PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie

Dashing Bob S
24-12-2015, 02:20 PM
I don't know if this was posted earlier, but I was massively impressed by Fyvie against QOS. He miss hit every single pass, lost possession quite a few times and generally put in a poor performance.

Why impressed? Well, despite the fact that nothing was going right for him on the day, his head never went down. He got stuck in, motored up and down the park and always made himself available for a pass.

This attitude typifies the new Hibs. It's clear that Stubbs is buying players not just with the right ability, but with the proper attitude. Can't think of a single guy in that team who hides when the chips are down, and let's face it, when could we last say that about a Hibs side?

hibees 7062
24-12-2015, 02:25 PM
I don't know if this was posted earlier, but I was massively impressed by Fyvie against QOS. He miss hit every single pass, lost possession quite a few times and generally put in a poor performance.

Why impressed? Well, despite the fact that nothing was going right for him on the day, his head never went down. He got stuck in, motored up and down the park and always made himself available for a pass.

This attitude typifies the new Hibs. It's clear that Stubbs is buying players not just with the right ability, but with the proper attitude. Can't think of a single guy in that team who hides when the chips are down, and let's face it, when could we last say that about a Hibs side?

Agree he has a great attitude . Never thought he would sign again but it says it all about the way things are at Hibs :thumbsup:

Big_Franck
24-12-2015, 02:28 PM

Totally agree. The same happened when we beat the rangers at home. He didnt have a great game and kept giving the ball away. Despite that he never hid, always made an angle for his team mates to give him the ball, screamed for the ball and directed the rest of the players around him. Despite being poor for most of the game he was our best player in the last 15 minutes, when it really mattered.

He has exactly the kind of intelligence, strength of character and baws that we'd been missing for years. He's one of our most important players IMO.

Nutmegged
24-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Im a big fan of Fyvie and it shows you what kind of character he is that he just wont hide when he's having a stinker but lets be honest here, the reason he's not being called out for these performances is because we are winning, we won games in spite of him at times.

I'm hoping to see a big upturn in his form 2nd half of the Season, he owes us a few massive performances in my opinion.

I like him and I rate him but it is what it is.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Im a big fan of Fyvie and it shows you what kind of character he is that he just wont hide when he's having a stinker but lets be honest here, the reason he's not being called out for these performances is because we are winning, we won games in spite of him at times.

I'm hoping to see a big upturn in his form 2nd half of the Season, he owes us a few massive performances in my opinion.

I like him and I rate him but it is what it is.Absolutely nonsense, he has been brilliant all season.

Audio Visual

I like him and I rate him but it is what it is.

He does not owe us at all - Fyvie has been a great signing and is frequently one of our top performers. He had a great game against Falkirk. As has been said he never hides. He typifies everything about the quality of this Hibs side and the difference between many of the previous, lesser incarnations.

NAE NOOKIE
I said this on the matchday thread. Fyvie was way off his game against QOTS but he tried and tried to make a difference, with 5 minutes to go it was him who ran half the length of the pitch to challenge for the ball in the incident that lead to the bounce ball restart.

That attitude doesn't just sum up Fraser Fyvie but the whole team just now, I cant remember a game this season, or last for that matter, where I came away thinking I had seen a player who hadn't tried his best ..... like most fans I find a poor performance a lot easier to accept when the player in question is clearly trying hard.

Smartie
24-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Delighted to see this has been pointed out.

We've had some shrinking violets in the recent past which makes his attitude all the more refreshing.

His head never goes down, he keeps demanding the ball and risks making himself look stupid by continuing to stick his neck on the line when things aren't going his way.

I've seen players with far bigger reputations than his hide under similar circumstances.

Great player to have.

cabbageandribs1875
24-12-2015, 03:18 PM
he reminds me a bit of john rankin, quite a fit wee fella

we are hibs
24-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Hope McGeouch or Bartley starts ahead of him on Monday. Genuinely don't see what others see in him. Constantly slows the game down and loses possession.

Bayern Bru
24-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Hope McGeouch or Bartley starts ahead of him on Monday. Genuinely don't see what others see in him. Constantly slows the game down and loses possession.

Well if you read the posts above, luckily everyone has actually detailed what they see in him.

[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
24-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Fyvie is a player that gets stronger the further the game progresses. We haven't had one of those in recent times, so I'm all for it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-12-2015, 04:20 PM
Definition of another really great signing from AS!

dchibs
24-12-2015, 04:29 PM
i think Bartley slows the game down more than Fyvie, and the whole midfield gels better when Mcgeouch plays hope hes ok for Monday.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-12-2015, 04:29 PM
On form he is a real quality player but he is not always on form. That's why he has had to arguably take a step back to hopefully take a step forwards.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Hope McGeouch or Bartley starts ahead of him on Monday. Genuinely don't see what others see in him. Constantly slows the game down and loses possession.:faf:

You are basically saying you don't see what Alan Stubbs sees in him considering Fyvie has started almost every game he has been fit for since joining Hibs.

matty_f
24-12-2015, 05:01 PM
I thought he was our best player v Falkirk, and couldn't agree more with the OP's sentiments.

He's a class player, delighted that he's at Hibs.

Shrekko
24-12-2015, 05:05 PM
:faf:

You are basically saying you don't see what Alan Stubbs sees in him considering Fyvie has started almost every game he has been fit for since joining Hibs.

Yip- more than happy to trust the managers opinion on this despite a minority of fans who seem to want to have a wee pop at FF.

He is exactly the type of player who will get us promotion. Attitude is absolutely different class and when the chips are down or things are tight he seems to be everywhere. Outstanding player at this level and when we get back to the SPL he will soon be getting international recognition again IMO.

Glad most fans can see what he brings- he was indeed having a poor game against Rangers at ER but he more than anyone stood tall at the end. The next game he played in the midweek against Dundee Utd he was fantastic as well.

green day
24-12-2015, 05:06 PM

See what the OP said - he may not have a magic game every week (neither did McGinn against QoS, by the way) but - and this is crucial - he doesnt hide.

It was his "****** you, I am having this" attitude to the drop ball against Falkirk that massively contributed to that point - which we would never have won 18 months ago.

FranckSuzy
24-12-2015, 05:08 PM

:tree

J-C
24-12-2015, 05:35 PM
I was frustrated with him against QOS, he needs to do the simple things first, his adventurous passes were awful and very seldom got to their man, yes he stuck at it but needs to let the more accomplished passers do that part of the game and stick to the basics, which he does well.

keep the faith
24-12-2015, 05:58 PM

Bartley over Fyvie!! I'm glad your not the manager!!

Merry Christmas.

Vault Boy
24-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Fyvie shows the kind of inconsistency that would be expected from a player of his age who hasn't played a great deal of first team football. I believe that this will become less noticeable as he continues to gain experience, however as the OP highlighted, technical inconsistency can be countered by hard work and Fraser certainly does that. He's a really talented footballer and will only get better.

BSEJVT
24-12-2015, 08:14 PM
I was frustrated with him against QOS, he needs to do the simple things first, his adventurous passes were awful and very seldom got to their man, yes he stuck at it but needs to let the more accomplished passers do that part of the game and stick to the basics, which he does well.

I would have a look at the QOTS highlights (about 10 minutes worth) they tell a slightly different story, some of his long passes worked out very well.

Its either the case that they picked out the few great balls he played in the entire game or that sometimes we miss things at a game that the highlights show off better

lord bunberry
24-12-2015, 11:37 PM
he reminds me a bit of john rankin, quite a fit wee fella

He's 10 times better than Rankin.

Bronson
25-12-2015, 07:16 PM
I like Fyvie but I thought he was awful against QoS, and I expect a lot more of him should he start on Monday.

sleeping giant
25-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Not enough eyeliner.

aljo7-0
25-12-2015, 08:17 PM
He may not have been great against Queen of the South but after we scored it was him that charged down their attempted punt up the pitch from which we ended up getting a free kick and closing out the game. Wasn't fancy play or possibly that important but after 94 minutes it was another show of great attitude and determination

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Bartley over Fyvie!! I'm glad your not the manager!!

Merry Christmas.

In a game against the Hun at Mordor, yes for me...

