PDA

View Full Version : Livi - Manager sacked.

Brightside
21-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Hard to fathom that one. Seemed like he was a doing a good job. Another one for Jose to consider.

Michael
21-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Hard to fathom that one. Seemed like he was a doing a good job. Another one for Jose to consider.

Was he? Second from bottom with no wins in their last 5.

Brightside
21-12-2015, 06:53 PM
drew with gers, they were good against us, in the 4th rd of scottish, beat raith. couple of bad ones and he's out?? The club is run by idiots.

SmashinGlass
21-12-2015, 06:53 PM
To be honest, they looked better than their league position suggests last time they played us. Have been rooted in the lower parts of the league for the last few seasons though, so probably not too big a surprise

SausageSurprise
21-12-2015, 07:12 PM
The sooner that mob go to the wall the better. In and out of admin like a hoors knickers go up and down. Pathetic little club

Smartie
21-12-2015, 07:27 PM
A far better team than their league position would suggest. They just needed to give it a bit of time, ok their last couple of results were poor.

Their manager was most certainly not the problem, they look like a club run by idiots and will get what they deserve for an idiotic decision like this.

Torto7062
21-12-2015, 07:40 PM
The sooner that mob go to the wall the better. In and out of admin like a hoors knickers go up and down. Pathetic little club

😂😂😂😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Expectations eh? In a false place when third in the SPL for spending beans they didn't have. Where they are just now is more or less right given their resources.

JimBHibees
21-12-2015, 10:25 PM
drew with gers, they were good against us, in the 4th rd of scottish, beat raith. couple of bad ones and he's out?? The club is run by idiots.

Agree with that seems a harsh decision. Not that long ago they went in a run of beating both Queens and Raith by 3 goals narrowly losing to us and drawing with Gers. Bad loss to Alloa a week ago however given he had kept them up last year and won the Petrofac seems a ridiculous decision IMO.

kaimendhibs
21-12-2015, 10:27 PM

I'm with you! Always hated them since they beat us in final with a team they couldn't afford

21-12-2015, 11:25 PM
I've never quite got my head around the goings on at Livi. They just seem to go from one crisis to another. Appear to be one of the worst run clubs in Scottish Football for years.

A community that doesn't support them because its made up from people who are more interested in supporting the ugly sisters. A series of owners who have lived beyond their means.

And then there was 2004, where they bought a trophy and then went pop, only to con innocent creditors out of money.....now that does sound like a model that was repeated!!

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2015, 11:28 PM
Bit surprising ... though their position isn't good they played well against us and the Zombies, I would have thought they would have been a bit more patient.

lucky
22-12-2015, 12:17 AM
I've never quite got my head around the goings on at Livi. They just seem to go from one crisis to another. Appear to be one of the worst run clubs in Scottish Football for years.

A community that doesn't support them because its made up from people who are more interested in supporting the ugly sisters. A series of owners who have lived beyond their means.

And then there was 2004, where they bought a trophy and then went pop, only to con innocent creditors out of money.....now that does sound like a model that was repeated!!

Being a resident of the new town they struggle to attract supporters but there as many Hibs/Hearts fans out here as Old Firm.

As for the sacking, Livingston still believe they should be in the top six in the SPLF but the reality is they are a smaller club that Ayr and Dunfermline

GreenPJ
22-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Every time I heard Burchill speak he came across very well, whether that be in assessment of a game or playing down the issues he faced at Livi (i.e. only having 3-4 subs for a few games due to squad size/quality).

PatHead
22-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Ian Murray possibly?

JimBHibees
22-12-2015, 11:38 AM
Every time I heard Burchill speak he came across very well, whether that be in assessment of a game or playing down the issues he faced at Livi (i.e. only having 3-4 subs for a few games due to squad size/quality).

Agree seems a smart guy been treated very poorly IMO.

Thecat23
22-12-2015, 12:06 PM
He's happy to be away from it all.

Bronson
22-12-2015, 12:09 PM

Of course, that's exactly what scottish football needs, more clubs going out of business!:aok:

What a strange and bitter post:rolleyes:

bigwheel
22-12-2015, 12:13 PM
He's happy to be away from it all.

