View Full Version : Boxing Day Televised Football Feast

26-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Has there ever been a duller televised football schedule? Admittedly I am not really that interested in non-Hibs football, but as I'm staying in a residence with Sky Sport over festive season I thought I'd see what was on.
Cans can stay cooling in the fridge - out for a walk instead methinks..

26-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Agree, was really disappointed when I had a look

26-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Still goalless at the Harry Abrahams Stadium and I can honestly say that there isn't a single away supporter in attendance (unless they are undercover).

26-12-2015, 12:34 PM
I think its superb today..stoke v man u then newcastle v everton followed by southampton v arsenal and also the Darts at 6pm.

Football fest day man !

Andy Bee
26-12-2015, 12:48 PM
I think its superb today..stoke v man u then newcastle v everton followed by southampton v arsenal and also the Darts at 6pm.

Football fest day man !

And Liverpool v Leicester 3pm Setanta HD :wink:

Newhaven
26-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Football fest day man !

Totally agree. Great line up

26-12-2015, 01:04 PM
1-0 Stoke.

Taxi for Van Gaal.

26-12-2015, 01:07 PM
And Liverpool v Leicester 3pm Setanta HD :wink:

Setanta? are they still on the go? Please Mr Bee, how could I get that game via Sky?!!

26-12-2015, 01:16 PM
A few postponements in England and Scotland today

26-12-2015, 01:17 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man u are utter pish

26-12-2015, 01:18 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man Utd are a shambles, Van Gaal really has flattered to deceive since about 1998.

26-12-2015, 01:19 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man u are utter pish

They have been dreadful. Turgid to watch and a far cry from Fergie's sides. They look utterly hopeless.

26-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Should have been 3 there.

In days gone by you would say Stoke would regret that, now it's just a minor inconvenience until the 3rd finally comes.

26-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Moyes was sacked for much the same as this. Perhaps the biggest job in England but who in their right mind would follow the greatest manager ever? As long as Ryan Giggs is there, that is a direct trace back to Fergie and ultimately undermines any new Manager. If he is not given the job full time, he should leave as well and draw a line under SAF, as much as that is possible.

26-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Has there ever been a duller televised football schedule? Admittedly I am not really that interested in non-Hibs football, but as I'm staying in a residence with Sky Sport over festive season I thought I'd see what was on.
Cans can stay cooling in the fridge - out for a walk instead methinks..

You think, can't agree.

26-12-2015, 01:26 PM
They have been dreadful. Turgid to watch and a far cry from Fergie's sides. They look utterly hopeless.

Dough boy will be getting the call soon.:hibees

Andy Bee
26-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Setanta? are they still on the go? Please Mr Bee, how could I get that game via Sky?!!

Sorry Mr GB it's not possible via Sky but as you're a PM I'd suggest reading the "Satellite box" thread in the PM Forum and all will be revealed :wink:

26-12-2015, 01:32 PM
You think, can't agree.

It's not the best boxing day schedule.

A poor Man Utd team against a decent Stoke side, a (sadly) poor Newcastle side against an Everton side that are total media darlings but way overrated imo and a good Arsenal side against the poorest Southampton side in 3 or 4 years.

26-12-2015, 01:39 PM
2-0 Stoke.

Man Utd are a shambles, Van Gaal really has flattered to deceive since about 1998.

His wife will be raging!

26-12-2015, 01:42 PM
The Arse will never have a better chance to win the EPL

26-12-2015, 01:48 PM
It's not the best boxing day schedule.

A poor Man Utd team against a decent Stoke side, a (sadly) poor Newcastle side against an Everton side that are total media darlings but way overrated imo and a good Arsenal side against the poorest Southampton side in 3 or 4 years.

Osman in the squad ? :greengrin

26-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Man U were brutal there. Stoke were well worth the win.

26-12-2015, 02:45 PM

They really were terrible. Stoke could have scored more. Butland had a couple of good saves mind, but Stoke well deserved the 3 points.

26-12-2015, 03:39 PM
St Mirren 2-0 down to Livi already. Would drop into the relegation play off slot.

robinp
26-12-2015, 03:43 PM
St Mirren 2-0 down to Livi already. Would drop into the relegation play off slot.

Club in complete free fall, looks like Murray might not have been the problem!

26-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Falkirk 1 up.

