PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy on STV news ... " you're in denial Rangers!"

ALF TUPPER
22-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Coming up ......

Ha. ! Get into them big fella !

PISTOL1875
22-12-2015, 06:07 PM
The bottom line is that Sevco are flapping about the current run of results and all the good work they did in the first quarter of the season is all but gone..

Monday will be huge for Hibs but all the pressure will be on the huns to get a result. Defeat isn't disasterous for Hibs..

Jim44
22-12-2015, 06:20 PM
Coming up ......

Personally, I prefer dumb insolence and nonchalant dismissal rather than in your face taunting that can leave egg on the chin. But if that's what Stubbs wants to do then fair enough.

liamh2202
22-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Coming up ......

Some weedgie roaster on clyde 1 going mental because stubbsy wont call them rangers and referred to them as "them". Then all the pundits going on about warburton always shows respect and uses team names. Was it just me that heard him refer to us as the team in second??
Looks like they are in full flap over this way. Keep it up stubsy

Pete
22-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Some weedgie roaster on clyde 1 going mental because stubbsy wont call them rangers and referred to them as "them". Then all the pundits going on about warburton always shows respect and uses team names. Was it just me that heard him refer to us as the team in second??

Lol saying "respectfully" every second word doesn't amount to respect.

They are rattled.

Col2
22-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Personally, I prefer dumb insolence and nonchalant dismissal rather than in your face taunting that can leave egg on the chin. But if that's what Stubbs wants to do then fair enough.

I don't think he was taunting. Not blatantly anyway. He pointed out that Rangers are in denial if they think they haven't dipped since start of season and if others don't think that Hibs run of results hasn't played a significant part in closing the gap. He calls Monday's game as a 'free shot at Rangers' given level on points which takes all the pressure away from the Hibs players IMHO.

They will be going tonto over at ipox.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2015, 06:25 PM

He's only being respectful as it would probably have caused more indignation if he had called them the rangers or referred to the now defunct liquidated Glasgow rangers, for example.

greenlex
22-12-2015, 06:39 PM

Me too I wish Stubbs would not even talk about them. If asked a question he should tell the interviewer to bolt. Respectfully of course. Talk us up at every opportunity but there's no point in giving them ammunition by winding them up.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2015, 06:46 PM
I like it, for too long we have played second fiddle to them and the other bigots. It's time we had a bit of arrogance, a bit of swagger.

Let these tossers know we are not frightened of them.

Gordy M
22-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Me too I wish Stubbs would not even talk about them. If asked a question he should tell the interviewer to bolt. Respectfully of course. Talk us up at every opportunity but there's no point in giving them ammunition by winding them up.
Every the rangers fan i know hate stubbsy because he is an ex-celtic player, they dont need more ammunition than that. I like the fact he gets it right up them, they take the bait every time!! You can actually see warburton getting more and more rattled every interview.

Just Alf
22-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Yup he did indeed. .. I noticed he couldn't even say "Falkirk" in one his interviews I watched at the weekend ...

Does he really think that puts opposing teams backs up enough that they play worse? .... what a roaster....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

bingo70
22-12-2015, 06:49 PM

Why? I think it's getting to them, imo they're taking their eye off the ball and if they're getting too wound up about Stubbs they're not concentrating on their own game.

Huns are rattled imo

greenlex
22-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Why? I think it's getting to them, imo they're taking their eye off the ball and if they're getting too wound up about Stubbs they're not concentrating on their own game.

Huns are rattled imo
I'm sure they are. I don't think giving Rangers Pkayers the " ill show him" motivation is a good thing on the run up to the game. Win it and wind them up after I'm all for. As fior the fans? I dont really care either way to be honest.

Aldo
22-12-2015, 07:11 PM
He was on SSN a while ago and said the team will do the talking on the pitch!

Mind games are brilliant especially against that lot. Strange how they've not mentioned transfer targets and neither have the media.

Waxy
22-12-2015, 07:12 PM
I've never felt this optimistic being a Hibby.Doesn't Matter that we're in the championship.
We're going places.

stoneyburn hibs
22-12-2015, 07:41 PM
I like it, for too long we have played second fiddle to them and the other bigots. It's time we had a bit of arrogance, a bit of swagger.

This ^ Get it right up them.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Spot on.

Not so long ago they were what 13 points clear of us ? Get them irritated , Get under their skin, They already hate us i can live with it, Make as much fuss as we can, Stubbs kens what he is dane, Mind games is 100% fine with me.

Greenblood70
22-12-2015, 07:51 PM
I don't think Stubbs really is "winding them up" per se, our results and their glaring inability to handle pressure is doing that job for us. Warburton can barely manage a coherent sentence in post game interviews and his petted lip puts me in mind of a two year old on the verge of a tantrum.

I ****ing hate sevco, sevconians and anything to do with that diseased bigotted cesspit in Govan. We've got them well and truly rattled.

:flag::flag:

Deansy
22-12-2015, 07:58 PM
If it p****s the **** off, it's fine by me - get right into them AS !!

PatHead
22-12-2015, 08:00 PM
Spot on.

Not so long ago they were what 13 points clear of us ? Get them irritated , Get under their skin, They already hate us i can live with it, Make as much fuss as we can, Stubbs kens what he is dane, Mind games is 100% fine with me.

Stop exaggerating it was only 11 points and the chance to go to 14. :greengrin

:gwa:

cabbageandribs1875
22-12-2015, 08:03 PM
iirc we were 11 points behind the bigoted filth at one point last season as well

PatHead
22-12-2015, 08:04 PM
I don't think Stubbs really is "winding them up" per se, our results and their glaring inability to handle pressure is doing that job for us. Warburton can barely manage a coherent sentence in post game interviews and his petted lip puts me in mind of a two year old on the verge of a tantrum.

I ****ing hate sevco, sevconians and anything to do with that diseased bigotted cesspit in Govan. We've got them well and truly rattled.

:flag::flag:

But he knows all the statistics and that The Rangers were better than whoever they played against. Except he is usually wrong and the other team had as many shots.