And if we get promotion at the end of the season, assuming we keep Mcgeouch and McGinn, I hope we keep Batley rather than Fyvie.

MWHIBBIES
25-12-2015, 08:54 PM

And if we get promotion at the end of the season, assuming we keep Mcgeouch and McGinn, I hope we keep Batley rather than Fyvie.You know Fyvie is 22 right? Letting him go would be insane, he wouldn't only walk into most SPL teams but he'd potentially get them a good fee if he moved on.

Thankfully the club aren't daft when it comes to things like this.

sleeping giant
25-12-2015, 08:57 PM

And if we get promotion at the end of the season, assuming we keep Mcgeouch and McGinn, I hope we keep Batley rather than Fyvie.

Eh naw.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Eh naw.

OK. However, I reckon Fyvies misplaced passes would be punished against the better opposition in the SPFL. Marvin wins ball and passes to the players with the ability to play the killer passes.

He's like a Hibs Sergio Busquets.

sleeping giant
25-12-2015, 09:10 PM
OK. However, I reckon Fyvies misplaced passes would be punished against the better opposition in the SPFL. Marvin wins ball and passes to the players with the ability to play the killer passes.

Good point . Well made . Merry Christmas but I don't agree.
Fyvie for me has the determination we need to flow through the team .

HibbiesandtheBaddies
25-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Good point . Well made . Merry Christmas but I don't agree.
Fyvie for me has the determination we need to flow through the team .

Fair Play.

patlowe
26-12-2015, 01:10 AM
When we've been all out attack trying to grab points against Falkirk and QOTS there's been one guy holding our midfield together and driving us on: Fyvie. Indispensable IMO.

keep the faith
26-12-2015, 12:19 PM

Wow!! Fyvie is way better than Bartley in every department and is going to be a huge player for hibs. Opinions and everything but I couldn't agree any less with your one here.

we are hibs
28-12-2015, 05:37 PM
Woeful. Bartley is a far superior player. The fact some hibs players think he's a good player is worrying.

truehibernian
28-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Woeful. Bartley is a far superior player. The fact some hibs players think he's a good player is worrying.

Ssssshhhhhhh part of a midfield unbeaten in 17 and beaten them and SPL teams this season - real off day, no more, no less, great wee player !

lumbo_hfc
29-12-2015, 10:12 AM

Haha **** sake! Stay off the gear

500miles
29-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Fyvie's decision making lets him down at times, but at 22, that's not all that surprising. He's got the makings of a very good player.

His reaction to the "headbutt" yesterday was embarrassing though, and he can expect a decent suspension.

DH1875
29-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Far from woeful but wouldn't make my starting 11.

keep the faith
29-12-2015, 11:33 AM

Aye right....

Blaster
17-01-2016, 07:00 PM
I thought fyvie played well today. Got caught once in the first half but his passing was much better and work rate excellent

kaimendhibs
17-01-2016, 07:28 PM
I thought fyvie played well today. Got caught once in the first half but his passing was much better and work rate excellent

Never stopped all game. Thought he was candidate for mom

Benny Brazil
17-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Never stopped all game. Thought he was candidate for mom

Agreed - between him and McGeouch for the mom for me.

Blaster
17-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Agreed - between him and McGeouch for the mom for me.

Yes same for me

Allant1981
17-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Didnt think he was that great today, all about opinions i suppose

hfc rd
17-01-2016, 08:38 PM

This. I thought he worked his socks off and never gave up.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 03:23 AM
Really solid performance, we keep the ball much better with him in.

Greenworld
18-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Strange I think he is weeklink along with keatings I would replace these two

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

LancsHibs
18-01-2016, 08:29 AM

My thoughts also on yesterday's showing

Salt N Sauzee
18-01-2016, 08:33 AM

What? You would replace Fyvie? :confused:

It's only 8:33am and I've already read the stupidest thing I'll read all day.

J-C
18-01-2016, 08:37 AM

Its an opinion, I think he's been poor for a while and maybe a bit better yesterday but still unconvincing as far as I'm concerned same goes for Keatings.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 08:45 AM

It's only 8:33am and I've already read the stupidest thing I'll read all day.Fyvie has firmly secured the scapegoat position with some on here and it will take something spectacular to change their (ignorant) opinions. He was really good yesterday and we are clearly better in possession with him playing.

Salt N Sauzee
18-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Its an opinion, I think he's been poor for a while and maybe a bit better yesterday but still unconvincing as far as I'm concerned same goes for Keatings.

So you think because he's had a bad run of games he deserves to be punted? He's improved since he came back from his ban and put in a good performance yesterday. Some fans will just never be happy.

Can't believe folk actually want him punted.

As for Keatings, like all strikers he's had a dip in form. He's scored 7 in 11. Should we punt him too? Maybe we should get Rowan Vine back or James Collins?

Springbank
18-01-2016, 08:53 AM

Harsh

With Fyvie in the team we didn't keep as many clean sheets and with Bartley in there we did
We shift the ball too slowly and predictably with him in.
He was badly steamrollered at ibrox
risk being overrun again by a high energy hearts

Maybe you dont see that or disagree

But we lack intensity and drive in the middle and we were better and tighter with Bartley I felt, the clean sheets came through in Fyvies absence

I thought Fraser needed a rest. There's a player in there but we are only seeing half a player at the moment

allezsauzee
18-01-2016, 08:53 AM
I find it baffling that there are so many people have it decided in their head that Fyvie is going to have a bad game before it even starts. There was one instance at the game yesterday where Fyvie played a perfectly good pass to McGinn, but John was on his heels and never got to it. Suffice to say there was a chorus of 'F off Fyvie' around me. Quite apart from the fact that he is one of our best players, the lad never hides when things aren't going his way and always puts 100% in.

B.H.F.C
18-01-2016, 08:54 AM
Fyvie has firmly secured the scapegoat position with some on here and it will take something spectacular to change their (ignorant) opinions. He was really good yesterday and we are clearly better in possession with him playing.

Fyvie was fine yesterday. Along with McGeough he was the one trying to get after the ball in the first half and play with a bit tempo.

But I don't see how we are clearly better in possession with him in the team. There have been weeks where he can't find a green jersey. Remember ibrox?

hibs0666
18-01-2016, 08:55 AM

Fyvie gets all over the park in a way that Bartley cannot. He is the latest scapegoat though for the hard of thinking.

cabbage_88
18-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Fyvie has firmly secured the scapegoat position with some on here and it will take something spectacular to change their (ignorant) opinions. He was really good yesterday and we are clearly better in possession with him playing.

He has well and truly been made the scapegoat and its embarrassing. People need to give him a break, been good for us most of the season and was a contender for MOTM yesterday. I'll admit that he had went through a sticky patch for the previous 2 or 3 games before yesterday but some folk need to lay off him and try and support him instead of putting the boot in. Hes only 22 for god sake, people honestly need to calm down with their criticism of him. He played about 4 or 5 good balls yesterday, then 1 bad ball and people are off their seats going mental at him. Lets try and support our players instead of making any of them scapegoats!

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Fyvie was fine yesterday. Along with McGeough he was the one trying to get after the ball in the first half and play with a bit tempo.

But I don't see how we are clearly better in possession with him in the team. There have been weeks where he can't find a green jersey. Remember ibrox?So 1 week then?

Thecat23
18-01-2016, 09:01 AM
Thought Fyvie played pretty well yesterday. I've seen him have a few stinkers this season but I'm more than happy to say when I think he's done well.

Covered a lot of ground closing Falkirk down and used the ball a lot better than he has past few games. Good to see him respond like he did and not hide.

James Keatings though needs to work very hard on his game if Stubbs wants to play him in that deeper role though. I like James and rate him, I think he's a box striker myself but he really has to contribute more than that performance yesterday.

Greenworld
18-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Fyvie gets all over the park in a way that Bartley cannot. He is the latest scapegoat though for the hard of thinking.
Ive never thought I was hard ...but to run around like a headless chicken is easy Fyvie has been poor continually giving away the ball....

Libby Hibby
18-01-2016, 09:05 AM
Fyvie, although capable of being poor in games, played well yesterday and against QoS and Falkirk at home in December, McGinn hasn't played well in some time now probably since the Falkirk at home game but can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

We really need all 11 players to be at it from the start of games as in our recent big games 3 or 4 players in starting 11 just don't seem to be at the races. Keatings is another, not kicked a ball since his Paisley hattrick.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2016, 09:10 AM
A lot of folk have made their minds up with Fyvie, he cant win now. McGinn has been poor for weeks but is getting a much easier time.

Why?:confused:

Callum_62
18-01-2016, 09:11 AM
A lot of folk have made their minds up with Fyvie, he cant win now. McGinn has been poor for weeks but is getting a much easier time.

Gingerism

Benny Brazil
18-01-2016, 09:19 AM

Totally agree - Fyvie and McGeouch were good yesterday - but McGinn is a shadow of the player from earlier in the season - maybe needs a rest.

JimBHibees
18-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Totally agree - Fyvie and McGeouch were good yesterday - but McGinn is a shadow of the player from earlier in the season - maybe needs a rest.

Agree with that Fyvie was very good yesterday though he does have the annoying habit of losing the ball in poor areas another in the first half that Falkirk should have done better from.

McGinn has been quiet and was again yesterday only playing in fits and starts, maybe carrying a knock of some sort.

Scooter
18-01-2016, 09:31 AM
i thought he was much better when Henderson came on

J-C
18-01-2016, 09:41 AM
So you think because he's had a bad run of games he deserves to be punted? He's improved since he came back from his ban and put in a good performance yesterday. Some fans will just never be happy.

Can't believe folk actually want him punted.

As for Keatings, like all strikers he's had a dip in form. He's scored 7 in 11. Should we punt him too? Maybe we should get Rowan Vine back or James Collins?

Talk about making up words and putting them in mouths, where exactly did I say punt both players, I said Fyvie has been poor for a good few weeks, he was better yesterday but still unconvinced by him, that means he has to start showing that form more regularly and the same goes for Keatings who has been our poorest players for weeks now.

McGinn has been poor since the death of that young fan, you also have to remember he's still a young lad and maybe he just needs a rest physically and mentally, he looks jaded.

My_Wife_Camille
18-01-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm far from Fyvies biggest fan and I was disappointed to see him start yesterday. I thought he played well though and was our best player along with McGeouch. Keatings has been awful for weeks and has a lot to do to keep his place in the team imo.

B.H.F.C
18-01-2016, 10:12 AM
So 1 week then?

No not one week. Let's hear all your various examples of when he's dominated the middle of the park or controlled the game?

Remember I actually said he did well yesterday. I just don't think we 'clearly' pass the ball better with him in the team as you say.

Salt N Sauzee
18-01-2016, 10:26 AM
Talk about making up words and putting them in mouths, where exactly did I say punt both players, I said Fyvie has been poor for a good few weeks, he was better yesterday but still unconvinced by him, that means he has to start showing that form more regularly and the same goes for Keatings who has been our poorest players for weeks now.

McGinn has been poor since the death of that young fan, you also have to remember he's still a young lad and maybe he just needs a rest physically and mentally, he looks jaded.

It looked to me although you were agreeing with the point I was challenging, hardly putting words in anyone's mouth. Let me ask then, do you think they should be punted? Can we get better players instead? I think we'd struggle to.

Keatings has also gone through a dip but he's scored 7 in 11 in the league. Not the worst return.

McGinn has been poor, correct. But he's only a year younger than Fyvie. So why don't people take into consideration that Fraser is also a young lad and maybe needs a rest physically and mentally as well? Why do people choose to pick on Fyvie but not McGinn? Folk need to give the boys a break and support them rather than slate them when they go through a rough patch. It's embarrassing.

J-C
18-01-2016, 10:46 AM
It looked to me although you were agreeing with the point I was challenging, hardly putting words in anyone's mouth. Let me ask then, do you think they should be punted? Can we get better players instead? I think we'd struggle to.

Keatings has also gone through a dip but he's scored 7 in 11 in the league. Not the worst return.

McGinn has been poor, correct. But he's only a year younger than Fyvie. So why don't people take into consideration that Fraser is also a young lad and maybe needs a rest physically and mentally as well? Why do people choose to pick on Fyvie but not McGinn? Folk need to give the boys a break and support them rather than slate them when they go through a rough patch. It's embarrassing.

I have said on many posts that our midfield is young and inexperienced, McGinn being the only one who has played regular football in the past 2-3 years.

Fyvie is a decent technical player who need to do the basics first, bags of energy and tenacity but his final pass and positioning can let him down. He was a better player with Allan in the side last season as he was allowed to be more dynamic as Allan was doing the passing etc. He's not a holding midfielder but a ball winning one, one of those players that buzz around the midfield being a nuisance of themselves. I noticed Dylan playing deeper yesterday which allowed Fyvie to buzz around, only problem with this is we lose Dylan's directness further up field where he is a better player.

Keatings has been poor for weeks now, yes he had a decent record prior to this, so he's obviously doing something right in training but not in games unfortunately. Yesterday I didn't know if we played the diamond or 3 up top as Keatings did neither, just stood there not chasing down and when the ball came to him he had the touch of an elephant. He needs dropped for a few weeks to make him hungry again, I also wonder if this is the reason Hearts never extended his contract and why he's played most of his career in this division, too many spells of playing poorly, with little bursts of good play every now and then.

Punt them no, can we get better in...yes but maybe not right now, I think they are as good as we can get right now, they've shown they can be good but just not on a regular basis, they need to show it week in week out.

allezsauzee
18-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Gingerism

you might be on to something there. people were quick to out the boot into Liam Craig also :wink:

Shrekko
18-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Keatings is another, not kicked a ball since his Paisley hattrick.
Apart from the 2 he scored in the next game?

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Apart from the 2 he scored in the next game?I love Hibs.net

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2016, 02:32 PM
No not one week. Let's hear all your various examples of when he's dominated the middle of the park or controlled the game?

Remember I actually said he did well yesterday. I just don't think we 'clearly' pass the ball better with him in the team as you say.I didn't he dominates games but even Stevie Wonder could see we keep and pass the ball about better with him in for Bartley.

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2016, 02:41 PM
IMO Bartley should not have been dropped for him coming back in. What does it do to Bartley's confidence that he comes in does really well in both games then gets dropped for a guy who has been off form for a while.

B.H.F.C
18-01-2016, 02:42 PM
I didn't he dominates games but even Stevie Wonder could see we keep and pass the ball about better with him in for Bartley.

Can't say I've noticed that so maybe I'm blinder than old Stevie eh. Care to enlighten me as to all these times we pass the ball much better with him in the team? For me, Fyvie does most of his good work without the ball.

The comparison is always made to Bartley but I don't think anyone has ever said that Bartley can ping passes all over the park. His job is to win the ball and give it to the 'better' players.

Saw you state on another thread that we are 'clearly' a better team with Fyvie in it. What brought you to that conclusion?

southsider
18-01-2016, 02:45 PM
A fit KT at the foot of the diamond, spraying passes with Fyvie to do the running would work INHO.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2016, 03:54 PM

I said that to my mate the other day - I think he built up credit in the bank early doors.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2016, 03:56 PM
IMO Bartley should not have been dropped for him coming back in. What does it do to Bartley's confidence that he comes in does really well in both games then gets dropped for a guy who has been off form for a while.

He's not been off form for a while and Bartley playing well (has he been?) doesn't mean he's playing better than Fyvie.

It's how sport works if someone's better than you they get picked.

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2016, 03:51 AM
Can't say I've noticed that so maybe I'm blinder than old Stevie eh. Care to enlighten me as to all these times we pass the ball much better with him in the team? For me, Fyvie does most of his good work without the ball.

The comparison is always made to Bartley but I don't think anyone has ever said that Bartley can ping passes all over the park. His job is to win the ball and give it to the 'better' players.

Saw you state on another thread that we are 'clearly' a better team with Fyvie in it. What brought you to that conclusion?Actually watching how our midfield interact with the forwards and the defenders with and without him helps, try it for a few games then report back.

