PDA

View Full Version : delia

vuefrom1875
20-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Word on street. .delia to get his jotters tomorrow😊😊😊

Forza Fred
20-12-2015, 11:12 PM
If that happens, then surely Moyes would be first approached?

PatHead
20-12-2015, 11:15 PM
As long as it is not Stubbsy.

Forza Fred
20-12-2015, 11:18 PM
As long as it is not Stubbsy.

I think they would not go for someone who does not have European managerial experience.

PatHead
20-12-2015, 11:23 PM
I think they would not go for someone who does not have European managerial experience.

Hope not but he would be cheap by their standards. Even if they didn't papers would love it in the build up to Monday.

Monts
20-12-2015, 11:26 PM
With Celtic losing £10m a season without rangers, it might well be beneficial for them to take our manager, given his potential, regardless of his relatively low experience.

Pete
20-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm sure the board will tell Celtic where to go should they make any approaches. This season is far too important to even entertain something like this.

Ozyhibby
20-12-2015, 11:52 PM
Will mean we are unlikely to get any loan deals from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Hope not but he would be cheap by their standards. Even if they didn't papers would love it in the build up to Monday.

I said the exact same. The next few days the media will be desperate to get their hands on anything they can to try and unsettle the camp and if Deila goes then it's the perfect opportunity for them to get the rumour mill going.

The less hibs are in the media this week the better. Keep the press away and get on with preparing the team for the 28th.

20-12-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm sure the board will tell Celtic where to go should they make any approaches. This season is far too important to even entertain something like this.

Exactly. Leanne and co are not stupid, there's no way they would risk our promotion chances by selling Stubbs.

HoboHarry
21-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Celtic will not be approaching us for a first season manager. Brendan Rodgers is available and if they wanted to create a real stir (and really wind up Sevco) they could at least approach the "the special one". He would be too expensive I would think but it would be good for season ticket sales. 😜

ian cruise
21-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Part of me thinks the José suggestion isn't that madness.

He knows he's guaranteed champions league every year. Would be a great chance to rebuild his reputation as his last few clubs have let ended well. Every player at the club would look at him like a football God and do what he asks similar to the reaction he got from the original Chelsea team.

Hibbyradge
21-12-2015, 12:10 AM

He knows he's guaranteed champions league every year. Would be a great chance to rebuild his reputation as his last few clubs have let ended well. Every player at the club would look at him like a football God and do what he asks similar to the reaction he got from the original Chelsea team.

There's more chance of Baldy Foghorn being appointed Celtc manager. Or me.

ian cruise
21-12-2015, 12:12 AM

I fell for one of these PM tip offs before..... Where is Mikey anyway?

Hibbyradge
21-12-2015, 12:14 AM
I fell for one of these PM tip offs before..... Where is Mikey anyway?

He's in for the The Rangers job.

Deansy
21-12-2015, 01:52 AM
Celtic will not be approaching us for a first season manager. Brendan Rodgers is available and if they wanted to create a real stir (and really wind up Sevco) they could at least approach the "the special one". He would be too expensive I would think but it would be good for season ticket sales. 

Not beyond the realms of impossibility - I don't think there's any suitable vacancies in the EPL just now so they could even offer him, say, a 4-5 month deal ?. As you say, it would be great for their sales and really wind up the Hun !!!

SanFranHibs
21-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Think Delia has been good for Scottish football. He has achieved in two seasons what others have failed to do in a much longer period......a competitive SPL.

liamh2202
21-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Think Delia has been good for Scottish football. He has achieved in two seasons what others have failed to do in a much longer period......a competitive SPL.

Made me chuckle 😂

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2015, 01:56 PM

He knows he's guaranteed champions league every year. Would be a great chance to rebuild his reputation as his last few clubs have let ended well. Every player at the club would look at him like a football God and do what he asks similar to the reaction he got from the original Chelsea team.Difference is that team cost over 200 million. Not a chance in hell he even considers them, especially when he has just turned down a team with genuine quality players and potential in AS Roma.