26-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Man City look like racking up a cricket acore against Sunderland.

26-12-2015, 04:10 PM

Man U remind me of Hibs under Fenlon.

26-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Chelsea 1 Watford 2

26-12-2015, 04:22 PM
1-0 Liverpool yaaaaaas

26-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Falkirk 1 Dumbarton 0

paisley buddies 1 Livi 4

Aberdeen 0 Caley 2

Ross co 4 Dundee 2

Hamilton 0 Killie pies 1

26-12-2015, 04:27 PM

St Mirren pulled one back before half time but now 3 1 down at home to Managerless Livingstone. And if folk thought the rain was heavy the day the Morton game was called off its a lot worse and has been all day Brutal conditions so all credit to Liviv .

Just missed a goal while posting 4. 1

SJNB Hibby
Falkirk 1 Dumbarton 0

paisley buddies 1 Livi 4

Aberdeen 0 Caley 2

Ross co 2 Dundee 3???? Is it no 3-2??

seanshow
Paisley saints routed at home by Livi lions 1 v 4 and counting...............that new manager bounce working well :greengrin

26-12-2015, 04:29 PM
St.Mirren in league 1 next season would be terrific.

26-12-2015, 04:30 PM
???? Is it no 3-2??

yep, now 4-2 and aberdeen pull one back

26-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Man U remind me of Hibs under Fenlon.Man United wish they were getting to cup finals and into Europe :greengrin

26-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Ross co 5 Fundee 2

26-12-2015, 04:47 PM
hand ball in the box, penalty to Aberdeen in 90th min

scored 2-2 6 mins of stoppage time coming up

FT

26-12-2015, 04:55 PM
No movement1
The Billy Bigots

No movement2
Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No movement3
Falkirk (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/falkirk)

No movement4
Raith Rovers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/raith-rovers)

No movement5
Morton (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/greenock-morton)

26-12-2015, 04:57 PM
FT, St Mirren lose 1-4 and move into the relegation play off slot. In freefall.

26-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Firestick with Kodi = take your pick 😝

26-12-2015, 08:05 PM
crackin goal for southampton, the outside of the guys boot from 20+ yards

26-12-2015, 08:25 PM
crackin goal for southampton, the outside of the guys boot from 20+ yards

:agree: absolute peach.

26-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Arsenal seem to do a bottle it a hit when they have a chance to do assert themselves. A bit of a shame IMO as I like their football and they tend to live within their means.

26-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Arsenal seem to do a bottle it a hit when they have a chance to do assert themselves. A bit of a shame IMO as I like their football and they tend to live within their means.

Agree with this. I think a lot of the time the mega bucks buys you a winners mentality every bit as much as quality.

26-12-2015, 08:57 PM
2-0,Arsenal look poor today.

26-12-2015, 09:10 PM
3-zip the saints

26-12-2015, 09:40 PM
12/1 Spurs to win that league could be a bet.

26-12-2015, 09:44 PM

I cannae stand Arsenal. Delighted they got pumped and hope they never win the league again under Wenger.

It's the way they, specifically Wenger, bang on about playing the right way and not spending like the other big teams. It's almost preachy. It's calmed down the last couple of years, but it used to really do my head in. So far up there own ***** at Arsenal, with nothing to back it up.

26-12-2015, 09:48 PM
I cannae stand Arsenal. Delighted they got pumped and hope they never win the league again under Wenger.

It's the way they, specifically Wenger, bang on about playing the right way and not spending like the other big teams. It's almost preachy. It's calmed down the last couple of years, but it used to really do my head in. So far up there own ***** at Arsenal, with nothing to back it up.

Whinger will be along in a minute to tell us how its all a conspiracy, everyone should stand back and watch how good he thinks they are. Soft centre if you play through them as Southampton did. Metersercker has the speed of a walrus on land and the turning circle of an oil tanker.

I used to like Arsenal but whilst they stick with whinger its a no from me.

26-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Arsenal have feet of clay. They should have got rid of Wenger years ago.

26-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Arsenal have feet of clay. They should have got rid of Wenger years ago.and replace him with who? Name another manager who would have kept them top 4 while paying off the stadium debt? 2 trophies in 2 years since it has been paid off.

It's the way they, specifically Wenger, bang on about playing the right way and not spending like the other big teams. It's almost preachy. It's calmed down the last couple of years, but it used to really do my head in. So far up there own ***** at Arsenal, with nothing to back it up.I've read this every day on here for the past 5 years from Hibs fans.

Wenger complains about teams trying to kick Arsenal off the park, something that happens quite regularly and he is right to do it. Injury records like Diaby, Wilshere, Rocisky etc aren't accidents, they get nailed every game they play by huddies who go unpunished. Alex Neil reportedly smiling when asked about some Norwich player pushing Alexis Sanchez into a TV camera 2 weeks ago summed it up. It was a disgraceful incident that could have caused serious injury and he was delighted about it because Sanchez was limping afterword.

26-12-2015, 10:41 PM

Whinger will be along in a minute to tell us how its all a conspiracy, everyone should stand back and watch how good he thinks they are. Soft centre if you play through them as Southampton did. Metersercker has the speed of a walrus on land and the turning circle of an oil tanker.

I used to like Arsenal but whilst they stick with whinger its a no from me.100 Germany caps and a world cup medal as well.

26-12-2015, 10:46 PM
I went to Lincoln v Halifax today. Decent game but no players on the pitch would get in the Hibs team.

26-12-2015, 10:51 PM
and replace him with who? Name another manager who would have kept them top 4 while paying off the stadium debt? 2 trophies in 2 years since it has been paid off.

I've read this every day on here for the past 5 years from Hibs fans.

Wenger complains about teams trying to kick Arsenal off the park, something that happens quite regularly and he is right to do it. Injury records like Diaby, Wilshere, Rocisky etc aren't accidents, they get nailed every game they play by huddies who go unpunished. Alex Neil reportedly smiling when asked about some Norwich player pushing Alexis Sanchez into a TV camera 2 weeks ago summed it up. It was a disgraceful incident that could have caused serious injury and he was delighted about it because Sanchez was limping afterword.

He's spent loads of money. It's a complete nonsense that he manages to fool people into thinking he's shrewd. Last season he spent about £100m, on players including - Welbeck £16m, Gabriel £13m, Debuchy £12m and Chambers £16m.

Norwich play the same way against everyone, they get in about you, and why shouldn't they? Should Norwich try to play Arsenal the "Arsenal way"....because they would obv lose if they did. Besides, there was barely anything in the Sanchez incident anyway.

As for the bit in bold, you've never read it coming from me, I'll take the 3 points or the trophies however they come.

26-12-2015, 10:55 PM
100 Germany caps and a world cup medal as well.

Djimi Traore and Jonathan Greening have Champions League winners medals :greengrin

I actually don't think Mertesaker is all that bad, he's no world class, but he's a more than decent enough centre half

26-12-2015, 10:56 PM
100 Germany caps and a world cup medal as well.

Must be about how the various German managers deploy him and the players they put around him:wink:

26-12-2015, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=easty;4530869]He's spent loads of money. It's a complete nonsense that he manages to fool people into thinking he's shrewd. Last season he spent about £100m, on players including - Welbeck £16m, Gabriel £13m, Debuchy £12m and Chambers £16m.

One of the first big money signings was the fox in the box Jeffers (£10m?) way back, Reyes £25m and gone a season or so after, Arshavin? - I actually think he has done a bit better when he spends less and develops players - Henry for example.

Anyway if nailing 4th place and CL qtr finals more more often than not along with two FA cups in a decade is the level of ambition to size / turnover maybe he is the man for the job.

26-12-2015, 11:07 PM
I went to Lincoln v Halifax today. Decent game but no players on the pitch would get in the Hibs team.

Nearly went up to Sincil Bank today as well but we decided to go for a beer and head to Boston v Gainsborough Trinity Monday instead - proper Derby! Then straight home to watch the recording of our win at Ibrox.

26-12-2015, 11:08 PM
He's spent loads of money. It's a complete nonsense that he manages to fool people into thinking he's shrewd. Last season he spent about £100m, on players including - Welbeck £16m, Gabriel £13m, Debuchy £12m and Chambers £16m.

Norwich play the same way against everyone, they get in about you, and why shouldn't they? Should Norwich try to play Arsenal the "Arsenal way"....because they would obv lose if they did. Besides, there was barely anything in the Sanchez incident anyway.

