PDA

View Full Version : Derek Lyle

AngusHibby
19-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Anyone know why he was near enough climbing into the West Stand looking for a fight? Made a right idiot of himself

Thecat23
19-12-2015, 05:20 PM
That's were I sit mate but wasn't there today. My mate who I sit with said he was asking Farid for a square go and shouting to the fans that we are *****!

Mate says the fans around him were going mad.

Greencore
19-12-2015, 05:23 PM
What happened?

AngusHibby
19-12-2015, 05:26 PM
What happened?
After the goal he was having a back and forth with someone in the crowd and then tried to climb into the stand to fight the guy. Couldn't see who he was shouting at though. He was pretty determined to have a fight though. He's probably a hun

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-12-2015, 05:29 PM
After the goal he was having a back and forth with someone in the crowd and then tried to climb into the stand to fight the guy. Couldn't see who he was shouting at though. He was pretty determined to have a fight though. He's probably a hunHe is indeed a Gers fan. :greengrin Must of spat the dummy cuase his poor wee huns got beat.

givescotlandfreedom
19-12-2015, 05:36 PM
He was wasting as much time as possible coming off and whinging all day at the weak ref. Get it right up you, Lyle :giruy2::giruy2:

essexhibee
19-12-2015, 05:42 PM
Saw on Twitter someone saying he was imitating playing the flute?!

Twiglet
19-12-2015, 05:45 PM

He was.

truehibernian
19-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Floodlights probably dazzling his teeth causing blindness - I'd imagine his disappointment was the team he supports getting humbled at Falkirk and not the fact the team who employs him got beat 😉

.Sean.
19-12-2015, 05:46 PM
He's always had a face you'd just love to smash the **** out of :agree:

Let's no even start on his fake tan or his fake teeth. Absolute extra of a human being :faf:

Roond ye, fannybawz :aok:

Diclonius
19-12-2015, 05:46 PM

Sectarian and keen to drag us into it cause "ehh youse wear green so youse are Cellic".

Nice.

oconnors_strip
19-12-2015, 05:48 PM

What an absolute fud he is!

marinello59
19-12-2015, 05:48 PM
He is indeed a Gers fan. :greengrin Must of spat the dummy cuase his poor wee huns got beat.

I said at the time that was the real cause of his rage. At least he gave us all a laugh. Roaster that he is.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2015, 05:51 PM
is this the same fudley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13044270 from 2011

A Greenock Morton football player has appeared in court charged with drug dealing.
Derek Lyle, 30, and his girlfriend Nicola Mullen, 29, were both charged with being concerned in the supply of illegal substances.

certainly has all the credentials to be a jakey hun ned

maturehibby
19-12-2015, 05:53 PM
Was being held back at the end by one of the coaching staff as he knew he was going to kick off at full time Tosser

truehibernian
19-12-2015, 05:56 PM
To put some perspective on things - the good QotS side was cherry picked in summer of all it's decent players - Derek Lyle stayed put - tells you everything - more concerned about his teeth and hair than football

Diclonius
19-12-2015, 05:56 PM
is this the same fudley

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-13044270 from 2011

A Greenock Morton football player has appeared in court charged with drug dealing.
Derek Lyle, 30, and his girlfriend Nicola Mullen, 29, were both charged with being concerned in the supply of illegal substances.

certainly has all the credentials to be a jakey hun ned

Yes.

skipster7
19-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Being honest I've never heard off the .😄

Pretty Boy
19-12-2015, 06:04 PM
Derek who?

At least when Gazza and David Healy indulged in sectarian horseplay they were big enough names for anyone to care.

emerald green
19-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Was being held back at the end by one of the coaching staff as he knew he was going to kick off at full time Tosser

Haud me back, haud me back. :faf: What a total w*****.

Dry your eyes ya Hun.

high bee
19-12-2015, 06:17 PM
best thing about his reaction is that it will have mirrored all the sevco fans watching Soccer Saturday thinking "phew, at least Hibs didn't win today.. Ah wtf, 94th minute!"

bingo70
19-12-2015, 06:20 PM
best thing about his reaction is that it will have mirrored all the sevco fans watching Soccer Saturday thinking "phew, at least Hibs didn't win today.. Ah wtf, 94th minute!"

Rangers absolutely hate hibs now, for me that's been our biggest success over the last few years. Until then they merely disliked us but I love how we've ramped it up a notch while they've been at their lowest

emerald green
19-12-2015, 06:23 PM

Yep, can just imagine "Mason Boyne's" face when that goal popped up on the Teletext, or the boy on Sportscene says "oh wait, there's been a late goal at Easter Road!" Magic. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
19-12-2015, 06:51 PM
The last minute goal, the wee laddie on the pitch being chased by the steward and then this fud along with most of thw Queen's bench doing their nut at the end fair made my Christmas...........****ing hilarious.:cb

Famous Fiver
19-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Poor, poor show from Lyle.

Pity it all exploded in his face (and his equally cheating team mates.

We were far too lethargic and should have had the game put to bed in first 15 minutes.

Subs were not a minute too soon and changed the game.

Top marks to the crowd for sticking with it right to the end.

By the way, anyone else notice that all these poor wee Falkirk lambs who took such a physical beating last week were all fit for their game today?

Arch Stanton
19-12-2015, 07:32 PM
tbh the likes of QoS, Falkirk, Raith and Morton are making this campaign quite tasty.

All the cheating just adds to the competitiveness and it's pleasing that Hibs are not being gentlemanly and sportsmanlike about it.

HarpyHibby
19-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Lyle gave us in the west his best flute imitation. Absolutely no need for it. After that, Farid seemed to square up to him. I'll be filling in a sectarian hate crime report. Nothing will happened but it's worth the hassle.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-12-2015, 08:50 PM
I guess any team that loses a point or points when the game is all but over has weak and inadequate members .

S4uzee
19-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Lyle gave us in the west his best flute imitation. Absolutely no need for it. After that, Farid seemed to square up to him. I'll be filling in a sectarian hate crime report. Nothing will happened but it's worth the hassle.
What a tosser. He does have that 'hun look' about him.

Where was Farid about?

The Harp Awakes
19-12-2015, 09:05 PM
When Hibs scored and we all went mad he turned round to the West and did the flute mime a la Gascoigne. He got pelters but rather than hiding he then tried to square up to everyone that was having a go. What a fud. Hope QoS take some action against him but I doubt it.

