PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EAST TERRACE STONES CERTIFICATE COLLECTION

RSS Bot
21-12-2015, 11:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5983)

MB62
21-12-2015, 12:37 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5983)

I realise the East Stand stones is a good idea that gives the club a few quid extra, however, why is it limited to just the East Stand.

We are all West Stand Upper fans that goes back to the old wooden stand where we had season tickets for and if I was going to purchase a stone, that's where I would like it to be placed. I have no doubt there will be others who frequent the FFS and who might like a stone in there.

This not a slagging for the club, far from it, more a wee appeal as to who to contact to suggest such a thing to see if it was possible.

Anybody know who would be the person to e-mail about this?

Pretty Boy
21-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I realise the East Stand stones is a good idea that gives the club a few quid extra, however, why is it limited to just the East Stand.

We are all West Stand Upper fans that goes back to the old wooden stand where we had season tickets for and if I was going to purchase a stone, that's where I would like it to be placed. I have no doubt there will be others who frequent the FFS and who might like a stone in there.

This not a slagging for the club, far from it, more a wee appeal as to who to contact to suggest such a thing to see if it was possible.

Actually think that's a decent idea that Hibs might be willing to look at.

I got my Grandad a stone for his 80th and it's on the East but as long as I can remember we always stood or sat where the FF now is, had there been the option that's where I would have got it.

Not a moan or complaint, just an idea that may have been overlooked.

EH54
21-12-2015, 12:41 PM
I would e-mail the guy who is dealing with the stones for the east i would imagine he would pass it onto the right person.

bmcgoldrick@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Carheenlea
21-12-2015, 12:47 PM

I think the thinking may be that the East is secure - as sad a thought as it is, the secure location avoids the concern of vandalism. It gives the exterior of the East some character that was missing, and that may be lost if situated elsewhere. It's a difficult one because a lot of fans will never even have seem the stones as a result of their stand of preference. Is there scope to have them inside the West or FF maybe?

MB62
21-12-2015, 01:12 PM
I think the thinking may be that the East is secure - as sad a thought as it is, the secure location avoids the concern of vandalism. It gives the exterior of the East some character that was missing, and that may be lost if situated elsewhere. It's a difficult one because a lot of fans will never even have seem the stones as a result of their stand of preference. Is there scope to have them inside the West or FF maybe?

Are the stones on the outside of the stand? I always thought they were inside.
My thought/idea would be that they would be fixed to the grey stone (or is it white? in there every other week and I can't remember :confused: ) opposite the food area.
I would like to get one, maybe even two, but don't want to buy it for an area where I will never see it.

Carheenlea
21-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Are the stones on the outside of the stand? I always thought they were inside.
My thought/idea would be that they would be fixed to the grey stone (or is it white? in there every other week and I can't remember :confused: ) opposite the food area.
I would like to get one, maybe even two, but don't want to buy it for an area where I will never see it.

Yes, the stones are on the outside of the stand. 15793

GreenCastle
21-12-2015, 01:31 PM

It's a good idea and many fans have memories of being in the west and FF stands.

Surely a way to get something on the external of the West - the famous five would have to be inside but I'm sure many parents would be happy to buy their kids a stone etc. Even if the famous five ones were more child friendly so kids can relate to them.

MB62
22-12-2015, 08:59 AM
I would e-mail the guy who is dealing with the stones for the east i would imagine he would pass it onto the right person.

bmcgoldrick@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Does this e-mail address still work? I just keep getting Mailer deamon returned when I try to e-mail him

MB62
22-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Have now e-mailed the club asking if stones for the other stands could be considered as an option.
The e-mail provided for Brett McGoldrick doesn't work but I have found another general one for the club.

BoomtownHibees
22-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Have now e-mailed the club asking if stones for the other stands could be considered as an option.
The e-mail provided for Brett McGoldrick doesn't work but I have found another general one for the club.

I used that email address yesterday and got a reply from him so it does work

MB62
23-12-2015, 07:11 AM

That's interesting, it might be something blocking it at my end then. Might try it again.

MB62
23-12-2015, 10:12 AM

I e-mailed Brett again this morning and have received a reply already, well done and thanks to Brett.

Stones for other stands have been discussed but nothing in place at the moment, further discussions early next year to take place, possibly to see if there is enough interest in extending this to other stands I would imagine.

Here's hoping :thumbsup:

leggeto
23-12-2015, 10:57 AM

Would be better on the west as the east is closed off and can only see them on matchdays,much better if anyone can view them