Big_Franck
22-12-2015, 08:08 PM
I dont disagree with anything Stubbs said and I think it is a free swing.

All the pressure is on them, they are at home and they are the ones that have thrown away a huge lead. Their fans are restless as they've only won 2 out of the last 6 games. They need to win this.

jabis
22-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Is there a link to this?
Crap Android😕

Steve20
22-12-2015, 08:32 PM
I don't totally disagree with what he says, but he should keep it to himself. Just the potential for egg on his face and might fire Rangers up.

Just Alf
22-12-2015, 08:35 PM
Is there a link to this?
Crap Android😕
Aye me too :-(

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
22-12-2015, 08:37 PM
We welcome the chase. according to "Born a blue nose" on Sevcomedia. It's not a chase if you're not leading :na na:

Have a wee read of it, they don't like it up 'em.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Stop exaggerating it was only 11 points and the chance to go to 14. :greengrin

:gwa:

Kent it was close :greengrin

Big_Franck
22-12-2015, 08:40 PM
Is there a link to this?
Crap Android

Here's a link to the full interview http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35164063

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't totally disagree with what he says, but he should keep it to himself. Just the potential for egg on his face and might fire Rangers up.

The Rangers are rattled. Warburton has gone from the open, inviting, ingratiating manager he was first 10 games, to being a manager easily irritated by the media, openly critical of refs and pitches and the weather, and in short, has now realised the fact he is in a fight and he doesn't have the resources he thought he might have - Falkirk should have been 4-1 up on Saturday yet he blames the pitch, ref and conditions. Morton should have had a penalty to win the game and by all accounts matched them at Ibrox.

I'm glad Stubbs is defiant and issuing a battle cry. I think he and others realise how bang average a management team they are at The Rangers - Davie Weir - his stats at Sheffield United were worse than our Franck's - excluding pre-season he won one game in 15 I think !!

If The Rangers had any money, and I mean any money, their PR company would be sending out vibes surrounding players who previously it would have been a given they'd sign......not a peep from them, nada, nothing, middle of a doughnut.

His interview at the Falkirk Stadium was extremely telling - first time I had seen his complexion grey and the realisation hit home that his fans really questioned his ability.

I seriously hope we go there and come out the traps flying. Strong challenges on Halliday and Holt from the off too. And that back pairing are utterly horrendous and slow - incisive passing and shooting boots on and we will win.

Dare I say I'm expecting a handsome win - have a gut feeling we'll hit the target often next week.

magpie1892
22-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Totally agree.

It's so obvious they are rattled big time. Falkirk could and should have gone 3 or 4-1 up the other day.

The the are powderpuff. They know it, we know it, so let's just do the talking on the pitch.

Stubbs has already given the perfect quote: 'we're not going away'.

Hibbyradge
22-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm sure they are. I don't think giving Rangers Pkayers the " ill show him" motivation is a good thing on the run up to the game. Win it and wind them up after I'm all for. As fior the fans? I dont really care either way to be honest.

He's talking to our players, not their players or anybody's fans.

There is nothing to lose by putting the pressure on them verbally. They're going to be as up for the game as they can be, regardless of what anyone at Hibs says.

Stubbs is just taking their eye off the ball.

Scouse Hibee
22-12-2015, 09:25 PM
About time we stepped from the shadows and let them know that we will no longer be intimidated or bow down to them. We are Hibs and are building something special, we no longer see ourselves as second to The Rangers.

ian cruise
22-12-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm visiting the folks for Christmas and my old man is a Rangers fans. Sitting next to him and noticed he's on Rangers media. Headline on the thread? Forget The Early Session Hype, Our Squad Is S***E.

I laughed.

Kojock
22-12-2015, 09:31 PM
It's about time we had a manager who has a belief in himself and his players to come out with statements to rattle Sevco. There's no doubt about it he has the Master Baker worried. GGTTH

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 09:33 PM

There is nothing to lose by putting the pressure on them verbally. They're going to be as up for the game as they can be, regardless of what anyone at Hibs says.

Stubbs is simply telling them how it is, same as The Rangers (respectfully), their Board and the media told Hibs they were in for a battle pre-season.

What's folks issue with Hibs and management issuing battle cries before games ? For years we've been weak managed, weak minded and others have picked at the carcass - even us fans have acknowledged our inability to stand up.

The minute we have a manager, players and club that do, folk question it and say 'ooooh we've done their team talk for them' !!!???!!!

Sod it, let's get into them - off the field in the media and on the pitch too - respectfully obviously !

Mr White
22-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Stubbs is simply telling them how it is, same as The Rangers (respectfully), their Board and the media told Hibs they were in for a battle pre-season.

What's folks issue with Hibs and management issuing battle cries before games ? For years we've been weak managed, weak minded and others have picked at the carcass - even us fans have acknowledged our inability to stand up.

The minute we have a manager, players and club that do, folk question it and say 'ooooh we've done their team talk for them' !!!???!!!

Sod it, let's get into them - off the field in the media and on the pitch too - respectfully obviously !
let's respect Eddie turnbull and go through there and take the piss out of them

:flag:

Sammy7nil
22-12-2015, 09:43 PM

I would prefer we did their team talk in May last game of the season when we are 4 points in front and not before. We have been going very well no need to add more pressure at a time we dont have to. And if he is saying to his own players there is no need to say it in public.

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 09:48 PM
I would prefer we did their team talk in May last game of the season when we are 4 points in front and not before. We have been going very well no need to add more pressure at a time we dont have to. And if he is saying to his own players there is no need to say it in public.

Does The Rangers team look like its coped with pressure this early on in the campaign ?

Beaten by Saints, points in league overhauled, manager tetchy and players now getting asked 'do you have the bottle' rather than 'Warbs is super' !

Stubbs knows and the neutral knows - Warburton ain't any great shakes and Hibs over the season can take them - I'm happy for them to know they're in for a fight and Hibs are going to take them all the way. Even their fans are restless - I love it !

Sammy7nil
22-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Does The Rangers team look like its coped with pressure this early on in the campaign ?

