View Full Version : Chris Dagnall

23-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Signs from the karala blasters.

Striker, subject to international clearance...
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5990

23-12-2015, 02:36 PM
cool, were we linked with him?

EDIT - turns out we've signed him too....

23-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Signs from the karala blasters.

Striker, subject to international clearance...
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5990

An amazing signing. Back to be .

23-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Don't know a thing about him so will be interesting to see what he offers.

23-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Football manager? Good stats on wiki

Stuarty27
23-12-2015, 02:46 PM
scored 1 goal every 4 games in the lower leagues in England...

We would be pissing ourselves if Rangers signed him

23-12-2015, 02:48 PM
Don't know a thing about him so will be interesting to see what he offers.

Skilful and can score a goal quite small 5 8 prob replacement for Feruz. Can remember watching him in a couple of games on TV when at Orient.

QMU-1875
23-12-2015, 02:48 PM

Solid stats on FIFA, top goalscorer at Leyton Orient when Marvin Bartley was there. Look forward to seeing how the lad gets on, got a decent feeling about him!

23-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Farid or Anier out the door then

Or maybe both?

23-12-2015, 02:50 PM

Lower leagues in England is a better level than the league we are playing in.

23-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Solid stats on FIFA, top goalscorer at Leyton Orient when Marvin Bartley was there. Look forward to seeing how the lad gets on, got a decent feeling about him!

Talented player IMO.

23-12-2015, 02:51 PM

How does Malongas goal scoring record look before he came here?

Off the bar
23-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Welcome aboard Chris.

Cabbage Lad
23-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Anyone remember when we signed David Gray? How did that turn out?

23-12-2015, 03:03 PM
Sergey will have a field day. :greengrin

portyhibernian
23-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Stubbs hasn't really signed any duds so I trust his judgement.

23-12-2015, 03:05 PM

But they didn't, we did. How about giving the guy a chance before dissing him?

23-12-2015, 03:45 PM

We laughed when they signed Waghorn and Tavernier to be fair, and they've done well at this level.

23-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Is he fit and available to play in January?

23-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Farid or Anier out the door then

Or maybe both?

Mixu has already suggested he's recalling Anier and Feruz has had so little game time there have been suggestions that either he or Chelsea may end the loan as it benefits neither of them.

Not seeing the connection with Farid though.
He's contracted to the club and looks (the alleged incident with Lyle aside) to be a good influence on the dressing room.

23-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Feruz days could be up now I think.

23-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Is he fit and available to play in January?

And that is the key question.

23-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Seen him a few times and was a very nippy forward IIRC.

Will offer a lot more than Feruz and won't be surprised to see him return back down South.

Still think we will see another defender and striker at least come in during the January window.

23-12-2015, 03:59 PM
Feruz days could be up now I think.

Daylight hardly broke for him in all fairness !

Nutmegged
23-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Stats seem decent, has a goal in him but from reading about him hes a wee tenacious harrier who'll work his socks off and chase every ball, thats the kind of forwards we have in Jase and Keating's... If he was a replacement for Anier I'd have imagined he'd have a far greater physical presence.

StevieBoyKdy
23-12-2015, 04:02 PM
This one certainly sprung up from nowhere. Is this the guy that is ready to step on the 2nd then?
Hope that means the end for feruz, can see anier being recalled sadly and el alagui I've just gave up hoping he'll ever be available.

23-12-2015, 04:04 PM

Have you seen him?

Jonnyboy and LancashireHibby have and speak well of him.

Stubbs obviously rates him as well. Maybe give the guy a chance before you write him off?

23-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Can't say I know anything about the lad, but trust Stubbs 100%. If he thinks he'll bring something to the team then I'm more than happy.

23-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Daylight hardly broke for him in all fairness !

I agree, really wanted to see more of him if I'm honest. Everyone including the coaching staff were looking forward to him coming once we knew he'd be heading up.

Sadly just hasn't worked out. The run we are on hasn't helped his chances but that's not a bad thing as its about winning. But overall I think there is a player there.

23-12-2015, 04:14 PM

That's the spirit.

23-12-2015, 04:18 PM

Full of positives you, eh?

23-12-2015, 04:24 PM

We would be pissing ourselves if Rangers signed himCould also say he has the most experience and career goals of all our strikers (aside from Farid maybe). Stats are a lot of *****. We'll see how good he is when he plays.

23-12-2015, 04:29 PM
We need to realise that in general terms Scottish League 2nd Div is nae great shakes (Theres only one good team in it). If he turns up I'm confident he'll do just fine.

23-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Sergey will have a field day. :greengrin

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illustrateur-en-5dbbb51d6e4e5d76d023f8813dc49f24.html

23-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Trust Stubbs' judgement. Reckon be could be good for Jason to learn from.

