PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian History Day 136

big-mo
27-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Season 2010-11

July/August, Hibs lost to NK Maribor 2-0 away and 3-2 at home in the third round of the Europa Cup.

22nd August, the new East Stand was opened with the first league game of the season against Rangers. The 6,400 stand took the capacity of the redeveloped stadium to 20,250. Part of the redevelopment also saw the pitch widened.

4th October, eight games into the season and only a 3-2 win on the opening day game of the season against Kilmarnock saw John Hughes sacked as manager.

18th October, Former Scotland defender Colin Calderwood was appointed manager.

14th November, Hibernian Ladies beat Rangers 2-1 in the Final of the Unite Scottish Cup.

18th December, Derek Riordan scored his 100th goal for Hibs in a 2-1 defeat away to Kilmarnock. Only nine players have achieved this milestone for Hibs, the others being all the members of the Famous Five, Joe Baker, Jimmy O’Rourke and Arthur Duncan. (Since the war, only the Famous Five and Joe Baker had scored more than 100 competitive goals for Hibs).

1st March, Derek Riordan scored against Hamilton in a 2-1 win, this goal, his 94th in the SPL, placed Derek in third place of all time top goal scorers in the history of the SPL, behind Kris Boyd (164) and Henrik Larsson (158).

30th April, Eddie Turnbull died aged 88, in his time as a player with Hibs he played 349 competitive games and scored 150 goals.

4th May, Hibs Under-18s team went to Tynecastle and won the East of Scotland Shield 2-1, they set a record by winning the trophy for the seventh time in a row.

May, Hibs finished the season in 10th position in the league.

25th May, Hibernian Ladies won the final of the Premier League Cup 5-2 against Spartans.

Season results –
Scottish Cup 4th round
League Cup 3rd round
League SPL 10/12 Pld38 W10 D7 L21 F39 A61 Pts37

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Was it not Motherwell we beat on the opening day of that season?

Broken Gnome
27-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Was it not Motherwell we beat on the opening day of that season?

Aye.

I think that might be the most forgettable season Hibs have had in recent times. Aside from the February where we won a few on the bounce could barely tell you a thing that happened.

All very Ed de Graaf.

Cheshire Hibby
27-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Great posts every day. According to Peter Cormack's book "From the cowshed to the Kop", Peter scored 100 goals for Hibs. 99 goals in his first 8 year stint and 1 goal in his second stint.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Aye.

I think that might be the most forgettable season Hibs have had in recent times. Aside from the February where we won a few on the bounce could barely tell you a thing that happened.

All very Ed de Graaf.

I remember it well but only because I gave up my ST in March. Although I quickly discovered sitting in the house was even worse than watching Calderwood's Hibs and was back after a 3 game absence. Grim times!

Cheshire Hibby
27-12-2015, 07:58 AM
I remember it well but only because I gave up my ST in March. Although I quickly discovered sitting in the house was even worse than watching Calderwood's Hibs and was back after a 3 game absence. Grim times!

Grim indeed but behind us now. GGTTH

SausageSurprise
27-12-2015, 09:42 AM
I didn't realise the ladies team were so successful until I read Big Mo's wee reviews