PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk joint second on Tuesday

Fishwicke
23-12-2015, 09:47 PM
With home games against Dumbarton and Livingston on Saturday and Tuesday, What chance Falkirk having 41 points by Tuesday? The losers of our game would still be on 41 points too.

Onceinawhile
23-12-2015, 09:50 PM
You need to sort your autocorrect. Rangers comes up as 'the losers'

Forza Fred
23-12-2015, 09:53 PM
With home games against Dumbarton and Livingston on Saturday and Tuesday, What chance Falkirk having 41 points by Tuesday? The losers of our game would still be on 41 points too.

Haven't looked at the points on the table but I did post a few weeks ago along the lines that our dismissive ness of Falkirk was akin to the Huns dismissive ness of us, and that we were in danger of matching their arrogance in this regard.

Whomever....us or Sevco who misses out on top spot,will have one almighty tussle coming up in the play offs.

Say what one likes, but the Bairns have played the only two teams above them in recent weeks, and came away unbeaten.

Fishwicke
Correct.

MWHIBBIES
Falkirk could easily lose at least one of those games, two games in 3 days isn't easy for anyone.

WeeRussell
You need to sort your autocorrect. Rangers comes up as 'the losers'
:top marks

Bostonhibby
23-12-2015, 09:57 PM
So after we sort the thes out next week we really need them to raise their game the next time they face Falkirk?

Hope I am reading this one correctly.

Gordy M
23-12-2015, 10:12 PM
I work with a couple of falkirk fans, they expect falkirk to fall away as their squad isnt that big and if injuries/suspensions kick in they might struggle. Im sure the same happened last year and we ended up 10 or 11 clear of them?

Sir David Gray
23-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Haven't looked at the points on the table but I did post a few weeks ago along the lines that our dismissive ness of Falkirk was akin to the Huns dismissive ness of us, and that we were in danger of matching their arrogance in this regard.

Whomever....us or Sevco who misses out on top spot,will have one almighty tussle coming up in the play offs.

Say what one likes, but the Bairns have played the only two teams above them in recent weeks, and came away unbeaten.

Falkirk are easily the third best side in the Championship but they won't finish higher than either us or Sevco over 36 games.

Steve20
24-12-2015, 07:12 AM
Falkirk could easily lose at least one of those games, two games in 3 days isn't easy for anyone.

They've only lost twice all season (once to us and once to Rangers). I don't see them having a problem dealing with Dumbarton or Livi at home.

HibbyKeith
24-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Falkirk are easily the third best side in the Championship but they won't finish higher than either us or Sevco over 36 games.

Halfway through the season and they're still right on our tails. It would be foolish to be so dismissive IMO.

From what I've seen from falkirk they play decent football and while we won on our last visit to the falkirk stadium I was far from convinced about our superiority over them. They were unlucky not to take something from that game.

A big factor on where their challenge will be the transfer window. If they lose a couple of players then I don't see them sustaining a challenge but if they can keep their team together and add a player or two then we're in for a real fight to the finish.

Geo_1875
24-12-2015, 10:05 AM
And if we draw at Ipox your thread titles is *****.

Sammy7nil
24-12-2015, 10:11 AM
They've only lost twice all season (once to us and once to Rangers). I don't see them having a problem dealing with Dumbarton or Livi at home.

I don't think they will win both games I think there will be at least one draw in there

Vini1875
24-12-2015, 12:19 PM
It would be hilarious if after all the talk about the huns running away with the league that come Tuesday they were level on points with Falkirk. We have to be top of our game for Monday. Still going to be many twists and turns before May.

FromTheCapital
24-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Falkirk will finish 3rd, no higher.

Very talented players there who can cause any teams problems such as, Vaulks, Alston, Sibbald and Baird but when they get some injuries or suspensions then they will start to struggle.

They'll drop more points than both us and Rangers. Don't underestimate them though as they are a good side but they don't have squads anywhere near as good as ours or that of them over in Govan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
24-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Falkirk won't win the league, but prob have a say who does.

Since the Huns won the league in November and merely preparing themselves for the Premiership and Euro millions, they've been typically arrogant and dismissive of every other team in the Champ - and that arrogance is what's messing with their heads now. They just cannot help it, so when they come up against decent clubs like Falkirk they get found out for what they are, no more than an above average Championship side. IMO, this is why Hibs have a decent chance of winning the league. Stubbs seems to have found a way of driving the guys on against all opposition - the type which Hibs has invariably come unstuck against.

GreenArmyyy!
24-12-2015, 02:09 PM
No idea why we haven't gone in for Sibbald as of yet, he is a huge influence in that team.

B.H.F.C
24-12-2015, 02:41 PM
No idea why we haven't gone in for Sibbald as of yet, he is a huge influence in that team.

I think we have better midfield players than him. And they'd want a few quid.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Halfway through the season and they're still right on our tails. It would be foolish to be so dismissive IMO.

From what I've seen from falkirk they play decent football and while we won on our last visit to the falkirk stadium I was far from convinced about our superiority over them. They were unlucky not to take something from that game.

A big factor on where their challenge will be the transfer window. If they lose a couple of players then I don't see them sustaining a challenge but if they can keep their team together and add a player or two then we're in for a real fight to the finish.

Yep they have done well so far and they are a bit closer than I thought they would be at this stage but I still expect them to finish around 10 points behind whoever finishes second.

scoopyboy
24-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Why are they playing a game on Tuesday?

green day
24-12-2015, 06:30 PM

Thought he was mince against us the other week - should have grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck against 10 men - think he had a good season or two, but wouldnt swap him for one of ours.

Franck Stanton
24-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Does it really matter ? If we don't win the league and we end up 2nd or even 3rd at worst, we will still have the same scenario where we have to beat [probably Falkirk] in the play-off prior to facing 11th in SPL. Just have to ensure we win this crappy league then wont we. :wink: