PDA

View Full Version : against the slope

Hibee87
19-12-2015, 11:19 PM
When was the last time we played 'up the tbe slope' in second half and won?

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2015, 11:42 PM
i was quite surprised to see the players swap halves, can't remember the last time i saw us shoot towards the south first half, i have a funny feeling Q.o.S had a plan to try everything to disrupt our normal pattern

Pretty Boy
19-12-2015, 11:46 PM
i was quite surprised to see the players swap halves, can't remember the last time i saw us shoot towards the south first half, i have a funny feeling Q.o.S had a plan to try everything to disrupt our normal pattern

Happened against St Mirren 2 or 3 seasons backs. Think it also happened last season as well.

We definitely lost v St Mirren. Can't even remember the opponents of the other game, never mind the result.

The Sundance Kid
19-12-2015, 11:51 PM
When was the last time we played 'up the tbe slope' in second half and won?

We did earlier in the season when we beat Raith Rovers 2-0

shamo9
19-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Last time was only four months ago against Raith I think. We won of course.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34025557

I don't mind it tbh. Away teams can sometimes get a lift attacking to their fans in the second half. It's probably nonsense but over the years I think we've conceded a lot more at that end and in the second half it can obviously be more decisive.

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Doesn't make the slightest difference to me, I could see the point if behind both goals was packed to the rafters with supporters, the away end had a couple of hundred today and I enjoy the change,has happened a few times over last couple of seasons.

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Happened against St Mirren 2 or 3 seasons backs. Think it also happened last season as well.

We definitely lost v St Mirren. Can't even remember the opponents of the other game, never mind the result.

i hope other teams aren't taking note then, curious as to why they done that though as i assume they won the toss and i don't think the gusty win would be taken in to account as it seemed to be swirling, surely we don't win the toss the majority of the times when we shoot up the way 1st half

Scouse Hibee
20-12-2015, 12:20 AM
i hope other teams aren't taking note then, curious as to why they done that though as i assume they won the toss and i don't think the gusty win would be taken in to account as it seemed to be swirling, surely we don't win the toss the majority of the times when we shoot up the way 1st half

If I was the opposition captain I would do exactly the same, try to disrupt the home team and change them from their normal routine.

lucky
20-12-2015, 12:22 AM
We can play sideways and win. Get it up you's 17 games undefeated

MichelleHibs
20-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Even my wee boy noticed we were 'shooting the wrong way'!!

Onceinawhile
20-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Last time was only four months ago against Raith I think. We won of course.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34025557

I don't mind it tbh. Away teams can sometimes get a lift attacking to their fans in the second half. It's probably nonsense but over the years I think we've conceded a lot more at that end and in the second half it can obviously be more decisive.

4 months ??

Wow doesn't seem that long ago...

MyJo
20-12-2015, 12:42 AM
Maybe something to do with the way the wind was blowing today, QoS choosing to start he game with the wind behind them hoping it might either give them an advantage or make our life difficult

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2015, 08:53 AM
How long has it been since it hasn't been a slope?

Forza Fred
20-12-2015, 09:16 AM

Opponents used to lose all hope when we got them down the slope:agree:

CentreLine
20-12-2015, 09:47 AM
We played up the slope the day Frank Seuze scored that great header against hearts and got his teeth knocked out at the same time

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 10:11 AM

2001 I think. Whenever we built the West Stand.

It will always be down the slope to me though.

cabbageandribs1875
20-12-2015, 10:59 AM
iirc it was approx 6ft in height from one end to the other when it was the slope

mickey weir would have appeared as a dot if he was standing on one goal line and the opposing keeper at the other end :greengrin

Glory Lurker
20-12-2015, 11:42 AM
iirc it was approx 6ft in height from one end to the other when it was the slope

mickey weir would have appeared as a dot if he was standing on one goal line and the opposing keeper at the other end :greengrin

I was watching some old games on Youtube last night (watch out, young folk, this is what your future Saturday nights will be like!). Somehow I'd forgotten about the drop off at the front of the FF while we had the slope. It looks strange now.