PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day Televised Football Feast

Carheenlea
26-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Has there ever been a duller televised football schedule? Admittedly I am not really that interested in non-Hibs football, but as I'm staying in a residence with Sky Sport over festive season I thought I'd see what was on.
Cans can stay cooling in the fridge - out for a walk instead methinks..

kaimendhibs
26-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Agree, was really disappointed when I had a look

Sergey
26-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Still goalless at the Harry Abrahams Stadium and I can honestly say that there isn't a single away supporter in attendance (unless they are undercover).

HibbyAndy
26-12-2015, 12:34 PM
I think its superb today..stoke v man u then newcastle v everton followed by southampton v arsenal and also the Darts at 6pm.

Football fest day man !

Andy Bee
26-12-2015, 12:48 PM
I think its superb today..stoke v man u then newcastle v everton followed by southampton v arsenal and also the Darts at 6pm.

Football fest day man !

And Liverpool v Leicester 3pm Setanta HD :wink:

Newhaven
26-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Football fest day man !

Totally agree. Great line up

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:04 PM
1-0 Stoke.

Taxi for Van Gaal.

Golden Bear
26-12-2015, 01:07 PM
And Liverpool v Leicester 3pm Setanta HD :wink:

Setanta? are they still on the go? Please Mr Bee, how could I get that game via Sky?!!

Billy Whizz
26-12-2015, 01:16 PM
A few postponements in England and Scotland today

HibbyAndy
26-12-2015, 01:17 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man u are utter pish

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:18 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man Utd are a shambles, Van Gaal really has flattered to deceive since about 1998.

matty_f
26-12-2015, 01:19 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man u are utter pish

They have been dreadful. Turgid to watch and a far cry from Fergie's sides. They look utterly hopeless.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Should have been 3 there.

In days gone by you would say Stoke would regret that, now it's just a minor inconvenience until the 3rd finally comes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Moyes was sacked for much the same as this. Perhaps the biggest job in England but who in their right mind would follow the greatest manager ever? As long as Ryan Giggs is there, that is a direct trace back to Fergie and ultimately undermines any new Manager. If he is not given the job full time, he should leave as well and draw a line under SAF, as much as that is possible.

Lago
26-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Has there ever been a duller televised football schedule? Admittedly I am not really that interested in non-Hibs football, but as I'm staying in a residence with Sky Sport over festive season I thought I'd see what was on.
Cans can stay cooling in the fridge - out for a walk instead methinks..

You think, can't agree.

Lago
26-12-2015, 01:26 PM
They have been dreadful. Turgid to watch and a far cry from Fergie's sides. They look utterly hopeless.

Dough boy will be getting the call soon.:hibees

Andy Bee
26-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Setanta? are they still on the go? Please Mr Bee, how could I get that game via Sky?!!

Sorry Mr GB it's not possible via Sky but as you're a PM I'd suggest reading the "Satellite box" thread in the PM Forum and all will be revealed :wink:

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 01:32 PM
You think, can't agree.

It's not the best boxing day schedule.

A poor Man Utd team against a decent Stoke side, a (sadly) poor Newcastle side against an Everton side that are total media darlings but way overrated imo and a good Arsenal side against the poorest Southampton side in 3 or 4 years.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2015, 01:39 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man Utd are a shambles, Van Gaal really has flattered to deceive since about 1998.

His wife will be raging!

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2015, 01:42 PM
The Arse will never have a better chance to win the EPL

Hibby Bairn
26-12-2015, 01:48 PM
It's not the best boxing day schedule.

A poor Man Utd team against a decent Stoke side, a (sadly) poor Newcastle side against an Everton side that are total media darlings but way overrated imo and a good Arsenal side against the poorest Southampton side in 3 or 4 years.

Osman in the squad ? :greengrin

matty_f
26-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Man U were brutal there. Stoke were well worth the win.

easty
26-12-2015, 02:45 PM

They really were terrible. Stoke could have scored more. Butland had a couple of good saves mind, but Stoke well deserved the 3 points.

Northernhibee
26-12-2015, 03:39 PM
St Mirren 2-0 down to Livi already. Would drop into the relegation play off slot.

robinp
26-12-2015, 03:43 PM
St Mirren 2-0 down to Livi already. Would drop into the relegation play off slot.

Club in complete free fall, looks like Murray might not have been the problem!

