PDA

View Full Version : Summer Football

Alfred E Newman
19-12-2015, 07:17 PM
A point of note for all the Summer football buffs out there that he temperature at today's game was a couple of degrees higher than the temperature of 12 degrees on the 18th June .:dunno:

O'Rourke3
19-12-2015, 07:24 PM
True but get the difference for the last 100 years for the same dates 😎

Sent via the bushes @ EM

seanshow
19-12-2015, 07:30 PM
I'll take the bait,
imo a summer season would run from last week in March to a 1st week in January Cup Final and then we can all go home and the pitches can recover.... more often than not you will avoid the worst of the winter by not playing Jan,Feb,Mar.

So technically just now we would be reaching the last few weeks of the season, with fans either heading off to celebrate or drown their sorrows. :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
19-12-2015, 07:48 PM
I'll take the bait,
imo a summer season would run from last week in March to a 1st week in January Cup Final and then we can all go home and the pitches can recover.... more often than not you will avoid the worst of the winter by not playing Jan,Feb,Mar.

So technically just now we would be reaching the last few weeks of the season, with fans either heading off to celebrate or drown their sorrows. :greengrin

:a bite:

Danderhall Hibs
19-12-2015, 08:23 PM
A point of note for all the Summer football buffs out there that he temperature at today's game was a couple of degrees higher than the temperature of 12 degrees on the 18th June .:dunno:

What was the wind chill like on 18/6?

brianmc
19-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Sooo... The Cup Final gets played on the worst playing surface of the entire season during the worst (potentially match cancelling) weather of the season....?

**** it, why no, cannae make our record any worse eh?

Forza Fred
19-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Last time I experienced summer in Scotland was a couple of years back.

I think it fell on a Thursday that year.