Beaten by Saints, points in league overhauled, manager tetchy and players now getting asked 'do you have the bottle' rather than 'Warbs is super' !

Stubbs knows and the neutral knows - Warburton ain't any great shakes and Hibs over the season can take them - I'm happy for them to know they're in for a fight and Hibs are going to take them all the way. Even their fans are restless - I love it !

I agree and love it too but lets just keep it as we have done for 17 weeks why change?

Libby Hibby
22-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Great media management by Stubbs, I love it

Northernhibee
22-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Great media management by Stubbs, I love it

We're going into this one as the team that everyone is backing and talking about. Sevco are nervy as hell and are looking at a team who are bristling with confidence and aren't afraid of letting them know.

They're scared of us.

PatHead
22-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Can still get over 3/1 on Hibs to win on Monday

Ronniekirk
22-12-2015, 10:24 PM

I have no problem either with Stubbs talking us up and displaying an arrogant swagger ,with the key proviso that we now must go there and beat them as we all know Actions Speak Louder Than Words and I think it suits The Rangers for us to be taking the lead and the Media making us favourites .They are nt sure of themselves at present and are vulnerable so we need to make sure we exploit that to the full

PatHead
22-12-2015, 10:27 PM
I have no problem either with Stubbs talking us up and displaying an arrogant swagger ,with the key proviso that we now must go there and beat them as we all know Actions Speak Louder Than Words and I think it suits The Rangers for us to be taking the lead and the Media making us favourites .They are nt sure of themselves at present and are vulnerable so we need to make sure we exploit that to the full

Couldn't agree more Ronnie.

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 10:32 PM

Not a peep in the media about Dean Shiels kicking an opponent at the weekend - Derek,Leigh and GOC all been tried and convicted in the media in the past - the media make us 'favourites' when their 'favourites' are struggling.

It's about time Hibs and those Hibees in the media really work it up them - The Rangers DO walking away and DONT do pressure - simples !

FranckSuzy
22-12-2015, 10:43 PM
I'm visiting the folks for Christmas and my old man is a Rangers fans. Sitting next to him and noticed he's on Rangers media. Headline on the thread? Forget The Early Session Hype, Our Squad Is S***E.

I laughed.

Love it :tee hee:

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2015, 10:49 PM

I disagree, it's about time we started treating that **** just as they treat everyone else. Irrespective of the result i'd prefer it if we treated them with the same kind of respect they treat us from now on.

They don't deserve to be treated with kid gloves, that kind of crap is over now let them be frightened of us.

I'd like us to instill this kind of attitude all through the club as the norm.

matty_f
22-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Just read the interview, and i think it's brilliant. Stubbs is spot on, and i love the attitude. Shows he has faith in his players, and so he should.

Thecat23
22-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Stubbs has got them rattled no question about it. I'm glad he's winding them up as they will really feel the pressure. We have a manager very confident in his team and he knows we can win this game!

Long may it continue and if and its a big if we lose so what it's still only down to 3 points and we have shown we can get that back! But if we win this, it's a massive psychological blow for The Rangers and they will struggle to overcome that having started so well.

MWHIBBIES
22-12-2015, 10:58 PM
**** it eh, whats the worst than can happen.

We're gonna pump Rangers on Monday and we're going to win this league.

Bostonhibby
22-12-2015, 11:01 PM
I disagree, it's about time we started treating that **** just as they treat everyone else. Irrespective of the result i'd prefer it if we treated them with the same kind of respect they treat us from now on.

They don't deserve to be treated with kid gloves, that kind of crap is over now let them be frightened of us.

[emoji106] Couldn't agree more. Results come and go but there really is no reason to respect or fear the current version of the abomination that was the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Hibs need to hit back and occasionally hit first as well.

Malonga knows the score with the hun.[emoji6]

FranckSuzy
22-12-2015, 11:04 PM
[emoji106] Couldn't agree more. Results come and go but there really is no reason to respect or fear the current version of the abomination that was the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Hibs need to hit back and occasionally hit first as well.

Malonga knows the score with the hun.[emoji6]

This is from his Twitter a/c tonight :thumbsup: Love the big guy :not worth

Mr White
22-12-2015, 11:05 PM
**** it eh, whats the worst than can happen.

We're gonna pump Rangers on Monday and we're going to win this league.

:top marks

Well said!

Bostonhibby
22-12-2015, 11:07 PM
This is from his Twitter a/c tonight [emoji106] Love the big guy :not worth

Brilliant. He's the man!

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Stubbs has got them rattled no question about it. I'm glad he's winding them up as they will really feel the pressure. We have a manager very confident in his team and he knows we can win this game!

Long may it continue and if and its a big if we lose so what it's still only down to 3 points and we have shown we can get that back! But if we win this, it's a massive psychological blow for The Rangers and they will struggle to overcome that having started so well.

Motherwell play-offs - enough said TC.

Media, pundits, ex players and authorities all willing them on - full houses at Ibrox - survey said 'eeeeehhhhahhhhh' !!!!

The Rangers don't do pressure - I'm sure Kenny will say otherwise but inwardly he knows we have the better squad mate.

Ronniekirk
22-12-2015, 11:11 PM

No issue with you disagreeing , but would still prefer we do both ,Talk the Talk and then Walk the Walk ,I want the win

Glory Lurker
22-12-2015, 11:17 PM
Totally agree.

It's so obvious they are rattled big time. Falkirk could and should have gone 3 or 4-1 up the other day.

The the are powderpuff. They know it, we know it, so let's just do the talking on the pitch.

Stubbs has already given the perfect quote: 'we're not going away'.

We don't do going away! :-)

McIntosh
22-12-2015, 11:22 PM
This is from his Twitter a/c tonight :thumbsup: Love the big guy :not worth

This has been shown before - love this man's arrogance https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeauSzvGUpU

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 11:28 PM
This has been shown before - love this man's arrogance https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeauSzvGUpU

Calls them by their name too - they absolutely hate it - they are The Rangers - watch the venom when you put 'The' in front !

