PDA

View Full Version : Bring on THE Rangers!

SteveHFC
19-12-2015, 04:06 PM
That is all.

Northernhibee
19-12-2015, 04:18 PM
They're petrified of us.

Canon Hannan
19-12-2015, 04:20 PM
They're petrified of us.

Was chatting to Liam Craig an he says we are a better team than them.

SeanWilson
19-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Was chatting to Liam Craig an he says we are a better team than them.

Oh well then, we must be 😂😂
In all seriousness though, we are.

Bring on ibrox!!

Ross4356
19-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Now Stuart Cosgrove and Tom English are tipping

Golden Bear
19-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Lee Wallace is their best player by a country mile. If we can stop him from making an effective attacking contribution then I'm confident we WILL beat them.

snooky
19-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Personally I don't like pre-match sabre-rattling.
Let's keep quiet, go there, do the biz and THEN shout about it.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2015, 08:03 PM
We beat QOS with the last kick of the ball at home today.

Easy with the over confidence, please.

Libby Hibby
19-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Let's get tore in about them, they are a poor side and let's expose this again, live on telly. We are carrying a bit of luck at present but we will come into good form and it WILL be at Ibrox on the 28th.

GGTTH

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 08:55 PM

The Rangers got beat of Falkirk today, should give us plenty of confidence that we can go there and take the 3 points and go top of the table, we are the in form team in the league just now and should have no fear of going to Ipox next week and beat a out of form Rangers team.

My money is on a Hibs win.

Ronniekirk
19-12-2015, 09:03 PM
The Rangers got beat of Falkirk today, should give us plenty of confidence that we can go there and take the 3 points and go top of the table, we are the in form team in the league just now and should have no fear of going to Ipox next week and beat a out of form Rangers team.

My money is on a Hibs win.

As long as you start the Match Day Thread Silver we will be fine :agree:

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Have they sold out yet, maybe Hibs should make a public statement for more tickets if they are struggling to sell out the big hoose.

JeMeSouviens
19-12-2015, 09:12 PM
WWWWDW vs LWDWDL

weecounty hibby
19-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Have they sold out yet, maybe Hibs should make a public statement for more tickets if they are struggling to sell out the big hoose.
Sold out for some time apparently, hun at my work has been telling me this for a week now

BoomtownHibees
19-12-2015, 09:20 PM

Nonsense

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Apparantley been sold out from yesterday.........:rolleyes:

Lago
19-12-2015, 09:25 PM
:top marks
Personally I don't like pre-match sabre-rattling.
Let's keep quiet, go there, do the biz and THEN shout about it.

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 09:28 PM
I can't wait for this one.

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 09:32 PM
As long as you start the Match Day Thread Silver we will be fine :agree:

Only if I get a ticket for the game, over to you Leeann. :greengrin

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Apparantley been sold out from yesterday.........:rolleyes:

C'mon the 900.

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 09:42 PM
I can't wait for this one.

Santa better get me a nice Green top for Xmas.

Always like to show that shower of manky tramps that Green is good.

GGTTH

SteveHFC
19-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Santa better get me a nice Green top for Xmas.

Always like to show that shower of manky tramps that Green is good.

GGTTH

No colours for me. Will just wear blue to stand in with them :greengrin

Andy74
19-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Either way it's now not the worst thing in the world if we come out of having played them twice at Ibrox just 3 points behind.

Libby Hibby
19-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Either way it's now not the worst thing in the world if we come out of having played them twice at Ibrox just 3 points behind.

Correct

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 09:48 PM
No colours for me. Will just wear blue to stand in with them :greengrin

Not good enough. :rolleyes:

Everyone should be made to wear a green top, the whole 900 of us. :thumbsup:

Jim44
19-12-2015, 09:50 PM

Defeatist. :greengrin

matty_f
19-12-2015, 09:53 PM

Good shout, Andy. :agree:

The title won't be won or lost in December.