Twiglet
19-12-2015, 09:46 PM
What a tosser. He does have that 'hun look' about him.

Where was Farid about?

He was standing behind the Hibs dugout in the seats that are sectioned off for club staff. They ended up pulling the tunnel out early so Lyle couldn't get to him, he had already gone for him at least once by that point.

Their assistant manager was also going nuts when we scored. He was away into the Hibs technical area and had to be pulled back.

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2015, 10:37 PM
When Hibs scored and we all went mad he turned round to the West and did the flute mime a la Gascoigne. He got pelters but rather than hiding he then tried to square up to everyone that was having a go. What a fud. Hope QoS take some action against him but I doubt it.

i doubt very much his club will discipline him, not if the management and other staff acted like neds

hibees 7062
19-12-2015, 11:04 PM
I think Lyle must have had his teeth done or else he's in a Bee Gees tribute band!?!?

From The bears den :greengrin

ehf
19-12-2015, 11:09 PM
i doubt very much his club will discipline him, not if the management and other staff acted like neds

Having to go through life with a puss like that is punishment enough.

Golden Bear
19-12-2015, 11:11 PM
More sensitive souls as us would have reported the bigot to the European courts of human rights by now. Or whaeever.

givescotlandfreedom
19-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Having to go through life with a puss like that is punishment enough.

Derek Lyle is the ugly face of sectarianism.

lucky
19-12-2015, 11:20 PM
If he behaved as suggested he needs reporting to the compliance officer and QOS

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-12-2015, 11:21 PM
More sensitive souls as us would have reported the bigot to the European courts of human rights by now. Or whaeever.Proof that sectarianism is alive and well and tolerated in Scotland by the football association.

Personally I'm not offended by a moron pretending to play a flute but if we're trying to create an intelligent, modern society in Scotland (and sport) then this needs to be taken to task.

Greencore
20-12-2015, 12:18 AM
Saw on Twitter two in named players have been cautioned by police for racist abuse.

Twiglet
20-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Saw on Twitter two in named players have been cautioned by police for racist abuse.

I wonder if it was something said to Dom. 2 of their players went up to him and had a go (if you have hibs tv watch the 2nd half replay and go to about 50 mins in). He's walking past and they go over to him and say something. It really upset Dom and he had to be pulled away. If it is that they should be facing lengthy bans.

PISTOL1875
20-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Derek Lyle was mouthing off to the fans and when the Hibs official who stands at the tunnel went over to him and told him to cut it out , he seemed to lose the plot.. Shouting at the crowd '' yoos are p1sh '' and then he started playing the flute..

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I wonder if it was something said to Dom. 2 of their players went up to him and had a go (if you have hibs tv watch the 2nd half replay and go to about 50 mins in). He's walking past and they go over to him and say something. It really upset Dom and he had to be pulled away. If it is that they should be facing lengthy bans.

Welcome to modern Scotland eh?

Racist abuse and some jolly sectarian high jinx. Glad Dom answered them in the best way possible.

It's probably worth pointing out Derek Lyle is 34 years old. 34 and pretending to play a flute for a reaction, you'd almost understand it from a stupid young boy but a man in his mid 30s? Pathetic.

SausageSurprise
20-12-2015, 09:30 AM
A poster on one of the threads (might actually have been on the bounce) said that he was squaring up to Tam McCourt until Forster and Stanton stepped in

DaveF
20-12-2015, 09:34 AM

If that's true then surely they will face lengthy bans? Dom was very, very angry at the end so something happened.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a wannabe gangster, trying to impress the huns but only really a leg end in Dumfries, or is it a bell end?

If Scottish football is serious about its credibility it's pretty easy to deal with his conduct you'd think?

SausageSurprise
20-12-2015, 09:37 AM

Any links to reliable sources or is it just hear say at the moment?

adhibs
20-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Any pics of this?

Bishop Hibee
20-12-2015, 11:48 AM
Any links to reliable sources or is it just hear say at the moment?

I heard from a Hibs director that Malonga was punched and racially abused in the tunnel. Compliance officer to investigate.

JimBHibees
20-12-2015, 11:59 AM
I heard from a Hibs director that Malonga was punched and racially abused in the tunnel. Compliance officer to investigate.

The Police should be investigating that.

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2015, 12:04 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Their players totally lost the plot at the end. Flute miming and racial abuse. Deary me. A strong statement from QoS needed as a minimum ASAP, stating that they won't tolerate this kind of nonsense.

JimBHibees
20-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. Their players totally lost the plot at the end. Flute miming and racial abuse. Deary me. A strong statement from QoS needed as a minimum ASAP, stating that they won't tolerate this kind of nonsense.

Yes behaviour was absolutely atrocious, says nothing about Fowler or the players. Should be hammered.

Carheenlea
20-12-2015, 12:11 PM

If this is true, we must support Dominique and demand that any culprit be sanctioned in the strongest terms. Sectarianism has always been dealt with in a half hearted manner up here, but with racism we must demonstrate absolute zero tolerance.

HarpyHibby
20-12-2015, 12:26 PM
I've just submitted a hate crime report to Police Scotland regarding Derek Lyle. Guaranteed nothing will happen though.

If anyone else wishes to do the same, they can do so here:

https://www.scotland.police.uk/secureforms/hate-crime/

Sir David Gray
20-12-2015, 12:37 PM
Anyone associated with Queen of the South, who has racially abused Dominique Malonga, should be sacked by the club and arrested by the police.

As for Derek Lyle, who turns 35 in a couple of months, playing the flute to try and wind up Hibs fans. :faf:

Get a grip and grow up ya fanny.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 12:40 PM
I've just submitted a hate crime report to Police Scotland regarding Derek Lyle. Guaranteed nothing will happen though.

If anyone else wishes to do the same, they can do so here:

https://www.scotland.police.uk/secureforms/hate-crime/

How offended were you by a man playing a pretend flute?

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2015, 12:45 PM

Enough to make him submit a complaint to the correct authority. Is he not allowed to do that?

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2015, 12:46 PM
If this is true, we must support Dominique and demand that any culprit be sanctioned in the strongest terms. Sectarianism has always been dealt with in a half hearted manner up here, but with racism we must demonstrate absolute zero tolerance.