Greenworld
19-01-2016, 08:43 AM

Listnen you dafty replace means take out the team and give there position to others...
Did I say sell..punt...no I never.
Fyvie fans need to open there eyes no point in doing the good work only to give the ball away with your next pass which he does a lot.
Keatings I feel sorry for played out of position in my opinion .

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2016, 08:50 AM
The abuse Fyvie is getting (at away matches especially) is shocking.

The fans giving him dogs abuse need to remember he is only 22 years old. This treatment of our own players has to stop as it will only harm the team.

In my opinion McGinn (who I am a big fan off) has ben poor the past 2 or 3 games. Yet he gets the support of the fans - the support Fraser should also be getting.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 08:54 AM

The fans giving him dogs abuse need to remember he is only 22 years old. This treatment of our own players has to stop as it will only harm the team.

In my opinion McGinn (who I am a big fan off) has ben poor the past 2 or 3 games. Yet he gets the support of the fans - the support Fraser should also be getting.

Well said. :top marks

Nutmegged
19-01-2016, 08:57 AM
I felt Fyvie has been poor for a good while now, posted as much before the game in Sevconia but many disagreed rather fiercfully, my opinion hasn't changed, works his socks off and tries his best but his distribution can be awful at the worst possible time.

PPZPOL
19-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Fyvie is a terrific young player. Some people have short memories, we've endured some of the worst midfielders at ER in the last 10-15 years and folk would do well to remember some of them when slating FF.

Get off his back and start backing our team in the run-in.

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2016, 09:03 AM
I felt Fyvie has been poor for a good while now, posted as much before the game in Sevconia but many disagreed rather fiercfully, my opinion hasn't changed, works his socks off and tries his best but his distribution can be awful at the worst possible time.

Opinions on MB' are grand and I have no issue with that - football is all about opinions in the end.

However when it comes to match day we need to back our players ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE OFF FORM.

(BTW I'm not aiming this at you!)

Lets just say the abuse at away matches has not gone unnoticed.

cabbage_88
19-01-2016, 09:05 AM

Completely agree. Disgraceful some of the abuse he's been getting recently. People need to give the guy a break, 22 year old who clearly has ability - as hes proved for us time and time again - and a small sticky patch for a few games and people are going off their heads at him! Honestly, unbelievable.

Nutmegged
19-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Ohh I agree completely RH, we're in a battle for the Title, it'll be nervy and scrappy on many occassions from now until May, support could be key, right now the pressure should all be on Rangers, no need to add extra to our players.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 09:10 AM
We never learn, i remember the abuse Colin Nish used to get and we were in the top league fighting for a European place?

FWIW i thought he was a poor player, but on match day they all deserve to be backed to the hilt by those in attendance.

Greenworld
19-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Fyvie is a terrific young player. Some people have short memories, we've endured some of the worst midfielders at ER in the last 10-15 years and folk would do well to remember some of them when slating FF.

Get off his back and start backing our team in the run-in.
well ive been going for more than 40 years and yes my memory is not as good as I would like...but Fyfie is a workhorse not terrific for if he was he would be somewhere else.
Reallity check is we are playing in the Championship of Scotland he is just ok nothing special a good squad player

Big_Franck
19-01-2016, 09:12 AM

I think that is lost on a lot of fans. Fyvie is 22 and John McGinn is 21 yet McGinn seems to get away with numerous poor performances as he's a 'young boy', 'still learning' etc. etc.

I like Fyvie and although he doesn't play well every week he does always give 100% and he never hides. Regardless of how he's playing he always makes an angle to make himself available to team mates, even when taking the ball means he's going to be instantly under pressure. He's the kind of character we could have done with the year we got relegated.

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2016, 09:16 AM
I think that is lost on a lot of fans. Fyvie is 22 and John McGinn is 21 yet McGinn seems to get away with numerous poor performances as he's a 'young boy', 'still learning' etc. etc.

I like Fyvie and although he doesn't play well every week he does always give 100% and he never hides. Regardless of how he's playing he always makes an angle to make himself available to team mates, even when taking the ball means he's going to be instantly under pressure. He's the kind of character we could have done with the year we got relegated.

Agree totally.

It's sad when his friends and family have decided to stop attending away matches due to his treatment by Hibs fans. These are people who follow him everywhere.

But that's the situation.

HibsNutter
19-01-2016, 09:16 AM
I can't remember the last time our scapegoat was as good as Fraser Fyvie.

Salt N Sauzee
19-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Listnen you dafty replace means take out the team and give there position to others...
Did I say sell..punt...no I never.
Fyvie fans need to open there eyes no point in doing the good work only to give the ball away with your next pass which he does a lot.
Keatings I feel sorry for played out of position in my opinion .

now now precious you don't need to get personal :wink:

I've seen people on here call for Fyvie to get punted. In the context you had written it in it looked to me like you want him gone and replaced by someone new.

And perhaps non "Fyvie Fans" need to open their eyes and realize he's just a young boy who's gone through a rough patch of form and should be supported rather than slated. Just a suggestion though. It might be better just to continuously shout abuse at him whenever he does something wrong, that seems to be working at the moment doesn't it...

bigwheel
19-01-2016, 09:20 AM

that is so true...

This would terrify Joe Keenan :greengrin

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Actually watching how our midfield interact with the forwards and the defenders with and without him helps, try it for a few games then report back.

Ah right you are, I'll be sure to look out for that.

Since you were comparing to Bartley though, it's interesting the results against Rangers and Falkirk with and without him this season. He's played once against each of them. Started against Falkirk in October and played 75 minutes against Rangers at ER and we won both times. In the other 4 games against them he didn't get on the pitch and we dropped points in all 4. Of the 6 games we've dropped points Fyvie has featured in 5 and Bartley in 2. We also beat Aberdeen without both, although Bartley did come on in the closing stages.

Funny thing is my original post actually said Fyvie played pretty well on Sunday. But based on the above, and actually watching the games as you put it, my opinion is that we aren't 'clearly' better with Fyvie in the team.

I'll be sure to look out for how well we 'interact' over the next few weeks and get back to you though. And if Fyvie plays well I'll be the first to say, as I did on Sunday.

easty
19-01-2016, 09:36 AM
I like Fyvie, and I'd have him ahead of Bartley every time, he's not in great form, but if it hadn't been for a few misplaced passes he'd never be getting the grief he is at the moment.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2016, 09:46 AM

:agree: :aok:

erin go bragh
19-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Agree totally.

It's sad when his friends and family have decided to stop attending away matches due to his treatment by Hibs fans. These are people who follow him everywhere.

Sad state of affairs that tbh . Quite embarrassing if true .

GGTTH

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2016, 10:40 AM
now now precious you don't need to get personal :wink:

I've seen people on here call for Fyvie to get punted. In the context you had written it in it looked to me like you want him gone and replaced by someone new.

And perhaps non "Fyvie Fans" need to open their eyes and realize he's just a young boy who's gone through a rough patch of form and should be supported rather than slated. Just a suggestion though. It might be better just to continuously shout abuse at him whenever he does something wrong, that seems to be working at the moment doesn't it...

If he plays badly then he plays badly, at 22 years old he can take critiscm. He's not going to cry to his parents.

I watched my old man play football and on occasions he got pelters, par for the course and didnt stop me going. I played semi pro rugby and on a few occasions played humpty and got abuse from the crowd but i accepted it. I also knew i may get dropped.

People need to wise up and stop babying footballers, at 22 years old they are grown men who could have children, mortgages and a wife.

The only point to consider is the idiots who make the abuse personal.

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2016, 10:46 AM
If he plays badly then he plays badly, at 22 years old he can take critiscm. He's not going to cry to his parents.

I watched my old man play football and on occasions he got pelters, par for the course and didnt stop me going. I played semi pro rugby and on a few occasions played humpty and got abuse from the crowd but i accepted it. I also knew i may get dropped.

People need to wise up and stop babying footballers, at 22 years old they are grown men who could have children, mortgages and a wife.

The only point to consider is the idiots who make the abuse personal.

Don't agree at all.

What good comes from a Hibs supporter shouting abuse at a Hibs player? Other away support back their own players and aim the abuse at the opposition.