Golden Bear
19-12-2015, 09:57 PM
It's not won or lost for sure but I'd rather we come out of the next fixture with a 3 point advantage and that is for sure!

GreenLake
19-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Lee Wallace is their best player by a country mile. If we can stop him from making an effective attacking contribution then I'm confident we WILL beat them.

We should be making a bid for him in the January transfer window. Get him home to his boyhood club.

silverhibee
19-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Good shout, Andy. :agree:

The title won't be won or lost in December.

It will certainly help if we are 3 points ahead in December though.

And that is the aim, the players won't be thinking like Andy and you. :greengrin

Golden Bear
19-12-2015, 10:19 PM

And that is the aim, the players won't be thinking like Andy and you. :greengrin

Well said. Gerrintaethem!!

SteveHFC
19-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Not good enough. :rolleyes:

Everyone should be made to wear a green top, the whole 900 of us. :thumbsup:

Then all of us should walk up Paisley Road West after the game singing and cheering. :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
19-12-2015, 10:49 PM
Then all of us should walk up Paisley Road West after the game singing and cheering. :thumbsup:

900, v 50'000, that will work :greengrin

PatHead
19-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Wonder if we will have the league won by Easter?

delbert
20-12-2015, 12:24 AM

I would imagine that in reality it will be 900 v 50001 because I reckon it's an absolute cert who next weeks referee will be!

Scott Allan Key
20-12-2015, 02:15 AM

Oh, ye of little faith.

Keith_M
20-12-2015, 07:38 AM

There'll only be a couple of hundred of them in the Stadium at the end of the game

:wink:

lucky
20-12-2015, 08:05 AM

I would take a draw now. They need to win more than us but there will be plenty of ups and downs between now and the end of the season.

truehibernian
20-12-2015, 08:14 AM
I would take a draw now. They need to win more than us but there will be plenty of ups and downs between now and the end of the season.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't win. The Rangers are awful at the back - yesterday all Houston had to do was play a compact midfield, win possession and play balls over the top - time and time again a ball over the top or between Kiernan and Wilson caught them out because Wallace and Tavernier don't know how to defend and are caught far to far up the pitch.

Halliday was nullified and I also noticed he doesn't like the physical aspect of the game. He pulled out of a few tackles.

This could be a game for Keatings to shine if he's played behind the strikers.

Hibs to win by two goals !

truehibernian
20-12-2015, 10:51 AM
Is the compliance officer going to deal with Dean Shiels kicking an opponent off the ball ? Seems strange this went missed in all the post match comment - he clearly aimed a kick at the Falkirk player after a tumble in the box.

high bee
20-12-2015, 11:06 AM

Last week we looked comfortable playing our 10v11 of Falkirk, who never looked like scoring, then we scored with 9 on the park. The same Falkirk team just beat Sevco.

It's not about winning comfortably every week, it's about grinding out results when you're not playing well, that's the sign of potential champions.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Fancy Keatings to tear them to bits next week, the centre halves are murder.

Onion
20-12-2015, 11:42 AM
I'll be very disappointed if we don't win. The Rangers are awful at the back - yesterday all Houston had to do was play a compact midfield, win possession and play balls over the top - time and time again a ball over the top or between Kiernan and Wilson caught them out because Wallace and Tavernier don't know how to defend and are caught far to far up the pitch.

Halliday was nullified and I also noticed he doesn't like the physical aspect of the game. He pulled out of a few tackles.

This could be a game for Keatings to shine if he's played behind the strikers.

Hibs to win by two goals !

You could see the Huns visibly panic when they went 2-1 running about like headless chickens and bombing forward. During this 10 mins, Falkirk hit the post and the Sevco keeper made 2 great saves as Falkirk picked they back 4 apart.

Pressure is all on the Huns on 18th and they're not handling it well. Hibs have a great chance.

Sir David Gray
20-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Absolutely buzzing for this game.

I just wish I could get Christmas out the way and go straight to next Monday.

Actually can't wait. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm not a fan of bigging up our chances before big matches and this one is no exception.

