The whole stadium 👏

Just Alf
22-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Maybe. .just maybe.... this season?!!!!

GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

AlbertK86
22-12-2015, 08:11 PM
There's many hibs songs from years gone by that never get sung these days !!!

Dinkydoo
22-12-2015, 08:17 PM
It's a personal drunken favourite of mines, although I too haven't heard it sung in a good while - 3/4 years maybe

Ken
22-12-2015, 10:22 PM
We should definitely bring back some of the old favourites!!! Although 'We hate Glasgow Rangers needs some tweaking following their death (respectfully).

....We hated Glasgow Rangers, we hate The Rangers too (they're *****!!!), we hate Hearts and Celtic, but the Hibees we love you [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
22-12-2015, 10:25 PM
There's many hibs songs from years gone by that never get sung these days !!!

"your going home in a ****ing ambulance" not heard it for a long time. :greengrin

Centre Hawf
22-12-2015, 10:28 PM
I know they're long gone but the "Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus. Craig Levein is still a *****" was a favourite of mine. If someone can come up with a different version of that you'd get my vote.

Brunswickbill
22-12-2015, 10:32 PM
I know they're long gone but the "Tony Mowbray, Mark Venus. Craig Levein is still a *****" was a favourite of mine. If someone can come up with a different version of that you'd get my vote.

Ooooooh the hibs the hibs the hibs the hibs the hibs the hibs etc etc

California-Hibs
23-12-2015, 02:11 AM
I miss a good belted out 'Hail Hail' and it always irritates me how it would always fade out when we got to 'we don't care what the animals say, what the hell do we care?! For we always know that there's gonna be a show, and the Edinburgh Hibees will be there!'

Disc O'Dave
23-12-2015, 06:26 AM
"your going home in a ****ing ambulance" not heard it for a long time. :greengrin

Possibly my fault for pointing out that people rarely go home in an ambulance....ambulances tend to take sick or injured people to hospitals, whereby upon recovery, people are expected to make their own transport arrangements....

(I also seem to recall the term "St Johns ambulance" being factually incorrect in Scotland as we have St Andrews ambulances here.

I'm great fun at parties too :)

Keith_M
23-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Possibly my fault for pointing out that people rarely go home in an ambulance....ambulances tend to take sick or injured people to hospitals, whereby upon recovery, people are expected to make their own transport arrangements....

(I also seem to recall the term "St Johns ambulance" being factually incorrect in Scotland as we have St Andrews ambulances here.

I'm great fun at parties too :)

Not to mention the fact that Ambulances rarely engage in sex acts, so describing it as a 'F****g Ambulance' is factually incorrect.

Keith_M
23-12-2015, 07:32 AM
....while we're on the subject.

Would anybody really 'walk a million miles' for a Hibees goal?

Ringothedog
23-12-2015, 07:41 AM
....while we're on the subject.

Would anybody really 'walk a million miles' for a Hibees goal?

Yes,especially if it was to win "that cup"

Smartie
23-12-2015, 07:57 AM
How about "We hate Glasgow Rangers, we hate Sevco too"?

Gets Celtic off the hook a bit but will annoy the huns that wee bit more.

AlbertK86
23-12-2015, 07:59 AM

Was that just after

Come and have a go if u think yer hard enough

And

Your gonna get yer f*****n Heidi's kicked in

Particular favourites were

Howay the lads u should've seen us running
We're only here to drink yer beer and see the Hibees winning (often changed to **** yer f*****n wimmin)

Bertie Mee said said to Bill Shanklee

Keith_M
23-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Yes,especially if it was to win "that cup"

Good lad.

That's just over 40 times walking round the equator, so if you start now you might have earned us a win in May :wink:

Disc O'Dave
23-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Good lad.

That's just over 40 times walking round the equator, so if you start now you might have earned us a win in May :wink:

However, at average walking pace of 3.5 mph, it's likely to take almost 33 years - provided there's no sleeping, and you eat and drink on the go. We can be kind though and suggest it's done on a treadmill rather than worrying about crossing all that water....