Borderhibbie76
19-01-2016, 10:48 AM
well ive been going for more than 40 years and yes my memory is not as good as I would like...but Fyfie is a workhorse not terrific for if he was he would be somewhere else.
Reallity check is we are playing in the Championship of Scotland he is just ok nothing special a good squad player

What absolute nonsense...we have some real quality in our team regardless of division we are in...do u apply this same rule to Stokes, Cummings, Mcginn etc??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
19-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Fyvie has been chosen by some as the "boo boy". It does not stand up to scrutiny. He was far more effective than McGinn on Sunday, in fact McGinn has not performed in a number of weeks. Fyvie has had a number of good 90 minutes this season, and some less so. Why do we need a "victim". It's a horrible element of being a Hibs fan. We always seem to need at least one.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Don't agree at all.

What good comes from a Hibs supporter shouting abuse at a Hibs player? Other away support back their own players and aim the abuse at the opposition.

You're making an issue that isn't there. Our away support has been great of late, although a bit quiet on Sunday, and it's something Stubbs has commented on quite a few times.

Thank god Fyvie isn't a sensitive as others. Because one thing I'll say for him is that even if he's having a bad game he never, ever hides.

hibbypostie
19-01-2016, 11:10 AM
it amazes me but it seem's that there are people who need a player on our own team to hurl abuse at why are you that angry???

keep the faith
19-01-2016, 11:16 AM
You're making an issue that isn't there. Our away support has been great of late, although a bit quiet on Sunday, and it's something Stubbs has commented on quite a few times.

Thank god Fyvie isn't a sensitive as others. Because one thing I'll say for him is that even if he's having a bad game he never, ever hides.

Our home support however can be very negative and that's where I can't see how the continual groaning and criticising of fyvie at games will help him get his form back. He is a very talented young player going through a sticky spell.
Surely we want to encourage and support him at this time??

keep the faith
19-01-2016, 11:17 AM
it amazes me but it seem's that there are people who need a player on our own team to hurl abuse at why are you that angry???

Yep. I am utterly convinced some people around me at games go along just to vent.

Hibs90
19-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Maybe if he found Hibs players with his passé it wouldn't be so bad🙈

hibbypostie
19-01-2016, 11:22 AM
I can't see why anybody would think you can do your job better with someone hurling abuse at you could you?

JimBHibees
19-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Agree totally.

That is quite simply shocking and embarrassing. Football matches really do bring out some of the worst in human behaviour. Thought he was great on Sunday and as someone says he may not always play well however he never hides. Thought he was our best player in the game v Falkirk when we were playing with 10. Some elements of our support at times would be better wearing the opposition scarf at games given how negative they can be towards our own players.

Smartie
19-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Fyvie has balls.

He has the balls to try passes that might not come off, he has balls to try passes that might ultimately lead to us losing a goal (if 5 people behind him don't manage to atone for him giving the ball away) he has balls to get up and support the forwards and risk missing the target with his shots, he has the balls to get stuck into challenges.

It's as if folk want to knock that out of him and turn him into the safe kind of crap we've had for years who are scared of their own shadow and the fear of failure affects everything they do.

He had a good game on Sunday, not a great one but he did fine.

There is a good Michael Jordan quote about his failures and why they make him so good. We need the likes of Fyvie to stand up this season, try to affect games and not be scared.

There is an element of our support who don't deserve to watch better than Joe Keenan every week. Fortunately I think Fyvie's made of tough enough stuff that it'll take more than a few idiots moaning to put him off.

JimBHibees
19-01-2016, 11:28 AM
Fyvie has balls.

He has the balls to try passes that might not come off, he has balls to try passes that might ultimately lead to us losing a goal (if 5 people behind him don't manage to atone for him giving the ball away) he has balls to get up and support the forwards and risk missing the target with his shots, he has the balls to get stuck into challenges.

It's as if folk want to knock that out of him and turn him into the safe kind of crap we've had for years who are scared of their own shadow and the fear of failure affects everything they do.

He had a good game on Sunday, not a great one but he did fine.

There is a good Michael Jordan quote about his failures and why they make him so good. We need the likes of Fyvie to stand up this season, try to affect games and not be scared.

There is an element of our support who don't deserve to watch better than Joe Keenan every week. Fortunately I think Fyvie's made of tough enough stuff that it'll take more than a few idiots moaning to put him off.

Great post.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 11:29 AM
Our home support however can be very negative and that's where I can't see how the continual groaning and criticising of fyvie at games will help him get his form back. He is a very talented young player going through a sticky spell.
Surely we want to encourage and support him at this time??

I still don't think there is as much of an issue as people will have you believe. By and large, I think our support has been pretty encouraging towards the team this year. You'll always get shouts from the crowd, but the way it's made out at times is that the whole support are on his back and abusing him/others for 90 minutes. It may have been the case towards certain players in the past but certainly not this year IMO.

J-C
19-01-2016, 11:29 AM
I think too many people are getting confused with a player being decent and being really good.

Fyvie is a decent young player who has good and bad points in his game, a good work ethic and physically fairly strong, he needs to work on his distribution side of the game. He's still only 22 but tbh at that age he should be showing more than what he is, when asked to play the defensive role, he lacks awareness and passing ability but when given a free role to be a dynamic midfielder with no pressure on him, he excels.

Fyvie needs to cut out the errors and be more consistent.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Fyvie needs to cut out the errors and be more consistent.

The whole team need to do that but only Fyvie seems to get continually pinged for it.

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2016, 12:06 PM
I still don't think there is as much of an issue as people will have you believe. By and large, I think our support has been pretty encouraging towards the team this year. You'll always get shouts from the crowd, but the way it's made out at times is that the whole support are on his back and abusing him/others for 90 minutes. It may have been the case towards certain players in the past but certainly not this year IMO.

Fair point. I do agree the majority back the team.

J-C
19-01-2016, 12:07 PM
The whole team need to do that but only Fyvie seems to get continually pinged for it.

Yea that could be true but unfortunately he was doing it more than most recently, sunday was better and that kind of performance on a regular basis will only help him with the fans.

When the team is winning and playing well, no one sees or remembers mistakes but when we are playing poorly and not winning/winning but scraping results mistakes are more obvious.

easty
19-01-2016, 12:08 PM

:agree:

He's a good passer of the ball, he's made a few diddy passes in recent weeks, but who hasn't?

Waxy
19-01-2016, 12:08 PM
We've mostly been poor in attack this season imo.Only Cummings getting pass marks.This puts pressure on the midfield. Now we have Stokes i reckon will be the key for us.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Yea that could be true but unfortunately he was doing it more than most recently, sunday was better and that kind of performance on a regular basis will only help him with the fans.

When the team is winning and playing well, no one sees or remembers mistakes but when we are playing poorly and not winning/winning but scraping results mistakes are more obvious.

I disagree - folk are looking for it more now. One of the things folk are moaning about is him trying to cover the defences arse at Ibrox - no mention of the defence being posted missing.

Another is that he tried to set us away on a break at Ibrox - how many times was Scott Allan applauded for that even if it didn't come off? Where were the defenders when the pass didn't come off? What should he have done instead?

McGinn's been poor for weeks, Fontaine was all over the shop at times on Sunday. Cummings missed a sitter. Keatings has been missing and Malonga's barely been involved. Stevenson slows everything down with his one sided lack of creativity.

Can we blame Fyvie for all of that as well?

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2016, 03:35 PM
Don't agree at all.

Do you cheer throughout a whole game? Or perhaps when a player misplaces a pass or misses a defensive header.

Of course players will get a bit grief on match days of they do something wrong, it'd take a fairly resolute happy clapper to cheer the whole game and frankly a bit strange.

I think our support are pretty good especially the away support who attend and give everything but players need to toughen up and must be accountable if they have a bad game or bad spell. As fans we can also discuss this as adults.

On match days I would say throughout the majority of the game we are positive but we have to be given something to be positive about by the players. We pay to be entertained. As for the personal stuff, it's got no place and those taking part should be called out.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

keep the faith
19-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Do you cheer throughout a whole game? Or perhaps when a player misplaces a pass or misses a defensive header.