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Falkirk 1 up.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Man City look like racking up a cricket acore against Sunderland.

Hibby Bairn
26-12-2015, 04:10 PM

Man U remind me of Hibs under Fenlon.

grunt
26-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Chelsea 1 Watford 2

Scouse Hibee
26-12-2015, 04:22 PM
1-0 Liverpool yaaaaaas

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Falkirk 1 Dumbarton 0

paisley buddies 1 Livi 4

Aberdeen 0 Caley 2

Ross co 4 Dundee 2

Hamilton 0 Killie pies 1

Ronniekirk
26-12-2015, 04:27 PM

St Mirren pulled one back before half time but now 3 1 down at home to Managerless Livingstone. And if folk thought the rain was heavy the day the Morton game was called off its a lot worse and has been all day Brutal conditions so all credit to Liviv .

Just missed a goal while posting 4. 1

SJNB Hibby
Falkirk 1 Dumbarton 0

paisley buddies 1 Livi 4

Aberdeen 0 Caley 2

Ross co 2 Dundee 3???? Is it no 3-2??

seanshow
Paisley saints routed at home by Livi lions 1 v 4 and counting...............that new manager bounce working well :greengrin

SteveHFC
26-12-2015, 04:29 PM
St.Mirren in league 1 next season would be terrific.

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 04:30 PM
???? Is it no 3-2??

yep, now 4-2 and aberdeen pull one back

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Man U remind me of Hibs under Fenlon.Man United wish they were getting to cup finals and into Europe :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Ross co 5 Fundee 2

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 04:47 PM
hand ball in the box, penalty to Aberdeen in 90th min

scored 2-2 6 mins of stoppage time coming up

FT

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 04:55 PM
No movement1
The Billy Bigots

No movement2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No movement3
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

No movement4
Raith Rovers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers)

No movement5
Morton (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/greenock-morton)

Northernhibee
26-12-2015, 04:57 PM
FT, St Mirren lose 1-4 and move into the relegation play off slot. In freefall.

SeanWilson
26-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Firestick with Kodi = take your pick 😝

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 08:05 PM
crackin goal for southampton, the outside of the guys boot from 20+ yards

Mr White
26-12-2015, 08:25 PM
crackin goal for southampton, the outside of the guys boot from 20+ yards

:agree: absolute peach.

givescotlandfreedom
26-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Arsenal seem to do a bottle it a hit when they have a chance to do assert themselves. A bit of a shame IMO as I like their football and they tend to live within their means.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Arsenal seem to do a bottle it a hit when they have a chance to do assert themselves. A bit of a shame IMO as I like their football and they tend to live within their means.

Agree with this. I think a lot of the time the mega bucks buys you a winners mentality every bit as much as quality.

HH81
26-12-2015, 08:57 PM
2-0,Arsenal look poor today.

cabbageandribs1875
26-12-2015, 09:10 PM
3-zip the saints

lord bunberry
26-12-2015, 09:40 PM
12/1 Spurs to win that league could be a bet.

easty
26-12-2015, 09:44 PM

I cannae stand Arsenal. Delighted they got pumped and hope they never win the league again under Wenger.

It's the way they, specifically Wenger, bang on about playing the right way and not spending like the other big teams. It's almost preachy. It's calmed down the last couple of years, but it used to really do my head in. So far up there own ***** at Arsenal, with nothing to back it up.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2015, 09:48 PM
I cannae stand Arsenal. Delighted they got pumped and hope they never win the league again under Wenger.

It's the way they, specifically Wenger, bang on about playing the right way and not spending like the other big teams. It's almost preachy. It's calmed down the last couple of years, but it used to really do my head in. So far up there own ***** at Arsenal, with nothing to back it up.

:top marks

Whinger will be along in a minute to tell us how its all a conspiracy, everyone should stand back and watch how good he thinks they are. Soft centre if you play through them as Southampton did. Metersercker has the speed of a walrus on land and the turning circle of an oil tanker.

I used to like Arsenal but whilst they stick with whinger its a no from me.

heretoday
26-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Arsenal have feet of clay. They should have got rid of Wenger years ago.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Arsenal have feet of clay. They should have got rid of Wenger years ago.and replace him with who? Name another manager who would have kept them top 4 while paying off the stadium debt? 2 trophies in 2 years since it has been paid off.