If Lyle was giving it the old 'air flute' he should be slaughtered by the SPFL. If there is any defence of that when Celtic are involved and a Rangers player does it I suppose inter club rivalry can be cited ..... nonsense, but it can happen in a situation where sectarianism is endemic. That's still inexcusable though and should be hammered.

When a QotS player does it at Easter Road its no better than sectarianism on the street and as far as I'm concerned the police should be involved. In fact as far as the SPFL go, what better chance to get stuck into this issue without the OF even being involved.

As for racist abuse of Dom .... If that is proved then the police should also be involved as a matter of course, there is utterly no place for it !

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 12:47 PM

It's not really the point though is it?

I find it sad and pathetic but I'm not offended. However we are supposedly trying to rid the game of bigotry and sectaranism so how can we ignore a player indulging in that kind of behaviour? Surely simply pretending it didn't happen is just more sweeping stuff like this under the carpet and pretending it doesn't happen.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Enough to make him submit a complaint to the correct authority. Is he not allowed to do that?

Of course he is, i just find it funny that ANYONE could possibly be that upset over this to complain and fill in a hate crime report.

When did playing an imaginary flute be considered a hate crime anyway?

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 12:50 PM

I find it sad and pathetic but I'm not offended. However we are supposedly trying to rid the game of bigotry and sectaranism so how can we ignore a player indulging in that kind of behaviour? Surely simply pretending it didn't happen is just more sweeping stuff like this under the carpet and pretending it doesn't happen.

Its not a hate crime though is it? :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Of course he is, i just find it funny that ANYONE could possibly be that upset over this to complain and fill in a hate crime report.

To be fair, I think that Pretty Boy is making the same point,but doing it a wee bit better.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 12:55 PM

Anything that is deemed to be 'aggravated by prejudice' can be termed a hate crime so by that definition it could be.

It's not on the complainer to prove a hate crime has occured, that's up to the Police and the PF.

Scott Allan Key
20-12-2015, 12:56 PM

QotS will have a lot to think about. Players being out of order need leadership from their manager as well as club. Derek Lyle, by accounts on here, squared up to several of Hibs staff including Farid, and made sectarian display of himself to incite supporters. The football authorities, his club need to make example of his players too.

It'd be great if Hibs came out with a statement against sectarianism, specifically from Saturday but also in general regards to Rangers, Celtic etc. It'd add some heat to next week but it needs to be done and who better than our maestro in communication Leeann?

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Anything that is deemed to be 'aggravated by prejudice' can be termed a hate crime so by that definition it could be.

It's not on the complainer to prove a hate crime has occured, that's up to the Police and the PF.

Really, well you learn something new every day? Better get those bagpipes taken away from the tartan army then, those English will be ****ting themselves there could be another Bannockburn on the go.

Carheenlea
20-12-2015, 12:59 PM

Maybe he doesn't like the Chieftans and Lyles actions were like a red rag to a bull. My wife has a couple of their records and to be fair - I'm on his side.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Maybe he doesn't like the Chieftans and Lyles actions were like a red rag to a bull. My wife has a couple of their records and to be fair - I'm on his side.

:tee hee:

O'Rourke3
20-12-2015, 01:02 PM

True but it's a fairly unsubtle wind up intended to provoke a response and not the sort of thing you do with mates to get the "f£$k 0%% ya wind up merchant" in the banter stakes. Unlike the unwitting Gascoine when his Blue chums McCoist and Durant told him how the celebrate. If DL did it, he knew what he was doing and the reaction it's likely to get.

Cropley10
20-12-2015, 01:09 PM
If Lyle was giving it the old 'air flute' he should be slaughtered by the SPFL. If there is any defence of that when Celtic are involved and a Rangers player does it I suppose inter club rivalry can be cited ..... nonsense, but it can happen in a situation where sectarianism is endemic. That's still inexcusable though and should be hammered.

When a QotS player does it at Easter Road its no better than sectarianism on the street and as far as I'm concerned the police should be involved. In fact as far as the SPFL go, what better chance to get stuck into this issue without the OF even being involved.

As for racist abuse of Dom .... If that is proved then the police should also be involved as a matter of course, there is utterly no place for it !

Derek Lyle is 35 and a convicted drug dealer. His reaction to the team he's paid to pay for losing in the last few seconds was to make sure that everyone in the West Stand knew that he is a Loyalist Protestant. He obviously, therefore, labours under the impression that we are all Catholics, and/or that we would be offended by his pretend flute playing. He should be tarred with the sickening secterian brush, as he is someone who seeks to offend people he thinks are of a different religion to him.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Really, well you learn something new every day? Better get those bagpipes taken away from the tartan army then, those English will be ****ting themselves there could be another Bannockburn on the go.

You don't see a difference between playing bagpipes, an instrument synonymous with Scotland, in support of your country and pretending to play a flute because of some misguided belief that all Hibs fans are taigs who'll be wound up by it?

bigwheel
20-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Derek Lyle is 35 and a convicted drug dealer. His reaction to the team he's paid to pay for losing in the last few seconds was to make sure that everyone in the West Stand knew that he is a Loyalist Protestant. He obviously, therefore, labours under the impression that we are all Catholics, and/or that we would be offended by his pretend flute playing. He should be tarred with the sickening secterian brush, as he is someone who seeks to offend people he thinks are of a different religion to him.

if he thinks that "all Hibs fans must be catholics" and more still, thinks we care about religion in football..he must have a tiny little brain...it's almost 2016, Derek. Most people in Scotland have moved on from those moronic views...

His patter was murder too..."You're P+*# " on repeat... I've heard better banter on "off the ball"

And then, at age of 35, to want to square go someone for pulling them up about it...brilliant! Not sure he is going to have a big career on the after dinner speaking circuit! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 01:24 PM
You don't see a difference between playing bagpipes, an instrument synonymous with Scotland, in support of your country and pretending to play a flute because of some misguided belief that all Hibs fans are taigs who'll be wound up by it?

I don't know what he was thinking, and neither does anyone who was there. I do know he was trying to wind folk up, and it clearly worked.

I still think playing an imaginary flute is not a hate crime, hopefully we will find out in the future.

Personally i'd have laughed, laughed at his stupidity.

Cropley10
20-12-2015, 01:35 PM
if he thinks that "all Hibs fans must be catholics" and more still, thinks we care about religion in football..he must have a tiny little brain...it's almost 2016, Derek. Most people in Scotland have moved on from those moronic views...