Of course players will get a bit grief on match days of they do something wrong, it'd take a fairly resolute happy clapper to cheer the whole game and frankly a bit strange.

I think our support are pretty good especially the away support who attend and give everything but players need to toughen up and must be accountable if they have a bad game or bad spell. As fans we can also discuss this as adults.

On match days I would say throughout the majority of the game we are positive but we have to be given something to be positive about by the players. We pay to be entertained. As for the personal stuff, it's got no place and those taking part should be called out.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Genuine question mate. You say its ok to shout at the players but not personal stuff. What's the distinction?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 03:48 PM

It appears Fyvie's family have stopped going because of the abuse he's receiving, i'd say thats an issue that needs addressing.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Showing frustration when a pass is misplaced: "f@&k sake" "that was s£&te" "get you finger out yet a**e!"

Personal stuff that forces families to stop attending: anything personal that is not football related? Racism, homophobia, etc? "Why don't you **** off back to Aberdeen where you came from you sheep sh££££g wee p+++k" was something I heard with no footballing relevance?

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Genuine question mate. You say its ok to shout at the players but not personal stuff. What's the distinction?

"AW, FOR ****S SAKE NO AGAIN" doesn't strike me as personal but has been uttered loudly by me on occasion. And not only at Fraser Fyvie. The fact that he held his hand up in apology to his team mates at one such occasion on Sunday suggests to me that Fraser agrees. And I am desperate for him to succeed by the way. He never hides. I know he's a good footballer. I just want him to be perfect all the time.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 03:56 PM
It appears Fyvie's family have stopped going because of the abuse he's receiving, i'd say thats an issue that needs addressing.

Fraser and the club must know where his family are sitting. We rant about rooting out perpetrators. This must be an easy one to address.

ekhibee
19-01-2016, 04:03 PM
I disagree - folk are looking for it more now. One of the things folk are moaning about is him trying to cover the defences arse at Ibrox - no mention of the defence being posted missing.

Another is that he tried to set us away on a break at Ibrox - how many times was Scott Allan applauded for that even if it didn't come off? Where were the defenders when the pass didn't come off? What should he have done instead?

McGinn's been poor for weeks, Fontaine was all over the shop at times on Sunday. Cummings missed a sitter. Keatings has been missing and Malonga's barely been involved. Stevenson slows everything down with his one sided lack of creativity.

Excellent post. Totally agree with all your comments re. the other players. Some people on here usually like a scapegoat, at the moment it's Fyvie.

ancient hibee
19-01-2016, 04:06 PM
It semed to me on Sunday that Fyvie was one of the few players(on the pitch never mind the team)in the first half to demonstrate that this was an important game.

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Ah right you are, I'll be sure to look out for that.

Since you were comparing to Bartley though, it's interesting the results against Rangers and Falkirk with and without him this season. He's played once against each of them. Started against Falkirk in October and played 75 minutes against Rangers at ER and we won both times. In the other 4 games against them he didn't get on the pitch and we dropped points in all 4. Of the 6 games we've dropped points Fyvie has featured in 5 and Bartley in 2. We also beat Aberdeen without both, although Bartley did come on in the closing stages.

Funny thing is my original post actually said Fyvie played pretty well on Sunday. But based on the above, and actually watching the games as you put it, my opinion is that we aren't 'clearly' better with Fyvie in the team.

I'll be sure to look out for how well we 'interact' over the next few weeks and get back to you though. And if Fyvie plays well I'll be the first to say, as I did on Sunday.This just tells me the manager thinks Fyvie is a better player and plays him when it matters.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 04:08 PM

Granted its not a member of my family that is getting stick, but how much abuse has he really received? I can honestly say that, this season, I can't remember the whole support turning on a player or anything along those lines. Criticism and dissatisfaction with performances at times, but nothing that doesn't come with being a footballer.

His family/friends are hardly in a position to moan about the lack of support their son/brother/friend is receiving when they are no longer going along to support him themselves. It certainly doesn't seem to have affected Fraser too much as he still plays the same way he always has in terms of looking for the ball and not hiding.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Granted its not a member of my family that is getting stick, but how much abuse has he really received? I can honestly say that, this season, I can't remember the whole support turning on a player or anything along those lines. Criticism and dissatisfaction with performances at times, but nothing that doesn't come with being a footballer.

His family/friends are hardly in a position to moan about the lack of support their son/brother/friend is receiving when they are no longer going along to support him themselves. It certainly doesn't seem to have affected Fraser too much as he still plays the same way he always has in terms of looking for the ball and not hiding.

Enough for them to stop going, is that not too much?

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 04:11 PM
This just tells me the manager thinks Fyvie is a better player and plays him when it matters.

And it doesn't suggest that Bartley might have had an influence in the big games he has played?

easty
19-01-2016, 04:13 PM
If there were a few hundred folk shouting abuse at me it wouldn't stop my family going along, they'd probably just join in with the abuse. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
19-01-2016, 04:13 PM
No matter how bad a game Fyvie is having, or makes mistakes, one thing is for sure, he never hides, and always wants the ball......He is a team player......

Dashing Bob S
19-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Bullies will always pick on a ginger.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 04:15 PM

Do you know for a fact that they have or are you basing it on one comment on a message board?

Of course we don't know the full facts, something may have happened that is totally out of order that forced them to stop going. But we can't be criticising the Hibs support for not supporting him, if even his own family won't go along and support him.

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 04:21 PM

How do you know of this?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Do you know for a fact that they have or are you basing it on one comment on a message board?

Of course we don't know the full facts, something may have happened that is totally out of order that forced them to stop going. But we can't be criticising the Hibs support for not supporting him, if even his own family won't go along and support him.

How do you know of this?

Someone who knows him posted it on here, if its not true then i will hold my hands up and agree 100% and join in the abuse the next time i'm at the semi final.

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2016, 04:35 PM
And it doesn't suggest that Bartley might have had an influence in the big games he has played?Sample size is far too small to conclude that tbh, could just as easily be to do with the other 10 players on the park.

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Sample size is far too small to conclude that tbh, could just as easily be to do with the other 10 players on the park.

What was your sample size when you said that we were 'clearly' a better team with Fyvie in it?

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Someone who knows him posted it on here, if its not true then i will hold my hands up and agree 100% and join in the abuse the next time i'm at the semi final.

You better not seen as you're in the posh seats for that one.

Pete
19-01-2016, 04:47 PM

I think the default mentality for a football fan should be to cheer at the good stuff and encourage the team when things aren't going well. Call me strange but that's what I try and do.

Depressingly it's got to the stage where the majority of people are paying big money, plonking down expecting value and criticising when they feel they are being short changed.

keep the faith
19-01-2016, 04:51 PM
I think the default mentality for a football fan should be to cheer at the good stuff and encourage the team when things aren't going well. Call me strange but that's what I try and do.

Depressingly it's got to the stage where the majority of people are paying big money, plonking down expecting value and criticising when they feel they are being short changed.

Your spot on there.

Stevie Reid
19-01-2016, 04:52 PM
No matter how bad a game Fyvie is having, or makes mistakes, one thing is for sure, he never hides, and always wants the ball......He is a team player......

Correct :agree:

Iggy Pope
19-01-2016, 05:12 PM

That's all very good my friend and I enjoy most of the time how you perpetuate your non-attendance and why. Sympathise largely.
In this case, you've just repeated what someone else has said and that's a bit ***** for you as you clearly have heard none of it. Even Hibby boo boys noise doesn't reach the ****ty wastes of the M55.

At least you'll not need to worry about queueing at Central for a ticket to Mount Florida for this semi though. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 05:22 PM
You better not seen as you're in the posh seats for that one.

Which should give me more reason to boo him, or any of the others. :wink:

J-C
19-01-2016, 05:28 PM

This is a thread re Fyvie, if you feel other players have played badly and deserve critisism, them why don't you go away and start a thread about those players.

The Rangers game everyone except Cummings were rank rotten, on that day though Fyvie was more rotten than others, that was the 3rd game in a row that I'd watched him in midfield having a stinker, thankfully he got banned for 2 games as he would've been dropped anyway. He was better on sunday, not brilliant but a lot better, lets hope he keeps that form up.

As for other players...Keating shouldn't be starting, rotten for weeks, McGinn hasn't hit the heights of previous weeks and maybe he's in need of a rest, Fontaine has been better but not as bad as you're making out and after a wee rest Henderson came back to his better game on sunday after he too looked tired.

Unfortunately we have a young midfield who will make mistakes and are also looking tired mentally as well as physically, time for a rest with some of them.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 05:31 PM
This is a thread re Fyvie, if you feel other players have played badly and deserve critisism, them why don't you go away and start a thread about those players.

The Rangers game everyone except Cummings were rank rotten, on that day though Fyvie was more rotten than others, that was the 3rd game in a row that I'd watched him in midfield having a stinker, thankfully he got banned for 2 games as he would've been dropped anyway. He was better on sunday, not brilliant but a lot better, lets hope he keeps that form up.

As for other players...Keating shouldn't be starting, rotten for weeks, McGinn hasn't hit the heights of previous weeks and maybe he's in need of a rest, Fontaine has been better but not as bad as you're making out and after a wee rest Henderson came back to his better game on sunday after he too looked tired.

Unfortunately we have a young midfield who will make mistakes and are also looking tired mentally as well as physically, time for a rest with some of them.

There's a few i'd rest in that team before Fyvie after Sundays performances.

BSEJVT
19-01-2016, 05:42 PM
We never learn, i remember the abuse Colin Nish used to get and we were in the top league fighting for a European place?

FWIW i thought he was a poor player, but on match day they all deserve to be backed to the hilt by those in attendance.

Its the Hibs way though and probably the way of most football teams

Some supporters either make or latch onto other peoples judgements of players (empty vessels make the most noise) and said player could be brilliant when they already been identified as rubbish or crap when they have already been identified as brilliant and that wouldn't change their opinion of the player one iota.

This by the way isn't a recent phenomenon, i remember way back to my very early days as a boy supporter, folk disagreeing to the point of near fisticuffs about the relative merits or otherwise of various players.

With not trying a leg or pulling out of tackles the only two exceptions, the only guy IMO who ever deserves to be criticised over a players performance is the guy that picks him.

My limited experience as a sportsman and 40 odd years of watching Hibs leads me to believe that by a huge margin most of them try their absolute best.

Some days it works, other days ......

The very minimum those present should do is support the team on the park.

Those that have ever played sport at any level know how much a little encouragement helps.

Conversely, its very easy to fail further when folk are on your case in any walk of life.

FitbaFolkKen
19-01-2016, 07:12 PM
It semed to me on Sunday that Fyvie was one of the few players(on the pitch never mind the team)in the first half to demonstrate that this was an important game.

I thought Fyvie played pretty well on Sunday, I like the fact that he just picks himself up and keeps battling. He is a good player who makes mistakes, i don't understand why there always has to be a scapegoat at ER.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2016, 07:33 PM

It's very much a happy medium with the entertainment thing, if I'm paying money for entertainment which in this case is football I expect that the 11 players from my team try their very best in every game. If they do that I am generally happy but I can't hide my disappointment if they all try their best and lose or even misplace a pass for example.

In my job I set myself high standards and I'm the same in the sport I choose to do. When I ****** up I'm quick to get annoyed with myself but I guess that is an individual thing. If I'd thrown a miss pass in rugby and it had been intercepted leading to a try if expect pelters from the crowd and a few harsh words in the bar after. If my family heard those remarks I'm sure they would have understood.

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2016, 07:39 PM
I thought Fyvie played pretty well on Sunday, I like the fact that he just picks himself up and keeps battling. He is a good player who makes mistakes, i don't understand why there always has to be a scapegoat at ER.

There doesn't always have to be a scapegoat as you put it.

In every team sport people will have a perception as to where a weak link is. In team sports this is unavoidable unless your team never loses.

SunshineOnLeith
19-01-2016, 08:04 PM
Setting aside Fyvie's performances (I think he's one of our best players but accept other people have differing opinions etc), can anyone answer a more general question about attending football matches?

There's an (extremely) vocal minority of Hibs fans that at any game, without fail, spit venom at one or more Hibs players, screaming at the top of their lungs until they're red in the face and visibly shaking with rage. What on Earth do these people get out of attending football matches? They clearly don't enjoy it, and it's a pretty expensive way to get an outlet for any pent up frustration from the rest of your life!

I don't think Hibs fans are necessarily any better or worse than other teams' fans for this, however we only notice it among our own support because, well, we support Hibs.

FitbaFolkKen
19-01-2016, 08:15 PM
There doesn't always have to be a scapegoat as you put it.

In every team sport people will have a perception as to where a weak link is. In team sports this is unavoidable unless your team never loses.

Having a weak link is different than scapegoat is absolutely correct, at what point do we cross that line? I would suggest if Fyvies family are not comfortable attending matches that would suggest scapegoat as opposed to people identifying a weak link that could be improved?

Go as far back as someone like Super Joe Tortolano, Makalambay, Zibbi etc... and we have always had scapegoats that get abuse when things don't go well. By and large these are confidence players and tend to retreat into their shell, Fyvie is different in that he never hides.

I'm not saying that these players didn't make mistakes but certainly the abuse dished out from some of our own wouldn't have helped and it seems we always have someone ni the team that is the target of our own fans. That should be the oppositions job identifying weak links and putting pressure on them.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2016, 08:46 PM

I was talking about Fyvie and comparing the abuse he gets compared to others for making mistakes - which they all do.

Some seem to be protected though.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I was talking about Fyvie and comparing the abuse he gets compared to others for making mistakes - which they all do.

:agree: Christ imagine if we were not winning most weeks?

Dinkydoo
19-01-2016, 09:09 PM
I thought Fyvie was one of our better players on Sunday. Looked to attack with the ball every time he had it. Sometimes I really do wonder what game people are watching when these threads pop up

Edit: Not meant as a pop at the OP, just some of the subsequent contributions

NorthNorfolkHFC
19-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Having a weak link is different than scapegoat is absolutely correct, at what point do we cross that line? I would suggest if Fyvies family are not comfortable attending matches that would suggest scapegoat as opposed to people identifying a weak link that could be improved?

Go as far back as someone like Super Joe Tortolano, Makalambay, Zibbi etc... and we have always had scapegoats that get abuse when things don't go well. By and large these are confidence players and tend to retreat into their shell, Fyvie is different in that he never hides.

I'm not saying that these players didn't make mistakes but certainly the abuse dished out from some of our own wouldn't have helped and it seems we always have someone ni the team that is the target of our own fans. That should be the oppositions job identifying weak links and putting pressure on them.

I think there is a bit too much to be read into this.

Basically we have a support and a certain percentage agree Fyvie hasn't been that great lately. There will be another percentage who think otherwise and may think John McGinn has underperformed.

It doesn't make the majority correct but it's always going to be a point of discussion and debate. Crossing the line is personal abuse as far as I'm concerned.

Fraser Fyvie is a very well paid young man and as a footballer in an entertainment industry should be aware of the abuse he may receive (I'm not advocating it). It's the same as tv stars or musicians getting hate mail or sexually explicit mail etc. It comes with the territory.

fulshie
19-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Fyvie lost possession once that I saw on Sunday but apart from that he had a pretty decent game. I have to question Stubbs starting line up and ask why he didn't play his best players that are available. Why was Keatings playing in front of Henderson for eg. Falkirk are challenging so therefore we should play our best players particularly away from home.

eastmainsmsh
19-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if bid comes in for fyvie

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2016, 09:54 PM
What was your sample size when you said that we were 'clearly' a better team with Fyvie in it?A year worth of watching him?

B.H.F.C
19-01-2016, 10:07 PM
A year worth of watching him?

I think we'll need to agree to disagree on this one. I mustn't 'actually watch' the game as you alluded to earlier.

Interesting that you can say we are 'clearly better' with him in the team despite the fact that results don't show any major improvement when he plays though?

Again, I've not been slating Fyvie, merely disagreeing with your point that he clearly makes us better.

matty_f
19-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Fyvie was good at the weekend. He's a good player.