It's the way they, specifically Wenger, bang on about playing the right way and not spending like the other big teams. It's almost preachy. It's calmed down the last couple of years, but it used to really do my head in. So far up there own ***** at Arsenal, with nothing to back it up.I've read this every day on here for the past 5 years from Hibs fans.

Wenger complains about teams trying to kick Arsenal off the park, something that happens quite regularly and he is right to do it. Injury records like Diaby, Wilshere, Rocisky etc aren't accidents, they get nailed every game they play by huddies who go unpunished. Alex Neil reportedly smiling when asked about some Norwich player pushing Alexis Sanchez into a TV camera 2 weeks ago summed it up. It was a disgraceful incident that could have caused serious injury and he was delighted about it because Sanchez was limping afterword.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2015, 10:41 PM
:top marks

Whinger will be along in a minute to tell us how its all a conspiracy, everyone should stand back and watch how good he thinks they are. Soft centre if you play through them as Southampton did. Metersercker has the speed of a walrus on land and the turning circle of an oil tanker.

I used to like Arsenal but whilst they stick with whinger its a no from me.100 Germany caps and a world cup medal as well.

HH81
26-12-2015, 10:46 PM
I went to Lincoln v Halifax today. Decent game but no players on the pitch would get in the Hibs team.

easty
26-12-2015, 10:51 PM
and replace him with who? Name another manager who would have kept them top 4 while paying off the stadium debt? 2 trophies in 2 years since it has been paid off.

I've read this every day on here for the past 5 years from Hibs fans.

Wenger complains about teams trying to kick Arsenal off the park, something that happens quite regularly and he is right to do it. Injury records like Diaby, Wilshere, Rocisky etc aren't accidents, they get nailed every game they play by huddies who go unpunished. Alex Neil reportedly smiling when asked about some Norwich player pushing Alexis Sanchez into a TV camera 2 weeks ago summed it up. It was a disgraceful incident that could have caused serious injury and he was delighted about it because Sanchez was limping afterword.

He's spent loads of money. It's a complete nonsense that he manages to fool people into thinking he's shrewd. Last season he spent about £100m, on players including - Welbeck £16m, Gabriel £13m, Debuchy £12m and Chambers £16m.

Norwich play the same way against everyone, they get in about you, and why shouldn't they? Should Norwich try to play Arsenal the "Arsenal way"....because they would obv lose if they did. Besides, there was barely anything in the Sanchez incident anyway.

As for the bit in bold, you've never read it coming from me, I'll take the 3 points or the trophies however they come.

easty
26-12-2015, 10:55 PM
100 Germany caps and a world cup medal as well.

Djimi Traore and Jonathan Greening have Champions League winners medals :greengrin

I actually don't think Mertesaker is all that bad, he's no world class, but he's a more than decent enough centre half

Bostonhibby
26-12-2015, 10:56 PM
100 Germany caps and a world cup medal as well.

Must be about how the various German managers deploy him and the players they put around him:wink:

Bostonhibby
26-12-2015, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=easty;4530869]He's spent loads of money. It's a complete nonsense that he manages to fool people into thinking he's shrewd. Last season he spent about £100m, on players including - Welbeck £16m, Gabriel £13m, Debuchy £12m and Chambers £16m.

One of the first big money signings was the fox in the box Jeffers (£10m?) way back, Reyes £25m and gone a season or so after, Arshavin? - I actually think he has done a bit better when he spends less and develops players - Henry for example.

Anyway if nailing 4th place and CL qtr finals more more often than not along with two FA cups in a decade is the level of ambition to size / turnover maybe he is the man for the job.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I went to Lincoln v Halifax today. Decent game but no players on the pitch would get in the Hibs team.

Nearly went up to Sincil Bank today as well but we decided to go for a beer and head to Boston v Gainsborough Trinity Monday instead - proper Derby! Then straight home to watch the recording of our win at Ibrox.

MWHIBBIES
26-12-2015, 11:08 PM
He's spent loads of money. It's a complete nonsense that he manages to fool people into thinking he's shrewd. Last season he spent about £100m, on players including - Welbeck £16m, Gabriel £13m, Debuchy £12m and Chambers £16m.

Norwich play the same way against everyone, they get in about you, and why shouldn't they? Should Norwich try to play Arsenal the "Arsenal way"....because they would obv lose if they did. Besides, there was barely anything in the Sanchez incident anyway.