His patter was murder too..."You're P+*# " on repeat... I've heard better banter on "off the ball"

And then, at age of 35, to want to square go someone for pulling them up about it...brilliant! Not sure he is going to have a big career on the after dinner speaking circuit! :greengrin

Shouting 'you're pish' when he's just lost and simultaneously his (real) team have let an 11 point lead disappear is priceless though. What a complete trumpet.

Tobias Funke
20-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Being honest I've never heard off the .

Neither have I truth be told. Just Googled him and I can confirm he looks like a total shop front.

As for the nashers, they remind me of the Friends episode where Ross got his teeth whitened. :greengrin

GreenLake
20-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Are we sure it was a flute he was putting in his mouth?

FranckSuzy
20-12-2015, 01:59 PM
The last minute goal, the wee laddie on the pitch being chased by the steward and then this fud along with most of thw Queen's bench doing their nut at the end fair made my Christmas...........****ing hilarious.:cb

:agree: :faf: Superb! :tree:xtree2:blowing :xlol :rudolph

Kojock
20-12-2015, 02:01 PM

Yes it was a meat flute :wink:

FranckSuzy
20-12-2015, 02:10 PM
To be fair, his picture would keep the kids away from the fire so he'd be useful for something :agree:

Largshibby
20-12-2015, 02:21 PM
More sensitive souls as us would have reported the bigot to the European courts of human rights by now. Or whaeever.

I always find it amusing when fans take the moral high ground about a players behaviour. Probably the same fans who have spent the previous 90 minutes screaming the sort of abuse that would get you arrested anywhere other than a football ground.

lucky
20-12-2015, 02:23 PM
I always find it amusing when fans take the moral high ground about a players behaviour. Probably the same fans who have spent the previous 90 minutes screaming the sort of abuse that would get you arrested anywhere other than a football ground.

I doubt any Hibs fans were shouting or making sectarian gestures.

Hedlund12
20-12-2015, 02:23 PM
I said the same in another thread and I'll say it here.
It was ugly at the end of the game.
Fist the twat from QOS dugout noising up the hibs fans.
There was an animated to55*r sign being made by several rows in front of me.
I saw coins being thrown from supporters in the West at the QOS dugout and I'll be honest... it annoyed me. Hibs fans are quick to condemn this tpye of behaviour a Ibrox and it was disappointing to witness it at ER.
Another one of their players squared up (head to head) with one of our players. Oxley stepped in as did Stubbs and split it up.
Further up the park Dom was raging, I suspected something sh*ty had happened to him or been said, he was fizzing mad. He was being held back by a Hibs security guy.
I said to my son "wouldn't surprise me if there was a red card given after the game".
I still left ER a very happy camper at Hibs "fighting" spirit. 😂

truehibernian
20-12-2015, 02:42 PM

A fair point - however if you are looking for examples of morality then football ain't the place for anyone to find it - Wee Gordon gave a tremendous opinion on morality in football during the World Cup punditry........I do however find it very very sad that an adult, who has kids, and is a professional footballer, sees the need to have a 'not so disguised' go at Hibs fans which he knows is based on a religious premise (if he has done so)........very very sad indeed that there are people out there still clinging on to their sectarian ideology in what should be a modern, diverse Scotland.

A normal football fan, as you say, offends or takes offence during 90 minutes of a football match then goes home and doesn't rant again in similar fashion until the next game :greengrin - there are some however on the Old Firm side who live and breath this nonsense 24/7 and 'breed it' into their children......a never ending conveyor belt of prejudice. Very sad men and women indeed :agree:

Has anyone actually got footage of the player doing it ? Is so then the football authorities should be hammering him and his club fining him.

Largshibby
20-12-2015, 02:43 PM
I doubt any Hibs fans were shouting or making sectarian gestures.

Maybe not but there are plenty of other ways to be offensive.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2015, 03:34 PM

Is the boy on the right a giant or is the boy on the left just a very small man who has gloss painted his teeth?

Big_Franck
20-12-2015, 03:54 PM

100% agree with this. All he did was show himself up as a backward weegie phanny. Unlucky Derek, unlucky.

Winston Ingram
20-12-2015, 04:02 PM
He sounds gutted:greengrin

https://twitter.com/officialqosfc/status/678538883727015936

Cropley10
20-12-2015, 04:12 PM

'They went on the break'.

Aye, Derek, you had 9 men behind the ball when we broke.

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2015, 04:20 PM

What would you say if it was a Nazi salute?

ehf
20-12-2015, 05:17 PM

Spot on. What hope is there if we can't tolerate a bit of good, old-fashioned, recidivist bigotry? Before we know it, women will be getting the vote...

givescotlandfreedom
20-12-2015, 05:30 PM

Ha ha. Enjoy the sour grapes, Hun face :greengrin

O'Rourke3
20-12-2015, 05:41 PM

That's two interviews where you feel the talker (Fowler and Lyle) want to add that Hutton should've been let on as everyone knows he went down to waste time and didn't need the treatment so didn't need to go off.....

lapsedhibee
20-12-2015, 05:43 PM

Interviewer no less thick than him:

"A point was nothing less than you'd have deserved." :doh: :faint:

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 06:21 PM

Now this is different, but you knew that didn't you? I still wouldn't be bothered, and again would have laughed at his stupidity and ignorance.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Spot on. What hope is there if we can't tolerate a bit of good, old-fashioned, recidivist bigotry? Before we know it, women will be getting the vote...

You tolerated it, you did not fill in a race hate crime report.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-12-2015, 06:24 PM

That's a bit of a leap maybe. BH is making a discussion point and I am not sure that's a fair reply?

emerald green
20-12-2015, 06:24 PM
To be fair, his picture would keep the kids away from the fire so he'd be useful for something :agree:

:agree: Would it be politically incorrect to say Lyle has got that certain look about him?

johnbc70
20-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Zero tolerance. If we all just laughed and ignored it then it becomes acceptable and more will do it.

Lago
20-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Zero tolerance. If we all just laughed and ignored it then it becomes acceptable and more will do it.

I ask myself 2 questions
1: would he have done that at Celtic Park

2: would he have got away with it at Celtic Park

If the answer is no to either why is it ok at ER ?

johnbc70
20-12-2015, 06:38 PM
I ask myself 2 questions
1: would he have done that at Celtic Park

2: would he have got away with it at Celtic Park

If the answer is no to either why is it ok at ER ?

I don't think it is OK, at ER or anywhere else.

Lago
20-12-2015, 06:42 PM

Some on here don't appear to agree with us.

Platinum Scotty
20-12-2015, 06:51 PM

I agree with you totally

Kato
20-12-2015, 06:54 PM

"Probably" wouldn't stand up in court, or in fact, on this forum.

delbert
20-12-2015, 06:59 PM
:agree: Would it be politically incorrect to say Lyle has got that certain look about him?

You only have to check that coupon out for two seconds to realise that someone in the Lyle family knew someone else in the Lyle family fairly intimately 35 years ago!

hibbypostie
20-12-2015, 07:00 PM

you might have a better argument if you didn't use the word taig when you're arguing against sectarianism

Scottie
20-12-2015, 07:04 PM
The blirt is a non entity. Classless. A nobody.

Glad he's never had the opportunity to represent our wonderful club.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2015, 07:11 PM
you might have a better argument if you didn't use the word taig when you're arguing against sectarianism

I used that particular word quite deliberately.

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Now this is different, but you knew that didn't you? I still wouldn't be bothered, and again would have laughed at his stupidity and ignorance.

What's the difference? A Nazi salute is seen as being anti-Semitic and a flute gesture is seen as being anti-Catholic. It doesn't matter what the 'anti' is it's not acceptable behaviour.

The wee goat deserves the book thrown at him and maybe it will take a police complaint to do something about this crap to make sure it doesn't happen again. The SFA will do naff all as they're part of the problem.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Flute playing is anti Catholic, well that's another thing I have learnt today.

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2015, 08:42 PM

Every day is a learning day BH. Great fun isn't it:greengrin

portycabbage
20-12-2015, 08:44 PM

Clearly Derek Lyle is just a really big fan of the music of James Galway.:greengrin

marinello59
20-12-2015, 08:44 PM
What's the difference? A Nazi salute is seen as being anti-Semitic and a flute gesture is seen as being anti-Catholic. It doesn't matter what the 'anti' is it's not acceptable behaviour.

The wee goat deserves the book thrown at him and maybe it will take a police complaint to do something about this crap to make sure it doesn't happen again. The SFA will do naff all as they're part of the problem.

I'm not so sure miming flute playing is anti- Catholic in the same way that singing the Sash isn't. Of course it all depends on what imaginary song he was playing on his imaginary flute. I think. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Every day is a learning day BH. Great fun isn't it:greengrin

I was under the impression it's an orange walk thing, which is legal in this country. I think they are all as daft as a brush but playing the flute is not a hate crime.

Kato
20-12-2015, 09:29 PM
I was under the impression it's an orange walk thing, which is legal in this country. I think they are all as daft as a brush but playing the flute is not a hate crime.

I'm not an Orangeman but have played some (actual) flute in the past, nice instrument. I've even programmed some virtual flute on a synthesizer.

An imaginary flute, however, is a different thing altogether. It's the sign of an insecure, bairnbrained bawbag and Lyle has outed himself.

silverhibee
20-12-2015, 09:31 PM
I doubt it is a hate crime, but will the compliance officer have to look at it, what was Gasgoine's punishment for doing it, apart from the death threats. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 09:32 PM
I disagree, I think it's more to do with people wanting to be offended when there's nothing to be offended about. Laughing at the dafty would have confused the clown.

Kato
20-12-2015, 09:35 PM
I disagree, I think it's more to do with people wanting to be offended when there's nothing to be offended about. Laughing at the dafty would have confused the clown.

I'm not offended by it. Couldn't care less as he's the loser by doing such a thing.

The law is the law however, if he gets pulled up then he's an idiot loser.

johnbc70
20-12-2015, 09:35 PM

How do you know what offends people. My Mum thinks "oh my God" is offensive but I don't.

blackpoolhibs
20-12-2015, 09:38 PM
I'm not offended by it. Couldn't care less as he's the loser by doing such a thing.

The law is the law however, if he gets pulled up then he's an idiot loser.
Yip the law is the law and the SFA may throw the book at him, but i very much doubt that the law will find him guilty of any hate crime which is where I came in to this.

FranckSuzy
20-12-2015, 09:41 PM
He knew what he was doing and we know why he was doing it. Rather than a hate crime, I would say it's incitement, if that's an offence. However, we had already got in there first - courtesy of King Dom - so :giruy2:

Kato
20-12-2015, 09:42 PM
Yip the law is the law and the SFA may throw the book at him, but i very much doubt that the law will find him guilty of any hate crime which is where I came in to this.

I don't know what the outcome will be. My feelings are that I'm sad to know another bigot exists but I'm also glad to have him identified as one. He can go up on my Big Wall Chart of Balloons.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I doubt it is a hate crime, but will the compliance officer have to look at it, what was Gasgoine's punishment for doing it, apart from the death threats. :rolleyes:

He was fined by Rangers but don't believe he received a ban.

Lago
20-12-2015, 10:06 PM

I think you came into this to be argumentative, for the sake of being argumentative.

ian cruise
20-12-2015, 10:07 PM
I don't think it's bigotry, I'd probably go as far to say that if it is classed as such starts to detract from real issues. However there's still a case to answer to the authorities. He set out to incite the fans, if enough had reacted then there could have been a real incident. He put people's safety at risk by purposely trying to get a negative reaction.

Stax
20-12-2015, 10:09 PM
The whole thing just saddens me. Imagine trying to explain this walloper miming playing a flute, his reasons for doing so and the reaction to someone with no knowledge of Scottish football...

ian cruise
20-12-2015, 10:10 PM
I think you came into this to be argumentative, for the sake of being argumentative.

He's got a point, though I maybe don't wholeheartedly agree. When we are talking about such serious topics it's not black and white, there are shades of grey. It's interesting to see people's point of view and I'd also argue that whether BH is playing Devils advocate pr he genuinely believes his stance it's great that the conversation has stayed at a mature and sensible level for the most part, which is unusual for a football forum.

PatHead
20-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Surely gesturing to the crowd in any manner should be looked at by the compliance officer. (ask Leigh) Or is it just Hibs players?

Sammy7nil
20-12-2015, 10:17 PM
The whole thing just saddens me. Imagine trying to explain this walloper miming playing a flute, his reasons for doing so and the reaction to someone with no knowledge of Scottish football...