Hibee87
21-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Haha does anyone seriously tgink celtic could attract, let alone afford jose? Man u will be looking for a manager soon, and bayern in 5 months time. Moyes would be the obvious choice

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Haha does anyone seriously tgink celtic could attract, let alone afford jose? Man u will be looking for a manager soon, and bayern in 5 months time. Moyes would be the obvious choiceAncelotti is joining Bayern, confirmed yesterday.

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2015, 01:59 PM

I'm taking over after Stubbs goes:greengrin

Iain G
21-12-2015, 02:00 PM
What odds on Warburton for Celtic job? ;-)

Onion
21-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Exactly. Leanne and co are not stupid, there's no way they would risk our promotion chances by selling Stubbs.

If Stubbs wanted to go (and he'd jump at it), there's nothing Hibs could do to stop him. It would be an almighty mess.

Let's just hope, Celtic have bigger ambitions than a 1 season Championship manager who's achieved diddly squat. Even if they do, that won't stop the Huns from stoking things up with their media pals. It would be a late Xmas present for the bottle crashers.

southern hibby
21-12-2015, 02:14 PM

I vote for Baldy he'd sort the wedgie fans oot. Lol

GGTTH

Onion
21-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Not beyond the realms of impossibility - I don't think there's any suitable vacancies in the EPL just now so they could even offer him, say, a 4-5 month deal ?. As you say, it would be great for their sales and really wind up the Hun !!!

:crazy:

Hibee87
21-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Ancelotti is joining Bayern, confirmed yesterday.

Ah bit seen that, but my maien point still stands...id be suprised if jose could even point glasgow on map

HibbyDave
21-12-2015, 02:26 PM
Word on street. .delia to get his jotters tomorrow

What street? there's no-one in my street at the moment so it must be somewhere else.
GGTTH

Moulin Yarns
21-12-2015, 02:32 PM
What street? there's no-one in my street at the moment so it must be somewhere else.
GGTTH

Kerrydale :wink:

Colr
21-12-2015, 02:42 PM

Celtic would be a MASSIVE step down for Jose.

Brightside
21-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Celtic will not be approaching us for a first season manager. Brendan Rodgers is available and if they wanted to create a real stir (and really wind up Sevco) they could at least approach the "the special one". He would be too expensive I would think but it would be good for season ticket sales. 

The idea of Celtic going for Rodgers is funny enough but Jose??? Its the scottish premiership. Its **** football and no manager of any stature would go near it.

ian cruise
21-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Difference is that team cost over 200 million. Not a chance in hell he even considers them, especially when he has just turned down a team with genuine quality players and potential in AS Roma.

I wasn't suggesting that he'd get anywhere near the success he had in his first spell with Chelsea if he went to Celtic. I was meaning more the buy in he'd get from the players.

When Jose was at Porto everyone did evert my thing he said, to great affect. When he went to Chelsea though he had an embarrassment of riches that wasn't the deciding factor in their success. Terry, Lamport, Drogba all bought in to his plan 100% and would have crawled over broken glass for him and the team. He's not had that at inter, real and definitely not this current Chelsea team who look like they were purposely doing the opposite of what he asked.

For what it's worth, I really don't imagine seeing him go the Celtic, there's just a small part of me that could imagine that his ego would thrive off the adulation he would get, not just from fans but from players too, something he'll have found the big stars aren't giving him as they believe they are bigger than the clubs they play for. It's not like he needs the money so cash wouldn't be an issue.

As I said though, purely talking hypothetical. There's pretty much no chance he's going there.

21-12-2015, 02:47 PM
If Stubbs wanted to go (and he'd jump at it), there's nothing Hibs could do to stop him. It would be an almighty mess.

Let's just hope, Celtic have bigger ambitions than a 1 season Championship manager who's achieved diddly squat. Even if they do, that won't stop the Huns from stoking things up with their media pals. It would be a late Xmas present for the bottle crashers.