New club, nae history, they are The Rangers !

jacomo
22-12-2015, 11:49 PM

:agree:

The_Sauz
22-12-2015, 11:51 PM
Every the rangers fan i know hate stubbsy because he is an ex-celtic player, they dont need more ammunition than that. I like the fact he gets it right up them, they take the bait every time!! You can actually see warburton getting more and more rattled every interview.

I heard part of his interview after the Falkirk game, and how he brought up one of his favourite sayings "how can you get beat with STATS like that"
:lolrangers:

The_Sauz
22-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Is there a link to this?
Crap Android

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/1336962-hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-claims-rangers-are-in-denial-over-dip-in-form/

greenlex
23-12-2015, 02:19 AM

Right just do I've got this right. He's talking to the media but it's our players he's addressing? Saying they are in denial won't in the least bit help motivate them and somehow make them take their eye of the ball and poop themselves on Monday? The opportunity to giru Stubbs after this is even more motivation. We can have any public swagger we like but I'd wish he would just keep what we've been doing to the fore and not change anything this week. They are indeed rattled there is no need to ramp up any mind games. Do it on the pitch as we have and then say whatever we like. I think this is unwise in the lead up to this game.

Spike Mandela
23-12-2015, 08:51 AM

No matter what is said in the media my biggest concern would be that if the team play like they did against QOTS we will get beat.

Hopefully Stubbs upping the ante in the media will gee the Hibs players up as well.

CallumLaidlaw
23-12-2015, 09:16 AM
No matter what is said in the media my biggest concern would be that if the team play like they did against QOTS we will get beat.

Hopefully Stubbs upping the ante in the media will gee the Hibs players up as well.

The week before we beat Rangers 2-1 at ER, we were lucky to get away from Starks Park with all 3pts (albeit after a very good first half performance). Playing TheRangers suits us. Big pitch at Ibrox, and they play with a high back line and even higher full backs so plenty space for us to get in behind.

Onion
23-12-2015, 09:23 AM
Interesting to see which way this bravado from Hibs manager goes. Media know what they're doing here and have been quite happy for Stubbs to talk things up, with little response from Sevco. The silence from Warbs has been deafening.

In the past, 99/100, this type of talk before an OF game would result in a right spanking for Hibs who'd be put firmly in their place. Been there, seen it too often.

The Huns and their media cohorts will be hoping they can ram Stubbs words down his throat. But it's also the biggest test of this Hibs side to see if they can change the script that's dogged us for decades.

Carheenlea
23-12-2015, 09:53 AM
If it rubs Rangers up the wrong way - then carry on.

CentreLine
23-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Interesting to see which way this bravado from Hibs manager goes. Media know what they're doing here and have been quite happy for Stubbs to talk things up, with little response from Sevco. The silence from Warbs has been deafening.

In the past, 99/100, this type of talk before an OF game would result in a right spanking for Hibs who'd be put firmly in their place. Been there, seen it too often.

The Huns and their media cohorts will be hoping they can ram Stubbs words down his throat. But it's also the biggest test of this Hibs side to see if they can change the script that's dogged us for decades.

I have been around a while and I can't remember a manager, since Eddie Turnbull, who was prepared to talk up the Hibs position. More so toward Jock Stein to be fair. So when was this bravado that was followed by a spanking? I for one am all for hearing our club talked up. Whether we win lose or draw it matters not too much on Monday for the overall result of the season but we have been prepared to be all mousie mousie for far too long. It has been very refreshing to see the change in that attitude right through the club under LD and AS, it is now time for the fans to start to take the same attitude IMO

After allowing the frustration of our letting mediocrity be acceptable for year I all but gave up on Hibs and the game. Then along came LD, supported by AS, who immediately put The Rangers in their place about the Scott Alan situation. It was that which brought me around and I bought a season ticket for the first time in years. But then, to paraphrase a razor advert, I was so impressed, I also bought shares, HSL shares and Hibs TV.

Times they are a chanin' down Easter Road, let's all get behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGTTH :flag::flag::flag:

CallumLaidlaw
23-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Thing is, nothing Stubbs is saying is untrue. Has Rangers form dipped? yes. Has our form been excellent? Yes. Does this mean that Monday is a free shot? yeah probably - a defeat means we're still only 3 points behind, and we've already clawed back 8pts on them. Nowhere does he say that we are definitely gonna win, just that we are capable of winning, and seeing as we've already beat them this season, he's again correct.

matty_f
23-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Thing is, nothing Stubbs is saying is untrue. Has Rangers form dipped? yes. Has our form been excellent? Yes. Does this mean that Monday is a free shot? yeah probably - a defeat means we're still only 3 points behind, and we've already clawed back 8pts on them. Nowhere does he say that we are definitely gonna win, just that we are capable of winning, and seeing as we've already beat them this season, he's again correct.

Completely agree with you, Callum. :agree:

If anything, Stubbs has taken pressure off the players by effectively saying that we'd have bitten your hand off to be going into the New Year only 3 points behind, given what the gap could have been.

For The Rangers, a three point gap looks slim, and if they go three points behind us then they're facing up to the fact that there will have been a huge swing in our favour, and that they'd chucked what should have been an insurmountable lead. They've done that already, to be fair.

I think it's a really astute message from Stubbs. Hibs come out well no matter the outcome on Monday, and if we do win then it hammers home the point to The Rangers.

marleyhib
23-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Stubbsy is honest and positive, it's great too see.

We are the form team in the league, unbeaten in 4 months, 17 games.

If it wasn't for that lot unsettling us with the Scott Allen debacle in the summer we may well have started the season better and be ahead of them. They'll stoop to anything, we should wind them up as much as possible. All this pride before a fall nonsense is what holds us back.