Pencil in May 2048 for the big party? :greengrin

(What fun contributions I'm making to the board today eh?) :)

Salt N Sauzee
23-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Good lad.

May 2040...

leggeto
23-12-2015, 10:39 AM
You never hear it now😿

The whole stadium 👏

Went with the old east terracing, would be good to hear again

FranckSuzy
23-12-2015, 10:43 AM
There was no "HIBEES!" late in the second half from the West Upper on Sat. Missed it :agree:

leggeto
23-12-2015, 10:45 AM
There was no "HIBEES!" late in the second half from the West Upper on Sat. Missed it :agree:

Brilliant, the old stomping hi-bees shout that used to start there,remember it at the aek game most of all

aljo7-0
23-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Ooh to, ooh to be, ooh to be a .........

Literally I've been there, done that and got the T shirt. Although I must admit to having to read the T shirt a couple of times to work it out!

Pretty Boy
23-12-2015, 04:39 PM
It's been far too long since we heard a rousing rendition of the traditional 'we are Hibs, we are good. We have Celtic on the run'.

Skol
23-12-2015, 04:49 PM
How about "We hated Glasgow Rangers, we hate Sevco now"?

Fixed that for you

Smartie
23-12-2015, 05:38 PM
It's been far too long since we heard a rousing rendition of the traditional 'we are Hibs, we are good. We have Celtic on the run'.

:greengrin

The finest song of all time.

Broken Gnome
23-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Once upon a time I heard...

Freddy Arpinon,
You're our number one,
You're a cool guy.

A true and sadly/unsurprisingly never-to-be-repeated one off.

23-12-2015, 05:49 PM
I miss a good belted out 'Hail Hail' and it always irritates me how it would always fade out when we got to 'we don't care what the animals say, what the hell do we care?! For we always know that there's gonna be a show, and the Edinburgh Hibees will be there!'

I miss that too, wish we sang that more.

mca
23-12-2015, 05:55 PM
How about "We hate Glasgow Rangers, we hate Sevco too...

I Like This... :greengrin

Keith_M
23-12-2015, 06:03 PM
I remember many moons ago Fans of lots of clubs had songs that involved spelling out the Club's name.

Ours was eventually reduced to...

"H-I-B,
E-R-N,
I-A-N...
... Hibs!!"

Maybe I was just easily amused but I thought it was funny.

Zazu62
23-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Did we ever have a song .. I'm H.I.B.B.Y I'm hibs till I die?

Glory Lurker
23-12-2015, 06:30 PM
I remember many moons ago Fans of lots of clubs had songs that involved spelling out the Club's name.

"H-I-B,
E-R-N,
I-A-N...
... Hibs!!"

We had a spelling one that after the letters went "Hibernian na na na na na na na na na". I liked that one. Also liked the one from the Verdi opera that went "doo doo..." etc. I'm not good at remembering words.

Pretty Boy
23-12-2015, 06:37 PM
One that was recent that seems to have died away is 'allez allez au'.

It really caught on for a while, Killie away in the Scottish was arguably it's finest hour but seems to have disappeared. I can't help but think some of the petty 'some folk aren't pronouncing it properly when they sing it' had something to do with that.

Mr White
23-12-2015, 06:42 PM

"H-I-B,
E-R-N,
I-A-N...
... Hibs!!"

:tee hee:

A bit ricky fulton-esque

O-F-F. Aff!

I'm easily amused too :greengrin

jabis
23-12-2015, 06:48 PM
So,back to "ooh to be" 😸

Thread jackers on here are rife !

Mr White
23-12-2015, 06:52 PM
So,back to "ooh to be" 😸

Thread jackers on here are rife !

That's the beauty of discussion. You just never know where it's going to go next :greengrin

Ooh to be is a classic though and would be good to hear it regularly again.

It got an airing in the original stage show of trainspotting IIRC. Not sure if it's included in the more recent ones or not.

jabis
23-12-2015, 06:54 PM
That's the beauty of discussion. You just never know where it's going to go next :greengrin

Ooh to be is a classic though and would be good to hear it regularly again.