23-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Wow!

Boys not even played and he's getting slated.

Give him a chance FFS.

and get a grip.

Adds competition

Trust Stubbs. Folk will no be complaining if he scores the winner on Monday!!

23-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Never heard of this guy. ...wheres the big name signing

23-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Welcome to ER, Chris, all the very best

Black Kyle
23-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Used to watch him play up front with ALF at Rochdale - knows where the net is, bit like John of the Robertson variety. Welcome Chris.

23-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Welcome to Hibs Chris

23-12-2015, 04:47 PM

Wait till Jan I'm sure you'll find out!

23-12-2015, 04:56 PM

There's already another thread dedicated to that...called Leon Osman :faf:

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-12-2015, 04:57 PM

Bah Hibsbug

23-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Wow!

Boys not even played and he's getting slated.

Give him a chance FFS.

and get a grip.

Adds competition

Trust Stubbs. Folk will no be complaining if he scores the winner on Monday!!

No he's not?

One person has put a slightly negative comment but that's hardly him getting slated!

Sorry for picking you up on that as I realise you were just being supportive, what normally happens though is one person says something negative, there's then hundreds of posters slating that one poster and before you know it it's a .net fact the hibs support never gave him a chance.

23-12-2015, 05:36 PM
No he's not? One person has put a slightly negative comment but that's hardly him getting slated! Sorry for picking you up on that as I realise you were just being supportive, what normally happens though is one person says something negative, there's then hundreds of posters slating that one poster and before you know it it's a .net fact the hibs support never gave him a chance.

Not a problem Bingo and I do see you point!

No need for negativity though and yes just showing my support!

Up The Bracket
23-12-2015, 06:01 PM
http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic14574.html

Seems relatively positive, they seem to have wanted him back going by the above

PiemanP
23-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Orient are my local team so I've seen him a few times. Bit hot and cold but if Stubbs can get him playing well he'll score plenty for us. This signing reminds me a bit of Chris Killen under Mowbray.

23-12-2015, 06:03 PM
I have three immediate reactions to this

1 - I've never heard of him
2 - He looks average on FM11
3 - Stubbs has signed him

I know which of the three I'd place my faith in, so I expect Dagnall to be a good signing and am looking forward to seeing him play.

23-12-2015, 08:59 PM
Welcome Chris.

23-12-2015, 09:17 PM

We would be amazed if Rangers signed anyone!

Fixed that for you :wink:

23-12-2015, 09:21 PM
I have three immediate reactions to this

1 - I've never heard of him
2 - He looks average on FM11
3 - Stubbs has signed him

I know which of the three I'd place my faith in, so I expect Dagnall to be a good signing and am looking forward to seeing him play.

I have no knowledge whatsoever of FM11 and I assume that's a tongue in cheek comment. I'm perfectly happy with points 1 and 3 I'd never heard of Latapy before we signed him.

23-12-2015, 09:38 PM
We should be happy that we are actively seeking to improve the squad by trying to get players in before it could be too late.

In previous seasons we signed players we had never heard of on the last day of the window...this way we move ahead of the pack, and if it works out..great,high fives all round,if it doesn't, then no big deal.

One qualifier on that though.....presumably he is NOT injured?

23-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Used to watch him play up front with ALF at Rochdale - knows where the net is, bit like John of the Robertson variety. Welcome Chris.

If by this you mean he is a non stop effort goal scorer, then I would have preferred if you said he was in the Jimmy O'Rourke category, as opposed to the chappie you unfortunately mentioned.

Forces of good and darkness and all that:greengrin

23-12-2015, 09:55 PM
We should be happy that we are actively seeking to improve the squad by trying to get players in before it could be too late.

In previous seasons we signed players we had never heard of on the last day of the window...this way we move ahead of the pack, and if it works out..great,high fives all round,if it doesn't, then no big deal.

One qualifier on that though.....presumably he is NOT injured?

Me thinks most of the 'injuries' are just excuses for the young team to get Kitty, the physio, to tend to them :tee hee:

23-12-2015, 11:00 PM
A fit & ready enhancement to Hibs is what's needed.
Hopefully he is both.
Welcome son !!

23-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Dagnall scored 50 plus league goal in 140 apps for Rochdale but left there in 2010. Hasnt done much since, which not being funny is probably why he ended up in India. Welcome to Hibs Chris I wish you every success but I wouldn't be expecting too much. Having said that he will offer more than a very disappointing Feruz who didn't make any impact last season with my other love Blackpool and hasn't improved n the cameos Ive seen this season in a Hibs shirt.

In short Dagnall will offer more than Feruz.