The pressure is on them, if we lose it's only one game and we've still got them at home.

aljo7-0
23-12-2015, 12:08 PM
I don't think what he says n paper will make any real difference to the players of either team. It might slightly annoy the Sevco mob on reading it but make them play better on Monday - I don't think so. Equally it might make our players smile and enjoy reading it but again I don't see how it affects how they will perform on Monday. It will though wind up the great unwashed which amuses me hugely. So for that, if for no other reason at all, I thank you Alan http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Jim44
23-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Warburton's response, which has the muppets creaming themselves:

Mark Warburton says he's more worried about what to buy the wife for Christmas than what Alan Stubbs has to say about Rangers.

Any suggestions? :greengrin

bigwheel
23-12-2015, 02:34 PM
I have to admit. I prefer the head down, don't come over to cocky approach to the media... That said , I'm sure he is simply having some pre xmas fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Exile
23-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Anything which gets it right up the orcs should be encouraged IMO.

lord bunberry
23-12-2015, 02:37 PM

Mark Warburton says he's more worried about what to buy the wife for Christmas than what Alan Stubbs has to say about Rangers.

I'm shocked he's married(respectfully of course) I wonder if he sweet talks her with statistics all night.

Dashing Bob S
23-12-2015, 02:57 PM
I love the Stubbs attitude. Bigots will be bigoted - that's what they do. They are not going to hate us any less because we give it to them back - all they will do is fear us more. Besides, who could possibly want to be 'liked' by those mutants?

More power to Stubbs in taking the piss and ripping apart this ludicrous, craven 'fear-disguised-as-respect' for the OF culture that is the scourge of Scottish football.

Hibbyradge
23-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Right just do I've got this right. He's talking to the media but it's our players he's addressing? Saying they are in denial won't in the least bit help motivate them and somehow make them take their eye of the ball and poop themselves on Monday? The opportunity to giru Stubbs after this is even more motivation. We can have any public swagger we like but I'd wish he would just keep what we've been doing to the fore and not change anything this week. They are indeed rattled there is no need to ramp up any mind games. Do it on the pitch as we have and then say whatever we like. I think this is unwise in the lead up to this game.

Why does it bother you?

There is nothing that Stubbs could say which would give them more motivation. It's a top of the table clah with everything to play for.

Stubbs' attitude to them is a signal to his own players and gives The Rangers a reason to lose focus.

SanFranHibs
23-12-2015, 03:16 PM
I think Stubbs should show more respect to their fans. After all they are only the fans that took pleasure when it was revealed he had a form of cancer.

Come on Stubbs....you know they are just a misunderstood group of obnoxious, ignorant offensive and bigoted young lads.

Give it to them tight. I can't wait to see Malonga's celebration after he scores the opener !!!

Hibbyradge
23-12-2015, 03:19 PM
I love the Stubbs attitude. Bigots will be bigoted - that's what they do. They are not going to hate us any less because we give it to them back - all they will do is fear us more. Besides, who could possibly want to be 'liked' by those mutants?

More power to Stubbs in taking the piss and ripping apart this ludicrous, craven 'fear-disguised-as-respect' for the OF culture that is the scourge of Scottish football.

"Fear disguised as respect". That's exactly what I've been clumsily wanting to say.

Why are people worried that Stubbs' might get egg on his face? He's not although he knows it's a possibility.

CallumLaidlaw
23-12-2015, 03:27 PM
So rangers fans are complaining about how Stubbs addresses the Rangers. Warburton goes as far as to call us "the opposing team" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35169308 - I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it.

Carheenlea
23-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Would it be fair to say no Hibs fan under the age of 50 will have heard a manager talk in this manner?
I like it.

Thecat23
23-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Motherwell play-offs - enough said TC.

Media, pundits, ex players and authorities all willing them on - full houses at Ibrox - survey said 'eeeeehhhhahhhhh' !!!!

The Rangers don't do pressure - I'm sure Kenny will say otherwise but inwardly he knows we have the better squad mate.

Exactly mate, oh and they are feeling it alright!! Since we've pulled it back his chat has gone a lot quieter 😁

Thecat23
23-12-2015, 06:04 PM

I don't think Hibs will be as bad on Monday as the atmosphere will have the boys right up for it and the fact it's them. Sometimes you have games like sat were nothing really comes off but for us to dig deep and win it will lift them big time going into The Rangers game.

MWHIBBIES
23-12-2015, 06:15 PM

Hopefully Stubbs upping the ante in the media will gee the Hibs players up as well.We played well against Queens, would have been a cricket score if we scored our chances.

jacomo
23-12-2015, 06:16 PM
So rangers fans are complaining about how Stubbs addresses the Rangers. Warburton goes as far as to call us "the opposing team" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35169308 - I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it.

Ha ha have some 'respect' Warburton.

You gotta feel for him though. Fulham, QPR and Reading all said no, so he's stuck on the sinking ship.

And where is the money coming from for their January signings?

high bee
23-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Maybe someone should suggest he concentrates on his job, he's been too busy worrying about his wife's xmas present to notice they've let an 11 point gap disappear.

Typical Sevco fans, delighted when their 'big men' are doing the talking that they don't even notice the apocalypse occurring in the background. Green, Whyte, King, the bread man, they all know how to distract them.

Mr White
23-12-2015, 06:25 PM

If he's thinking of getting her a hat he really shouldn't get it from the place he got his. It's hardly lasted 6 months.

23-12-2015, 06:34 PM

Absolutely. We're not scared of them and fine well they know it. For too long we had a such nicey nicey attitude.

Spike Mandela
23-12-2015, 06:40 PM
We played well against Queens, would have been a cricket score if we scored our chances.

Respectfully, to quote the Warbmeister:wink:, I disagree. Thought we were lacklustre, lacking ideas and Queens pretty much stifled the game whilst a lot of our players had off days. Hopefully it's out their system for Monday.:cb

JimBHibees
23-12-2015, 06:51 PM
We played well against Queens, would have been a cricket score if we scored our chances.

Disagree thought we were average but to give them credit to me they played better than Falkirk the week before. We created great chances and think getting ahead would have made a difference to our performance. Early second half fans didn't help getting on players backs but were much better near the end, the winning goal was brilliant and sums up the teams confidence and belief at present.