Splendid,it'll be you and me then 👏

Kiddo
24-12-2015, 01:40 AM
The best version of hail hail in recent memory was at hampden 3-0 down to the imposters

wearethehibs
24-12-2015, 06:58 AM
Half of these songs are still sung at every game.

Not many join in though.

Feed McGraw
24-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Always thought it should have been "Good to be" instead of " Ooh to be". Ooh to be sounds like you wish you were a Hibby or would like to be one when you already are one :greengrin.

kaimendhibs
24-12-2015, 08:04 PM
2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate? Hibees😄😄

jabis
24-12-2015, 08:22 PM
2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate? Hibees😄😄

Oooooo,good call,let's go retro 🙌

Zazu62
24-12-2015, 09:03 PM
Did we ever have a song .. I'm H.I.B.B.Y I'm hibs till I die?

Anyone?

RMQ1967
24-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Oooooo,good call,let's go retro 🙌

A brief chant which tickled to me way back in the day was "it's black, its blue, it's ******en broke in two, Butcher's leg, Butcher's leg.

My alltime favourite is; Said Bertie Mee to Bill Shankley.... finishes up with we are the mental Hibees na-na na-na etc." No better Hibs ditty.

jabis
24-12-2015, 09:36 PM
A brief chant which tickled to me way back in the day was "it's black, its blue, it's ******en broke in two, Butcher's leg, Butcher's leg.

My alltime favourite is; Said Bertie Mee to Bill Shankley.... finishes up with we are the mental Hibees na-na na-na etc." No better Hibs ditty.

Okay,once I'm finished with Mr White,we're on 🎷

SausageSurprise
24-12-2015, 09:39 PM
I
I believe
I believe that
I believe that Hibs
I believe that Hibs will
I BELIEVE THAT HIBS WILL WIN!!!!!

😳

Carheenlea
24-12-2015, 09:46 PM
The Roseburn a couple of hours before Edinburgh Derbies kicked off was a place you heard all the old favourites with full gusto. As the crowd heading there got younger a lot of the classics died out a bit in favour of more modern staples.

Greentinted
25-12-2015, 12:16 AM
I lament the demise of the Dads Army theme 'homage':

"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Jefferies? When you say you're number one;
We are the boys from the Leith San-Siro,
(louder and deeper) We are the boys who f***ed you Seven-Zero"
Works best when sung with gusto in a deep Welsh Baritone I always find!

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Sweet Left Peg
25-12-2015, 01:02 AM

These days you're more likely to hear "You're going home in a nostalgic ambiance". It's political correctness gone mad...

s.a.m
25-12-2015, 06:31 AM
These days you're more likely to hear "You're going home in a nostalgic ambiance". It's political correctness gone mad...

Keith_M
25-12-2015, 07:45 AM
"Hibernian,
Hibernian,
Ra! Ra! Ra!"

"Jingle bells,
Jingle bells,
Jingle all the way,
oh what fun,
it is to (censored),
the Hearts on New Years day."

"Come on have a go
with the Hi-bees ag-gr-o!"

Keith_M
25-12-2015, 07:47 AM

Try singing "who's the barsteward in the black" and you'll be up before the beak on racism charges.

southern hibby
25-12-2015, 11:05 AM
How about "We hate Glasgow Rangers, we hate Sevco too"?

How about l. We hated Glasgow Rangers we hate servco too.

GGTTH

CraigHibee
25-12-2015, 12:42 PM
We should definitely bring back some of the old favourites!!! Although 'We hate Glasgow Rangers needs some tweaking following their death (respectfully).

....We hated Glasgow Rangers, we hate The Rangers too (they're *****!!!), we hate Hearts and Celtic, but the Hibees we love you [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we hate glasgow sevco we hate celtic too

1van Sprou7e
25-12-2015, 01:12 PM
I
I believe
I believe that
I believe that Hibs
I believe that Hibs will
I BELIEVE THAT HIBS WILL WIN!!!!!

This is getting started at the next home game :wink: