PDA

View Full Version : Another Quality Poster from Lewes FC

Sergey
21-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Folks can knock the Pub Leagues - but show me one club in Scotland who can produce match posters such as this.

Quality peeps down at Lewes and one of the best grounds in the whole of the country for enjoyment.

GlasgowHibee
21-12-2015, 09:58 PM
Average at best, Motherwell's match posters piss all over that shoddy effort.

Close the thread.

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/12/motherwells-match-day-posters-are-utterly-glorious/

Stax
21-12-2015, 10:03 PM

Close the thread.

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/12/motherwells-match-day-posters-are-utterly-glorious/
Touché

LancsHibs
21-12-2015, 10:11 PM

Close the thread.

They are fantastic:top marks

Nando™
21-12-2015, 10:12 PM

Close the thread.

Those are brilliant!

HH81
21-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Those Motherwell ones are ace.

Ringothedog
21-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Scottish Premiership 1 0 English pub leagues

CapitalGreen
21-12-2015, 10:22 PM

Close the thread.

:top marks

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2015, 11:13 PM
I really don't feel like a lack of posters is the problem in Scottish football.

--------
21-12-2015, 11:24 PM
I really don't feel like a lack of posters is the problem in Scottish football.

Don't say that - I was just thinking, "English Pub Leagues are mince; the SPFL's mince, but wow! we have this really keen competition going on for who puts out the best match posters ..."

Now you've gone and brought me back to reality.

Motherwell are 10th in the Scottish Premiership and play in one of the cruddiest "stadiums" in senior football anywhere in the world, but they have GREAT MATCH POSTERS.

Wow!

matty_f
21-12-2015, 11:48 PM
Would be nice to see Hibs getting on board, given the high quality of the creative output recently, i reckon we'd have some crackers.

KWJ
22-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Those Motherwell ones are awesome btw, great collectors items.

Columbus Blue Jackets doing a similar thing in the NHL.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=108269

Torto7062
22-12-2015, 07:30 AM

Close the thread.

Now what's the chance Leanne and the Physio Chickerell and Hibs Ladies doing a few posters.....
Thought's gents 😎😎😎😎

superfurryhibby
22-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Now what's the chance Leanne and the Physio Chickerell and Hibs Ladies doing a few posters.....
Thought's gents 

In a word, nah!

The Mothers' posters are however rather fantastic. Nice touch and very creative. A touch of retro, with a modern twist.

As an aside, WTF is with all the confrontational attitude from some people. Are we on attention seeking. net? By all means debate etc, but..........

Salt N Sauzee
22-12-2015, 08:01 AM

Close the thread.

such passionate words

McSwanky
22-12-2015, 08:30 AM
As an aside, WTF is with all the confrontational attitude from some people. Are we on attention seeking. net? By all means debate etc, but..........

:agree:

Pretty Boy
22-12-2015, 08:41 AM
In a word, nah!

The Mothers' posters are however rather fantastic. Nice touch and very creative. A touch of retro, with a modern twist.

Well said.

It's nearly Christmas, Hibs are unbeaten in 17 games, we're going clear at the top of the league on Monday, it's unseasonally mild.....

It's a time for peace and goodwill to all men (except Hearts, Rangers and Celtic fans).

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2015, 11:26 AM
In a word, nah!

From my point of view its the backhanded pop at Scottish football in the OP. What's wrong with 'look at these nice posters' instead of the swipe at Scottish clubs that accompanied it?

In a very recent thread I had a mild go at Sergey for another one of his posts in which he made an unfavourable comparison between the SPFL and the Bostic superglue premier league conference south or whatever footballing nirvana at the arse end of the English football pyramid it is that he obviously thinks is setting the standard for Scottish football to aspire to.

Like everybody else I'm well aware of the defects in Scottish football and that a lot of work is required to get us back to where we want to be. Its a subject that needs to be discussed and I'm all for that. But in a positive and helpful way .... making unfavourable and nonsensical comparisons between our game and English pub league plus is unhelpful, unwelcome and just bloody annoying.

Jamesconnolly
22-12-2015, 11:47 AM
From my point of view its the backhanded pop at Scottish football in the OP. What's wrong with 'look at these nice posters' instead of the swipe at Scottish clubs that accompanied it?

In a very recent thread I had a mild go at Sergey for another one of his posts in which he made an unfavourable comparison between the SPFL and the Bostic superglue premier league conference south or whatever footballing nirvana at the arse end of the English football pyramid it is that he obviously thinks is setting the standard for Scottish football to aspire to.