As for the bit in bold, you've never read it coming from me, I'll take the 3 points or the trophies however they come. I never said anything about Wenger being ''shrewd'' but FACTS prove he didn't have the money to compete while the debt was being dealt with. He spend no more than 20 million on a player (Arshavin) while Chelsea, City, United and even Liverpool were dropping far bigger amounts all over the place. Go look up the net spend in those 7 years to see you are talking rubbish. After it was payed off they have spent bigger and been a better side because of it.

Nothing to do with playing the Arsenal way, more to do with not trying to injure opponents or as dinosaurs like Neil call it ''letting them know you are there''.

Sanchez could have been seriously injured if he had hit the camera, you can clearly see that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6H0wSLRWY4

26-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Nearly went up to Sincil Bank today as well but we decided to go for a beer and head to Boston v Gainsborough Trinity Monday instead - proper Derby! Then straight home to watch the recording of our win at Ibrox.

You didn't make it today to Crown Meadow then :greengrin

26-12-2015, 11:14 PM
You didn't make it today to Crown Meadow then :greengrin

barely made it out of the village I am ashamed to say, two visitors down who wanted to drink beer - seen it was on though and unfortunately had a bet on Boston - losing leg of a treble :boo hoo::boo hoo:

27-12-2015, 12:07 AM
I never said anything about Wenger being ''shrewd'' but FACTS prove he didn't have the money to compete while the debt was being dealt with. He spend no more than 20 million on a player (Arshavin) while Chelsea, City, United and even Liverpool were dropping far bigger amounts all over the place. Go look up the net spend in those 7 years to see you are talking rubbish. After it was payed off they have spent bigger and been a better side because of it.

Nothing to do with playing the Arsenal way, more to do with not trying to injure opponents or as dinosaurs like Neil call it ''letting them know you are there''.

Sanchez could have been seriously injured if he had hit the camera, you can clearly see that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6H0wSLRWY4

FACTS in capital letters always wins the argument. :rolleyes:

Arsenal are diddy, whiney, and won't win the league, again.

I'm out, you're boring me now. :yawn:

27-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Arsenal let me down for £100 😥

27-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Arsenal let me down for £100 😥

I had cue card and tea for two in the horse racing. Stuck twenty quid on Arsenal at 7/5. I remember when football was easy and horse racing was dodgy!

27-12-2015, 01:32 AM
I had cue card and tea for two in the horse racing. Stuck twenty quid on Arsenal at 7/5. I remember when football was easy and horse racing was dodgy!

Put £2.50 on a Coupon today won about 30 quid stuck it on Everton they won last minute thought my luck was in then I put it on arsenal haha

27-12-2015, 10:35 AM
FACTS in capital letters always wins the argument. :rolleyes:

Arsenal are diddy, whiney, and won't win the league, again.

I'm out, you're boring me now. :yawn::faf:

MKHIBEE
27-12-2015, 10:42 AM
I thought it was a poor game, the Grimsby game could be a painful 90 minutes if Lincoln play like that again.

27-12-2015, 12:03 PM
I thought it was a poor game, the Grimsby game could be a painful 90 minutes if Lincoln play like that again.

First half was average but Halifax came out 2nd half and played well. I was in away end. Also found a chippy at corner, very good chip butty with bits.

Hope you wasn't one of them in the bigger stand with the shirts off :-)

MKHIBEE
27-12-2015, 12:10 PM
First half was average but Halifax came out 2nd half and played well. I was in away end.

Hope you wasn't one of them in the bigger stand with the shirts off :-)

I was sat at the end of that stand, it wasn't a pretty sight when the shirts came off.

Halifax deserved the points, it will be a different story next Saturday. (I hope!)

27-12-2015, 12:20 PM
I don't really give a toss what any English manager says about why they won or why they lose, i just like to watch a good football match.

And more often than not, the games i have enjoyed the most over the last 10-15 years have nearly always involved Arsenal.

27-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I hope Stubbs got some Lynx Africa for Christmas. He'll need a good wash after being at the PBS today.

27-12-2015, 02:02 PM
No Griffiths. They'll get away with only conceding a few.

27-12-2015, 02:05 PM
just tuned in on 2 mins and 45 secs, still no sellick goal unfortunately, whats going on

27-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Hitlerson wasting time already.

