PDA

View Full Version : Pre match drinks in Glasgow on 28th dec

the pie eater
24-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Is anyone meeting up or fancy meeting up in Glasgow prior to going through to Ibox.
I will arrive into Central around 11.16. If no train delays.

:flag:

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Has anyone got any ideas of where Hibs fans can safely booze in colours (potentially with two rangers fans)?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Since1875Hibs
24-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Has anyone got any ideas of where Hibs fans can safely booze in colours (potentially with two rangers fans)?

Nowhere in Glasgow.

Pretty Boy
24-12-2015, 11:24 AM

Not sure about with Rangers fans but I've had a drink in the Horseshoe pre Celtic (v Hibs obviously) games in colours before and never had a problem.

Best bet is probably just scarf off, keep jacket on though.

Hibernian Verse
24-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the replies gents

Frazerbob
24-12-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm going undercover to meet a couple of mates in the Louden Tavern, should be interesting!

SausageSurprise
24-12-2015, 12:41 PM

The counting house on George Square. Theres always colours in their from both sides whoever the opposition may be, be it the real Rangers, Celtic or the Tribute act

Salt N Sauzee
24-12-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm going undercover to meet a couple of mates in the Louden Tavern, should be interesting!

Are you mental!? :no way:

lyonhibs
24-12-2015, 04:32 PM

Have you lost the ****ing plot?? I'd say "have fun" but you, errrr, won't.

Frazerbob
24-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Have you lost the ****ing plot?? I'd say "have fun" but you, errrr, won't.

Been in before on a Hun match day and it's actually not that bad. Absolutely no sectarian singing is allowed believe it or not. Without exaggeration, you get far worse songs in The Roseburn on Derby Day. Obviously can't have any green on show though!

lyonhibs
25-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Been in before on a Hun match day and it's actually not that bad. Absolutely no sectarian singing is allowed believe it or not. Without exaggeration, you get far worse songs in The Roseburn on Derby Day. Obviously can't have any green on show though!

Really?? That's a recent invention then. Had reasonable Gers mates that went in there maybe 7-8 years ago and they said it was "fruity", shall we say.

Nutmegged
26-12-2015, 07:40 AM
There is two Loudons though, the one in Duke Street is absolutely crazy, the whole roll of honour strip on Duke Street is on bug game days, the Loudon over at Ibrox is far more controlled

HH81
26-12-2015, 08:23 AM
With all the rain last two days will train get you through the pie eater?

Sky news just sent app message about floods in Lancashire.

HUTCHYHIBBY
26-12-2015, 09:48 AM
Quite a few games off in the NW of England today, Blackburn, Blackpool, Rochdale & Wigan amongst them. Dundee U & Raith games amongst postponements up here too.

ian cruise
26-12-2015, 10:27 AM

Tried that, regretted it. It's a horrible experience.

Keith_M
26-12-2015, 10:43 AM
If you go for a drink in town before the game, you'll get no hassle.

The tales of aggro in Glasgow are completely exaggerated (outside of obviously Ranger oriented bars)

lyonhibs
26-12-2015, 11:53 AM

The tales of aggro in Glasgow are completely exaggerated (outside of obviously Ranger oriented bars)

Bang on. Never had any trouble, even with a scarf on. Behave sensibly and you'll be fine in the centre.

the pie eater
26-12-2015, 01:38 PM
With all the rain last two days will train get you through the pie eater?

Sky news just sent app message about floods in Lancashire.

Keeping an eye on things. Could be a problem with all this rain.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2015, 06:43 PM
I find that when I am out in the weej, there are pubs that I would not go into. When I am there for the football, I apply the same rules and have not had any bother.

Dashing Bob S
26-12-2015, 06:59 PM

My experience too. Have regularly met up there down the years.

Albanian Hibs
26-12-2015, 07:00 PM
We are staying at springfield quay for the night so will be having a drink and a bite to eat there before the game. Will def not be drinking in any huns bars like we did after the game in feb.

Nakedmanoncrack
26-12-2015, 10:05 PM

Spot on, some real cowards around. Glasgow is a great city, with loads of good pubs, you can drink where you like within reason - usual haunts in Hope Street prematch for me.