As for the bit in bold, you've never read it coming from me, I'll take the 3 points or the trophies however they come. I never said anything about Wenger being ''shrewd'' but FACTS prove he didn't have the money to compete while the debt was being dealt with. He spend no more than 20 million on a player (Arshavin) while Chelsea, City, United and even Liverpool were dropping far bigger amounts all over the place. Go look up the net spend in those 7 years to see you are talking rubbish. After it was payed off they have spent bigger and been a better side because of it.

Nothing to do with playing the Arsenal way, more to do with not trying to injure opponents or as dinosaurs like Neil call it ''letting them know you are there''.

Sanchez could have been seriously injured if he had hit the camera, you can clearly see that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6H0wSLRWY4

Sergey
26-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Nearly went up to Sincil Bank today as well but we decided to go for a beer and head to Boston v Gainsborough Trinity Monday instead - proper Derby! Then straight home to watch the recording of our win at Ibrox.

You didn't make it today to Crown Meadow then :greengrin

Bostonhibby
26-12-2015, 11:14 PM
You didn't make it today to Crown Meadow then :greengrin

barely made it out of the village I am ashamed to say, two visitors down who wanted to drink beer - seen it was on though and unfortunately had a bet on Boston - losing leg of a treble :boo hoo::boo hoo:

easty
27-12-2015, 12:07 AM
I never said anything about Wenger being ''shrewd'' but FACTS prove he didn't have the money to compete while the debt was being dealt with. He spend no more than 20 million on a player (Arshavin) while Chelsea, City, United and even Liverpool were dropping far bigger amounts all over the place. Go look up the net spend in those 7 years to see you are talking rubbish. After it was payed off they have spent bigger and been a better side because of it.

Nothing to do with playing the Arsenal way, more to do with not trying to injure opponents or as dinosaurs like Neil call it ''letting them know you are there''.

Sanchez could have been seriously injured if he had hit the camera, you can clearly see that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6H0wSLRWY4

FACTS in capital letters always wins the argument. :rolleyes:

Arsenal are diddy, whiney, and won't win the league, again.

I'm out, you're boring me now. :yawn:

Zazu62
27-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Arsenal let me down for £100 😥

Wilson
27-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Arsenal let me down for £100 😥

I had cue card and tea for two in the horse racing. Stuck twenty quid on Arsenal at 7/5. I remember when football was easy and horse racing was dodgy!

Zazu62
27-12-2015, 01:32 AM
I had cue card and tea for two in the horse racing. Stuck twenty quid on Arsenal at 7/5. I remember when football was easy and horse racing was dodgy!

Put £2.50 on a Coupon today won about 30 quid stuck it on Everton they won last minute thought my luck was in then I put it on arsenal haha

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2015, 10:35 AM
FACTS in capital letters always wins the argument. :rolleyes:

Arsenal are diddy, whiney, and won't win the league, again.

I'm out, you're boring me now. :yawn::faf:

MKHIBEE
27-12-2015, 10:42 AM
I thought it was a poor game, the Grimsby game could be a painful 90 minutes if Lincoln play like that again.

HH81
27-12-2015, 12:03 PM
I thought it was a poor game, the Grimsby game could be a painful 90 minutes if Lincoln play like that again.

First half was average but Halifax came out 2nd half and played well. I was in away end. Also found a chippy at corner, very good chip butty with bits.

Hope you wasn't one of them in the bigger stand with the shirts off :-)

MKHIBEE
27-12-2015, 12:10 PM
First half was average but Halifax came out 2nd half and played well. I was in away end.

Hope you wasn't one of them in the bigger stand with the shirts off :-)

I was sat at the end of that stand, it wasn't a pretty sight when the shirts came off.

Halifax deserved the points, it will be a different story next Saturday. (I hope!)

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't really give a toss what any English manager says about why they won or why they lose, i just like to watch a good football match.

And more often than not, the games i have enjoyed the most over the last 10-15 years have nearly always involved Arsenal.

3pm
27-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I hope Stubbs got some Lynx Africa for Christmas. He'll need a good wash after being at the PBS today.

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2015, 02:02 PM
No Griffiths. They'll get away with only conceding a few.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:05 PM
just tuned in on 2 mins and 45 secs, still no sellick goal unfortunately, whats going on

givescotlandfreedom
27-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Hitlerson wasting time already.

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 02:07 PM
No Griffiths. They'll get away with only conceding a few.