23-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Me thinks most of the 'injuries' are just excuses for the young team to get Kitty, the physio, to tend to them :tee hee:

Can't blame them for that :) would do the same myself if I could ....

23-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Dagnall scored 50 plus league goal in 140 apps for Rochdale but left there in 2010. Hasnt done much since, which not being funny is probably why he ended up in India. Welcome to Hibs Chris I wish you every success but I wouldn't be expecting too much. Having said that he will offer more than a very disappointing Feruz who didn't make any impact last season with my other love Blackpool and hasn't improved n the cameos Ive seen this season in a Hibs shirt.

In short Dagnall will offer more than Feruz.

Orient fans were keen to get him back, apparently went to India for the money, £8k a week. God knows what Hibs are paying him but doubt it's close to that. Loads of players from the lower leagues in England do well in our premiership so he has every chance in the championship of being useful

23-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Orient fans were keen to get him back, apparently went to India for the money, £8k a week. God knows what Hibs are paying him but doubt it's close to that. Loads of players from the lower leagues in England do well in our premiership so he has every chance in the championship of being useful

Maybe, maybe not. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak and time will tell. I think its very much a "Lets see what he can do" deal hence the contract length only being until the end of the season.

23-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm guessing this guy is our new backup striker, replacing Anier/Feruz. Happy enough with that. Or should I say.. Whelmed? :wink:

24-12-2015, 01:40 AM

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illustrateur-en-5dbbb51d6e4e5d76d023f8813dc49f24.htmlmust have something, if he's heard o' Lithgae:wink:

gorgie greens
24-12-2015, 06:05 AM
http://leytonorientforum.co.uk/topic14574.html

Seems relatively positive, they seem to have wanted him back going by the above

reading one of the posts and it said he was on £8000 a week in India,
to be honest never heard of him but anyone who has seen him think he will do well for us and the fact that Stubbs has not signed a bad player yet.

24-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I've got an idea. ..if we put Van Dagnall on his shirt then that will count as a big name signing and appease the doubters

24-12-2015, 10:44 AM
I've got an idea. ..if we put Van Dagnall on his shirt then that will count as a big name signing and appease the doubters

Dagnall Yaya would be even better.

24-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Hearing that Farid could possibly be retiring soon...... Real shame, you can tell how much the guy loves his football.

24-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Hearing that Farid could possibly be retiring soon...... Real shame, you can tell how much the guy loves his football.

We should maybe offer a coaching role at Hibs.

24-12-2015, 02:41 PM

Nice sentiment, but no we shouldn't

We should offer coaching roles only on the basis that the recipients are qualified, willing and able to do the job and that we have a need at that point in time for a coach and that the applicants skill set and a whole load of other factors complement the existing coaching structure and team.

We are a football club, not a charity for broken down players

This week alone that's you suggesting Farid and others suggesting Riordan.

We already have 3 people managing the first team, Joe McBride the development team and George Craig & Eddie May involved also.

Plus legions of youth coaches etc etc.

If the Leon Osman rumours are true add another player / coach

That seems like more than enough to me.

Its a real shame for Farid if he is having to retire but unfortunately thats's a footballers lot in life and why I don't begrudge them moving on for more money (unless its to the Yams or the infirm)

24-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Nice sentiment, but no we shouldn't

We should offer coaching roles only on the basis that the recipients are qualified, willing and able to do the job and that we have a need at that point in time for a coach and that the applicants skill set and a whole load of other factors complement the existing coaching structure and team.

We are a football club, not a charity for broken down players

This week alone that's you suggesting Farid and others suggesting Riordan.

We already have 3 people managing the first team, Joe McBride the development team and George Craig & Eddie May involved also.

Plus legions of youth coaches etc etc.

If the Leon Osman rumours are true add another player / coach

That seems like more than enough to me.

Its a real shame for Farid if he is having to retire but unfortunately thats's a footballers lot in life and why I don't begrudge them moving on for more money (unless its to the Yams or the infirm)

I concur.

25-12-2015, 08:08 PM

How many games has he actually played for us? I always rated him and think he would have got a lot of goals had he stayed fit but we don't owe him anything other than his contract.

25-12-2015, 08:43 PM
We should maybe offer a coaching role at Hibs.If he canny play fitba, punt him. that's what he was paid (handsomely) for. might get a nice wee Janny's job or storeman wi' standard life. many people in physical jobs have had too, as they become unable to do their normal work

25-12-2015, 11:41 PM
If he canny play fitba, punt him. that's what he was paid (handsomely) for. might get a nice wee Janny's job or storeman wi' standard life. many people in physical jobs have had too, as they become unable to do their normal work

What a lovely heartfelt post.