PDA

View Full Version : The subs - Malonga, Anier, Feruz

California-Hibs
19-12-2015, 05:41 PM
I thought all 3 today made a huge impact when they came on and thought they deserved a collective thread. I wonder what others thoughts are that I've included Feruz in the bracket. I thought he personally showed some really nice touches and good direct running with the ball. Almost set up a goal aswel a few times with some nice passing.

Anier brings something completely different to the strike force. Big, hard, pace, and looks to be a good team player.

Dom? Well, Dom just does what Dom does best......GOALS!

Malthibby
19-12-2015, 05:45 PM
I thought all 3 today made a huge impact when they came on and thought they deserved a collective thread. I wonder what others thoughts are that I've included Feruz in the bracket. I thought he personally showed some really nice touches and good direct running with the ball. Almost set up a goal aswel a few times with some nice passing.

Anier brings something completely different to the strike force. Big, hard, pace, and looks to be a good team player.

Yup, exactly why having a decent squad makes all the difference, bad day at the office for the first 11, bring on three others who do the
business.
GG

Andy74
19-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Feruz looked better today. Got involved.

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 05:48 PM
I think anier is a player, we could give him a start next week. Something different that the huns have not dealt with, he was excellent when he came on.

wookie70
19-12-2015, 05:51 PM
I thought all 3 did well. No idea why Dom was dropped as we missed him today.

Real Emerald
19-12-2015, 05:52 PM

Totally agree, changed the game but it was crying out for a change as it just wasn't working before. Great to have that in depth these days and may be the difference in the run in. Very important 3 points and much relief all around.

1van Sprou7e
19-12-2015, 05:58 PM
I think anier is a player, we could give him a start next week. Something different that the huns have not dealt with, he was excellent when he came on.

Going to be almost impossible for Stubbs to pick a team next week I think haha, too many players deserving of a place

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Going to be almost impossible for Stubbs to pick a team next week I think haha, too many players deserving of a place

Anier in for boyle? Keatings up top, hes no good in behind the front men. Cummings position is in danger, he didn't do much today.

lucky
19-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Got to agree the 3 did well. It's good having a squad with depth in it. Feruz look interested today and wanted on the ball. Anier looked good, strong, decent touch and a willing runner and Dom is just great and what a finish. Right place at right time

1van Sprou7e
19-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Anier in for boyle? Keatings up top, hes no good in behind the front men. Cummings position is in danger, he didn't do much today.

Seems reasonable, will be hard to leave out Dom though and Cummings always plays well in the big games so can see him getting a start

Thing is he'll only want to play just 2 strikers away at Ibrox so that just makes things a lot more difficult

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-12-2015, 06:08 PM
The difference between last season and this season, having players who can come off the bench and make a difference if things aren't going our way. Brilliant celebrations when the goal went in. The Huns are rattled now.

mjhibby

Not one of jcs better games but this was a game where we needed a strong target man and anier did the job superbly and he to me was the difference. Hugely impressed with Henri.

Hermit Crab
Seems reasonable, will be hard to leave out Dom though and Cummings always plays well in the big games so can see him getting a start

Thing is he'll only want to play just 2 strikers away at Ibrox so that just makes things a lot more difficult

I'd rather go for it and if we lose, lose by two or three rather than defend for 90 and lose one in the last minute. Realistically a draw is not a good result, as things stay as they are. We need to win and put the pressure on them even more so.

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Not one of jcs better games but this was a game where we needed a strong target man and anier did the job superbly and he to me was the difference. Hugely impressed with Henri.

Lets be honest his first touch was/is brutal and boyle done even less than cummings. We won though, thats what matters

ancient hibee
19-12-2015, 06:21 PM
I thought Stubbs made a mistake playing Cummings and Boyle.They are not a pairing-in some ways too similar get over excited.Jason usually takes his chances Boyle doesn't usually.Boyle doesn't seem to realise that all he has to do is knock the ball past and go-instead he overelaborates.Even allowing for Queens tiring the subs opened them up time after time with simple one twos and were a big improvement.

high bee
19-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Malongas touch is superb. Would have him on from the start and use Boyle as the impact player, admittedly Dom fulfilled that role well today but the guy deserves to be starting.

Deansy
19-12-2015, 06:34 PM
Hope Dom's goal starts him off on a goals-frenzy !!. I just love the guy, aye, ok his 'body language' needs some work but when he has that ball at his feet? NO-ONE takes it off him !!

Smartie
19-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Malonga would be the first name on my team sheet.

Oxley follows him, McGinn behind that and then McGeoch if he's fit.

Gray and Stevenson you would have to consider first picks in their positions but every other place is up for grabs.