Disappointed both Brown and Griffiths are missing. They absolutely love getting it right up Hearts, especially at Tynecastle.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:12 PM
2% 62% 36% lol

liamh2202
27-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Going against the majority here but I reckon i hate the old firm more than hearts. Purely find that because i have decent mates who are jambos and i despise everything the old firm stands for . it would also be pleasing to see someone other than the ugly sisters winning the league

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Going against the majority here but I reckon i hate the old firm more than hearts. Purely find that because i have decent mates who are jambos and i despise everything the old firm stands for . it would also be pleasing to see someone other than the ugly sisters winning the league

Agree with the first part but I'd never want the Jambos winning the league, rather Aberdeen!

lord bunberry
27-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I hate hearts more than any club that has ever played football

lord bunberry
27-12-2015, 02:30 PM
And I hate their mutant inbred supporters even more.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:33 PM
30 mins gone and sellick already forced to sub two players through injury, hope they trained to play with 10 players for this game

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:35 PM
good save by gordon

hertz have a chance now ambrose is on

and right on cue, ambrose makes his first mistake

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Celtic are utter garbage. Hearts have been the better team since about 10 minutes in.

If ever there's a year for someone to end the Celtic/Rangers run of title wins it this one. Crap Celtic team with a rubbish management team.

liamh2202
27-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Agree with the first part but I'd never want the Jambos winning the league, rather Aberdeen!

Yeh i was refferring to aberdeen winning the league. I draw the line wanting hearts to do that

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:43 PM
woohoo get in

Broken Gnome
27-12-2015, 02:43 PM
You wouldn't mind a go at Celtic in a cup final, last half hour has been rotten.

Goal. Don't mind being proved wrong mind you.

stoneyburn hibs
27-12-2015, 02:44 PM
0-1 to the lesser greens. Against the run of play but I don't really mind that much.

lucky
27-12-2015, 02:47 PM
How bad was that from Rossi m, CH apparently, chasing the ball out of defence and end up on the right wing miles out of position. Harry Potter and his caveman apprentice will be having fits about it.

1-1 *******s

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:47 PM
gimps score 1-1 thought gordon could have came for that

Broken Gnome
27-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Great finish my ****.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2015, 02:50 PM
gimps score 1-1 thought gordon could have came for thatDoesn't get anywhere near Gordon if Celtic could defend.

Hiber-nation
27-12-2015, 02:51 PM
I hate hearts more than any club that has ever played football

:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Doesn't get anywhere near Gordon if Celtic could defend.

true, hence my post re: poor sellick having to bring on ambrose

J-C
27-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Don't know who's worse, Hearts or Celtic, both teams are pants TBH.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 03:15 PM
the big game has just kicked off at murrayfield...Edinburgh v Glasgow :)

Thecat23
27-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Hearts should go for it. Celtic are down to bare bones. Both are poor but I think hearts could win this.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 03:18 PM
sellick are rank without sparky and broonaldo

Hibby Bairn
27-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Calum Paterson is very poor. Saw him for Scotland U21s v Ukraine and he was terrible then as well.

In his defence I don't think he was a right back as a youth.

Sylar
27-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Two handed shove by Bitton in the box waved away. Hearts look the better side just now.

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 03:29 PM
crackin goal 2-1 sellick

Sylar
27-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Dirty *******s.

Don't deserve their lead.

Thecat23
27-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Great finish, can't say they deserve it though but still funny 😁

lord bunberry
27-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Dirty *******s.

Don't deserve their lead.
Anyone beating hearts deserves their lead

27-12-2015, 03:32 PM
some strike tbf!

Sylar

Typically I'd agree but not this terrorist sympathising **** :agree:

lucky
Very poor game. Standard is no better than we see in the championship most weeks.

J-C

Same here, cracking goal and I'm not bothered who beats Hearts as long as they get beat.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Half of Celtics team injured and Scott Allan still cant get a game.

Pete
27-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Mon the Celic.

Down with the huns (full fat and diet)

GreenLake
27-12-2015, 03:38 PM
I hope Gordon saves their customary penalty.

Sylar
27-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Ciftci should be off!

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 03:41 PM
It's even better seeing them lose when they deserve something from the game.

lord bunberry
27-12-2015, 03:44 PM
It's even better seeing them lose when they deserve something from the game.
I hope they get denied a stonewall penalty and the hearts player picks up a second yellow for diving

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 03:49 PM
forrest is gash, as is ambrose, as is ciftci

and hertz score from p@shy forrests foul

deserved a point me thinks

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2015, 03:50 PM
First time Sow has touched the ball...

Sylar
27-12-2015, 03:50 PM
What a strike!

Thecat23
27-12-2015, 03:51 PM
That's a ****er. Great finish from Sow!

HibeeSince82
27-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Some strike

SJNB Hibby
27-12-2015, 03:52 PM
What a strike!

Huuuuuuge slight deflection there put all the swerve on it

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 03:52 PM
lol@ that johansen, another rank sellick player, i wish we had got them in the SF :greengrin

Stanton
27-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Typically I'd agree but not this terrorist sympathising **** :agree:

What an ill considered stupid comment
because someone believes that it is Britain that is in the wrong with regards to Ireland , believes it is an occupying force , believes that they imposed through force a border in that small country strategically drawn to ensure a sectarian headcount would be pro British in the 6 occupied counties of the 9 county province of Ulster.
who oversaw a one party state dominated by Orangesim for over 50 years where sectarian discrimination was endemic.
and when the native Irish marched for civil rights in the 60"s the state unleashed their paramilitary police force on them ....so when peaceful demonstrations are closed off to them they commence a guerrilla war to unify their country away from the type of behaviours Britain oversaw as outlined above.
This makes the people attempting to escape the above way of life " terrorists "?
and anyone sympathizing with their position is terrorist sympathizing **** ?
you need to educate yourself mate and I don't mean by reading red top tabloids position on Britian in Ireland

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 03:53 PM
That's annoying. Good goal in fairness.

Actually not a bad game, not great quality (goals excepted) but a bit blood and thunder which is always decent enough to watch.

If these 2 are in the top 3 teams in the country it's easy to see why we have problems though.

Lago
27-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Mon the Celic.

Down with the huns (full fat and diet)

No Ronnie roar at Tynie.:greengrin

3pm
That's annoying. Good goal in fairness.

Actually not a bad game, not great quality (goals excepted) but a bit blood and thunder which is always decent enough to watch.

If these 2 are in the top 3 teams in the country it's easy to see why we have problems though.

There's no danger that's where the shot was meant to go.

Thecat23
Huuuuuuge slight deflection there put all the swerve on it

Never touched anyone, fantastic finish from the outside of the boot.

Broken Gnome
27-12-2015, 03:56 PM

If James Forrest is a Scotland international it's also easy to see why other problems exist.

GreenCastle
27-12-2015, 03:57 PM
2 very average teams. No wonder Celtic struggle in Europe.

Celtic are there for the taking this season.

Pete
27-12-2015, 03:57 PM
No Ronnie roar at Tynie.:greengrin

I'm not that keen on big Glasgow clubs winning either so I can live with that. :-)

Sylar
27-12-2015, 03:59 PM
because someone believes that it is Britain that is in the wrong with regards to Ireland , believes it is an occupying force , believes that they imposed through force a border in that small country strategically drawn to ensure a sectarian headcount would be pro British in the 6 occupied counties of the 9 county province of Ulster.
who oversaw a one party state dominated by Orangesim for over 50 years where sectarian discrimination was endemic.
and when the native Irish marched for civil rights in the 60"s the state unleashed their paramilitary police force on them ....so when peaceful demonstrations are closed off to them they commence a guerrilla war to unify their country away from the type of behaviours Britain oversaw as outlined above.
This makes the people attempting to escape the above way of life " terrorists "?
you need to educate yourself mate and I don't mean by reading red top tabloids position on Britian in Ireland

This is Scotland. This is a football game. This is the year 2015.

They're in the stands singing songs glorifying an institution that blew up innocent civilians (including in my home town here in Surrey).

Since we're on the football forum, let's not extrapolate this, eh?

Hiber-nation
27-12-2015, 04:01 PM
If James Forrest is a Scotland international it's also easy to see why other problems exist.

Yep, abysmal today, caused the goal by sheer laziness.

Broken Gnome
27-12-2015, 04:04 PM

Aye it did, very slight but caught his calf.

Lago
27-12-2015, 04:04 PM

I prefer to come on here and discuss football, sometimes quite robustly, what I don't want to read is a lecture on Irish history, from either side's perspective. :confused:

SaulGoodman
27-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Wtf

Thecat23
27-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Aye it did, very slight but caught his calf.