:agree::agree::agree:

HoboHarry
20-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Wonder how Doncaster would explain this type of behaviour if his vision of having games played abroad pans out. You just know he wants Sevco involved in that.....

silverhibee
20-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Surely gesturing to the crowd in any manner should be looked at by the compliance officer. (ask Leigh) Or is it just Hibs players?

We do seem to get more attention from the compliance officer than other clubs do, there's a long list.

And the CO had a dislike for Griffiths when he was at Hibs, but he pleads guilty to a racial offence while at Celtc and not a word from the CO about it, pretty sure Celtc fined and banned him for the incident but I'm sure the SFA/SPFL/CO were waiting on the outcome of the court case, has it been forgotten about now because he plays for Celtc.

Has Lyle been caught on video being a dafty, did the 4th official see it or the linesman, if not it won't even go before the CO. Pity if so, would be nice to see him get a ban for being a idiot.

Mibbes Aye
20-12-2015, 11:04 PM

Good post.

If you knew nothing about Scotland it would blow your mind to meet someone with Derek Lyle's mindset.

What an embarrassment

I don't think it's bigotry, I'd probably go as far to say that if it is classed as such starts to detract from real issues. However there's still a case to answer to the authorities. He set out to incite the fans, if enough had reacted then there could have been a real incident. He put people's safety at risk by purposely trying to get a negative reaction.

I was in the West Upper, too far away and didn't pick up on his verbal. If what's been suggested is true then it's breach of the peace surely and possibly more severe.

Onus on the police to act if that was the case, they need to be seen to be setting a threshold about what's acceptable in our society.

Forza Fred
20-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Having left Scotland in 1974, When I read such posts about this guys alleged behaviour at a professional sporting fixture, I can do little more than shake my head and hope that people in my adopted homeland do not hear about it, and ask me to explain.

Surely the current footballing body should take action against him?

esjorto
20-12-2015, 11:14 PM
I tried to explain this to some Canadian friends here. One of them understood it but refused to believe it, the others....well.... I may as well have been speaking in an obscure foreign language.

mikewynne
21-12-2015, 04:42 AM
Looks like he was entirely innocent. Dreary me...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/derek-lyle-hibs-player-tried-to-fight-me-in-tunnel-1-3980707

21-12-2015, 04:51 AM
He is indeed a Gers fan. :greengrin Must of spat the dummy cuase his poor wee huns got beat.

Hehe even sweeter lol!

GreenLake
21-12-2015, 04:52 AM

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/derek-lyle-hibs-player-tried-to-fight-me-in-tunnel-1-3980707

So Lyle omitted the part where he displays a sectarian gesture then in an interview states:

The striker added: “For a boy who is not even in the squad, not even on the bench, to want me in the tunnel is a mystery to me..........."

The impression Lyle gives me is that he would have been pleased to have some strapping guy like Farid want him in the tunnel. :greengrin

Libby Hibby
21-12-2015, 05:44 AM

And there we have the start of the negative press against Hibs for this week...instead of an Edinburgh paper to report about the game, and or the ugly scenes after the goal, the amatuer behaiviour of the QoS players and staff towards the referee and the crowd incitement, all things that everyone at the game could see, they decide to lead on a story based on the words of the main culprit of the previous ugly scenes had caused...poor poor Derek Lyle and shame on Hibs for sticking up for themselves...its reports in the press like this that will get the CO involved...shame on you Scotsman!!!

marinello59
21-12-2015, 06:08 AM
And there we have the start of the negative press against Hibs for this week...instead of an Edinburgh paper to report about the game, and or the ugly scenes after the goal, the amatuer behaiviour of the QoS players and staff towards the referee and the crowd incitement, all things that everyone at the game could see, they decide to lead on a story based on the words of the main culprit of the previous ugly scenes had caused...poor poor Derek Lyle and shame on Hibs for sticking up for themselves...its reports in the press like this that will get the CO involved...shame on you Scotsman!!!

Did anybody here actually see him doing the flute thing? His account of events after the goal was scored between him and the crowd are pretty much as I saw it at the time. We were giving him pelters and he was giving us it back. He would have been better keeping the conversation between himself and Farid private though, heat of the moment stuff surely with one as bad as the other. Lyle is getting far more attention than he deserves.

CentreLine
21-12-2015, 06:33 AM

Classic deflection by whataboutery. Irrelevant man behaves in an unacceptable manner then deflects by accusing others who reacted. I hope the CO does investigate this incident.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2015, 06:42 AM

Yes that's right, maybe best if you go the full hog and say i was trolling too. :blah:

Carheenlea
21-12-2015, 06:46 AM

After reading that you have to remind yourself that this is a 35 year old grown man. :yamlaugh:

I'd rather concern ourselves more with investigating the accusations of racist abuse rather than waste any more time with this idiot.

500miles
21-12-2015, 06:58 AM
I like big Farid, not fit enough to play, but willing to knock out Huns to earn his wage. :thumbsup:

When do we put up the statue?:hibees

Pedantic_Hibee
21-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Derek Lyle looks like the token weegie Hun mutant that walks into your local and thinks he's gods gift...the natives will tolerate him and pay him lip service but behind his back they call him a prick. And breathe a sigh of relief when he leaves.

Oompa-loompa skinned Essex wannabe midget cockwombling fud knocking halfwit. And that's just his qualities.

Green Man
21-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Derek Lyle looks like the token weegie Hun mutant that walks into your local and thinks he's gods gift...the natives will tolerate him and pay him lip service but behind his back they call him a prick. And breathe a sigh of relief when he leaves.

Oompa-loompa skinned Essex wannabe midget cockwombling fud knocking halfwit. And that's just his qualities.

Tell us what you really think :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
21-12-2015, 08:13 AM

There was an interview with Jon Daly in the Herald a couple of years back.

Largely a "lifestyle piece" style interview but he talked about being a Catholic player at the rangers.
The combination of the light hearted tone sat very oddly with his comments about his religion causing him to be treated a bit oddly when he was buying chips and the like.

What really struck me was if you'd substituted in being black for every mention of being Catholic is would have been so obviously unacceptable that it made you realise just how strange it is that this sectarian guff is seemingly accepted.

QMU-1875
21-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Someone should really contact one of these journalists to get them to talk about the flute incident.

Platinum Scotty
21-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Someone should really contact one of these journalists to get them to talk about the flute incident.

