PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net - 2015 Highlights

FranckSuzy
22-12-2015, 09:31 PM
I know we can all disagree - and yes, some more than others :greengrin - but I always like to look back at the year to reflect on the good work that comes from this site/the Hibs family in general.

Firstly, I am eternally grateful to everyone who has donated to Leith Links, whether that's from Direct Debits/standing orders/auction bids/donations of items or one-off cash amounts. Without your help, we would never have raised nearly £30,000 in 2 1/2 years :not worth Even though we're in the Championship for a second season, the number of Kicks for Kids season tickets increased from 146 last year to 152 this season, which is truly remarkable :thumbsup:

Next was the rallying call from pacorossso (hope I've spelt that right!) to fill ER for the play-off game v The Rangers. To back the Board's decision not to give them their usual allocation, he had the idea to fill the stadium with fans who wouldn't be able to attend normally and £3,190 was raised :top marks This included an extremely generous donation of £1,000 from a Hibby in the US who agreed if demand did not outstrip supply, the remaining amount could be put towards Kicks for Kids STs :aok: 27 groups (edit: and 300 children!) benefited from the tickets and despite the result, the kids were reported to have enjoyed the game. I must also mention the contribution from Hibees Bounce, who generously pooled their collection with ours to increase the number of tickets that could be purchased :aok:

On another occasion, the poster 'bigwheel' purchased (IIRC 10) tickets to offer to fans who have been unable to make a game for whatever reason. A truly selfless act which was greatly appreciated by the groups I had the pleasure of dealing with, including one for bereaved children :not worth

Finally, just today, plans have been made to install an East Stand Stone in memory of Brandon Walker, who sadly passed away at the tender age of 14. £385 has been raised in a number of days and a stone for Brandon will be purchased plus one for his Dad and the remainder (£125) will go towards Kicks for Kids tickets for a group in his area to ensure his love of our club is passed on to even more children

I am sure I have forgotten other, equally heart-warming gestures so please post them here if you can recall even more :agree: But, all-in-all, it's been a FANtastic year to be a Hibby and here's hoping 2016 is even better :wink: GGTTH

FranckSuzy
23-12-2015, 10:20 AM
Sorry, I should also have mentioned the wonderful work undertaken by Dnipro Kids. The news that Ira Polyashova had passed away saddened everyone connected with the appeal but Hibs fans rallied round, as ever, when news of her illness broke and provided much needed funds to make her last few months more comfortable. RIP Ira.

PatHead
23-12-2015, 11:22 AM
We should also congratulate the fans on the fantastic effort made in the Foodbank collections at Easter Road throughout the year. Well done to the organisers.

Our supporters are a truly generous bunch.

FranckSuzy
24-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Another mention should go to those who have backed and promoted HSL. Without their assistance, it could be argued that less people may have signed up, especially from this site.

jabis
24-12-2015, 07:11 PM
And a special thank you to franksuzy for doing all this,you do make a huge difference x

Merry Christmas 💎

FranckSuzy
24-12-2015, 07:36 PM
And a special thank you to franksuzy for doing all this,you do make a huge difference x

Merry Christmas 

Thanks jabis, it really is my pleasure :aok: Merry Christmas to you, and Hibby's (or is it Hibbies? Can never decide :greengrin) everywhere :tree:rudolph

Pretty Boy
24-12-2015, 07:43 PM
On a slightly selfish level I'd like to thank all those, especially the St Pats Branch, who backed the refugees welcome banner.

From a pretty half ersed idea of mine (and many more worthy others) to copy the German model we raised over £1000 for those in pretty desperate need whilst showing some token solidarity. A moment in time that made me even more proud to be a Hibee.

FranckSuzy
24-12-2015, 07:48 PM
On a slightly selfish level I'd like to thank all those, especially the St Pats Branch, who backed the refugees welcome banner.

From a pretty half ersed idea of mine (and many more worthy others) to copy the German model we raised over £1000 for those in pretty desperate need whilst showing some token solidarity. A moment in time that made me even more proud to be a Hibee.

Good shout, PB :agree: I'd completely forgotten about that and as you rightly say, even more reason to be proud of our club and support :not worth GGTTH.