27-12-2015, 02:07 PM
No Griffiths. They'll get away with only conceding a few.

Disappointed both Brown and Griffiths are missing. They absolutely love getting it right up Hearts, especially at Tynecastle.

27-12-2015, 02:12 PM
2% 62% 36% lol

liamh2202
27-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Going against the majority here but I reckon i hate the old firm more than hearts. Purely find that because i have decent mates who are jambos and i despise everything the old firm stands for . it would also be pleasing to see someone other than the ugly sisters winning the league

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-12-2015, 02:27 PM
Going against the majority here but I reckon i hate the old firm more than hearts. Purely find that because i have decent mates who are jambos and i despise everything the old firm stands for . it would also be pleasing to see someone other than the ugly sisters winning the league

Agree with the first part but I'd never want the Jambos winning the league, rather Aberdeen!

27-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I hate hearts more than any club that has ever played football

27-12-2015, 02:30 PM
And I hate their mutant inbred supporters even more.

27-12-2015, 02:33 PM
30 mins gone and sellick already forced to sub two players through injury, hope they trained to play with 10 players for this game

27-12-2015, 02:35 PM
good save by gordon

hertz have a chance now ambrose is on

and right on cue, ambrose makes his first mistake

27-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Celtic are utter garbage. Hearts have been the better team since about 10 minutes in.

If ever there's a year for someone to end the Celtic/Rangers run of title wins it this one. Crap Celtic team with a rubbish management team.

liamh2202
27-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Agree with the first part but I'd never want the Jambos winning the league, rather Aberdeen!

Yeh i was refferring to aberdeen winning the league. I draw the line wanting hearts to do that

27-12-2015, 02:43 PM
woohoo get in

27-12-2015, 02:43 PM
You wouldn't mind a go at Celtic in a cup final, last half hour has been rotten.

Goal. Don't mind being proved wrong mind you.

27-12-2015, 02:44 PM
0-1 to the lesser greens. Against the run of play but I don't really mind that much.

27-12-2015, 02:47 PM
How bad was that from Rossi m, CH apparently, chasing the ball out of defence and end up on the right wing miles out of position. Harry Potter and his caveman apprentice will be having fits about it.

1-1 *******s

27-12-2015, 02:47 PM
gimps score 1-1 thought gordon could have came for that

27-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Great finish my ****.

27-12-2015, 02:50 PM
gimps score 1-1 thought gordon could have came for thatDoesn't get anywhere near Gordon if Celtic could defend.

27-12-2015, 02:51 PM
I hate hearts more than any club that has ever played football

27-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Doesn't get anywhere near Gordon if Celtic could defend.

true, hence my post re: poor sellick having to bring on ambrose

27-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Don't know who's worse, Hearts or Celtic, both teams are pants TBH.

27-12-2015, 03:15 PM
the big game has just kicked off at murrayfield...Edinburgh v Glasgow :)

27-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Hearts should go for it. Celtic are down to bare bones. Both are poor but I think hearts could win this.

27-12-2015, 03:18 PM
sellick are rank without sparky and broonaldo

27-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Calum Paterson is very poor. Saw him for Scotland U21s v Ukraine and he was terrible then as well.

In his defence I don't think he was a right back as a youth.

27-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Two handed shove by Bitton in the box waved away. Hearts look the better side just now.

27-12-2015, 03:29 PM
crackin goal 2-1 sellick

27-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Dirty *******s.

Don't deserve their lead.

27-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Great finish, can't say they deserve it though but still funny 😁

27-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Dirty *******s.

Don't deserve their lead.
Anyone beating hearts deserves their lead

27-12-2015, 03:32 PM
some strike tbf!

Typically I'd agree but not this terrorist sympathising **** :agree:

Very poor game. Standard is no better than we see in the championship most weeks.

Same here, cracking goal and I'm not bothered who beats Hearts as long as they get beat.

27-12-2015, 03:33 PM
Half of Celtics team injured and Scott Allan still cant get a game.

27-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Mon the Celic.

Down with the huns (full fat and diet)

27-12-2015, 03:38 PM
I hope Gordon saves their customary penalty.

27-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Ciftci should be off!

27-12-2015, 03:41 PM
It's even better seeing them lose when they deserve something from the game.

27-12-2015, 03:44 PM
It's even better seeing them lose when they deserve something from the game.
I hope they get denied a stonewall penalty and the hearts player picks up a second yellow for diving

27-12-2015, 03:49 PM
forrest is gash, as is ambrose, as is ciftci

and hertz score from p@shy forrests foul

deserved a point me thinks

27-12-2015, 03:50 PM
First time Sow has touched the ball...

27-12-2015, 03:50 PM
What a strike!

27-12-2015, 03:51 PM
That's a ****er. Great finish from Sow!

HibeeSince82
27-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Some strike

SJNB Hibby
27-12-2015, 03:52 PM
What a strike!

Huuuuuuge slight deflection there put all the swerve on it

27-12-2015, 03:52 PM
lol@ that johansen, another rank sellick player, i wish we had got them in the SF :greengrin

Stanton
27-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Typically I'd agree but not this terrorist sympathising **** :agree:

What an ill considered stupid comment
because someone believes that it is Britain that is in the wrong with regards to Ireland , believes it is an occupying force , believes that they imposed through force a border in that small country strategically drawn to ensure a sectarian headcount would be pro British in the 6 occupied counties of the 9 county province of Ulster.
who oversaw a one party state dominated by Orangesim for over 50 years where sectarian discrimination was endemic.
and when the native Irish marched for civil rights in the 60"s the state unleashed their paramilitary police force on them ....so when peaceful demonstrations are closed off to them they commence a guerrilla war to unify their country away from the type of behaviours Britain oversaw as outlined above.
This makes the people attempting to escape the above way of life " terrorists "?
and anyone sympathizing with their position is terrorist sympathizing **** ?
you need to educate yourself mate and I don't mean by reading red top tabloids position on Britian in Ireland

27-12-2015, 03:53 PM
That's annoying. Good goal in fairness.

Actually not a bad game, not great quality (goals excepted) but a bit blood and thunder which is always decent enough to watch.

If these 2 are in the top 3 teams in the country it's easy to see why we have problems though.

27-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Mon the Celic.

Down with the huns (full fat and diet)

No Ronnie roar at Tynie.:greengrin

That's annoying. Good goal in fairness.

Actually not a bad game, not great quality (goals excepted) but a bit blood and thunder which is always decent enough to watch.

If these 2 are in the top 3 teams in the country it's easy to see why we have problems though.

There's no danger that's where the shot was meant to go.

Huuuuuuge slight deflection there put all the swerve on it

Never touched anyone, fantastic finish from the outside of the boot.

27-12-2015, 03:56 PM

If James Forrest is a Scotland international it's also easy to see why other problems exist.

27-12-2015, 03:57 PM
2 very average teams. No wonder Celtic struggle in Europe.

Celtic are there for the taking this season.

27-12-2015, 03:57 PM
No Ronnie roar at Tynie.:greengrin

I'm not that keen on big Glasgow clubs winning either so I can live with that. :-)

27-12-2015, 03:59 PM
because someone believes that it is Britain that is in the wrong with regards to Ireland , believes it is an occupying force , believes that they imposed through force a border in that small country strategically drawn to ensure a sectarian headcount would be pro British in the 6 occupied counties of the 9 county province of Ulster.
who oversaw a one party state dominated by Orangesim for over 50 years where sectarian discrimination was endemic.
and when the native Irish marched for civil rights in the 60"s the state unleashed their paramilitary police force on them ....so when peaceful demonstrations are closed off to them they commence a guerrilla war to unify their country away from the type of behaviours Britain oversaw as outlined above.
This makes the people attempting to escape the above way of life " terrorists "?
you need to educate yourself mate and I don't mean by reading red top tabloids position on Britian in Ireland

This is Scotland. This is a football game. This is the year 2015.

They're in the stands singing songs glorifying an institution that blew up innocent civilians (including in my home town here in Surrey).

Since we're on the football forum, let's not extrapolate this, eh?

27-12-2015, 04:01 PM
If James Forrest is a Scotland international it's also easy to see why other problems exist.

Yep, abysmal today, caused the goal by sheer laziness.

27-12-2015, 04:04 PM

Aye it did, very slight but caught his calf.

27-12-2015, 04:04 PM

I prefer to come on here and discuss football, sometimes quite robustly, what I don't want to read is a lecture on Irish history, from either side's perspective. :confused:

27-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Wtf

27-12-2015, 04:06 PM
Aye it did, very slight but caught his calf.