Libby Hibby
19-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Fyvie is a good player but he's no Pat McGinlay

matty_f
19-01-2016, 10:26 PM

Can't argue with that, to be fair. :agree:

J-C
20-01-2016, 08:59 AM

I don't give abuse to players I don't feel the need to and it doesn't work, I will though say it like I see it and if a player is playing badly I will say so, unfortunately Fyvie's last few games before sunday were poor and he deserved the criticism, he was better at the weekend and many have said that.

As I said, if you aint happy about other players start a thread about them and let people put their views down.

J-C
20-01-2016, 09:04 AM
Fyvie lost possession once that I saw on Sunday but apart from that he had a pretty decent game. I have to question Stubbs starting line up and ask why he didn't play his best players that are available. Why was Keatings playing in front of Henderson for eg. Falkirk are challenging so therefore we should play our best players particularly away from home.

Henderson did look pretty jaded the few games prior to sunday and I can see why he was given a rest but to play Keatings at the tip again when he was so dire the game before was a shocker. I don't see why you can't play Fyvie and Bartley together, two different players, Fyvie is dynamic and a wee bulldog type and Bartley more composed and does the basics. Bartley at the base, Fyvie and McGinn either side with McGeouch at the tip would've worked well.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2016, 10:53 AM
I don't give abuse to players I don't feel the need to and it doesn't work, I will though say it like I see it and if a player is playing badly I will say so, unfortunately Fyvie's last few games before sunday were poor and he deserved the criticism, he was better at the weekend and many have said that.

As I said, if you aint happy about other players start a thread about them and let people put their views down.

You're definitely not grasping my point. I hope others understand what I'm saying.

J-C
20-01-2016, 03:04 PM
You're definitely not grasping my point. I hope others understand what I'm saying.

I get what you're saying, you feel people are picking on Fyvie too much and there are others making mistakes who are not being targeted.

fulshie
20-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Henderson did look pretty jaded the few games prior to sunday and I can see why he was given a rest but to play Keatings at the tip again when he was so dire the game before was a shocker. I don't see why you can't play Fyvie and Bartley together, two different players, Fyvie is dynamic and a wee bulldog type and Bartley more composed and does the basics. Bartley at the base, Fyvie and McGinn either side with McGeouch at the tip would've worked well.Agree. That line up would've been better than the one with keatings in it on Sat.:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2016, 09:08 PM
I get what you're saying, you feel people are picking on Fyvie too much and there are others making mistakes who are not being targeted.

Some players only get the last 90 minutes. Others are allowed the perspective of the season so far or even longer.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2016, 09:14 PM

Targeted is the wrong word for what I want to happen.

A bit of balance and constructive criticism only would be good though.

Big L
20-01-2016, 10:49 PM
Fyvie broke in to the Aberdeen team as a left sided attacking mid fielder, thats what attracted Wigan to spend money on him. It was AS that changed him in to a holding mid and he doesn't have the defensive attrbutes required for that role. This is just a case of AS accomodating a talented player just as he has done with Keatings playing at the point of the midfield diamond, both of which have failed, don't blame the players. Play Fyvie in his best poisition and watch him go, same with Keatings, he is a striker!!

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Fyvie broke in to the Aberdeen team as a left sided attacking mid fielder, thats what attracted Wigan to spend money on him. It was AS that changed him in to a holding mid and he doesn't have the defensive attrbutes required for that role. This is just a case of AS accomodating a talented player just as he has done with Keatings playing at the point of the midfield diamond, both of which have failed, don't blame the players. Play Fyvie in his best poisition and watch him go, same with Keatings, he is a striker!!He played center mid at Wigan as well and it hasn't failed at all, he is good at that role.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2016, 11:01 PM
He played center mid at Wigan as well and it hasn't failed at all, he is good at that role.

Is he even playing defensive mid? Mcgeough was at the "base of he diamond" on Sunday.

He does do a lot of running and covering the defence though so maybe that's where the perception comes from.

3pm
20-01-2016, 11:04 PM

Good! :greengrin

Big L
20-01-2016, 11:47 PM
He played center mid at Wigan as well and it hasn't failed at all, he is good at that role.

How many times did he play for Wigan? Do you remember his game at Ibrox and his ball for Stevensons goal, he didn't play a holding role then and he was excellent IMO. The mid field diamond should be McGinn holding he's right for it with McGeough on the right Fyvie on the left and Henderson at the front behind Cummings and Stokes IMO

J-C
21-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Fyvie broke in to the Aberdeen team as a left sided attacking mid fielder, thats what attracted Wigan to spend money on him. It was AS that changed him in to a holding mid and he doesn't have the defensive attrbutes required for that role. This is just a case of AS accomodating a talented player just as he has done with Keatings playing at the point of the midfield diamond, both of which have failed, don't blame the players. Play Fyvie in his best poisition and watch him go, same with Keatings, he is a striker!!

Last year we had Robertson playing the defensive role which allowed Fyvie, McGeouch and Allan to interchange in midfield and one of the reasons we all wanted Fyvie and McGeouch to be signed permanently. Play him as one of the 2 in front of the DM and he'll be a lot better.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Credit where credit is due.

Fraser had a great game today, his touch and closing down were a big improvement on previous games.

Hopefully he continues this from into next week. Well done.

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Credit where credit is due.

Fraser had a great game today, his touch and closing down were a big improvement on previous games.

Hopefully he continues this from into next week. Well done.

it was him or Henderson for man of the match, everything through the middle went through him.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Henderson has been coming onto a game for weeks. Deserved to start and took his chance.
It was a shame they scored on half time as it could have been 4 or 5 today.

thebakerboy
23-01-2016, 06:34 PM
As someone who has been critical of Fyvie in recent weeks, I take great pleasure in saying he was much better today and along with Henderson and McGinn ran the midfield today with a very much improved performance.

coldingham hibs
23-01-2016, 06:34 PM
I find it hard to believe Fyvie is criticised so much and on a weekly basis. In my opinion he is a great player who we are lucky to have.

Bartley on the other hand ...........🤔

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Fyvie is a very good player, if he is our scapegoat these days then we must have a very good team. :thumbsup:

greenlex
23-01-2016, 06:38 PM
I couldn't pick a man if the match today. Couldn't pick one from Fyvie Henderson or Hanlon.

hfc rd
23-01-2016, 07:45 PM
I guess it may just be a Hibs thing that we need to have a scapegoat at all times but I'm really puzzled as to how it's Fraser Fyvie? He's a great wee player who always gives his all and never gives up. Again today, fantastic performance.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2016, 07:47 PM
I guess it may just be a Hibs thing that we need to have a scapegoat at all times but I'm really puzzled as to how it's Fraser Fyvie? He's a great wee player who always gives his all and never gives up. Again today, fantastic performance.

I think if there are folk out there that think he's hopeless they should give up football and watch another sport they might understand.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2016, 08:37 PM
I think if there are folk out there that think he's hopeless they should give up football and watch another sport they might understand.

:tee hee:

Thecat23
23-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Fyvie played well today, I think playing with a bit more freedom helped him as Bartley sat in and done the dirty work.

J-C
23-01-2016, 09:33 PM
Last year we had Robertson playing the defensive role which allowed Fyvie, McGeouch and Allan to interchange in midfield and one of the reasons we all wanted Fyvie and McGeouch to be signed permanently. Play him as one of the 2 in front of the DM and he'll be a lot better.

Fyvie played well today, I think playing with a bit more freedom helped him as Bartley sat in and done the dirty work.

Do I get a medal for getting this right :greengrin

matty_f
23-01-2016, 09:43 PM
100% agree.

He's quality, never hides, and always looks to make things happen. If folk can't see what he brings to the team they're as well calling it a day with football.

AlbertK86
23-01-2016, 09:51 PM
I couldn't pick a man if the match today. Couldn't pick one from Fyvie Henderson or Hanlon.

Agree all three were outstanding today.

Absolute belter of a tackle from PH out on the east touch line first half

lord bunberry
23-01-2016, 10:09 PM
I think its racism against gingers

truehibernian
23-01-2016, 10:12 PM
I think its racism against gingers

Seen his missus ? For a ginge he's fighting heavyweight lol !