Cod Boy
23-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Do the talking on the park

Jonnyboy
23-12-2015, 08:00 PM

A half season ticket for Easter Road? :greengrin

jabis
23-12-2015, 08:27 PM

It's his last paragraph,why mention it if it wasn't an issue 💩

Big L
23-12-2015, 09:05 PM

Gift vouchers from the Hibs shop!!

MKHIBEE
23-12-2015, 09:17 PM

Tickets for The The Rangers upcoming SPFL play off games.

Bostonhibby
23-12-2015, 09:25 PM
I think Stubbs should show more respect to their fans. After all they are only the fans that took pleasure when it was revealed he had a form of cancer.

Come on Stubbs....you know they are just a misunderstood group of obnoxious, ignorant offensive and bigoted young lads.

Give it to them tight. I can't wait to see Malonga's celebration after he scores the opener !!!

:agree: their obnoxious institution died as a result of their failure to pay their dues, everyone else is required to lament this false death whilst they can spout bile about someone surviving a life threatening illness? Scotlands shame continues, it's now called the rangers.

Don't let them forget.

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
23-12-2015, 09:35 PM

A bag for his head and earplugs for her....:dunno:

southern hibby
23-12-2015, 10:52 PM
If I was AS if go to iPox with a Hibs scarf all wrapped up in lovely Crimbo paper, addressed to MRS W.

Imagine the look on his face when you hand it to him and ask him to give to his mrs from you. priceless and I'd do it in front of the camera's so they pick up on it.

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
23-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Would it be fair to say no Hibs fan under the age of 50 will have heard a manager talk in this manner?
I like it.

:agree: I love Alan Stubbs.

vuefrom1875
23-12-2015, 11:25 PM
They're rattled make no doubt about it....get on 100/30, and have yourself a post xmas bonus. .😂

trev the hat
23-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Do the talking on the park

Yip

See u back here Mon night !!

SunshineOnLeith
24-12-2015, 01:52 AM
Respectfully, to quote the Warbmeister:wink:, I disagree. Thought we were lacklustre, lacking ideas and Queens pretty much stifled the game whilst a lot of our players had off days. Hopefully it's out their system for Monday.:cb

With respect, you're forgetting one very important factor.

They're crap.

Kiddo
24-12-2015, 02:36 AM
They're petrified of us, they expected to be 11 points clear after playing us at Easter road, all the pressure is on them. We've already got a massive psychological advantage

Onion
24-12-2015, 10:09 AM
They're petrified of us, they expected to be 11 points clear after playing us at Easter road, all the pressure is on them. We've already got a massive psychological advantage

:agree: Pressure on Warburton is immense. Media and Huns have been giving him the benefit, but a Hibs win on Monday will bring out the long knives.

The problem after that is Sevco has no money and a small, very average squad of players who over-perferformed in the first 10 games. Monday is a much bigger deal for Sevco than 3 points. It's make or break for them.

FranckSuzy
24-12-2015, 08:57 PM

O'Rourke3
24-12-2015, 09:38 PM
To My old man's a dustman

His name is Mark Warburton
He's lost his magic hat
He never means respectfully
Cos he is a Cockney Pratt. Alternate lyric available

Deek9
24-12-2015, 09:58 PM

He's lost his magic hat

Like it, does it fit better if u take out Mark?

SanFranHibs
24-12-2015, 10:07 PM

He's lost his magic hat

Good.

or

My name is Warburton,
I have a magic hat,
I had 11 points to play with,
Poof, they've gone.....just like that.

Jim44
24-12-2015, 11:54 PM
The pressure is all on Sevco. We can afford to lose this away fixture, in the knowledge that we can catch and overtake them in the next few weeks. They can't afford to lose, as their downward spiral will gain uncontrollable momentum.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-12-2015, 12:57 AM
My name is Warburton,
I had a magic hat,
Respectfully I lost it,
I am a f*****g twat

Big L
25-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Kenny Miller ( Newsnow )says they are not in denial! He says that they accept that they have had a form dip and puts it down to the last Hibs defeat!! He says that they want to end Hibs run and go on a run thenseves, and, that hopefully Hibs form will suffer if they beat us. At last a bit of honesty, why couldn't Warburton have just said the same?

portyhibernian
25-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Kenny Miller ( Newsnow )says they are not in denial! He says that they accept that they have had a form dip and puts it down to the last Hibs defeat!! He says that they want to end Hibs run and go on a run thenseves, and, that hopefully Hibs form will suffer if they beat us. At last a bit of honesty, why couldn't Warburton have just said the same?

Because, with respect, he's a twat. Respectfully.

Spike Mandela
26-12-2015, 10:35 AM
Stubbs cranking it up but funny how the media openly comment on it as mindgames whilst just quoting the Warbmeister verbatim in his articles.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/alan-stubbs-mark-warburton-can-t-bring-himself-to-mention-hibs-by-name-1-3984713

Ozyhibby
26-12-2015, 10:40 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/gary-ralston-its-time-rangers-7067619

Spike Mandela
26-12-2015, 11:14 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/gary-ralston-its-time-rangers-7067619

Holy **** is that a Rangers fanzine or the Daily Re....uhhh of. Course! The bias is breathtaking.:cb

Lago
26-12-2015, 11:51 AM
And that famous hibbie Kenny Miller flapping his gums about all things rangers in every paper I've read today.

ano hibby
26-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Stubbs cranking it up but funny how the media openly comment on it as mindgames whilst just quoting the Warbmeister verbatim in his articles.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/alan-stubbs-mark-warburton-can-t-bring-himself-to-mention-hibs-by-name-1-3984713
Like Stubbsys approach here..respecting the opposition whilst respectfully disrespecting the lack of respect shown from the respecting disrespector himself

Jim44
26-12-2015, 12:49 PM

To be be honest, unless I've misread it, Ralston is having a bigger go at Sevco than Hibs. Except for a dig at McGinn's 'fortunate' reprieve, he's more critical of them than us.

