.

Danderhall Hibs
29-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Fyvie has consistently been the poorest player on the park for us this season. We have been better in games without him in the starting 11 as, imo, he slows play down, consistently fails to find his man/killer pass and tackling leaves a lot to be desired. What he does do is work hard and track back. I think we would be better served with McGeouch playing the "key central" role that Fyvie has been playing. I hope his undoubted talent comes through one day for us but this season he just has not cut it. Our best performances have came when we play with a high tempo, not allowing teams the time to get the defence structured, Fyvie is too slow and hesitant for this to work.

What games did he not play in where we've been better than in the undefeated run?

QMU-1875
29-12-2015, 10:15 PM
What games did he not play in where we've been better than in the undefeated run?

Raith (home), Alloa (home), queens (away), Aberdeen (home). For me these were our most convincing results bar Dundee United and St Mirren away. The rest I think we struggled at times. Result on Monday hasn't brought this out me I have been saying this for a while.

MWHIBBIES
29-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Wow you like to think your on it, dont you? Was going to post a while ago the spirit of Brian Hamilton is still alive & kicking nowadays. I like endeavour, I like 100%, but more than all that I like to see Hibs winning. Brian Hamilton, imo, held a potentialy really good team back with his own limitations, while some only ever wanted to see his good points he was the limiting factor not the way ahead. I think Fyvie has a LOT of work to do on his game before I think he is not another Brian Hamilton.Fyvie is a lot more than someone who just runs around, I'm glad our manager can see that even if others cant.

Forza Fred
29-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Fyvie had a bad game, but some of the comments verge on the hysterical.

And I never knew the forum had so many technical wizards that could even advise what Fyvie should have done when he made that intercepted pass.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it.

He is an important member of the squad who had a bad day....it happens to the best of players....as I am sure people like Steven Gerrard can confirm.

Let's get over it a move onwards and upwards.....Jason Cummings did after missing his penalty against Hamilton in the relegation play offs,and I'm sure Fyvie will too if we let him.

Stewboy
30-12-2015, 07:13 AM
Why didn't Stubbs play Bartley in front of the back 4? Why play 2 players who haven't had game time for weeks, McGeough and Hanlon? He could have played 3 at the back to allow Gray and Stevenson to stop the sevco full backs? Why was the plan to let them have more of the ball? Why no Malonga, the best forward we have at holding the ball up? And whats all this pish about " clubs will have to pay big money for Cummings " he should be on a new contract and going nowhere, or has he refused to sign a new one, if so tell us!

Bartley not had any game time for weeks either though?

Beefster
30-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Bartley not had any game time for weeks either though?

Yeah, but as has always happened, after a bad result it always turns out that the answer to all of our problems was sitting on the bench. If Bartley had played and done **** all, it would have just been another player that wasn't playing.

J-C
30-12-2015, 07:35 AM
Yeah, but as has always happened, after a bad result it always turns out that the answer to all of our problems was sitting on the bench. If Bartley had played and done **** all, it would have just been another player that wasn't playing.

This is true, Fyvie had a particularly bad game but so too did a few other players, Keatings was totally anonymous when he was on the pitch, Fontaine didn't cover himself in glory for the 3rd goal, Henderson and McGinn were also pretty poor but so far no threads ripping these players apart.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2015, 09:35 AM
This is true, Fyvie had a particularly bad game but so too did a few other players, Keatings was totally anonymous when he was on the pitch, Fontaine didn't cover himself in glory for the 3rd goal, Henderson and McGinn were also pretty poor but so far no threads ripping these players apart.

Exactly. :top marks I can't believe after going on such a terrific run, we have such a thread absolutely slaughtering one of our players.

Maybe if we were sitting mid table dropping points every other week i could understand this, but this TEAM and MANAGEMENT have earnt a quite a bit of leeway because of their results.

Well you'd have thought so? :rolleyes:

matty_f
30-12-2015, 09:44 AM
Exactly. :top marks I can't believe after going on such a terrific run, we have such a thread absolutely slaughtering one of our players.

Maybe if we were sitting mid table dropping points every other week i could understand this, but this TEAM and MANAGEMENT have earnt a quite a bit of leeway because of their results.

Well you'd have thought so? :rolleyes:

:agree: Nail on the head again, BH. I've just posted a thread about this on the PM board - I can understand folk wanting to look at what went wrong and discussing it, but folk have been super quick to get the knives out and laid into certain players and the manager, and it's totally over the top and totally unjustified.

Dashing Bob S
30-12-2015, 10:27 AM
:agree: Nail on the head again, BH. I've just posted a thread about this on the PM board - I can understand folk wanting to look at what went wrong and discussing it, but folk have been super quick to get the knives out and laid into certain players and the manager, and it's totally over the top and totally unjustified.

Not quite. He has ginger hair.

matty_f
30-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Not quite. He has ginger hair.

:faf:

broondog
30-12-2015, 11:47 AM

Probably one of the most arrogant posts I have ever read here to be honest.To say a player has never been at fault for losing a game is absolute bollocks and to claim he should be played because the manager (who knows a lot more than us) says so is an equally stupid claim. So managers have never made a mistake have they according to your logic?

I also think the fact he was good before is also a weak argument. Evidently he has got worse and should be replaced by another squad player. Thankfully we have an excellent squad this season and plenty of backup who deserve to play over the passenger Fyvie. Simply not good enough, get rid.

matty_f
30-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Probably one of the most arrogant posts I have ever read here to be honest.To say a player has never been at fault for losing a game is absolute bollocks and to claim he should be played because the manager (who knows a lot more than us) says so is an equally stupid claim. So managers have never made a mistake have they according to your logic?

I also think the fact he was good before is also a weak argument. Evidently he has got worse and should be replaced by another squad player. Thankfully we have an excellent squad this season and plenty of backup who deserve to play over the passenger Fyvie. Simply not good enough, get rid.

Utter pish from start to finish. IMHO.

Salt N Sauzee
30-12-2015, 11:53 AM

Utter nonsense.

If you get your wish, please go with him :aok: