PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates The Rangers 4 - 2 Hibernian FC (Cummings, Malonga) FT

Pages : 1 2 [3]

coldingham hibs
28-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Amateur defensive performance The Rangers made to look good. Stubbs should have kept his gob shut pre match.

J-C
Apart from JC's goal 2 out of 10 for the rest of them, poor all over the park, same for Stubbs, keep the mouth shut and do it on the park.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Oh well, at least Fyvie played well!

HFC 0-7
28-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Hanlon appeals for hand ball against the goalkeeper! Stubbs needs to carry a good bit of blame today, midfield couldn't cope and did nothing to sort it. We haven't been at our best for a good few games, will be interesting to see how we pick ourselves up. Rangers will probably be flying now.

Hibs Class
The amount of sectarian singing from the home support has been shocking

And yet completely predictable

Hibernia&Alba

Of course it has, and of course nothing will be done. The Billy Boys is supposedly banned, but there isn't a chance Rangers will be done.

hibee_girl
Absolutely no post match coverage from BT Sport

Lago
Thats the least of our worries

Thecat23
Buy a midfielder and let Fyvie go. He's not good enough plain and simple!

28-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Nightmare game from Fyvie

NORTHERNHIBBY
Serious wake up call for us today.

Thecat23
Absolutely no post match coverage from BT Sport

Thank god!

steakbake
Of course it has, and of course nothing will be done. The Billy Boys is supposedly banned, but there isn't a chance Rangers will be done.

Exactly - nothing will happen. It won't even get press coverage.

HFC 0-7
One of the poorest individual displays in a long while. He had a nightmare.

Thought henderson was really poor today as well. We were overrun in midfield today and wanted too much time on the ball.

dmc1875
28-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Fyvie has done that a few times this season. Had a shocker like that. Should have been subbed rather than McGinn.

Deserved nothing from today. Still all to play for though back to winning ways next game.

dp00
Only 3 points , it's not the end of the world , we need to keep the faith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottie
Lucky it's aye been. Never expect anything less from them.

Sfa has has done nothing in my lifetime and will continue to do so.

Off the bar
28-12-2015, 03:57 PM

By shocking I presume you mean entirely predictable

J-C
28-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Too many players looking complacent, thinking they're guaranteed starters, need to shake things up and drop some. I still feel we need another midfielder, we lack pace as we are very very pedestrian at times in the midfield.

Lago
:thumbsup:
Thank god!

Benny Brazil
We've not been playing too well recently but still getting results - one defeat in what is it 17 games - this could be the kick up the backside we need.
We are no worse off than we were two weeks ago so am not too disappointed.

HFC 0-7
28-12-2015, 03:59 PM

Big time!! We have managed to scrape through games this season with poor performances from the team and individuals. Today highlights how teams could punish us for that. I thought we were tougher mentally but I think today shows we have room for a lot more improvement there as well.

Hiber-nation
Big wake up call today. Only McGeouch and Cummings were up for it, Henderson, Fyvie and McGinn were awful and when 3 of your midfield don't play and you continually give the ball away then it's going to be a struggle.

Quite shocked actually how bad we were.

Green Man
We've not been playing too well recently but still getting results - one defeat in what is it 17 games - this could be the kick up the backside we need.
We are no worse off than we were two weeks ago so am not too disappointed.

My thoughts exactly.

For a game with six goals, that was low quality viewing.

SteveHFC
Rangers deserved that. A terrible performance from us. Roll on Saturday.

Cheshire Hibby
We talked the talk but we most certainly did not walk the walk. I hope our manager adds this to his learning. He has done brilliantly for us so not going to be overly critical as player mistakes cost us today. On the managerial front I thought we should have been more positive. You have to go Glasgow and match them. Second best today. Now for another 17 game winning run to the title.

Hibby_G
28-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Forget Fyvie Liam Henderson was completely hopeless today.

wookie70
28-12-2015, 04:00 PM
JC played well as did Dylan. The rest of the outfield players were very poor. Fyvie was awful as was Henderson but many weren't much better. We were literally outflanked with The Rangers constantly causing issues out wide. The Rangers also wanted it much more and whether it was tactics or effort we were well beat. We have been due a defeat as our form over the last few games has been poor with our playmakers very out of sorts.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Far too many players off the pace, gave them far too much room and defensively we were very poor, even with 10 men they found players in acres of space.

We need to regroup and get the 3 points on Saturday.

J-C
Buy a midfielder and let Fyvie go. He's not good enough plain and simple!

This :top marks

Don't know if he's a defensive midfielder or a normal midfielder, wins few 50-50's and his distribution is poor, for me he's a back up player.

GreenLake
This is not the first poor game Fyvie has had. His position should be under urgent consideration by Stubbs.

Malonga should have been on from the start.

leithsansiro
Big wake up call today. Only McGeouch and Cummings were up for it, Henderson, Fyvie and McGinn were awful and when 3 of your midfield don't play and you continually give the ball away then it's going to be a struggle.

Quite shocked actually how bad we were.

To be fair, although he wasn't on for long, I thought Boyle was decent. His directness caused a few issues, and it was something that we were missing for the majority of the game.

HFC 0-7
28-12-2015, 04:02 PM
We talked the talk but we most certainly did not walk the walk. I hope our manager adds this to his learning. He has done brilliantly for us so not going to be overly critical as player mistakes cost us today. On the managerial front I thought we should have been more positive. You have to go Glasgow and match them. Second best today. Now for another 17 game winning run to the title.

I think he set the team up trying to be positive with a 442 against rangers 451. The problems was that our midfield was overrun. He should have matched them in midfield with a 451 or 352. We could have played for a week and the midfield today wouldn't have got a hold on the game.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-12-2015, 04:03 PM
To be fair, although he wasn't on for long, I thought Boyle was decent. His directness caused a few issues, and it was something that we were missing for the majority of the game.

Agreed.

rotherhamrob
28-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Got to say this game also showed how much we need cover for david gray, I like mgregor but he's no right back

dmc1875
28-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Shot ourselves in the foot big time today. First goal totally preventable shocking pass from fyvie. Second goal wicked deflection, third goal again why did our defender not just clear the ball why did he try and dribble out? Fourth goal hit on the break if fyvie hadn't habe been carded he would have booted him up in the air and taken the yellow.

we haven't been good for weeks. Kick up the ass required now time to step up.

nellio
28-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Poor game from Fyvie. I like him but can be very inconsistent, some games he's great but others awful!

GreenArmy1875
28-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Not suprised by this result, looked poor last couple of weeks but managed to scrape results.

Sudds_1
28-12-2015, 04:09 PM
This is not the first poor game Fyvie has had. His position should be under urgent consideration by Stubbs.

Malonga should have been on from the start.

Maybe it already is.............osman?

Carheenlea
28-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Feel deflated and let down with that result and performance as I felt confident we could go there and take something back with us. Very costly lapses of concentration and generally too many players off the boil. Rangers played pretty well at times with a fluidity that was mission from our play.
I don't like to see Hibs players cheat like Fyvie did for the red, but the guy had a kick and charge at him that merited a redregardless, but Fyvie should feel ashamed with his actions. I can forgive him a poor game, but can't forgive feigning headbutts.
No need to panic, just regroup and get back to doing the good things we have been doing again on our long run, and build another one. Advantage Rangers at present, but a long way to go yet.

Thecat23
28-12-2015, 04:12 PM
Feel deflated and let down with that result and performance as I felt confident we could go there and take something back with us. Very costly lapses of concentration and generally too many players off the boil. Rangers played pretty well at times with a fluidity that was mission from our play.
I don't like to see Hibs players cheat like Fyvie did for the red, but the guy had a kick and charge at him that merited a redregardless, but Fyvie should feel ashamed with his actions. I can forgive him a poor game, but can't forgive feigning headbutts.
No need to panic, just regroup and get back to doing the good things we have been doing again on our long run, and build another one. Advantage Rangers at present, but a long way to go yet.

Hard to argue with any of this 👍🏼

Bobo
28-12-2015, 04:13 PM
We never had any intention of taking the game to the hvns from start to finish today! Our insipid performance handed possession to them throughout the 90 minutes and even against 10 men we were poor and had little drive or creation. IMO the wrong tactics cost us badly against sub standard opposition and it's no surprise we ended up well beaten!

That's three poor performances in a row and our luck finally deserted us today, we must do better because we'll need to be more ruthless in our approach to games, and clinical in front of goal, if we seriously see ourselves winning this *****ty league.

Performances like today's will be far from good enough!

surreyhibbie
28-12-2015, 04:15 PM
All four goals were due to sloppy defending, and we kept giving the ball away near their penalty box.

Got what we deserved unfortunately.

Still, onwards, only three points as they say. We have to concentrate on taking maximum points from the other teams in the league and wait for The Rangers to slip up. I think they will.

McHibby
28-12-2015, 04:23 PM
I ****ing hate the rangers I hate their manager their support and their **** ground. ****s.

Yup, but I would also add that I hate their p**** sectarian songs, too. Why the hell anyone felt the need to resurrect this organisation is beyond me.

SausageSurprise
28-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Shot ourselves in the foot big time today. First goal totally preventable shocking pass from fyvie. Second goal wicked deflection, third goal again why did our defender not just clear the ball why did he try and dribble out? Fourth goal hit on the break if fyvie hadn't habe been carded he would have booted him up in the air and taken the yellow.

we haven't been good for weeks. Kick up the ass required now time to step up.

Agreed. I said on another post somewhere that we knew we'd have a poor spell at some point. It was inevitable but just unfortunate it was against them. It wasn't helped by the fact that Stubbs got his selection and tactics wrong IMO for what it's worth, but it's onwards and upwards for the game against Raith

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 04:44 PM
TBH we still miss Allan, calm on the ball and able to create things, we have a work a lot midfield but still lack guile.

Allan never gave the ball away.

cabbageandribs1875
28-12-2015, 04:46 PM
No movement1
Vile Sectarian Bigots

No movement2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No movement3
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

No movement4
Raith Rovers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers)

No movement5
Morton (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/greenock-morton)

hopefully Livi gain at least a point at Falkirk tomorrow night,

next games

jan 2nd

Hibs v RR
Alloa v Falkirk

then sun 17th

Falkirk v Hibs

Iain G
28-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Have you read the match report on the BBC website? Bloody hell, you can hear the glee as its being written! Unbiased reporting it is not...

Bishop Hibee
28-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Poor defensively which surprised me. Never gave up but disappointed. Only 3 points behind which as we've seen can change.

The Rangers and their fans are utter ****.

GGTTH!

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Have you read the match report on the BBC website? Bloody hell, you can hear the glee as its being written! Unbiased reporting it is not...

Did Tom English write it? He came across ok on the radio.

Danderhall Hibs
28-12-2015, 04:59 PM
No movement1
Vile Sectarian Bigots

No movement2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No movement3
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

No movement4
Raith Rovers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers)

No movement5
Morton (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/greenock-morton)

hopefully Livi gain at least a point at Falkirk tomorrow night,

next games

jan 2nd

Hibs v RR
Alloa v Falkirk

then sun 17th

Falkirk v Hibs

Didn't realise that Falkirks goal difference was better than ours.

emerald green
28-12-2015, 05:00 PM
Extremely disappointing performance and result today. It's yet another "crunch match" where Hibs have simply failed to produce the goods. The thing which annoys me the most is that the Ibrox club are not really all that good, and to concede 4 goals against them speaks for itself. Terrible defensively today.

The important thing now is how Hibs react in the next 3 or 4 games, especially away to Falkirk on 17 January. I suspect Falkirk will go above Hibs on goal difference after their game against Livingston tomorrow night. There's still along way to go before this league is won or lost though. I live in hope.

I have to say I felt the stuff being reported in the press coming from AS was just asking for it. Hibs have to do their talking on the pitch, not in the papers etc. Or, if they (Stubbs and/or players) do have to speak to the press, be very careful what is said.

matty_f
28-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Didn't realise that Falkirks goal difference was better than ours.

They've dished out a few hidings and don't concede too many. They're in with a good shout this year, I'm amazed it's taken until now for folk to notice them.

H18 SFR
28-12-2015, 05:08 PM

To be fair, Rangers were dominant all over the park and comfortably disposed of us, I'd expect the report to imply that.

snooky
28-12-2015, 05:10 PM
I agree with previous comments I've read.
Henderson played like he'd eaten a whole Christmas turkey just before K.O. McGinn & Fyvie were very poor. Keating was invisible.
I thought Dylan & Cummings looked the part and deserve a special mention.
Mostly, I was totally dismayed at our tactics. Rangers are weak at centre back yet we chose to play the game from the start with a backs-to-the-wall set-up.
This gave Rangers the confidence an opportunity to control the game. It was only a matter of time before a defensive error would cost us and it did - 3 times.
Also, disappointed at Fyvie's reaction to the shoulder shove. We have no right to slag other teams for cheating when our players are just as culpable.
Bottom line, IMO - Stubbs cocked up, big time.

H18 SFR
28-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Just re watching the game, Fyvie had the worst performance in a Hibs shirt today since Paul Cairney in the semi final v Falkirk.

JJP
28-12-2015, 05:14 PM
Although we didn't deserve anything from the game I was disappointed that every time they were on the attack and we won the ball and tried to break their players would commit a foul and the referee never seen fit to book a Rangers player once. Malonga did the same thing to after he came on, first foul from him, and he was booked. Made our tactic of trying to hit them on the break in the first half completely useless.

Hibby_G
28-12-2015, 05:21 PM
How come the fixtures on the official site doesn't include May ?

H18 SFR
28-12-2015, 05:49 PM
How come the fixtures on the official site doesn't include May ?

The last game of the season is in April.

Jones28
28-12-2015, 06:04 PM
We set up the same against them at home last time we played them and we rode out luck a fair bit. Can't understand it.

cleanyman
28-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Rangers have pumped 12 goals past us this season.

That's where our problem lies when we are playing them.

Too many soft goals

Phil MaGlass
28-12-2015, 06:22 PM

Absolutely. Been riding our luck way too long. Poor tactics. Fyvie.well enough said. We were very poor today.deserved nowt.

J-C
28-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Allan never gave the ball away.

Can't tell if that is said in jest or not.

Allan did give the ball away but he was also capable of putting his foot on the ball and controlling the play in midfield, something which was lacking today.

Lago
28-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Just watch the goals on the news, dreadful defending at each one and the 4th deary me.:confused:

H18 SFR
28-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Just watch the goals on the news, dreadful defending at each one and the 4th deary me.:confused:

Agreed, hellish. Let's hope that's our poorest performance of the season out of the way.

Feed McGraw
28-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Hibs were reasonably comfortable at 1-0 up, if it had stayed that way for a bit longer - which it SHOULD have, their crowd would get edgy and so would their players. Sadly, we made a game changing individual error and now the crowd are right behind them and Hibs are wobbling, add in a couple of poor refereeing decisions regarding free kicks Hibs should have had before their 2nd and 3rd goals and the rest, as they say, is history. Hibs will be back, we are a good side.

SeanWilson
28-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Hibs were reasonably comfortable at 1-0 up, if it had stayed that way for a bit longer - which it SHOULD have, their crowd would get edgy and so would their players. Sadly, we made a game changing individual error and now the crowd are right behind them and Hibs are wobbling, add in a couple of poor refereeing decisions regarding free kicks Hibs should have had before their 2nd and 3rd goals and the rest, as they say, is history. Hibs will be back, we are a good side.

I was at game so don't have benefit of replay yet but thought ref was excellent. They were much much better than us today and sadly, it was a wake up call, as they aren't any great shakes.

Famous Fiver
28-12-2015, 08:04 PM
I would have taken being three points behind them at New Year.

Still a long way to go.

Learn from today, strengthen in January, and see where that takes us instead of whining like spoiled kids.

Tyler Durden
28-12-2015, 09:12 PM
I was at game so don't have benefit of replay yet but thought ref was excellent. They were much much better than us today and sadly, it was a wake up call, as they aren't any great shakes.

Wouldn't disagree too much. However watching on TV, Halliday should've been booked for two handed pull in the first half, which he only escaped as Hibs took a quick free kick.
When he then had a blatant hand ball which Madden again failed to punish I have no sympathy that he shouldn't be red carded for an aggressive ahoulder barge.

He's a Rangers

Lucius Apuleius
29-12-2015, 03:45 PM
I would have taken being three points behind them at New Year.

Still a long way to go.

Learn from today, strengthen in January, and see where that takes us instead of whining like spoiled kids.

Correct.

Lucius Apuleius
29-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't disagree too much. However watching on TV, Halliday should've been booked for two handed pull in the first half, which he only escaped as Hibs took a quick free kick.
When he then had a blatant hand ball which Madden again failed to punish I have no sympathy that he shouldn't be red carded for an aggressive ahoulder barge.

He's a Rangers

Strange thing is I was in the company of a lot of hun supporters last night and to a man they thought the ref was biased and corrupt. Unfortunately, biased against them.