Watch it again it doesn't touch anyone. I thought at first it did but rewound it a few times.

27-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Watch it again it doesn't touch anyone. I thought at first it did but rewound it a few times.

Sow has admitted it took a deflection

27-12-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm not that keen on big Glasgow clubs winning either so I can live with that. :-)
My thoughts exactly.

27-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Stubbs talks really well.

27-12-2015, 04:09 PM

It's miles if target until deflected into the top corner. That is an OG.

Stanton
27-12-2015, 04:12 PM
This is Scotland. This is a football game. This is the year 2015.

They're in the stands singing songs glorifying an institution that blew up innocent civilians (including in my home town here in Surrey).

Since we're on the football forum, let's not extrapolate this, eh?

I'm aware of the location the occasion and the year
you are the one who wanted the outcome of the match to fall a certain way because you disagree with the politics of some within the Celtic support therefore you are allowing your political viewpoint to come into play in a football match.

im sure they did blow up locations in Southern England
just like Britain perpetrated outrages in the streets of Ireland

27-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Just a friendly reminder that the Holy Ground forum is a great place to discuss politics, history, current affairs and whatever else takes your fancy.

Maybe best to discuss the relative standpoints of the UK and the nationalists in NI in there rather than on the main forum. That goes for everybody.

It's the season of goodwill so let's keep it friendly.

27-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Let's just agree that it should all be kept away from the football, whatever your beliefs are on the matter.

I take it celtic were singing songs that are on a list of banned songs again. What's the point if the rules are never applied? It really only applies to two clubs FFS how hard can it be?

Stanton
27-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Just a friendly reminder that the Holy Ground forum is a great place to discuss politics, history, current affairs and whatever else takes your fancy.

Maybe best to discuss the relative standpoints of the UK and the nationalists in NI in there rather than on the main forum. That goes for everybody.

It's the season of goodwill so let's keep it friendly.

I hear you loud and clear .....the conversation is now ended ....apologies to anyone offended :thumbsup:

27-12-2015, 04:19 PM
I didn't think Sow's shot took a deflection in real-time either, or from one or two of the angles but it does indeed take a slight nick and it's amazing how such a small glance alters the flight of the ball passed Gordon!

Point was probably a fair result and it gave Aberdeen a second chance after slipping up yesterday!

27-12-2015, 04:25 PM
I really need new glasses then, I just watched it again and still thought it was off the outside of the foot lol

27-12-2015, 05:49 PM
I really need new glasses then, I just watched it again and still thought it was off the outside of the foot lol

You don't see it properly until the angle from behind the goals, the deflection starts the ball in the middle of the goal but puts maximum spin on in meaning Gordon is totally wrong footed! Still keeps hearts miles back, and within reach of both saints and Ross county again, while gives Celtic a scare at the top of the league! I wouldn't be scared coming up against either of those sides!

27-12-2015, 06:08 PM
In other news...

Respect to the Hibby who sold the ad space for 7-up and placed it on the bus shelter at Gorgie opposite the piggery. #genius

27-12-2015, 06:26 PM
very good game indeed FT Forest 1 Super Leeds 1

27-12-2015, 06:28 PM
very good game indeed FT Forest 1 Super Leeds 1

Who I happened to notice the other day are captained by a Sol Bamba

27-12-2015, 06:31 PM
Who I happened to notice the other day are captained by a Sol Bamba

Unused sub today though.

27-12-2015, 11:46 PM
Half of Celtics team injured and Scott Allan still cant get a game.

Exactly what I was thinking so far down the pecking order it is unreal.

28-12-2015, 12:06 AM

Good, hope the wee rat rots in the stands for his contract. If he'd not played his childish little games to derail the start of our season imagine how far ahead we'd be in the league.

28-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Good, hope the wee rat rots in the stands for his contract. If he'd not played his childish little games to derail the start of our season imagine how far ahead we'd be in the league.

Unfortunately he and his double glazing salesman style agent will be patting themselves on the back sitting on a bench getting paid 4 or 5 times a week he got with us.

28-12-2015, 10:22 AM

I read they were recalling Christie from his loan at ICT in January too, so he'll be even further down the list.