PDA

View Full Version : Greg Kiltie

Greencore
22-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Hibs are hoping to tie up a deal for Kilmarnock youngster Greg Kiltie. The 18-year-old is out on contract at Rugby Park at the end of the year. (Scottish Sun)

3pm
22-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Dunno much about him other than he has a good reputation.

The Sun's Kenny Millar has tweeted about him a couple of times. And I have just tweeted him about it.

Greencore
22-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Seems to have been Capt. At every level apart first team for Scotland, he's a winger. Don't know much either. Good old Wikipedia.

Big_Franck
22-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Never heard of him to be honest. I presume we'd have to pay a fee for him and if so we must rate him highly if we are prepared to do that.

He's scored twice for Killie in 15 games. Here's the first (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r55qoHY_iog) and his second (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r55qoHY_iog). There's also this interview (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBE-IBXlxF8) with Kiltie on Killie's youtube channel.

Jumbo
22-12-2015, 09:06 AM
Sam Stanton and Jordon Forster going the other way as payment, according to article

J-C
22-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Sam Stanton and Jordon Forster going the other way as payment, according to article

I'd be disappointed to see Forster going, a loan deal for him I'm ok with but I still feel there's a cracking centre half in there.

Big_Franck
22-12-2015, 09:09 AM

I'd heard Stanton was going to Falkirk.

Big_Franck
22-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I'd be disappointed to see Forster going, a loan deal for him I'm ok with but I still feel there's a cracking centre half in there.

I'd be disappointed to see Forster going anywhere, even on loan at this stage. One injury to Gray, or any of the other three centre halves and we are very thin on numbers at the back.

Jones28
22-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Stanton can go, I'd be very dissapointed if Forster was to though.

Greencore
22-12-2015, 09:24 AM
Stanton can go, I'd be very dissapointed if Forster was to though.

Who's place would he take?

eastmainsmsh
22-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Hope we keep both sending them out on loan only

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2015, 09:34 AM
A move to Kilmarnock will mean first division football next season.

Jim44
22-12-2015, 09:36 AM
I hope Stubbs has a good centre half replacement lined up if Foster goes.

bigwheel
22-12-2015, 09:36 AM
A move to Kilmarnock will mean first division football next season.

perhaps...but currently both Stanton and Forster are getting almost no first team football...

Stevie Reid
22-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Trust Stubbs implicitly, but would still be sorry and surprised if Forster were to go.

J-C
22-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Who's place would he take?

We could see a bit of squad rotation, many teams do it and infact Stubbs rested Hanlon on saturday for McGregor, I see no reason Jordan can't come in and play the odd game to keep everyone fresh.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Don't sell Forster, Jordon Forster... 🎤

GreenArmyyy!
22-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Would be really unhappy if Forster goes, he has a very big future if he can stay fit IMO. Very good attacking threat at set-pieces as well. Don't want to get at Hanlon because he has been very consistent this year but I do think Forster is a better all round defender.

erin go bragh
22-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Could this be the guy that Killie fans were raging that the club have let his contract run down ,without extending it . Saying he has been a stand out , when playing .

GGTTH

brog
22-12-2015, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=erin go bragh;4528478]Could this be the guy that Killie fans were raging that the club have let his contract run down ,without extending it . Saying he has been a stand out , when playing .

GGTTH[/QUOTE

Been a stand out for U-21's as well IIRC.]

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-12-2015, 10:35 AM
perhaps...but currently both Stanton and Forster are getting almost no first team football...

Agreed.
But given a run and the opportunity, I think both these lads could be playing regularly in the top flight. May suit us for them to go to Killie, but may not suit them....is the point I as trying to make, albeit badly.

Would not be fussed to lose Stanton, but Forster is worth keeping.

erin go bragh
22-12-2015, 10:38 AM
I'd heard Stanton was going to Falkirk.

Would be very surprised if we let Sam go there .

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Sam will be leaving no matter what and I it's only fair that we let Forster go as well. He is nowhere near the level of Fontaine, Hanlon or McGregor.
They both need to start playing games or their careers will be over before they have begun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew70
22-12-2015, 11:08 AM
Sam will be leaving no matter what and I it's only fair that we let Forster go as well. He is nowhere near the level of Fontaine, Hanlon or McGregor.
They both need to start playing games or their careers will be over before they have begun.

Sorry but Jordon is a quality centre half in the making and someone we should keep. He can learn from the three you mention but that will only mould him into an even better player.

I think a loan move could be beneficial, as long as we can recall should anything go wrong with the first three but I'd hope we don't get rid of him permanently.