Jim44
26-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Stubbs, in his interview, compliments the Sevco supporters for their treatment of him during his diagnosis of cance, and says they are a decent bunch. . If he reads the bile on FF he might want to reconsider. They leave him without a name and some even crack jokes about his cancer. They are dispicable, but Stubbs encourages it by saying he loves them baying at him at games. I still say dumb insolence is a much more dignified and effective way of giving them two fingers. Might not happen, but if they beat us on Monday, the egg will definitely be on his chin.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Stubbs, in his interview, compliments the Sevco supporters for their treatment of him during his diagnosis of cance, and says they are a decent bunch. . If he reads the bile on FF he might want to reconsider. They leave him without a name and some even crack jokes about his cancer. They are dispicable, but Stubbs encourages it by saying he loves them baying at him at games. I still say dumb insolence is a much more dignified and effective way of giving them two fingers. Might not happen, but if they beat us on Monday, the egg will definitely be on his chin.

If they focus on him to give him the treatment then it has served his purpose. It will also galvanise the team who play for each other AND him.
The important stuff is what happens on the pitch and Stubbs has confidence in his charges which should give us heart as a support. Smart.

bingo70
26-12-2015, 01:59 PM

How?

He's not said anything disparaging about their team or that we'll definitely beat them. All he's said is that they are in a poor run of form and he thinks it's because they're worried about us catching them.

Leithenhibby
26-12-2015, 02:27 PM
If they focus on him to give him the treatment then it has served his purpose. It will also galvanise the team who play for each other AND him.
The important stuff is what happens on the pitch and Stubbs has confidence in his charges which should give us heart as a support. Smart.

:agree:

Absolutely spot on !......

Spike Mandela
26-12-2015, 02:41 PM
To be be honest, unless I've misread it, Ralston is having a bigger go at Sevco than Hibs. Except for a dig at McGinn's 'fortunate' reprieve, he's more critical of them than us.

That piece is written as if speaking directly to an audience of Rangers fans (which it is of course being the DR).

Written from the view point of disaster for Rangers and no consideration for Hibs success should results go our way.

Throw in the conspiracy theory Mcginn panel and the pantomine villain of Stubbs with the glint in his eye and it just feels like something from a Rangers fanzine and not a supposed national newspaper.

Yeah the headline says Sevco need to grow a set but why not praise the infamously soft centred Hibs for finally finding theirs.

Just glad I never by this pathetic rag any more and delighted that a result against them this coming Monday will have guys like Gary Ralston seething with their knives out for Warburton.

Onion
26-12-2015, 03:15 PM
That piece is written as if speaking directly to an audience of Rangers fans (which it is of course being the DR).

Written from the view point of disaster for Rangers and no consideration for Hibs success should results go our way.

Throw in the conspiracy theory Mcginn panel and the pantomine villain of Stubbs with the glint in his eye and it just feels like something from a Rangers fanzine and not a supposed national newspaper.

Yeah the headline says Sevco need to grow a set but why not praise the infamously soft centred Hibs for finally finding theirs.

Just glad I never by this pathetic rag any more and delighted that a result against them this coming Monday will have guys like Gary Ralston seething with their knives out for Warburton.

He's just follow following the lead of his west coast paymasters - pay no heed to the opposition just concentrate on The Rangers.

You're spot on of course. All the focus is on Stubbs comments rather than who, what and why Hibs are 17 unbeaten and how The Rangers can go about beating us tactically / strategically rather than this "gerrintaeem" rally call. It's become obvious that this approach can't be backed up by the men on the pitch, they are nothing like as good / tough / skilled as Huns teams of the past but God forbid a journo suggesting that. Career limiting move.

Hibs07p
27-12-2015, 12:31 PM
The mind games continue in the Sun today. I hope our last comments in tomorrows editions mention our 3-0 victories at Ibrox to really get inside their heads, over to you Kenny Millar and Gordon Smart.

GGTTH

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6823948/Alan-Stubbs-Im-not-at-wind-up-with-Gers.html

“The most important thing is that it’s not about Mark and I, it’s about the two teams on the pitch. If it adds to the occasion and the spice, then great.

“From the last two months it’s been said that they are just focusing on themselves, it’s just them.

“I’d like to see what they are thinking now. It’s never all about you. Other teams have a say.

“It’s not as straight forward as just ‘it’s all about us’. You are never 100 per cent, you’re never always great.”

Warburton has long insisted he and his players have not concerned themselves with Hibs.

Stubbs refuses to believe that is the case.

His side can move ahead of Rangers for the first time this season at Ibrox tomorrow and Stubbs reckons that has to be preying on their rivals minds.

He said: “You can only deny for so long. Is there pressure going into the game? Pressure is a word where, if you start to think of it, you start thinking of failing.

“We are not thinking of failing. We are going in really excited. We can’t wait. It’s a free shot.

“We have got ourselves level so we will not be protecting what we have got. Our mentality will be the same as it was over the past ten, 12, 14 weeks.

“We want to win every game and if we get in front we want to keep going. We won’t be looking over our shoulder — if you keep winning you don’t have to look over your shoulder.”

FranckSuzy
27-12-2015, 12:59 PM
The mind games continue in the Sun today. I hope our last comments in tomorrows editions mention our 3-0 victories at Ibrox to really get inside their heads, over to you Kenny Millar and Gordon Smart.

GGTTH

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/hibernian/6823948/Alan-Stubbs-Im-not-at-wind-up-with-Gers.html

“The most important thing is that it’s not about Mark and I, it’s about the two teams on the pitch. If it adds to the occasion and the spice, then great.

“From the last two months it’s been said that they are just focusing on themselves, it’s just them.

“I’d like to see what they are thinking now. It’s never all about you. Other teams have a say.

“It’s not as straight forward as just ‘it’s all about us’. You are never 100 per cent, you’re never always great.”

Warburton has long insisted he and his players have not concerned themselves with Hibs.

His side can move ahead of Rangers for the first time this season at Ibrox tomorrow and Stubbs reckons that has to be preying on their rivals minds.

He said: “You can only deny for so long. Is there pressure going into the game? Pressure is a word where, if you start to think of it, you start thinking of failing.

