Who thinks Stubbs will play three CHs ?
I can see us going 352 .
-------------------Oxley ---------------
-------McGregor--Fontaine--Hanlon
Gray --------------------------------Stevenson
---------McGinn--Henderson--Fyvie------
-------------Cummings---Malonga---------

GGTTH

I'd say there's a fairly good chance that will be the starting line up.

Squealing pig
27-12-2015, 07:56 PM

No dagnall?

bingo70
27-12-2015, 07:59 PM

I agree although Stubbs likes to throw in a surprise in these games so wouldn't surprise me if Boyle starts with a view to either pinning their full backs back or catching them on the break, either that or I could see Mcgeouch making a comeback.

Can the new guy play tomorrow?

Oscar T Grouch
27-12-2015, 08:01 PM
No dagnall?

Can't play until January when his contract is up in Kerala.

27-12-2015, 08:02 PM
I agree although Stubbs likes to throw in a surprise in these games so wouldn't surprise me if Boyle starts with a view to either pinning their full backs back or catching them on the break, either that or I could see Mcgeouch making a comeback.

Is McGeouch fit to play?

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Is Keatings injured?

Centre Hawf
27-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Malonga has to start for me. He was superb when he came on against Queens. I reckon the team OP mentioned will most likely be the team that starts. Keatings was poor against Queens so it wouldn't surprise me to see him come out for Dom to come in while Boyle makes way for the extra Centre half.

erin go bragh
27-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Is Keatings injured?

No . I just think two strikers will be enough . Tough on Keats but a great option to use later if needed .

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
27-12-2015, 08:10 PM

His contract in India doesn't end until January.

27-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Off on a tangent, but do we know if the rangers are at full strength? Any injuries or banned players?

Aldo
27-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Think we will go 3-5-2

Back 5 picks itself IMHO..... Unless he drops either Gray or Lewis. Which I don't think he will.

Big decision for Stubbs to make in middle and up top.

McGinn and Fyvie are certs as is Jason. So Stubbs will have to decide either Henderson or Dylan in the middle and either Dom or Keatings up top.

I'm gonnae try

Ox
McGregor Hanlon Font
Gray. Lewis
McGinn Fyvie
Keatings
Jason Dom

erin go bragh
27-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Think we will go 3-5-2

Back 5 picks itself IMHO..... Unless he drops either Gray or Lewis. Which I don't think he will.

Big decision for Stubbs to make in middle and up top.

McGinn and Fyvie are certs as is Jason. So Stubbs will have to decide either Henderson or Dylan in the middle and either Dom or Keatings up top.

I'm gonnae try

Ox
McGregor Hanlon Font
Gray. Lewis
McGinn Fyvie
Keatings
Jason Dom

I think our midfield would get over run playing three up front .You never know tho .

GGTTH

Aldo
27-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I think our midfield would get over run playing three up front .You never know tho . GGTTH

I think that is the decision AS has to make. Keatings in the whole (sort to speak) exploiting their weakness at the back.

If not Keatings then hopefully Dylan is fit and will play in the middle.

I personally think they are there for the taking.

silverhibee
27-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Who thinks Stubbs will play three CHs ?
I can see us going 352 .
-------------------Oxley ---------------
-------McGregor--Fontaine--Hanlon
Gray --------------------------------Stevenson
---------McGinn--Henderson--Fyvie------
-------------Cummings---Malonga---------

GGTTH

Whatever the team is they will be winners tomorrow.

Get in tae them.

GGTTH

Ronniekirk
27-12-2015, 09:54 PM
I think that is the decision AS has to make. Keatings in the whole (sort to speak) exploiting their weakness at the back.

If not Keatings then hopefully Dylan is fit and will play in the middle.

I personally think they are there for the taking.

Aldo , I think Stubbs has a Wee surprise in store .Jason was out of sorts and subbed via queens so wonder if he may come off the bench and be hungry and score the winner .But what I do agree with is they are there for the taking ,if we can hold our nerve ,and players that were off form v queens are on form we take our chances ( crucial ) and the Ox plays his best game in a Hibs Jersey and saves a pen ( they are bound to get one )

monktonharp
27-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Whatever the team is they will be winners tomorrow.

Get in tae them.

GGTTHI personally think we must have Mc Geogh in from the start but don't quite get the idea that it's a done deal either way and we are going to win. If you look closely at the last game(ER) we got off a bit lightly as they hit the bar and post, and their striker made a real mess of finishing very near the end. It is their home game, we can win as we are good enough but a draw...........I wont cry.

B.H.F.C
27-12-2015, 10:21 PM
I personally think we must have Mc Geogh in from the start but don't quite get the idea that it's a done deal either way and we are going to win. If you look closely at the last game(ER) we got off a bit lightly as they hit the bar and post, and their striker made a real mess of finishing very near the end. It is their home game, we can win as we are good enough but a draw...........I wont cry.

Problem with McGeough is that he's hardly played in the last two months. Think he'll be on the bench at best.

Sir David Gray
27-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Off on a tangent, but do we know if the rangers are at full strength? Any injuries or banned players?

Zelalem's back after injury.

Templeton and Bell are still injured long term.

joebakerforever
28-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Gray. Lewis
McGinn Fyvie Henderson
Anier Malonga

Start with a real physical presence, with Cummings & Keatings coming on for the last 20 - 30 mins

pacorosssco
28-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Gray. Lewis
McGinn Fyvie Henderson
Anier Malonga

Start with a real physical presence, with Cummings & Keatings coming on for the last 20 - 30 mins

I like this, not obvious either. Cummings been off the ball but still a threat. Make him hungry to come on make impression. Malonga in hole for ball retention but needs a big shift.:top markssir you are a tactian

gorgie greens
28-12-2015, 06:22 AM
Oxley
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
Gray. Lewis
McGinn Fyvie Henderson
Anier Malonga

real physical presence then you have to start Bartley,he would boss the game where i feel the game is won or lost and we need that extra bit of steel, i would take fyvie out in his place but cummings has to start for me.

J-C
28-12-2015, 06:26 AM
real physical presence then you have to start Bartley,he would boss the game where i feel the game is won or lost and we need that extra bit of steel, i would take fyvie out in his place but cummings has to start for me.

You don't need Bartley if you have 3 at the back, plus is he not injured?

gorgie greens
28-12-2015, 06:35 AM
You don't need Bartley if you have 3 at the back, plus is he not injured?
thought it was a slight strain he had , mind you heavy pitch,
I would play him but im just away from home against title challengers and defeat is not an option .

lumbo_hfc
28-12-2015, 07:52 AM

Take the best footballer out our team when keeping hold of the ball is the most important thing for us today? Good logic!

bingo70
28-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Take the best footballer out our team when keeping hold of the ball is the most important thing for us today? Good logic!

The logic is obviously that the poster doesn't think fyvie is the best footballer. I'm not sure he is either tbh.

Fwiw I'd have fyvie in my team. I imagine although he might not always be universally popular on here I think he must be a nightmare to play against.

lumbo_hfc
28-12-2015, 08:05 AM
The logic is obviously that the poster doesn't think fyvie is the best footballer. I'm not sure he is either tbh.

Fwiw I'd have fyvie in my team. I imagine although he might not always be universally popular on here I think he must be a nightmare to play against.
It's between him and malonga, both of whom have to play. Fyvie might play the odd misplaced pass but it is only more noticeable because he is willing to get on the ball so often. defensively, he never stops working to win the ball back either. A very important player for us and I think Stubbs realises that aswell.

bingo70
28-12-2015, 08:11 AM
It's between him and malonga, both of whom have to play. Fyvie might play the odd misplaced pass but it is only more noticeable because he is willing to get on the ball so often. defensively, he never stops working to win the ball back either. A very important player for us and I think Stubbs realises that aswell.

I agree with that, I like Fyvie and he'd be in my team every time.

I'd say that mcginn and mcgeoch could be added to your list.

Hibeewilly
28-12-2015, 08:32 AM
thought it was a slight strain he had , mind you heavy pitch,
I would play him but im just away from home against title challengers and defeat is not an option .
Bartley has a back problem I believe and won't be fit

Nutmegged
28-12-2015, 08:33 AM

Liam Henderson is by a distance the best Footballer at Hibs

Nutmegged
28-12-2015, 08:35 AM
I feel Jase has to start today, he's not been in the best of form recently but he has some record against Sevco, possibly the best of any Hibs player this Millenium, if a a chance falls to anyone I'd want him to be on the end of it although if it fell to Keatings I'd definitely not be disappointed.

lumbo_hfc
28-12-2015, 08:35 AM
I agree with that, I like Fyvie and he'd be in my team every time.

I'd say that mcginn and mcgeoch could be added to your list.

McGinn has been our player of the year and I've no doubt Mcgeouch would be our best if he could get decent run of games without getting injured but that's not going to happen. Probably that's the same reason he is at hibs and never made it at Celtic. If we could get 3 of them in the same midfield for a good period of next year I'm sure we will win this league!

Ronniekirk
28-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Stubbs saying he hopes Mcgeoch and Bartley will be in the Squad ,both having trained this week

lumbo_hfc
28-12-2015, 08:42 AM

You could be right. Potentially he could be anything he wants to be but he has a lot of areas of his game he needs to work on. Fyvie is a more complete footballer at this moment. I hope he is but I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson wasn't playing today.

Roxyhibee
28-12-2015, 08:45 AM
The fact there are so many good arguments here for different players and formations today, and they all look possible and positive to give us victory, shows how far Stubbs has taken us now. Great stuff.

Cmon the Hibees.!

bingo70
28-12-2015, 08:48 AM
The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs may surprise us by not playing 3 at the back. I think Keatings playing in the hole behind Cummings and malonga could have a field day against that defence. It would also allow one of the front three to peel off wide and either pin the full backs back or catch them on the break.

Oxley

Gray
Stevenson
Mcgregor
Hanlon or Fontaine

Midfield diamond of:-

Fyvie
Henderson (or Mcgeouch if fit)
Mcginn
Keatings

Cummings
Malonga

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-12-2015, 08:57 AM

McGinn and McGeough are both-at this moment in time-streets ahead of Liam

ano hibby
28-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Stubbs saying he hopes Mcgeoch and Bartley will be in the Squad ,both having trained this week

That's excellent news even if bench options

Hibeesforever
28-12-2015, 09:37 AM
The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs may surprise us by not playing 3 at the back. I think Keatings playing in the hole behind Cummings and malonga could have a field day against that defence. It would also allow one of the front three to peel off wide and either pin the full backs back or catch them on the break.

Oxley

Gray
Stevenson
Mcgregor
Hanlon or Fontaine

Fyvie
Mcginn
Keatings

Cummings
Malonga

Totally agree, I think that was the formation for the first half spell against Dundee Utd. Oh how I hope we start like that today....Hibs 3-1

J-C
28-12-2015, 10:03 AM

Oxley

Gray
Stevenson
Mcgregor
Hanlon or Fontaine

Fyvie
Mcginn
Keatings

Cummings
Malonga

The diamond lacks width, coming only from Lewis and Gray, with 3 at the back, this allows them to push forward and keep Tavernier and Wallace busy, our midfield 3 should starve their forwards and the 2 up top will show up the weakness at the back.

MWHIBBIES
28-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Liam Henderson is by a distance the best Footballer at HibsHe should start playing like it then, 4th best midfielder right now.

bingo70
28-12-2015, 10:13 AM
The diamond lacks width, coming only from Lewis and Gray, with 3 at the back, this allows them to push forward and keep Tavernier and Wallace busy, our midfield 3 should starve their forwards and the 2 up top will show up the weakness at the back.

All formations have their flaws but I think finding a way of getting three forwards on the park could be the way to go against their defence.

J-C
28-12-2015, 10:30 AM
All formations have their flaws but I think finding a way of getting three forwards on the park could be the way to go against their defence.

I hear what you're saying and 3 forwards against smaller teams is the way to go but we still have to be careful, 2 forwards and a solid team shape should be enough to see off Rangers.

wills
28-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Would like to see Anier in there turned the game in our favour against QotS

Eyrie
28-12-2015, 11:48 AM
I hear what you're saying and 3 forwards against smaller teams is the way to go but we still have to be careful, 2 forwards and a solid team shape should be enough to see off Rangers.

Agreed.

Most teams want to sit in against us, so the extra forward is required. Sevco will attack us so we need more solidity to counter them.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Lewie

Boyle
Dylan
Henderson
McGinn

King Dom
Jase

Don Giovanni
28-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Would like to see Anier in there turned the game in our favour against QotS

Although Anier only had a handful of touch against QotS each was an important contribution. Gives us a different option with his physicality which we may need to replace in January.

Today however, I think Stubbs will go with Cummings for his scoring record and constant threat of rocketing one in and Malonga for his cool, calm, collected mentality. Keatings and Anier might well feature from the bench.

LordBamba
28-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Hibs Twitter:
#RFCvHFC: Oxley, Gray, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Fyvie, McGeouch, Henderson, McGinn, Keatings, Cummings.

Mr White
28-12-2015, 01:11 PM
No Dom.

Hamish
28-12-2015, 01:14 PM
On bench.

28-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Team has been announced as:

Oxley

Gray
McGreagor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Fyvie
McGeouch
Henderson
McGinn
Keatings
Cummings

bingo70
28-12-2015, 01:20 PM

Oxley

Gray
Stevenson
Mcgregor
Hanlon or Fontaine

Fyvie
Mcginn
Keatings

Cummings
Malonga

Nearly right!

I'm amazed he's dropped malonga tbh, I thought Keatings and Cummings first touch was terrible last week (or whenever we last played!). If we're to win today we'll need the ball to stick up top, not convinced it will with them up front. Hopefully it works though.