If celtic were to come in for him i doubt he would leave in January. We are in a title fight and I think he would want to stay and try and achieve something. As somepone mentioned, hes not won anything as a manager yet, i'm sure he wouldn't waste the chance to maybe have title winning manager on his CV.

ian cruise
21-12-2015, 02:50 PM
If celtic were to come in for him i doubt he would leave in January. We are in a title fight and I think he would want to stay and try and achieve something. As somepone mentioned, hes not won anything as a manager yet, i'm sure he wouldn't waste the chance to maybe have title winning manager on his CV.

And still opportunity of cup too. I don't see him wanting the job just yet. I'm also not sure that Celtic would be looking at him just now. They've list a lot of fans interest and need a marquee signing to bring them back. I can see them going for someone with EPL experience if they can get them.

Onion
21-12-2015, 02:56 PM
I wasn't suggesting that he'd get anywhere near the success he had in his first spell with Chelsea if he went to Celtic. I was meaning more the buy in he'd get from the players.

When Jose was at Porto everyone did evert my thing he said, to great affect. When he went to Chelsea though he had an embarrassment of riches that wasn't the deciding factor in their success. Terry, Lamport, Drogba all bought in to his plan 100% and would have crawled over broken glass for him and the team. He's not had that at inter, real and definitely not this current Chelsea team who look like they were purposely doing the opposite of what he asked.

For what it's worth, I really don't imagine seeing him go the Celtic, there's just a small part of me that could imagine that his ego would thrive off the adulation he would get, not just from fans but from players too, something he'll have found the big stars aren't giving him as they believe they are bigger than the clubs they play for. It's not like he needs the money so cash wouldn't be an issue.

As I said though, purely talking hypothetical. There's pretty much no chance he's going there.

As much chance as him coming to Hibs.

Newry Hibs
21-12-2015, 02:57 PM
I would think if Celtc do get rid now, they would certainly have sounded out a replacement. Not sure many clubs get rid without someone else lined up.

Smartie
21-12-2015, 03:00 PM
I don't think Celtic would want Stubbs yet.

They were burned by the way it worked out for Mowbray - a big success with us, a moderate success everywhere else he's been but a failure at Celtic.

Stubbs has the same feel about him. A former player and showing a lot of promise but still a bit inexperienced. If he'd managed a club in at least the Championship down South he'd have a bit more credibility but I can't see them wanting him yet. We have to remember that The Rangers aren't the only club to suffer from delusions of grandeur through there.

Which is fine by me because imo Stubbs is the real deal. He won't be with us forever but it would be good to see him finish the main job he came here to do - get us back up at the earliest opportunity.

Since90+2
21-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Celtic would not be interested in Stubbs at this stage.

We all know how good a manager he is , or could become , but looking from the outside in he is someone who has never managed at a higher level than the Scottish Championship and has never won anything.

SanFranHibs
21-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I don't think Celtic would want Stubbs yet.

They were burned by the way it worked out for Mowbray - a big success with us, a moderate success everywhere else he's been but a failure at Celtic.

Stubbs has the same feel about him. A former player and showing a lot of promise but still a bit inexperienced. If he'd managed a club in at least the Championship down South he'd have a bit more credibility but I can't see them wanting him yet. We have to remember that The Rangers aren't the only club to suffer from delusions of grandeur through there.

Which is fine by me because imo Stubbs is the real deal. He won't be with us forever but it would be good to see him finish the main job he came here to do - get us back up at the earliest opportunity.

That would have been last season !!! He failed!

:wink:

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2015, 03:04 PM

As I said though, purely talking hypothetical. There's pretty much no chance he's going there.He absolutely did have that at Inter, you only have to listen to the way Marco Materazzi talks about him and where that squad went after he left to know that. He spend huge money on guys who were ''general'' types and would die for him, got everything out of them for 1 brilliant season and then jumped ship before it sunk. He didn't jump at Chelsea x2 and Real and it all fell to bits in the 3rd season.

