PDA

View Full Version : When Does van Gaal get the Sack?

Sergey
26-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Surely he's a dead man walking.

When will he get axed?

easty
26-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Sack him today and get Mourinho in tomorrow, to have his first game in charge on Monday against Chelsea!

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:52 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't tomorrow.

With Guardiola available in the summer and Jose available now it would be madness to stick with a guy who is failing badly.

Given the way Man Utd have been run in the last couple of years though I wouldn't be totally shocked if they gave him money to waste next month.

easty
26-12-2015, 01:56 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't tomorrow.

With Guardiola available in the summer and Jose available now it would be madness to stick with a guy who is failing badly.

Given the way Man Utd have been run in the last couple of years though I wouldn't be totally shocked if they gave him money to waste next month.

I think Guardiola will end up Man City boss at the end of the season.

26-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Today or tomorrow i reckon.

blackpoolhibs
26-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Hopefully never. 🍻

Onceinawhile
26-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Man u fans chant 'attack attack attack' and want mourinho in? Not great logic.

iwasthere1972
26-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Sack him tonight. Get Warburton in tomorrow.

Flanny boy
26-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Maybe they want Alex Millar :wink:

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2015, 03:21 PM
1-0 Liverpool yaaaaaas

CorrieHibs
26-12-2015, 04:24 PM
I hope LVG stays. Great manager 😂

stoneyburn hibs
26-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Emptied tomorrow.

Andy74
26-12-2015, 04:28 PM

Exactly. Just give it to Giggs and let him get on with if long term.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Exactly. Just give it to Giggs and let him get on with if long term.

Agree 100% .Giggs has to either give it a go or just go. Casts too big a shadow.

Pete
26-12-2015, 04:48 PM
What exactly has Giggs done to deserve the managers job at one of the biggest clubs in the world? :confused:

I'm not having a go at the above posters as there are so many making this assumption that Giggs will eventually take over. If we're thinking along the lines of old boys then I'd rather have Gary Neville if it was up to me.

bingo70
26-12-2015, 05:26 PM
What exactly has Giggs done to deserve the managers job at one of the biggest clubs in the world? :confused:

I'm not having a go at the above posters as there are so many making this assumption that Giggs will eventually take over. If we're thinking along the lines of old boys then I'd rather have Gary Neville if it was up to me.

It's worked for barca who seem to promote from within a lot.

Other than that though I tend to agree, no idea what he is like away from the media but on camera he doesn't strike me as someone you'd assume would be going straight into management.

PISTOL1875
26-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Why would United fans want Jose to take over ??

Haven't they just witnessed all the chaos he causes when he goes to high profile jobs ?? He falls out with anyone and everyone causing a horrid atmosphere and if they think United under Jose will go back to playing a style of play United fans want their team to play then they are going to be in for a rude awakening..

bingo70
26-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Why would United fans want Jose to take over ??

Haven't they just witnessed all the chaos he causes when he goes to high profile jobs ?? He falls out with anyone and everyone causing a horrid atmosphere and if they think United under Jose will go back to playing a style of play United fans want their team to play then they are going to be in for a rude awakening..

I think it's because sir Alex has basically said he's the man for the job (not in so many words but I think the fact he's been publicly praising him was for that reason)

I think it was demba ba that said recently mourinho pushes everybody so hard it gets the best out of players but totally unsustainable for anything more than a couple of years. Found that quite interesting, mourinho has achieved almost everything in club football, I think his next challenge is to be able to stay at a club for a few years and show he can build something.

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Utd fans like the rest of us just have to realise that the Ferguson type domination of English football was a chapter in their history unlikely to be repeated. Just like Liverppol fans had to :-)

Monts
26-12-2015, 05:51 PM
Looks like LVG has suggested he could quit...

Thecat23
26-12-2015, 06:09 PM
One of the strangest appointments to start with!

I don't get why Man U would want Jose as he's not one to bring in youth or like to attack every game.

Pep would be the man to do it but I think he's City bound.

bingo70
26-12-2015, 06:15 PM

I don't get why Man U would want Jose as he's not one to bring in youth or like to attack every game.

He's a winner though and other than this season he's pretty much always been successful.

I can see the attraction, LVG's problem is that they're ***** to watch and getting poor results, that's never going to be a popular combination.

ian cruise
26-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Paddy Power already paying out on him being next to go

HH81
26-12-2015, 06:28 PM
I want him to stay. Doing a great job.

PISTOL1875
26-12-2015, 06:36 PM
I want him to stay. Doing a great job.

:aok::aok::aok::top marks:top marks:top marks

3pm
26-12-2015, 06:59 PM

I think it's because he's one of the few that could stop Guardiola.

BroxburnHibee
26-12-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm surprised he's not gone yet.

heretoday
26-12-2015, 09:20 PM
United should get Mark Hughes off Stoke and let him and Giggs run things. The defence would toughen up anyway!

Baldy
26-12-2015, 09:23 PM
paddy power paid out on him being next manger for the sack during the second half today?

GlesgaeHibby
26-12-2015, 10:48 PM
United should get Mark Hughes off Stoke and let him and Giggs run things. The defence would toughen up anyway!

Only Tottenham have a better defensive record than Man Utd, it's scoring that is their big problem.

McD
27-12-2015, 01:49 PM
I think it's because he's one of the few that could stop Guardiola.

Didn't do a great job when they were both in Spain :greengrin

J-C
27-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Didn't do a great job when they were both in Spain :greengrin

20th April 2011 beat Barca 2-1 to win Copa Del Rey
21st April 2012 beat Barca 2-1 El Classico
22ns May 2012 beat Barca 4-4 ( on aggregate ) to win Spanish super cup which meant he won every domestic trophy in Spain.

Managed Real in 178 games with a win percentage of 71.91, not too shabby.

Lago
27-12-2015, 02:52 PM
How long can Lennon survive at Bolton

ScottB
27-12-2015, 02:58 PM
It's worked for barca who seem to promote from within a lot.

Other than that though I tend to agree, no idea what he is like away from the media but on camera he doesn't strike me as someone you'd assume would be going straight into management.

Guardiola had spent time coaching Barca B in the Spanish lower leagues, so had experience of comparative managing. I'm not sure what Giggs has done, other than sitting alongside LVG? He certainly doesn't have the level of experience that Pep had when he stepped up.

J-C
27-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Guardiola had spent time coaching Barca B in the Spanish lower leagues, so had experience of comparative managing. I'm not sure what Giggs has done, other than sitting alongside LVG? He certainly doesn't have the level of experience that Pep had when he stepped up.

Pretty sure he was doing some youth coaching in Fergie's final year and stepped in when Moyes got the bullet, he's been working as assistant since LVG took over, whether he's any good or not is hard to say until he's given the chance, guarantee he'll have them playing more exciting football than they've been playing under LVG.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 03:08 PM

1 season at Barca B after retiring from playing with Dorados. He was appointed in summer 2007 and promoted the following season.

Granted he had been involved in the Barcelona system most of his playing career but it's not a wealth of experience when taking on one of the biggest jobs in world football.

Greenworld
27-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Think giggs has gained a wealth of knowledge from the master..and for what its worth think he will be yhe next manager

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

bingo70
27-12-2015, 08:24 PM
Think giggs has gained a wealth of knowledge from the master..and for what its worth think he will be yhe next manager

I don't think knowledge is what makes a top manager.

Imp It's enthusiasm, people skills, motivation skills, passion and then experience/knowledge

Greenworld
27-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Well u did mention knowledge lol

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2015, 08:55 PM
I don't think knowledge is what makes a top manager.

Imp It's enthusiasm, people skills, motivation skills, passion and then experience/knowledge

Knowledge of how to manage people,motivate people, of how to demonstrate your passion and enthusiasm in a beneficial manner ;-)

hibbymick
27-12-2015, 08:59 PM
I think it's because sir Alex has basically said he's the man for the job (not in so many words but I think the fact he's been publicly praising him was for that reason)

I think it was demba ba that said recently mourinho pushes everybody so hard it gets the best out of players but totally unsustainable for anything more than a couple of years. Found that quite interesting, mourinho has achieved almost everything in club football, I think his
next challenge is to be able to stay at a club for a few years and show he can build something.

I may be wrong but did Fergie not also think Moyes was the man for the job ?

erin go bragh
27-12-2015, 09:12 PM

He sure did .

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Yep but first in the job after Fergie was always going to be a massive ask.

Hibernia&Alba
28-12-2015, 01:02 PM
It's got to be tonight/tomorrow. It should have been after the Bournemouth defeat. Do it now and get Mourinho in.

Stewboy
28-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Did Paddy Power not pay out on him being next to get the sack last night?

J-C
28-12-2015, 01:36 PM
This is my tv day today, Rangers then Man U v Chelsea, I want Man U to win but a part of me wants them to lose so as LVG gets the boot, he's managed to take exciting attacking players and strangle the life out of them.

J-C
28-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Yep but first in the job after Fergie was always going to be a massive ask.

I'm of the belief Fergie wanted Pep but he'd already agreed to go to Bayern, thet met in NY near the end of Fergie's tenure, I think he thought Moyes would bring stability to Man U till Giggs was ready.