I don't mean this in a bad way in that they were all honking and should be dropped - they've all shown a great deal during our good run, a good few haven't been as good as they can be the past few weeks but could make a strong case for selection.

McGregor deserves a mention for forcing his way in and making himself a first-pick. Hanlon has played some superb games for us this season it's mad that he's been displaced into the midfield and then not picked today.

Stubbs has a good problem.

matty_f
19-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Subs played their part in the win, no doubt about it.

Anier caused them all sorts of problems, and Malonga...well, he was class.

1van Sprou7e
19-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Malonga would be the first name on my team sheet.

Oxley follows him, McGinn behind that and then McGeoch if he's fit.

Gray and Stevenson you would have to consider first picks in their positions but every other place is up for grabs.

I don't mean this in a bad way in that they were all honking and should be dropped - they've all shown a great deal during our good run, a good few haven't been as good as they can be the past few weeks but could make a strong case for selection.

McGregor deserves a mention for forcing his way in and making himself a first-pick. Hanlon has played some superb games for us this season it's mad that he's been displaced into the misfiled and then not picked today.

Stubbs has a good problem.

Aye I was wondering what the deal with Hanlon was today, did he have some sort of a knock? Seems strange to me that he'd be dropped as he's been the best out of the CBs every time i've seen us this season

Smartie
19-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Oh, and good on you for pointing our the contribution Feruz made.

I thought his positive running with the ball forced them back and helped us considerably.

He's struggled to impose himself in his time with us so far and it's been easy to make excuses for it being difficult to impose himself on a game when he only gets 5-10 minutes at the end of a game.

He did very well indeed today, as did the other 2 subs.

Famous Fiver
19-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Shame if Anier goes back to DU in January.

Definitely unsettled them when he came on and would be interesting to see him get a full 90 minutes.

bookert
19-12-2015, 06:51 PM
Aye I was wondering what the deal with Hanlon was today, did he have some sort of a knock? Seems strange to me that he'd be dropped as he's been the best out of the CBs every time i've seen us this season

Think we miss Hanlon for his distribution from the back, neither centre back today can pass through midfield as well as him

theonlywayisup
19-12-2015, 06:52 PM
In Stubbs we trust!!!

I think Stubbs was resting Malonga for the The Rangers game. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start against the The Rangers.

number9dream
19-12-2015, 06:56 PM

Difficult to pick a team because no one is playing that well is another, perhaps more realistic way, of looking at it.
Malonga has to start at Ibrox because he's the best we have at holding play up and linking with others and Cummings is the best finisher we have and absolutely loves a goal against the Gers.
Keatings is an out-and-out forward so feel a bit sorry for him getting put into other positions. We can get away with it against lesser teams but don't think Stubbs can go with three up top.
We could really do with McGeouch being fit for next Monday. What's the latest with him and Bartley?
Anier looks a good option, pity he's away after the 28th...

ancient hibee
19-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Difficult to pick a team because no one is playing that well is another, perhaps more realistic way, of looking at it.
Malonga has to start at Ibrox because he's the best we have at holding play up and linking with others and Cummings is the best finisher we have and absolutely loves a goal against the Gers.
Keatings is an out-and-out forward so feel a bit sorry for him getting put into other positions. We can get away with it against lesser teams but don't think Stubbs can go with three up top.
We could really do with McGeouch being fit for next Monday. What's the latest with him and Bartley?
Anier looks a good option, pity he's away after the 28th...

Your glass half empty is it?

Arch Stanton
19-12-2015, 07:17 PM

The stats from the BBC look like we deserved the win but it certainly didn't feel that way - not until the subs were on anyway.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35078910

Malonga's best position had seemed to be behind the front two but seeing Feruz ferreting away behind Malonga and Anier looks an even better bet.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Anier in for boyle? Keatings up top, hes no good in behind the front men. Cummings position is in danger, he didn't do much today.Keatings scored 5 goals in 2 games playing behind the front men?

bookert
19-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Keatings scored 5 goals in 2 games playing behind the front men?

Did not much today apart from miss an easy header first half. Not sure he's a midfielder, gives the ball away a lot.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Did not much today apart from miss an easy header first half. Not sure he's a midfielder, gives the ball away a lot.He also gets it and drives forward, gets into little pockets of space well and always looks a threat.

bookert
19-12-2015, 08:12 PM
He also gets it and drives forward, gets into little pockets of space well and always looks a threat.

Today? Threats? Remind me. He did moan at anier for thirty seconds for not squaring the ball back to him
Look I think he may be decent up front not sure about top of the diamond.

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Today? Threats? Remind me. He did moan at anier for thirty seconds for not squaring the ball back to him

:agree:. He's wasted there. Up front or not at all.

emerald green
19-12-2015, 09:07 PM
It seems Mixu wants Anier back at DU in January. Pity, cos Anier looks like a good player.

Smartie
19-12-2015, 09:25 PM

There was a spell at the start of the second half when we were all at sea. Queens weren't exactly creating chance after chance but they had us pinned back in our half and our defence and midfield couldn't get a foot on the ball.

Any time it went near Cummings it bounced off him but Keatings took a few nice touches at that time and we needed him to do so, one time in particular that led to us winning a free-kick on the edge of their box.

It was miles away from a vintage performance from Keatings but he made a few decent contributions during a tough spell.

It was no surprise to me that Cummings and Boyle were hooked before him and it was for that reason.

Libby Hibby
19-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Does anyone know if Mixu does actually want him back in January or is it speculation? Is it a loan deal only until Jan that we have Anier for?

I could see from the 8 mins or so he got last week that he was hungry for a game and today's half an hour backed it up. Good player, something different, hopefully we can keep him

ian cruise
19-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I think Anier has looked in his two appearances so far that he could play a very important role in our promotion bid. I know Forum has not shown amazing form but I believe he too will come good. Chances have been limited due to the run we were on but we are now having to call on these guys and it looks like they can deliver. It's great to have fresh legs at this point in the season, we only look like we will go from strength to strength.

Malonga, he's just class.

stoneyburn hibs
19-12-2015, 11:41 PM
Why is there no chat with regards to offering Dom a new contract ?

mjhibby
20-12-2015, 07:57 AM
Does anyone know if Mixu does actually want him back in January or is it speculation? Is it a loan deal only until Jan that we have Anier for?

I could see from the 8 mins or so he got last week that he was hungry for a game and today's half an hour backed it up. Good player, something different, hopefully we can keep him

I thought it was a season long loan. I'm sure will find out soon enough.

mjhibby
20-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Just checked and it seems it was a season long loan so here's hoping he does stay.

Tyler Durden
20-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Mixu was quoted in yesterday's Sun saying Anier will be recalled in January. Next week will be his last game for Hibs.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 09:21 AM
Mixu was quoted in yesterday's Sun saying Anier will be recalled in January. Next week will be his last game for Hibs.

Tbh you can't really blame Mixu.

There's no money available to him and he wouldn't be doing his job properly if he didn't make use of a player available to him that could make a difference for them.

Tyler Durden
20-12-2015, 09:31 AM
Yeah absolutely - hopefully Anier signs off with a win next Monday

Arch Stanton
20-12-2015, 09:45 AM

We could maybe buy him if more folks sign up for HSL. :agree:

And maybe Mixu would accept a part exchange with Cummings:duck:
:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2015, 01:08 PM
The all played a good part yesterday, especially Malonga and for the 2nd week running Anier played a vital part in a vital goal, he did great to hold up the ball and play Gray in.

Jason showed yet again yesterday why he is still a work in progress ... his first touch was abysmal at times and ( not for the first time this season ) he did brilliantly to beat about 4 defenders, but just didn't look for a pass after his chance to shoot was gone .... if he can learn composure in these situations he will be twice the player.

Speedy
20-12-2015, 01:11 PM
I'd rather go for it and if we lose, lose by two or three rather than defend for 90 and lose one in the last minute. Realistically a draw is not a good result, as things stay as they are. We need to win and put the pressure on them even more so.

A draw is a good result.

Away from home and they're dropping more points than us so momentum would continue as is.

ancient hibee
20-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Anier looks exactly Mixu's type of player.

truehibernian
20-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Little Feruz looked sharp and hungry have to say - always looking to drive and create. Be good if we had a good lead in games and he could get 30 minutes or so. Anier been involved heavily in both goals last two weeks - we have a strong squad. Great to see.

essexhibee
20-12-2015, 09:44 PM
On a big pitch with the high line the Rangers centre backs seem to play a pacey feruz could be a great asset to employ.

Kato
20-12-2015, 09:50 PM
On a big pitch with the high line the Rangers centre backs seem to play a pacey feruz could be a great asset to employ.

My first thoughts there were maybe he hasn't had enough game time and hasn't shown all that much so far, although I agree he looked eager and sharp yesterday, even if nothing came off for him. However, at Eyepox with the game on TV it might just be the place to give him the first hour and let him put himself in the shop-window. Gee him up enough and he might just hurt them given how fragile they can be through the middle.

21-12-2015, 12:49 AM

A great position to be in. So many options and gets everyone working so much harder to keep their place or get into the starting line. Nobody in the team can afford to be complacent. With so much competition for places everyone has to keep performing well.

AZhibee
21-12-2015, 01:44 AM
Like Anier out there, and 2 nice touches leading to two goals in clutch moments...he seems responsible for 3 points himself, imo.