The guys at Porto weren't average players who gave everything for him, they were brilliant and many went onto bigger clubs after that season.

Hibbyradge
21-12-2015, 03:06 PM
I'm taking over after Stubbs goes:greengrin

You'll not be able to collect your loyalty points if you're not paying to see the games...

Onion
21-12-2015, 03:06 PM

If Celtic are interested in Stubbs, you would not see him for dust. Celtic would not hang around waiting for a lower league manager to maybe win some 2nd division when they have Aberdeen a point behind them in the league and CL football / millions at risk. Stubbs and Hibs would be in no position to pick and choose the terms and Stubbs would just have to accept the quadrupling of this salary early. Tough luck.

Would still be amazed if they thought Stubbs was the man for the job.

Onion
21-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Celtic would not be interested in Stubbs at this stage.

We all know how good a manager he is , or could become , but looking from the outside in he is someone who has never managed at a higher level than the Scottish Championship and has never won anything.

2 main candidates for Celtic job, Alan Stubbs and Jose Mourinho. :crazy:

Hibbyradge
21-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Mourinho and Celtic in the same sentence.

I've seen it all now.

HoboHarry
21-12-2015, 03:23 PM

I've seen it all now.

It was me that started it and I never said that they would be likely to get him. I stated that approaching him would generate interest and possibly sell some season tickets.

Brightside
21-12-2015, 04:04 PM
It was me that started it and I never said that they would be likely to get him. I stated that approaching him would generate interest and possibly sell some season tickets.

The could maybe approach Fergie at the same time? or maybe Frank Sinatra? :greengrin

marleyhib
21-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Stubbs has only managed in the Scottish Championship for less than 2 seasons and won nothing. He's not going to Celtic.

Pete
21-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Stubbs has only managed in the Scottish Championship for less than 2 seasons and won nothing. He's not going to Celtic.

That's a very negative way of describing our manager and besides, what had Neil Lennon achieved in management before celtic appointed him?

Weststandwanab
21-12-2015, 04:29 PM

I've seen it all now.

Mourinho beat Celtic in a European Final !

Treadstone
21-12-2015, 04:40 PM
That's a very negative way of describing our manager and besides, what had Neil Lennon achieved in management before celtic appointed him?

I think it's a very accurate statement.

Pete
21-12-2015, 04:44 PM
I think it's a very accurate statement.

Cheers.

Edson Arantes
21-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Could well be Stubbsy in my opinion.

European experience or not he is turning into a solid manager.

Really hope not.:gwa:

DH1875
21-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Never mind, if they do go for Stubbs it clears the way for us to go for Mourinho.

Edson Arantes
21-12-2015, 05:04 PM

Laughed out loud at that. :aok:

Edson Arantes
21-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Never mind, if they do go for Stubbs it clears the way for us to go for Mourinho.

More chance of Pete Marino from the Scarpetta novels. :greengrin

chrisski33
21-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Word on my street deila aint going but poss gone in the summer

matty_f
21-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Word on the street is 'SLOW'.

erin go bragh
21-12-2015, 08:03 PM
I would think if Celtc do get rid now, they would certainly have sounded out a replacement. Not sure many clubs get rid without someone else lined up.

David Moyes !

GGTTH

Coults1875
21-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Word on my street deila aint going but poss gone in the summer

Wish I lived in one of your streets filled with footballing rumers! All I get is an update on which bin it is that's going out!

chrisski33
21-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Wish I lived in one of your streets filled with footballing rumers! All I get is an update on which bin it is that's going out!

Truth is thats the word on mime too. Noone knows if deila is going tomorrow.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Truth is thats the word on mime too. Noone knows if deila is going tomorrow.

You kept that quiet.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Deila is going nowhere I'm told.

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Word on the street is 'SLOW'.

STOP it