PDA

View Full Version : Blatter and Platini banned for 8 years!

SteveHFC
21-12-2015, 09:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35144652

Pleasing news to wake up too. :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2015, 09:40 AM
good, should have been banned sine die, shame on them both and all the rest of the crooks in Fifa/Uefa

MrSmith
21-12-2015, 09:41 AM
disappointed re Platini, thought he was a good guy! :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2015, 09:46 AM
http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/16671/production/_87316719_blatterplaster.jpg

all the other disgraced officials should have a whip-round and get him a shaver for xmas

Big_Franck
21-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Delighted with this but it's not before time. Blatter will be absolutely sickened, which just makes it all the better.

Thecat23
21-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Should have been jailed.

CropleyWasGod
21-12-2015, 10:32 AM
Should have been jailed.

Unfortunately, FIFA don't have that power.:greengrin

But watch this space....

Scottie
21-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Word on the street is Blatter to Hearts and Platini to the Huns.

Who says crime doesn't pay ? :rolleyes:

ian cruise
21-12-2015, 10:41 AM
good, should have been banned sine die, shame on them both and all the rest of the crooks in Fifa/Uefa

They've only been able to provide breach of riles around gifts which is why it's 8 years. However US and Switzerland are now going to get involved so possibly further ramifications.

Deansy
It's absolutely hilarious that this 'Ethics Committee' (Oxymoron ?) fine them peanuts but make no mention of returning the £1.35m - an amount that - if the FBI ever get a total figure of how much FIFA money is rotten - will be minuscule compared to the total amount that the pair of them have 'handled' throughout their entire careers, which must total roughly 60/70 years between the two of them !!

It would be even more hilarious if one single member of this 'Ethics Committee' really believe the outside world will see this action as FIFA really cleaning up their act !!!

jdships
Begs the question surely - How far does this corruption go ? It has even be suggested that it is happening in Charities !!
How did it go undetected for all these years - stinks :greengrin!!
Reminds one of a couple of football clubs :wink:
It also raises questions about other organisation's
Is this a business wide crime/problem ? Are we , the public ,victims of major fraud in many large company's ?
" Corruption ,Corruption , Corruption "

jdships
21-12-2015, 10:42 AM
It's absolutely hilarious that this 'Ethics Committee' (Oxymoron ?) fine them peanuts but make no mention of returning the £1.35m - an amount that - if the FBI ever get a total figure of how much FIFA money is rotten - will be minuscule compared to the total amount that the pair of them have 'handled' throughout their entire careers, which must total roughly 60/70 years between the two of them !!

It would be even more hilarious if one single member of this 'Ethics Committee' really believe the outside world will see this action as FIFA really cleaning up their act !!!

:agree::top marks

ian cruise
21-12-2015, 10:45 AM

As above, they could only prove they breached rules surrounding the giving of gifts. These guys are experts at hiding their acts. Fifa couldn't get enough evidence to convict on grounds of corruption even though that's the outcome they wanted.

s.a.m
21-12-2015, 10:55 AM
The Blatter press conference is hilarious. He's gone all Henry Sellers.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9kvHMVQ00idfrTLcKwn2q1NnzH9XFH eBGPJzgA5MEoDrvS_-tBA

Ozyhibby
21-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Only when they are in jail will I be happy.
There are no good guys in football administration as we have seen in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmashinGlass
21-12-2015, 12:20 PM
This pair have scammed millions through the years and their punishment..... Early retirement. That's what it amounts to

Monts
21-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Blatter seems to be losing the plot. Rambling about being above the committee and that they can't ban him because he's the president. Sounds like someone who has had his own way for quite a while now. The way an overthrown dictator might act.

Deansy
21-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Blatter seems to be losing the plot. Rambling about being above the committee and that they can't ban him because he's the president. Sounds like someone who has had his own way for quite a while now. The way an overthrown dictator might act.

Hopefully he'll lose the plot completely and start naming national organisations that have 'benefitted' (or been complicit ?) with his/FIFA's benevolence over the years ..........

poolman
21-12-2015, 03:15 PM

Another crook

Voted for Qatar as well 😈

Who in their right mind would vote for that place to hold a world cup unless there were a lot of substantial sized broon envelopes getting passed around

Carheenlea
21-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Another crook

Voted for Qatar as well 

Who in their right mind would vote for that place to hold a world cup unless there were a lot of substantial sized broon envelopes getting passed around

:agree: As a former footballer playing at the highest of level, there was never a chance his vote was cast with the game in mind.

Stevie Reid
21-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Just watched a heartbreaking story on Channel 4 News about a man who was failed in shocking fashion by the police, and was kicked to death and then set on fire by a local man who mistakenly thought he was a paedophile.

That was juxtaposed in quite sickening fashion with the very next story being that corrupt ******* claiming that he was a "punchbag" and banging on about humanity and quoting Nelson Mandela. I wanted to kick the tv screen in.

The sooner this senile old goat no longer gets the opportunity to face the cameras and pedal his infuriating lies, the better. I hope the obnoxious, arrogant, despotic old prick rots in jail.

Platini can GTF as well.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Just watched a heartbreaking story on Channel 4 News about a man who was failed in shocking fashion by the police, and was kicked to death and then set on fire by a local man who mistakenly thought he was a paedophile.

That was juxtaposed in quite sickening fashion with the very next story being that corrupt ******* claiming that he was a "punchbag" and banging on about humanity and quoting Nelson Mandela. I wanted to kick the tv screen in.

The sooner this senile old goat no longer gets the opportunity to face the cameras and pedal his infuriating lies, the better. I hope the obnoxious, arrogant, despotic old prick rots in jail.

Platini can GTF as well.

Well said.

tamig
21-12-2015, 08:24 PM

Platini can GTF as well.

Exactly. It was when he said "I'm sorry..." and I was half expecting a genuine apology but he actually apologised for the game, implying it would be lost without him. What an arrogant self-centred old pillock of a man.

Jack Hackett
21-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Exactly. It was when he said "I'm sorry..." and I was half expecting a genuine apology but he actually apologised for the game, implying it would be lost without him. What an arrogant self-centred old pillock of a man.

What gets me is his claims later in the speech that he still has much support within FIFA...mainly from all the wee peripheral nations where backhanders are a way of life...not that it isn't in the so called 'developed' world...and he's right, he got enough support to get re-elected even as the scandal was breaking.

Hopefully, the investigations will unearth enough whistleblowers to see the whole house of cards collapse

Hibs Class
21-12-2015, 09:29 PM
I was watching him earlier, put me in mind of Stockholm Syndrome. He has been a hostage to his own lies and sycophantic entourage for so long that he may genuinely see himself as a victim. Yet he has brought it all on himself, I think he proves that it's possible to be bad and mad at the same time. Hopefully history will judge him as he deserves to be judged.

jgl07
21-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Are you joking?

He is far more corrupt that Blatter. At least when Blatter was bribed to back the USA for the 2022 World Cup he stayed bribed. Platini received a bigger bribe from Qatar and lumbered everyone with a World Cup in November.

Pete
21-12-2015, 10:16 PM

all the other disgraced officials should have a whip-round and get him a shaver for xmas

What's this all about? Is it to make people feel sorry for him or something.
FFS give it up man. You're about 90 and have had decades of undeserved privilege that you will probably get away with. Learn golf or something.

Platini's is the saddest story. When I was growing up he was the best player in the world and it's tragic that temptation and greed have made him into what he is today. A real football man who could have lead the game but alas. It must be hard not to get involved if that was the decades old, ingrained culture of FIFA.

lucky
21-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Plantini is in his own world, he believes in Blatter's pish but pretends he's a different to him but reality he's worse than him. Corrupt should be his middle name

SkintHibby
22-12-2015, 04:00 AM
Don't care what anyone says. Politics is at work here.

I fully expect Russia to be stripped of the 2018 World Cup because it has the temerity to dare to become a world power again.

It really angers me to hear the FBI is investigating wrongdoings in FIFA. Since when did the USA become the world's policeman? They don't even give a fhrhh about 'Soccer'!!!

Blatter and Platini are merely pawns in bigger political goings on.

England and USA to rotate the World Cup for the next 100 years.

Onion
22-12-2015, 05:25 AM

Exactly :agree: The media should refuse to give him any air time and all files should be handed over to the FBI.

Onion
22-12-2015, 05:29 AM
What's this all about? Is it to make people feel sorry for him or something.
FFS give it up man. You're about 90 and have had decades of undeserved privilege that you will probably get away with. Learn golf or something.

