PDA

View Full Version : Malonga v Rangers - Hope he starts

SanFranHibs
20-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Not because of his late winner yesterday, but just watched his last few games against them on YouTube and because they do play to win and leave themselves exposed at the back, Dom thrives on the space he is allowed. Even though he might not score, he still causes them problems with his great footwork, his threat around goal and his intelligent link up play

I really hope he starts alongside JC.

:flag:

Sas_The_Hibby
20-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Just as long as he's not presented with a sitter....... :wink:

SanFranHibs
20-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Just as long as he's not presented with a sitter....... :wink:

hope he's presented with lots of sitters :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
20-12-2015, 02:09 PM
hope he's presented with lots of sitters :greengrin

:greengrin

He's a funny player though. He certainly gives the team something but I do think a weakness is his failure to convert the easy looking chances when he has the ball at his feet. The goals he does score often look much more difficult than the ones he misses.

He's entertaining and did the business yesterday but I'm not sure what I think about him in general.

hibs0666
20-12-2015, 02:25 PM

He's a funny player though. He certainly gives the team something but I do think a weakness is his failure to convert the easy looking chances when he has the ball at his feet. The goals he does score often look much more difficult than the ones he misses.

He's entertaining and did the business yesterday but I'm not sure what I think about him in general.

Technically he is the best player we have by a country mile.

stoneyburn hibs
20-12-2015, 02:29 PM

Definitely, a joy to watch with the ball at his feet.
Would be delighted if he was here for a few years yet.

Fergus52
20-12-2015, 02:31 PM

I reckon McGinn runs him close but king dom edges it

MB62
20-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Most frustrating player at Easter Road. He was the only one yesterday that showed any class and close control, up until Dom came on we were hopeless. Two weeks ago, if I never saw him in a Hibs jersey again, I wouldn't have bothered my backside. Yesterday, he comes on and shows us all exactly what we miss when he isn't on the park.

Brilliant move for the goal, from the refs pass to Fontaine right through to cross from Davy and header from Dom :thumbsup: :flag:

Andy74
20-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Most frustrating player at Easter Road. He was the only one yesterday that showed any class and close control, up until Dom came on we were hopeless. Two weeks ago, if I never saw him in a Hibs jersey again, I wouldn't have bothered my backside. Yesterday, he comes on and shows us all exactly what we miss when he isn't on the park.

Brilliant move for the goal, from the refs pass to Fontaine right through to cross from Davy and header from Dom :thumbsup: :flag:

I'm not certain what people find frustrating about him. Seems to be just a default thing to say about him but on the pitch he rarely lets us down.

gaz1875
20-12-2015, 02:44 PM

The front 3 yesterday couldn't trap a bag of sand (not the only ones I might add) when Malonga and Anier came on. they instantly changed the game, linking up well at pace and holding the ball up which we struggled to do until then :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
20-12-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm not certain what people find frustrating about him. Seems to be just a default thing to say about him but on the pitch he rarely lets us down.

I've seen him miss or mis - hit (it won't let me spell the word properly!) too many good goalscoring chances not to find him frustrating, particularly when he can and does show real class at times.

brog
20-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Not because of his late winner yesterday, but just watched his last few games against them on YouTube and because they do play to win and leave themselves exposed at the back, Dom thrives on the space he is allowed. Even though he might not score, he still causes them problems with his great footwork, his threat around goal and his intelligent link up play

He will!

B.H.F.C
20-12-2015, 03:08 PM

It's not just a default thing though. It's nearly Christmas and he just scored his 4th goal of the season yesterday. Good player, but capable of more than what he has offered so far this season.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Dominic Malonga - we won't know what we had till he's gone.

Footballer with a bit of swagger - get him on against the rangers, they haven't handled him that well so far so why should next time around be any different.

MWHIBBIES
20-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Brilliant move for the goal, from the refs pass to Fontaine right through to cross from Davy and header from Dom :thumbsup: :flag:Yeah, he was shocking against Morton...

Bostonhibby
20-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Yeah, he was shocking against Morton...

:agree: We never turned up

we are hibs
20-12-2015, 03:40 PM
I reckon McGinn runs him close but king dom edges it

Id agree to an extent but feel like John needs to work on his control and first touch. Sometimes they run away from him

FromTheCapital
20-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Malonga
Cummings

Would be my team with Dom up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emerald green
20-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Dominic Malonga - we won't know what we had till he's gone.

Footballer with a bit of swagger - get him on against the rangers, they haven't handled him that well so far so why should next time around be any different.

My one fear is the Huns will try to wind him up and/or kick him off the park. Will need a fair and strong referee at Greyskull. Can only hope, but I won't hold my breath.

Cod Boy
20-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Malonga
Cummings

McGregor will play

leither17
20-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Fyvie
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Malonga
Cummings

Can't drop McGregor

FromTheCapital
20-12-2015, 06:36 PM
McGregor will play

Any one of those three could play.

Wouldn't be surprised if McGregor started as all three are very similar in ability.

FromTheCapital
20-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Can't drop McGregor

Meant to be Hanlon/McGregor.
Hanlon in midfield maybe?

scoopyboy
20-12-2015, 07:10 PM
I think it's likely we will play three at the back at Ibrox.

3pm
20-12-2015, 07:12 PM
I think it's likely we will play three at the back at Ibrox.

Hanlon in, Keatings oot.

Malonga for Boyle too.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Hanlon in, Keatings oot.

Malonga for Boyle too.

I agree with that, if we go 3 at the back. Which I think we will.

renato
20-12-2015, 07:37 PM
LC, the sheep That is all.

Deansy
20-12-2015, 07:49 PM

He should definitely start against the Hun - as his recent interview (much played by Hibees) showed, he doesn't give 2 'F's about them, he looks down on them - as all of civilisation does - and we need that attitude against them !!

http://youtu.be/oeauSzvGUpU

The_Sauz
20-12-2015, 08:30 PM
It's not just a default thing though. It's nearly Christmas and he just scored his 4th goal of the season yesterday. Good player, but capable of more than what he has offered so far this season.

What you are forgetting is, King Dom is not an out an out striker , but more a attacking midfielder and will lay on chances for others! Not sure, but I would guess he has a lot off assists to his name this season :agree:

B.H.F.C
20-12-2015, 08:34 PM
What you are forgetting is, King Dom is not an out an out striker , but more a attacking midfielder and will lay on chances for others! Not sure, but I would guess he has a lot off assists to his name this season :agree:

Not forgetting that he has other parts to his ge at all. And his link up play (when he is on his game) is the best of any of our strikers by a distance imo. But he is a striker and I think he needs to contribute more goals, like he did last year.

1van Sprou7e
20-12-2015, 08:40 PM

That's true but he's more than capable of scoring freely, as shown last season

Big_Franck
20-12-2015, 08:54 PM

Agreed. Before yesterday he hadn't scored in any of the previous seven games. Most of those he started.

I wasn't surprised that he was dropped but he responded in the right way and I hope he starts and takes that form in to the rangers game.

Ronniekirk
21-12-2015, 07:53 AM
He tended to go on Wee. Scoring runs then go a few without scoring With Jason now having gone two without scoring and Keatings not having any joy we need Dom to step up and take some of the pressure off them and he duly delivered .
Was watching him warm up as was in lower west for a change of scenery .He spend ages giving autographs and getting selfies taken and didn't like the wind as had his hood up when warming up .

But from the moment he came on you could tell he was in the right mood to make an impact .