Stevie Reid
22-12-2015, 11:11 AM

Forster has only just recently turned 22 and has made over 50 appearances for us - he is a big character on the park, a threat at set pieces, and definitely a good, adaptable squad player at the moment. I think he has the potential to be a big player for us in years to come, but again, I'll go with Stubbs' judgement.

FWIW, Darren McGregor was playing junior football at 23 - so in that context, Forster is way ahead of where McGregor's career was, at 22 years old. That's no guarantee of anything, players develop at different rates - and sometimes just stop developing, full stop - but worth mentioning.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Not saying I don't think Forster can be a good player. He can, if he gets games. He needs to be playing. He's 22 now. We can't give him game time so we need to be fair to the lad.
He's played 50 times for us but he should have played double that by now and established himself in the first team.

nellio
22-12-2015, 11:33 AM
For me there is no question about Forsters ability, he';s easily good enough for Hibs. Is he asking for a move? If not I would keep him and let him develop further but if he is asking for a move away for first team football its difficult to keep him here just sitting on the bench all year long.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Id rather keep forster....he's a cracking player

vanNISHtelroy
22-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Could this be the guy that Killie fans were raging that the club have let his contract run down ,without extending it . Saying he has been a stand out , when playing .

GGTTH

Yeah that's the one!

And no offence but if he leaves and joins for two fringe players from your team, rather than the compensation that apparently we need (which was bad enough) I'm done with them.

Theres still stories of midtable English Championship sides looking at him though

GreenArmy1875
22-12-2015, 11:48 AM
His contract up at end of the year. I would extend for 2 and loan him out for 1

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 11:51 AM
For me there is no question about Forsters ability, he';s easily good enough for Hibs. Is he asking for a move? If not I would keep him and let him develop further but if he is asking for a move away for first team football its difficult to keep him here just sitting on the bench all year long.

He won't develop further unless he is playing and he is nowhere near our first team just now.

bigwheel
22-12-2015, 11:53 AM
He won't develop further unless he is playing and he is nowhere near our first team just now.

This is the main point. Forster needs to get games. Under Stubbs that is not going to happen, Stubbs has already decided he is not a first team regular for him. He should go somewhere and get regular football, we can't keep everyone.

GreenPJ
22-12-2015, 12:00 PM
This is the main point. Forster needs to get games. Under Stubbs that is not going to happen, Stubbs has already decided he is not a first team regular for him. He should go somewhere and get regular football, we can't keep everyone.

Do we think Fontaine will still be here next season? I am only surmising but at his age he probably has one last lucrative contract in him for a championship club down south. I would like him to stay but could see his agent looking to see what might be on offer down there. Too me I would put Forster back out on loan but with the intent he will be first team next season or we will let him go if all 3 current CHs are here and fit.

bigwheel
22-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Do we think Fontaine will still be here next season? I am only surmising but at his age he probably has one last lucrative contract in him for a championship club down south. I would like him to stay but could see his agent looking to see what might be on offer down there. Too me I would put Forster back out on loan but with the intent he will be first team next season or we will let him go if all 3 current CHs are here and fit.

i think he will. Even if he isn't, I think Stubbs has made his mind up that Forster is not the replacement.

erin go bragh
22-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Yeah that's the one!

And no offence but if he leaves and joins for two fringe players from your team, rather than the compensation that apparently we need (which was bad enough) I'm done with them.

Theres still stories of midtable English Championship sides looking at him though
None taken mate but with the amount of goals your conceding. Forster could be just what your needing .

GGTTH

GreenArmyyy!
22-12-2015, 12:51 PM
Spoke to a Killie fan this morning who is absolutely fuming at this. Thinks he is the best talent since Naismith and isn't staying because the wages on offer are garbage.

Billychaotic182
22-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Just tweeted that he was coming to hibs then quickly deleted it......

KeithTheHibby
22-12-2015, 01:18 PM

Fontaine is contracted until the end of next season. Hanlon, McGregor and Forster are all out of contract at the end of this season.

The Sundance Kid
22-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Fontaine is contracted until the end of next season. Hanlon, McGregor and Forster are all out of contract at the end of this season.

McGregor is end of next season as well

TheFamous1875
22-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Jordon Forster's the perfect example of why the loan system needs to be revamped in this country. We should be able to have him out on loan full-time with the option to be recalled as and when needed. In Jordon's case he's missed out on about a month-and-a-half of playing time since he's been available for selection.

We should be able to have him out there getting the minutes and experience under his belt, and, should he be needed (he hasn't been needed at all this season) we should be able to recall him on the off-chance that one of our central defenders becomes injured, or possibly if we're playing with three at the back and we need him on the bench as cover. It's a shame that young players like Forster can't get the game time they need because of the way the loan system works.

