PDA

View Full Version : Foodbank - How did it go?

MB62
20-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Anyone any idea how the foodbank appeal went yesterday?
When we dropped our bag off outside the front of the ticket office, at about 2.45pm, the young helper there said they had about
3 1/2 tonne donated so far, which I thought was a pretty decent effort. As most people seem to arrive at the game in the last 15 minutes before kick-off, I would have thought it might have ended up a fair bit more.

lucky
20-12-2015, 04:35 PM
I thought they announced at the game 7 tones of food was collected

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2015, 04:37 PM
On Twitter today, they said 8.5 tonnes.

Had a brief chat with Bradley Welsh yesterday, who is keen for Hibs themselves to take ownership in the future.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 04:53 PM
8.5T is a great effort.

Well done to the organisers and to everyone who contributed. A few spare tins was nothing to me but could well be everything to someone less fortunate.

edwards
20-12-2015, 05:17 PM
A fantastic gesture from the Hibs support a massive pat on the back. I dropped mines off at the entrance for the East Stand and it was going well lots of fans donating.

FranckSuzy
20-12-2015, 07:15 PM
The guys are saying on Twitter that enough food for 13,010 meals was donated :not worth

Mr White
20-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Fantastic effort once again.

MB62
21-12-2015, 09:47 AM
A good news story that will probably not be seen in print. Media happy to report on all the crap things that go on in life, would be delighted to see a wee report about this somewhere.

Well done to all who donated something/anything.

BroxburnHibee
21-12-2015, 12:16 PM
A wonderful thing just don't see why he needed to take a pop at this site at the same time.

MB62
21-12-2015, 01:40 PM
A wonderful thing just don't see why he needed to take a pop at this site at the same time.

If you are referring to my comment, it most certainly was not having a pop at this site, it was more the EEN/STV/BBC Scotland news etc I was thinking off. They are quick to sensationalise any bad news stories but you can hardly find a good news article. This is certainly one of those, let's see if any of the mainstream media pick up on it.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2015, 02:08 PM
If you are referring to my comment, it most certainly was not having a pop at this site, it was more the EEN/STV/BBC Scotland news etc I was thinking off. They are quick to sensationalise any bad news stories but you can hardly find a good news article. This is certainly one of those, let's see if any of the mainstream media pick up on it.

I think BH was referring to the thank you post on Holyrood Boxing Gyms Facebook page as opposed to your post on here.

BroxburnHibee
21-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Aye sorry MB definitely not a pop at you.

hibbybob
21-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I think BH was referring to the thank you post on Holyrood Boxing Gyms Facebook page as opposed to your post on here.

What's that about? :confused:

I don't read the official site very often and probably wouldn't have known about, and therefore contributed to, the food collection if I hadn't read about it here!

Pretty Boy
21-12-2015, 03:10 PM

I don't read the official site very often and probably wouldn't have known about and therefore contributed to the food collection if I hadn't read about it here!

I've no idea and I don't think any of us have any desire to get into another war of words with Hands on Hibs.

The news bot picked up the foodbank article from the official site. A couple of admins bumped the thread and posted positively about it and encouraged people to be involved. That's about all we do for any charity/good cause stuff unless we are specifically approached to do more (see Leith Links and Dnipro appeal for examples).

I don't think we have done anything wrong and certainly have nothing to be ashamed off when it comes to helping good causes, others may disagree. I personally contributed to the foodbank and once again say well done to the organisers, it was a fantastic effort and they should be very proud of the response. If hibs.net can help out more in the future then there's an email contact for the site and we'll do what we can, as we always do when it comes to charities and worthy causes.

HibbyKeith
21-12-2015, 03:14 PM

I don't read the official site very often and probably wouldn't have known about, and therefore contributed to, the food collection if I hadn't read about it here!

This for me also, got an extra bag at tesco and dropped it off by car around 1pm after reading about it on here in the morning.

There should be zero negativity, fantastic effort from all concerned.

matty_f
21-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Great effort, and something all Hibs fans can take a bit of pride in. :agree:

iwasthere1972
21-12-2015, 05:17 PM

Agree. Seems a bit strange to have a go at Hibs.net admin when there was a thread about the collection on here and reminders from Hibs.net admin.

I don't get it.

A great response to the appeal. I was going to take some items but completely forgot all about it until I saw the collection at the stadium. Hopefully there will be another one in the future.

monktonharp
21-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Agree. Seems a bit strange to have a go at Hibs.net admin when there was a thread about the collection on here and reminders from Hibs.net admin.

I don't get it.

A great response to the appeal. I was going to take some items but completely forgot all about it until I saw the collection at the stadium. Hopefully there will be another one in the future.you could easily have popped your homemade pie intae any bag Bob :wink: seriously though that looks like a great response. I was a bit confused the last time this happened, as I asked various stewards,office staff etc at the main entrance,where to put the bags and none could answer:confused: I went home, and brought them back with me to deposit near the side of the shop where I saw a few lying. could not be there on Saturday due to health problems

MB62
21-12-2015, 07:37 PM
I've no idea and I don't think any of us have any desire to get into another war of words with Hands on Hibs.

The news bot picked up the foodbank article from the official site. A couple of admins bumped the thread and posted positively about it and encouraged people to be involved. That's about all we do for any charity/good cause stuff unless we are specifically approached to do more (see Leith Links and Dnipro appeal for examples).

I don't think we have done anything wrong and certainly have nothing to be ashamed off when it comes to helping good causes, others may disagree. I personally contributed to the foodbank and once again say well done to the organisers, it was a fantastic effort and they should be very proud of the response. If hibs.net can help out more in the future then there's an email contact for the site and we'll do what we can, as we always do when it comes to charities and worthy causes.

:agree: :top marks

matty_f
21-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Spot on, PB. :agree:

Anyone wanting to check on the foodbank thread will see it's admins that bumped it up the page.

Allant1981
21-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Just read the post on the boxing gyms fb page, what was the need to post about .net like that, the person sounds like a bit of an idiot

Pretty Boy
21-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Just read the post on the boxing gyms fb page, what was the need to post about .net like that, the person sounds like a bit of an idiot

There's been a lot of misinformation, and downright lies, put out there about hibs.net over the years.

I don't think the person who posted that on Facebook is an idiot, just misinformed in this instance.

iwasthere1972
21-12-2015, 08:02 PM
There's been a lot of misinformation, and downright lies, put out there about hibs.net over the years.

I don't think the person who posted that on Facebook is an idiot, just misinformed in this instance.

You would make a good politician. :aok:

marinello59
22-12-2015, 02:12 AM
Could we please not get involved in a war of words with anybody here. All that really matters is that the collection was a success.