Like everybody else I'm well aware of the defects in Scottish football and that a lot of work is required to get us back to where we want to be. Its a subject that needs to be discussed and I'm all for that. But in a positive and helpful way .... making unfavourable and nonsensical comparisons between our game and English pub league plus is unhelpful, unwelcome and just bloody annoying.

That'll be sergey the guy with all the bull.in the know MA ass

WeeRussell
22-12-2015, 12:00 PM

Exactly - the persistence and ridiculousness of it suggests he is at the wind-up, or no the full shilling.

Ozyhibby
22-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Back on topic, I would like to see us use something like this on Easter road for some big night games. There are a couple of Edinburgh companies doing this just now and it's fairly inexpensive.
http://youtu.be/YADbPYJNGOg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
22-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Guys if we have a problem with Sergeys post then fine but it's not an excuse for it to be open season on him.

Criticism is fine, going that wee bit further isn't. That goes for everyone.

Thanksm

worcesterhibby
22-12-2015, 12:25 PM
yea be great to see some posters like this at Hibs..great stuff, love it.

Salt N Sauzee
22-12-2015, 12:36 PM

That'll be sergey the guy with all the bull.in the know MA ass

Exactly - the persistence and ridiculousness of it suggests he is at the wind-up, or no the full shilling.

In a word, nah!

http://s.quickmeme.com/img/58/58ec63f25853257e11463eef3b53b6956df0e47e78010d4c16 748dde66685758.jpg

dave62
22-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Lewes FC's posters may not be to everyone's taste, but they do play at The Dripping Pan, arguably the best named football ground in the country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dripping_Pan

LancsHibs
22-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Lewes FC's posters may not be to everyone's taste, but they do play at The Dripping Pan, arguably the best named football ground in the country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dripping_Pan

Lancaster City FC - The Giant Axe

Baader
22-12-2015, 04:05 PM
Those Motherwell posters really are fantastic.

Pete
22-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Lewes's ones are better but Motherwell's are still really good. I didn't even know theirs existed and maybe we should try something like that. After all we are the most creative club in the country.

I'm not going to single any one poster out for special attention as that's probably against forum rules.

(Do you see what I did there?)

Mr White
22-12-2015, 04:43 PM
I'm not going to single any one poster out for special attention as that's probably against forum rules.

:top marks

Carheenlea
22-12-2015, 05:01 PM
The Motherwell ones are excellent - I really like them a lot. Something that would be tailor made to share on social media to promote matches.

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Shepshed Dynamo play at the best place though, imagine playing there? :greengrin

Sergey
22-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Shepshed Dynamo play at the best place though, imagine playing there? :greengrin

:faf:

Butthole Lane
Shepshed
Leicestershire
LE12 9BN

blackpoolhibs
22-12-2015, 06:26 PM
:faf:

Butthole Lane
Shepshed
Leicestershire
LE12 9BN

Have you ever been there Sergey? :wink:

Just Alf
22-12-2015, 06:31 PM
The Motherwell ones are excellent - I really like them a lot. Something that would be tailor made to share on social media to promote matches.
Good shout.... would love to see what could be done.

As an aside, did anything ever happen with the dot.net artwork request? I remember one of the pm's posting something looking really good his daughter had done.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Sergey
22-12-2015, 07:31 PM
15 minutes before KO and ETFC are at full strength.

13/10 best price and that looks a very decent price. Scouts there aplenty watching a couple of the young ETFC lads.

Liam89
22-12-2015, 08:24 PM
15 minutes before KO and ETFC are at full strength.

13/10 best price and that looks a very decent price. Scouts there aplenty watching a couple of the young ETFC lads.

How they looking?

Sergey
22-12-2015, 09:43 PM
How they looking?

Enfield won 0-2 and cruised it - but the weather was the winner.

Before KO:

Liam89
22-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Enfield won 0-2 and cruised it - but the weather was the winner.

Before KO:

Cheers :aok:
Stuck a wee wedge on Enfield/Hibs double at 9/1. It'll be a good new years celebration if we win.

Mikey09
23-12-2015, 09:46 AM
Those Motherwell ones are awesome btw, great collectors items.

Columbus Blue Jackets doing a similar thing in the NHL.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=108269

They're superb! I love Ice Hockey and it's an ambition of mine to go to a NHL game. It'll happen.... One day!!! :agree:

jacomo
23-12-2015, 12:25 PM
How they looking?

Their posters are terrible.