“We are not thinking of failing. We are going in really excited. We can’t wait. It’s a free shot.

“We have got ourselves level so we will not be protecting what we have got. Our mentality will be the same as it was over the past ten, 12, 14 weeks.

“We want to win every game and if we get in front we want to keep going. We won’t be looking over our shoulder — if you keep winning you don’t have to look over your shoulder.”

:love ya!: AS

Matt92
27-12-2015, 01:15 PM

GGTTH

Actually love Alan Stubbs. He is 100% spot on here.

The pressure is entirely on Rangers tomorrow, who have thrown away a very large initial lead as teams up and down the Championship have sussed them out and how to beat them. We on the other hand are 17 games unbeaten (including the SPFL league leaders) with nothing to lose here. If we lose, we are still only three points behind them nipping at their heels with a long way yet to go, if we win Rangers crumble will continue. Don't feel any pressure about tomorrow, just excitement.

Heisenberg
27-12-2015, 03:24 PM
I like some of the headlines I've just read on Twitter stating Waghorn won't shy away from taking a penalty tomorrow. It's a stick on. Hibs player sent off too. Probably in the first half.

Onion
27-12-2015, 05:20 PM
I like some of the headlines I've just read on Twitter stating Waghorn won't shy away from taking a penalty tomorrow. It's a stick on. Hibs player sent off too. Probably in the first half.

Exactly what I thought. Why would there be so much coverage about some guy taking a penalty ? Huns trying to get inside the ref's head and predicting the usual official bias you get at Hunbrox in the big games. Full expect a Hibby to get marching orders early to sway the match. The Huns simply cannot afford to lose this one.

Onion
27-12-2015, 05:38 PM
More pressure on Sevco or Hibs tomorrow ?

A Hibs loss would be disappointing but that's it. Still leave us within one win of the Huns and much better placed than we feared back in Nov. Plenty time to come again.

A Sevco loss would be devastating to them. The Hun Hoards and media will turn on them and start asking serious questions of Warbs management, many of the players and the Lying King's commitment. Could easily go into meltdown. They simply cannot afford to lose.

While neither would admit it, a point would prob suit both teams.

Has Subbs been goading them so they really go for it - at the risk of getting picked off ? Or will they be cagey, just hoping not to get beat ?

Eyrie
27-12-2015, 08:08 PM
A loss tomorrow isn't that big a deal for us providing we then beat Raith to start another winning run. We've already made up an eight point deficit so three points isn't a concern, especially when Sevco have still to visit Easter Road.

Agree that a draw would suit both teams. They'll view it as steadying the ship whilst we'll look forward to the game at Easter Road.

But a win for us will see them bricking it. Respectfully of course.

So the pressure is all on them.

Nutmegged
28-12-2015, 09:38 AM
A draw wouldn't suit both clubs, we'd be very happy with a draw but that mob would be very unhappy with it, they'd see it as two points dropped, I'd take a draw but doubt any Sevco fan would be so happy to take it.

Nutmegged
28-12-2015, 09:41 AM

GGTTH

What a magnificent outlook

Just Alf
28-12-2015, 09:45 AM
A draw wouldn't suit both clubs, we'd be very happy with a draw but that mob would be very unhappy with it, they'd see it as two points dropped, I'd take a draw but doubt any Sevco fan would be so happy to take it.

Yup.... my dad's a Hun and he's defo of the opinion anything but a win is not good and will show that Our boss has the measure of Warburton and got into his head.
Draw = big set back
Loss = much bigger set back

Both multipied massively if they don't win their next couple of games.

I'm loving it!

Keith_M
28-12-2015, 10:09 AM
Verily, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth in Sodom, Gomorrah... and nearby Govan... on the Morrow.

For Respectful Mark of Warburton willt knoweth that his time hath cometh.

All the hideous monsters of the West shall wail in the streets, bemoaning their lot in life.

Lazarus FC of Govan shall lie slain upon the solied, Buckfast stained roadways.

The Holy Scribes of Record Towers shall posit that their typewriter keys of Doom were clattered in vain and that a career in Drug Peddling would indeed have been be a much more noble path.

The Sun shall rise upon the righteous in the East, knowing that Saint Alan of Stubbs, having slain the Dragon, be the real Saviour and leadeth them on the path to righteousness... and the Premiership.

All hail Lean Dempster!

Here endeth the Lesson.

wills
28-12-2015, 11:17 AM
3 points today a must! Will have them playing catch up, but also, with Falkirk only 3 points behind and on a decent run they will go into meltdown

Hibzbollah
28-12-2015, 01:03 PM
I have been around a while and I can't remember a manager, since Eddie Turnbull, who was prepared to talk up the Hibs position. More so toward Jock Stein to be fair. So when was this bravado that was followed by a spanking? I for one am all for hearing our club talked up. Whether we win lose or draw it matters not too much on Monday for the overall result of the season but we have been prepared to be all mousie mousie for far too long. It has been very refreshing to see the change in that attitude right through the club under LD and AS, it is now time for the fans to start to take the same attitude IMO

After allowing the frustration of our letting mediocrity be acceptable for year I all but gave up on Hibs and the game. Then along came LD, supported by AS, who immediately put The Rangers in their place about the Scott Alan situation. It was that which brought me around and I bought a season ticket for the first time in years. But then, to paraphrase a razor advert, I was so impressed, I also bought shares, HSL shares and Hibs TV.

Times they are a chanin' down Easter Road, let's all get behind it!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGTTH :flag::flag::flag:

I think this post captures best what's changed with Hibs. I live in London but used to travel up for games. I stopped after Mobray left and we returned to mediocrity with an attitude to match. LD and AS have stopped the demise and given the club and fans back our identity and pride. I'm not sure how today will go but the pressure is most definitely on the fickle Huns. The game is way more important for them. AS is right to call them out and to needle them. The change in attitude at ER is staggering. Both LD and AS have rekindled my love for Hibs. I'll be looking to come back to games and follow our club with pride again.

greenlex
28-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Right can we now concentrate getting it right on the park and firget this mind games pish. Thanks.