I'm sure most clubs would agree to this as the chances of missing their on-loan player in this scenario are slim, and should they be up available for selectio for their parent-club, it would be akin to being suspended or injured or on international duty. The argument is that it hinders the club the player is on-loan to in the short term, but is it really that different to a player coming up against his parent club like what happened to Alex Harris on Saturday?

You're lucky if we've needed Jordon more than once or twice this season, and that's only as an option from the bench if we've been playing three at the back, not actually in the starting line-up.

The current loan system stifles Jordon's progress and our clubs' progress in the development of our young players. It needs to be changed for the good of producing good players in this country.

But aye, Greg Kiltie, eh?

J-C
22-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Forster was building up a decent understanding with Hanlon, unfortunately Stubbs brought in Fontaine who has a good amount of experience. I could understand why Hanlon wasn't allowed to leave as he had bags of potential and with Forster being the youngest, he's been dropped for the other 2, come this season and we've seen McGregor coming which knocks Jordan further down the list. His injuries haven't helped one bit, I'd say it's a crossroads for this young lad, stay and fight or decide it's time to move for the sake of his career.

Diclonius
22-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Just tweeted that he was coming to hibs then quickly deleted it......

Good stuff.

Squealing pig
22-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Big signing number 1 lol

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Forster was building up a decent understanding with Hanlon, unfortunately Stubbs brought in Fontaine who has a good amount of experience.

When did Forster and Hanlon have this good understanding?
I would say Fontaine has been a good signing.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 04:07 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/22/1e3ee9bd6f2e145bc09dd4a91aa82e96.jpg
Preparing to leave?

J-C
22-12-2015, 04:18 PM
When did Forster and Hanlon have this good understanding?
I would say Fontaine has been a good signing.

I never said he wasn't my point being Stubbs has brought in experience and quality and with Forster still a fledgling so to speak, he's been knocked down the list. Not his fault, plus injuries have hampered his progress.

Iggy Pope
22-12-2015, 04:30 PM
I never said he wasn't my point being Stubbs has brought in experience and quality and with Forster still a fledgling so to speak, he's been knocked down the list. Not his fault, plus injuries have hampered his progress.

Sums it up for me.
And Ozyhibby seems to have answered his own daft question about the Hanlon understanding with the tweet he has copied on to here.
I'd like to see him stick. He's maybe not in the first team but this is a squad game. I also happen to think he is a tidy footballer.

007 Mickey Weir
22-12-2015, 04:53 PM
We don't know the conversations Stubbs has had with the players. Maybe both Stanton and Forster have asked to leave as they need regular 1st team games to further there careers. So Hibs have accommodated them and also managed to bag a brilliant prospect like Kiltie. Stubbs may also have lined up another right sided defender so feels he can let Forster go.

In Stubbs we trust!!!!!

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Sums it up for me.
And Ozyhibby seems to have answered his own daft question about the Hanlon understanding with the tweet he has copied on to here.
I'd like to see him stick. He's maybe not in the first team but this is a squad game. I also happen to think he is a tidy footballer.

A photo of two players on the pitch together is proof of a good understanding? [emoji23]

vanNISHtelroy
22-12-2015, 05:16 PM
None taken mate but with the amount of goals your conceding. Forster could be just what your needing .

GGTTH

Foster isn't what we need tbh, we need someone who is capable of organising a team from back to front.

Spoke to a Killie fan this morning who is absolutely fuming at this. Thinks he is the best talent since Naismith and isn't staying because the wages on offer are garbage.

Him and Robbie Muirhead were reckoned to be the next Naisys. We let Robbie go to Dundee United for 20p and some cones for Locke to put out for training, over a £50 difference in what he was asking for and what we were willing to offer apparently

Greg's uncle is on our board you would think he would be able to sort things out! But the story doing the rounds was that we were just making offers to him to get the compensation in January....but now apparently we want players from you instead. Showing again (along with the talk we are signing Ryan Stevenson....who hates us and we hate him) he has no idea of footballers outside Edinburgh.

matty_f
22-12-2015, 05:17 PM
I'd definitely like to see Forster stay. He's a good player already, and will get better.

erin go bragh
22-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Foster isn't what we need tbh, we need someone who is capable of organising a team from back to front.