Does someone actually have it on film, either still or TV?

apologies if its been shared and I missed it

HarpyHibby
21-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Did anybody here actually see him doing the flute thing? His account of events after the goal was scored between him and the crowd are pretty much as I saw it at the time. We were giving him pelters and he was giving us it back. He would have been better keeping the conversation between himself and Farid private though, heat of the moment stuff surely with one as bad as the other. Lyle is getting far more attention than he deserves.

The OP seen it and I certainly seen it as well. I've no interest in making things up.

Anyway, here's the response from Police Scotland.

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Great summary of the whole incident from Kenny Clark in today's Sun....says Colvin was right to drop the ball where he did and if QOS should be angry at anyone it's their own player Miller for trying to time waste and not contest the drop ball. Clark says Colvin and Hibs did nothing wrong. Move on...nothing to see here

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

brog
21-12-2015, 08:51 AM

Identical story to to what was in the DR today. Looks like a PR job on Queens part to avoid repercussions for Lyle's actions. As Lyle himself inadvertently says, Hibs would be celebrating the win, why start a fight?
PS, unsurprisingly the DR goes further & suggests Farid will only avoid action because ref didn't see it. They also use "brawl" in the headline for a story which goes on to say there was no, em, "brawl". Cutting edge journalism as ever.

Golden Bear
21-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Identical story to to what was in the DR today. Looks like a PR job on Queens part to avoid repercussions for Lyle's actions. As Lyle himself inadvertently says, Hibs would be celebrating the win, why start a fight?
PS, unsurprisingly the DR goes further & suggests Farid will only avoid action because ref didn't see it. They also use "brawl" in the headline for a story which goes on to say there was no, em, "brawl". Cutting edge journalism as ever.

Was there any mention in the DR about the supposed brawl in the tunnel between David Weir and Alan Maybury at the end of the Falkirk v the Rangers game?

Lago
21-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Yes that's right, maybe best if you go the full hog and say i was trolling too. :blah:

As they say, if the cap fits.:yawn:

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Great summary of the whole incident from Kenny Clark in today's Sun....says Colvin was right to drop the ball where he did and if QOS should be angry at anyone it's their own player Miller for trying to time waste and not contest the drop ball. Clark says Colvin and Hibs did nothing wrong. Move on...nothing to see here

Typical weegie media etc.

hibs0666
21-12-2015, 09:38 AM
The OP seen it and I certainly seen it as well. I've no interest in making things up.

Why ayone would go running off to the police over Lyle is beyond me.

HarpyHibby
21-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Why ayone would go running off to the police over Lyle is beyond me.

I think your arguments already been countered pretty well in the previous pages.

hibs0666
21-12-2015, 09:58 AM
I think your arguments already been countered pretty well in the previous pages.

Are we so precious that someone doing a flute simulation and shouting Hibs are pish causes us to go running to the police?

snooky
21-12-2015, 10:03 AM

The quality of the Scotsman these days is on par with Mr Lyle's actions so no real surprise there.

Jim44
21-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Lyle's a snivelling Hun coward. ' He challenged me to a square go in the tunnel and I would have gone for it, if I hadn't been held back. (metaphorically by Stubbs telling him to screw the nut). Sour grapes and stirring up a mountain out of a molehill.

Borderhibbie76
21-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Typical weegie media etc.
😂😂😂

marinello59
21-12-2015, 10:09 AM

I'm not saying it didn't happen. It must have been whilst I was still going mental celebrating the goal. By the time I clocked him it was pantomime stuff between us and him with Lyle getting more and more wound up. I found it pretty funny to be honest.

Kato
21-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Are we so precious that someone doing a flute simulation and shouting Hibs are pish causes us to go running to the police?

What do you mean "we"?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2015, 11:26 AM
It's nearly 2016, playing an imaginary flute is inflammatory.......It's wrong, and sectarianism is a blight on our game.....

Needs to be stamped out, but unfortunately it won't.....

You can't educate imbeciles.

hibees 7062
21-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Hibs forward Farid El Alagui is set to escape a rap for challenging Queen of the South's Derek Lyle to a fight in the Easter Road tunnel. (Daily Record)

hibees 7062
21-12-2015, 12:03 PM
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2015/12/20/queen-of-the-south-midfielder-derek-lyle-irked-by-events-at-easter-road/?platform=hootsuite

AngusHibby
21-12-2015, 12:08 PM

I'm the OP and I haven't at any point said that I saw Derek Lyle miming the flute. Not saying it didn't happen, but I was half watching the game half watching him shout into the stands.

Biggie
21-12-2015, 12:08 PM
could just see Farid wind-milling into the away dressing room with bodies flying everywhere...lol

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Neither have I truth be told. Just Googled him and I can confirm he looks like a total shop front.

As for the nashers, they remind me of the Friends episode where Ross got his teeth whitened. :greengrin

that's the first thing i thought when i saw the photo of lyle smiling :tee hee:

http://blog.vickiboykis.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Frien1019.jpg

Pretty Boy
21-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Farid getting a ban would be the most pointless punishment ever anyway.

Cool_Hand_Luke
21-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Hibs forward Farid El Alagui is set to escape a rap for challenging Queen of the South's Derek Lyle to a fight in the Easter Road tunnel. (Daily Record)

From where I was sitting, it looked like it was Lyle that was challenging Farid and telling him he would see him in the tunnel...going mental and getting held back. Farid was just standing there cool as you like which seemed to be winding him up even more. Might have been different in the tunnel, but that's what I saw before the tunnel was pulled out...

soupy
21-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Derek Lyle is closing fast on my "Most detested Managers" list but Peter Houston is still in the lead.

He's a player 🙄😊

Twiglet
21-12-2015, 12:58 PM
From where I was sitting, it looked like it was Lyle that was challenging Farid and telling him he would see him in the tunnel...going mental and getting held back. Farid was just standing there cool as you like which seemed to be winding him up even more. Might have been different in the tunnel, but that's what I saw before the tunnel was pulled out...

I was standing right behind Farid and that's how it happened. They pulled the tunnel out early so Lyle couldn't get to Farid (and possibly in the hope he would calm down of he wasn't able to see him).

magnificent_seven
21-12-2015, 01:13 PM
This Twitter account has his look alike spot on!

https://mobile.twitter.com/stramashing/status/678919388418940928

Geo_1875
21-12-2015, 01:16 PM

He looks more like the guys dad.

magnificent_seven
21-12-2015, 01:29 PM
He looks more like the guys dad.