That's interesting. Despite his results, I felt he was making headway with that team and came across as a potential management talent for the future. Will be interested to see him in his next role.

Thecat23
22-12-2015, 12:16 PM
That's interesting. Despite his results, I felt he was making headway with that team and came across as a potential management talent for the future. Will be interested to see him in his next role.

Dropped you a PM.

Thecat23
22-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Of course, that's exactly what scottish football needs, more clubs going out of business!:aok:

Well if you cheat and don't play by the rules it will come back and bite you in the arse.

Clubs is soulless really is.

HappyHanlon
22-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Why's it strange?

A club that continually cheats and rips off local businesses.

Best thing for Livi is to be put out of business.

Fenriz
22-12-2015, 12:36 PM
Always felt he was doing a great job given the resources he had to work with. Was always positive and pulled off a few great results during his spell as manager. Reckon Livingston are facing a fairly bleak future without him.

Thecat23
22-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Always felt he was doing a great job given the resources he had to work with. Was always positive and pulled off a few great results during his spell as manager. Reckon Livingston are facing a fairly bleak future without him.

This.

Sylar
22-12-2015, 01:58 PM
I grew up following Livingston and find it really difficult to see the continuation of what's gone before.

Scheister after charlatan after crook has taken over the club and every one of them deemed "fit and proper" by the powers that be. Shambolic, it really is.

Burchill was doing a splendid job with the minimal resources he had and given: a) the 5 point deduction and b) the transfer embargo last season, performed miracles to both keep them up AND win a trophy last season.

There are mumblings that relegation this season would spell the end of the club and then all of those crowing about their hatred of the club will get their wish. However, it'll be the poor folks who lose their jobs, livelihoods and football club that will suffer. Not the companies who have previously lost out to the previous boards' and their running of the club.

The fans who have continued to follow Livingston throughout all of this deserve a medal. All they want to do is go and watch their team on a Saturday, something that is perpetually challenged by a lack of interest at both board and community level.

GreenPJ
22-12-2015, 02:16 PM
I grew up following Livingston and find it really difficult to see the continuation of what's gone before.

Scheister after charlatan after crook has taken over the club and every one of them deemed "fit and proper" by the powers that be. Shambolic, it really is.

Burchill was doing a splendid job with the minimal resources he had and given: a) the 5 point deduction and b) the transfer embargo last season, performed miracles to both keep them up AND win a trophy last season.

There are mumblings that relegation this season would spell the end of the club and then all of those crowing about their hatred of the club will get their wish. However, it'll be the poor folks who lose their jobs, livelihoods and football club that will suffer. Not the companies who have previously lost out to the previous boards' and their running of the club.

The fans who have continued to follow Livingston throughout all of this deserve a medal. All they want to do is go and watch their team on a Saturday, something that is perpetually challenged by a lack of interest at both board and community level.

Is this not the crux of the matter - if the community doesn't have an interest then can it/should it be sustained as a club in the football league? Any Scottish club (perhaps with the exception of Celtic) need the community to support the club or at least the concept, that is where current and future fan base comes from and if that isn't there then it only has one direction. I feel sorry for the fans that do seem to support but would they equally support a local junior club?

Sylar
22-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Is this not the crux of the matter - if the community doesn't have an interest then can it/should it be sustained as a club in the football league? Any Scottish club (perhaps with the exception of Celtic) need the community to support the club or at least the concept, that is where current and future fan base comes from and if that isn't there then it only has one direction. I feel sorry for the fans that do seem to support but would they equally support a local junior club?

Valid, but look at the attendances that the club were getting during their early rise. People who would go and watch the club ARE there but a lot of them just got utterly fed up with all of the off-field nonsense and turned their backs.

The infrastructure (imposed by the SPFL's stupid requirements for a 10k seated stadium) isn't cost-effective for the club so perhaps they need to relocate/downsize to become more self-sufficient and more in-line with where the club should be size-wise.