Him and Robbie Muirhead were reckoned to be the next Naisys. We let Robbie go to Dundee United for 20p and some cones for Locke to put out for training, over a £50 difference in what he was asking for and what we were willing to offer apparently

Greg's uncle is on our board you would think he would be able to sort things out! But the story doing the rounds was that we were just making offers to him to get the compensation in January....but now apparently we want players from you instead. Showing again (along with the talk we are signing Ryan Stevenson....who hates us and we hate him) he has no idea of footballers outside Edinburgh.
Some goods news . RS has signed for Ayr .

GGTTH

Franck Stanton
22-12-2015, 05:34 PM

Signed a new two year deal at start of this season.

erin go bragh
22-12-2015, 05:44 PM

GGTTH

snooky
22-12-2015, 05:56 PM

GGTTH

RS??? :dunno:
Roodie's Kach? or Respiratory Sufferer signs for Ayr? :wink:

vanNISHtelroy
22-12-2015, 06:32 PM

GGTTH

Made my day! :thumbsup: Hadn't seen that until you said.

Probably about his level too...

ekhibee
22-12-2015, 06:42 PM
I've seen Kilty play in 2 or 3 games, although it was highlights. He looked a really good young player and I can totally understand Killie fans being angry if he is indeed coming to us after his contract runs out.

Ayrshire Hibee
22-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Seems to have been Capt. At every level apart first team for Scotland, he's a winger. Don't know much either. Good old Wikipedia.

watched him play for galston boys club at a very young age (my niece played in same team and plays for Killie ladies now) he would single handley beat every opposition player and score a will and ive never seen a better dribbler at that age when I watched them play.

could be a good signing

mentalhibee
22-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Not that im a PH hater, are people forgetting that AS has been playing others in his position ??,perhaps AS is looking at changing formations to benefit HFC. AS knows exactly what he wants for us to progress and i am totally with him

Stubbs has been rotating the centre back pairing, last time we played rangers it was mcgregor and Hanlon....with hanlon getting the glorious winner! Hopefully more of the same on the 28th!

scoopyboy
22-12-2015, 09:51 PM
Stubbs has been rotating the centre back pairing, last time we played rangers it was mcgregor and Hanlon....with hanlon getting the glorious winner! Hopefully more of the same on the 28th!

Not sure why this is on the Greg Kiltie thread but I think we will play a back three at Ibrox.

Brightside
22-12-2015, 10:23 PM

He won't be getting in ahead of the current three so for his development he needs to go (hopefully on loan) and get game time.

007 Mickey Weir
22-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Not sure why this is on the Greg Kiltie thread but I think we will play a back three at Ibrox.

Yes I think he will play 3 CBs and the two wing backs. Then Fyvie, McGinn and Henderson midfield. Big Dom and Cummings up front.

truehibernian
22-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Yes I think he will play 3 CBs and the two wing backs. Then Fyvie, McGinn and Henderson midfield. Big Dom and Cummings up front.

This game is teed up for Keatings for me - The Rangers don't play a natural holder in midfield so playing Keatings just off the two or allowed to drop a little deep to pick up loose possession - ideal - he's a live wire and will also tie up Halliday and Holt.

J-C
23-12-2015, 12:14 AM
A photo of two players on the pitch together is proof of a good understanding? [emoji23]

Very strange post indeed. :confused:

J-C
23-12-2015, 12:16 AM

Speculation about Forster maybe going to Killie as part of the Kiltie deal.

Mibbes Aye
23-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Forster has only just recently turned 22 and has made over 50 appearances for us - he is a big character on the park, a threat at set pieces, and definitely a good, adaptable squad player at the moment. I think he has the potential to be a big player for us in years to come, but again, I'll go with Stubbs' judgement.

FWIW, Darren McGregor was playing junior football at 23 - so in that context, Forster is way ahead of where McGregor's career was, at 22 years old. That's no guarantee of anything, players develop at different rates - and sometimes just stop developing, full stop - but worth mentioning.

I think highlighting the amount of games Forster has played actually reinforces how Hanlon is far and away the best example of a player successfully making the transition in a long, long time.

By Forster's age, Hanlon had something like 130 games under his belt, almost all starts. He's added another hundred or so since then. He's someone who always seems to have his share of doubters year-on-year though.

FWIW I really like Forster but it's clear he's not really getting much of an opportunity and he needs to be playing games. If he doesn't fit into Stubbs' vision for Hibs then fair enough. I think he has the potential to do well elsewhere though, Wotherspoon-style. It's a bit confusing as on paper he looks like he should fit with what we want - someone who can play attacking RB in a back four, play wingback on the flank of a back three, possibly even in the middle of a back four, offering an attacking threat.

As for Greg Kiltie, I've never seen him but it's nice that we are being linked with talent elsewhere.