Watch it again it doesn't touch anyone. I thought at first it did but rewound it a few times.

J-C
27-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Watch it again it doesn't touch anyone. I thought at first it did but rewound it a few times.

Sow has admitted it took a deflection

Lago
27-12-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm not that keen on big Glasgow clubs winning either so I can live with that. :-)
My thoughts exactly.

3pm
27-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Stubbs talks really well.

greenlex
27-12-2015, 04:09 PM

It's miles if target until deflected into the top corner. That is an OG.

Stanton
27-12-2015, 04:12 PM
This is Scotland. This is a football game. This is the year 2015.

They're in the stands singing songs glorifying an institution that blew up innocent civilians (including in my home town here in Surrey).

Since we're on the football forum, let's not extrapolate this, eh?

I'm aware of the location the occasion and the year
you are the one who wanted the outcome of the match to fall a certain way because you disagree with the politics of some within the Celtic support therefore you are allowing your political viewpoint to come into play in a football match.

im sure they did blow up locations in Southern England
just like Britain perpetrated outrages in the streets of Ireland

Pretty Boy
27-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Just a friendly reminder that the Holy Ground forum is a great place to discuss politics, history, current affairs and whatever else takes your fancy.

Maybe best to discuss the relative standpoints of the UK and the nationalists in NI in there rather than on the main forum. That goes for everybody.

It's the season of goodwill so let's keep it friendly.

Pete
27-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Let's just agree that it should all be kept away from the football, whatever your beliefs are on the matter.

I take it celtic were singing songs that are on a list of banned songs again. What's the point if the rules are never applied? It really only applies to two clubs FFS how hard can it be?

Stanton
27-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Just a friendly reminder that the Holy Ground forum is a great place to discuss politics, history, current affairs and whatever else takes your fancy.

Maybe best to discuss the relative standpoints of the UK and the nationalists in NI in there rather than on the main forum. That goes for everybody.

It's the season of goodwill so let's keep it friendly.

I hear you loud and clear .....the conversation is now ended ....apologies to anyone offended :thumbsup:

Sylar
27-12-2015, 04:19 PM
I didn't think Sow's shot took a deflection in real-time either, or from one or two of the angles but it does indeed take a slight nick and it's amazing how such a small glance alters the flight of the ball passed Gordon!

Point was probably a fair result and it gave Aberdeen a second chance after slipping up yesterday!

Thecat23
27-12-2015, 04:25 PM
I really need new glasses then, I just watched it again and still thought it was off the outside of the foot lol

hibbysam
27-12-2015, 05:49 PM
I really need new glasses then, I just watched it again and still thought it was off the outside of the foot lol

You don't see it properly until the angle from behind the goals, the deflection starts the ball in the middle of the goal but puts maximum spin on in meaning Gordon is totally wrong footed! Still keeps hearts miles back, and within reach of both saints and Ross county again, while gives Celtic a scare at the top of the league! I wouldn't be scared coming up against either of those sides!

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2015, 06:08 PM
In other news...

Respect to the Hibby who sold the ad space for 7-up and placed it on the bus shelter at Gorgie opposite the piggery. #genius

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2015, 06:26 PM
very good game indeed FT Forest 1 Super Leeds 1

Viva_Palmeiras
27-12-2015, 06:28 PM
very good game indeed FT Forest 1 Super Leeds 1

Who I happened to notice the other day are captained by a Sol Bamba

Mr White
27-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Who I happened to notice the other day are captained by a Sol Bamba

:agree:

Unused sub today though.

JimBHibees
27-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Half of Celtics team injured and Scott Allan still cant get a game.

Exactly what I was thinking so far down the pecking order it is unreal.

Northernhibee
28-12-2015, 12:06 AM

Good, hope the wee rat rots in the stands for his contract. If he'd not played his childish little games to derail the start of our season imagine how far ahead we'd be in the league.

JimBHibees
28-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Good, hope the wee rat rots in the stands for his contract. If he'd not played his childish little games to derail the start of our season imagine how far ahead we'd be in the league.

Unfortunately he and his double glazing salesman style agent will be patting themselves on the back sitting on a bench getting paid 4 or 5 times a week he got with us.

easty
28-12-2015, 10:22 AM

I read they were recalling Christie from his loan at ICT in January too, so he'll be even further down the list.