True, the guys permatan and luminous teeth are absolutely awful! Quite a few ex Hibees on that account, just about made me bring my lunch back up looking at the rubbish we have had over the years.

cabbageandribs1875
21-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

The Harp Awakes
21-12-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm not saying it didn't happen. It must have been whilst I was still going mental celebrating the goal. By the time I clocked him it was pantomime stuff between us and him with Lyle getting more and more wound up. I found it pretty funny to be honest.

Saw the entire incident. I'm 3 rows behind the away dugout and yes, happened 100%. As well as the flute act, It was also the way he was conducting himself like a total ned, screaming stuff at the crowd (couldn't make out what it was). He was reacting to the Hibs fans celebrating the goal and then tried to pick a fight with someone on the Hibs bench. He manufactured the situation himself and was completely unprovoked in the lead up.

Kato
21-12-2015, 02:19 PM
Saw the entire incident. I'm 3 rows behind the away dugout and yes, happened 100%. As well as the flute act, It was also the way he was conducting himself like a total ned, screaming stuff at the crowd (couldn't make out what it was). He was reacting to the Hibs fans celebrating the goal and then tried to pick a fight with someone on the Hibs bench. He manufactured the situation himself and was completely unprovoked in the lead up.

Strangely, or not, the press doesn't see it that way. They only see it DL's way as they only have his quotes about the incident.

givescotlandfreedom
21-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Strangely, or not, the press doesn't see it that way. They only see it DL's way as they only have his quotes about the incident.

They're reporting it from one standpoint and ignoring the other in its entirety. Piss poor journalism and doesn't discredit anybody on here.

The Harp Awakes
21-12-2015, 02:31 PM

Which is the very reason for not keeping quiet about what actually happended, so good on HH for trying. Not only is DL getting off scot free here, but he's being portrayed as the victim. If he gets away with it he'll do it again and Scotland will continue be seen as a safe haven for these bigots on and off the football park.

Kato
21-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Which is the very reason for not keeping quiet about what actually happended, so good on HH for trying. Not only is DL getting off scot free here, but he's being portrayed as the victim. If he gets away with it he'll do it again and Scotland will continue be seen as a safe haven for these bigots on and off the football park.

I think the way journos want this to go is for Hibs/Stubbs to come out and "lambast" his claims and "roar" that Farid did nowt. The following tit for tat providing a distraction before next weeks game.

Maybe Hibs should just ignore it, dunno.

21-12-2015, 03:29 PM
I think the way journos want this to go is for Hibs/Stubbs to come out and "lambast" his claims and "roar" that Farid did nowt. The following tit for tat providing a distraction before next weeks game.

Thats exactly what we should do. The west coast media will be desperate to get a bit of a **** storm around us going before next weeks game with the huns. Don't get involved and just get on with preparing ourselves for the game.

blackpoolhibs
21-12-2015, 03:44 PM

As i said, there was no hate crime. Now if you'd mentioned the abuse and threatening behaviour, perhaps i'd have more sympathy and backed your police report.

Can i ask why you did not mention these things, maybe you did and i'm mistaken? :confused:

hibees 7062
21-12-2015, 03:45 PM

Hope it's at Parkhead then

dangermouse
21-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Thats exactly what we should do. The west coast media will be desperate to get a bit of a **** storm around us going before next weeks game with the huns. Don't get involved and just get on with preparing ourselves for the game.

Agree 100% Let Lyle make an erse of himself and go quietly about our business. Glad to see at the bottom of the article on QOS site he thinks THe Rangers will win the Championship. Just heaps more pressure on them :greengrin

Spike Mandela
21-12-2015, 03:59 PM
I'm the OP and I haven't at any point said that I saw Derek Lyle miming the flute. Not saying it didn't happen, but I was half watching the game half watching him shout into the stands.

Trust me I seen it with my own eyes. I sit 8 rows behind away dugout and he clearly mimiced playing the flute and was going berzerk being held back long before anything happened in the tunnel.

The red mist had descended and he represented perfectly a bad loser, a bigot and a thug in everything he was doing towards the end.

They don't like it up em you know.:greengrin

marinello59
21-12-2015, 04:23 PM
They're reporting it from one standpoint and ignoring the other in its entirety. Piss poor journalism and doesn't discredit anybody on here.

Maybe Hibs don't want to be drawn in to any sort of slagging match and our players have been keeping a dignified silence. That would seem to be the best way to handle this to me.

givescotlandfreedom
21-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Maybe Hibs don't want to be drawn in to any sort of slagging match and our players have been keeping a dignified silence. That would seem to be the best way to handle this to me.

Maybe that's the case, my ire was aimed at the media, not the club in any way. They could have mentioned there were reports of misbehavior from the Hibs support, they lift stuff off here all the time.

Argylehibby
21-12-2015, 04:31 PM

I don't think ignoring it is the way to go to be honest. Firstly we have someone accusing one of the clubs employees of something they did not do and tarnishing their reputation. The employee deserves the backing of his employer by them addressing the misrepresentation. When addressing it however I would love the club to ask why this was published without asking Hibs or the player for their comments (unless of course they did ask but can't see how they would have gone with the story if Hibs had given the true events)

Secondly, it shouldn't be Stubbs taking this up but a more senior official at the club allowing AS to knock back questions saying it's being dealt with by someone else and I don't have anything to say on the matter.

Finally when one of our regular posters was accused by the same rag of attacking a Rangers bus they were forced to withdraw their story as a number of people contacted them with the true version of what happened. Those of you who did witness it could / should contact the rag and put forward their view of events.

scottyc1875
21-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Agree 100% Let Lyle make an erse of himself and go quietly about our business. Glad to see at the bottom of the article on QOS site he thinks THe Rangers will win the Championship. Just heaps more pressure on them :greengrin

He has been biggin them up all season.... Just a wanna be! Can stick his flute right up there....😜

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-cruise-title-beat-hibs-6724140

banarc7062
21-12-2015, 04:54 PM
No even good enough to lace Gazza's boots who obviously gave him that idea. GGTTH

CentreLine
21-12-2015, 05:41 PM
He has been biggin them up all season.... Just a wanna be! Can stick his flute right up there....😜

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-cruise-title-beat-hibs-6724140

Just the start of a week long campaign. Starting with an irrelevant has been it will be ramped up and they will be desperate to draw quotes from any Hibs representative they can so as to distract from the game. Ideally the CO will be on the case and do his job