Platini's is the saddest story. When I was growing up he was the best player in the world and it's tragic that temptation and greed have made him into what he is today. A real football man who could have lead the game but alas. It must be hard not to get involved if that was the decades old, ingrained culture of FIFA.

Great example of how power corrupts. The way things have panned out, they should just close FIFA down with immediate effect and assume that everyone currently in office is corrupt - start again.

Stevie Reid
22-12-2015, 10:01 AM
On Monday, he continued to defend himself, making reference to Nelson Mandela.

“Mr Mandela was talking about humanity. Humanity needs no other significance than to respect each other and I say that to celebrate humanity through football was created by this great humanist."

This is how much respect that ******** Blatter paid to Nelson Mandela previously: -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoDA1pDISRM

NAE NOOKIE
22-12-2015, 10:36 AM

I fully expect Russia to be stripped of the 2018 World Cup because it has the temerity to dare to become a world power again.

It really angers me to hear the FBI is investigating wrongdoings in FIFA. Since when did the USA become the world's policeman? They don't even give a fhrhh about 'Soccer'!!!

I would be surprised if Russia lost out ... alleged bribes notwithstanding a case can be made that given their football history Russia were due a shot anyway, especially when other countries have had it twice and countries with much less of a claim like Japan, South Korea, South Africa and the USA have held the tournament.

As for the FBI ..... The USA's interest in football or lack thereof has nothing to do with it. A lot of the swill of corrupt cash running through FIFA was finding its way through and into the US banking system and like it or not the USA is part of FIFA. The Yanks take an extremely dim view of corporate fraud and hand out massive prison terms to those found guilty of it.

The question folk should be asking is why it took the Yanks to get to grips with FIFA's runaway corruption when a lot of countries a lot closer to the workings of world football failed to do anything, including us.

Baader
22-12-2015, 04:23 PM

The FBI have every right to as initially the investigation centred on payments concerning CONCACAF and alleged breaches that took place in the US. Their stance on football has nothing to do with it. The game will be in a better place for weeding these crooks out so it's good to see something finally happening.

Russia won't be stripped of the World Cup.

Keith_M
23-12-2015, 08:25 AM
There are rumours here in Munich of a link between Bayern and the (alleged) corruption involved in the voting for Germany 2006.

I mentioned on here months ago that Beckenbaur would be named in regard to the FIFA corruption investigation, as lots of people were hinting about underhand payments at the time, and it looks like he's the link in the latest rumours.

Bayern, their Fans and their many friends in the Media showed themselves up for what they really are during the Hoeness Tax evasion case. They seem to consider themselves to be the 'special' club and above the law (they gave a heroes welcome to Hoeness on his return to the Club after his conviction and time in jail). It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were connected to corruption in football in a big way.

EskbankHibby
23-12-2015, 10:55 AM

Worst Adam Ant fancy dress attempt ever.

bigwheel
23-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Worst Adam Ant fancy dress attempt ever.

hahaha deserves a thumbs up that one :thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
23-12-2015, 01:04 PM
Should have been jailed.

I have a wee feeling that will be the next step.:thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
23-12-2015, 02:17 PM
I would be surprised if Russia lost out ... alleged bribes notwithstanding a case can be made that given their football history Russia were due a shot anyway, especially when other countries have had it twice and countries with much less of a claim like Japan, South Korea, South Africa and the USA have held the tournament.

As for the FBI ..... The USA's interest in football or lack thereof has nothing to do with it. A lot of the swill of corrupt cash running through FIFA was finding its way through and into the US banking system and like it or not the USA is part of FIFA. The Yanks take an extremely dim view of corporate fraud and hand out massive prison terms to those found guilty of it.

The question folk should be asking is why it took the Yanks to get to grips with FIFA's runaway corruption when a lot of countries a lot closer to the workings of world football failed to do anything, including us.
We'll see how far this goes. If the FBI start going after the TV deals then its US broadcasters wanting a bigger share of the pot that's kicked this off.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

ancient hibee
23-12-2015, 07:39 PM
We'll see how far this goes. If the FBI start going after the TV deals then its US broadcasters wanting a bigger share of the pot that's kicked this off.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

You mean SKY/Fox ?

You have to hand in to the Yanks.Only been involved 5 minutes and have people running for cover in all directions.Get the FBI into the UK and and clean out the chancers.