Are we capable of winning at Ibrox, damn right we are, but its not going to be easy and I'm sure that's what AS will be telling the players. If we do it will be massive for us. But as things stand at the moment it wont be the disaster it might have been a few weeks ago if we don't.

A draw is still a positive result for us and even if we do lose being 3 points behind after 2 visits to their place with 18 games to go still leaves us in a good place with plenty twists & turns to come.

Having said all that ....... To lose to us at home after already chucking away an 11 point lead would IMO be a crushing blow for der Hun and the natives will turn on the team like rabid dogs on steroids, as they always do. What better incentive do we need.

truehibernian
20-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I'm not a fan of bigging up our chances before big matches and this one is no exception.

Are we capable of winning at Ibrox, damn right we are, but its not going to be easy and I'm sure that's what AS will be telling the players. If we do it will be massive for us. But as things stand at the moment it wont be the disaster it might have been a few weeks ago if we don't.

A draw is still a positive result for us and even if we do lose being 3 points behind after 2 visits to their place with 18 games to go still leaves us in a good place with plenty twists & turns to come.

Having said all that ....... To lose to us at home after already chucking away an 11 point lead would IMO be a crushing blow for der Hun and the natives will turn on the team like rabid dogs on steroids, as they always do. What better incentive do we need.

We've also had to contend with the Scott Allan saga, injuries to key players and a successful cup run ourselves (against SPL opposition to boot) - for me this shows the character of the whole squad and is a measure of their desire this year.

If you looked at The Rangers yesterday, and their bench, if they lose a couple of key players (and for me their only key players are Holt, Tavernier and Wallace) then they are struggling - and they only have last years players to call on (Law, Miller, etc).

Hibs have got a really really good squad this season - to even be talking about adding to it is amazing :aok:

Hermit Crab
20-12-2015, 06:53 PM
I would imagine that in reality it will be 900 v 50001 because I reckon it's an absolute cert who next weeks referee will be!

Who?

Mr White
20-12-2015, 07:06 PM
I hope we honour eddie turnbull by taking the piss out of them.

Eyrie
20-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Who?

It's a massive game that will go a long way to determining who wins the division, so the appointment will be one of the top referees. Collum had the Sevco game at the weekend, so that only leaves the cheat.

greenginger
20-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Other fixtures to keep an eye on.

26th Falkirk v Dumbarton

28th Rangers v Us

29th Falkirk v Livingston

Falkirk could quite conceivably catch up with the loser of the Ibrox match. Better make sure its not us .

Greenworld
21-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Other fixtures to keep an eye on.

26th Falkirk v Dumbarton

28th Rangers v Us

29th Falkirk v Livingston

Falkirk could quite conceivably catch up with the loser of the Ibrox match. Better make sure its not us .
You have to think that they to will slip up and most likely when u least expect it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
21-12-2015, 08:59 AM
It's a massive game that will go a long way to determining who wins the division, so the appointment will be one of the top referees. Collum had the Sevco game at the weekend, so that only leaves the cheat.

I will be very surprised if CT gets the Hibs game. He's more than likely to get the Hearts v Celtic on the 27th. It will be Collum or Bobby Madden.

erin go bragh
21-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Sevco were very fortunate to beat us at Castle Greyskull the last time . We burst their bubble at ER , now we have the chance to go top and leave them to battle it out with Falkirk for 2nd . I'm going for another 3-0 . Fuuck them

GGTTH

theonlywayisup
21-12-2015, 11:37 AM
What do you think Stubbs is thinking?

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/F697/production/_87272136_stubbs3.jpg

Salt N Sauzee
21-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Me & a couple mates drove up to the game last year but parked in an area that meant mingling with Home Supporters on the walk to the game. A tense affair.

Chants of "Stubbsy! has only got one ball!" etc rang out from parts of their support followed by laughter.

Absolute torture having to bite my tongue and not say anything but didn't fancy a kicking!

****my barstools.

Sir David Gray
21-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Me & a couple mates drove up to the game last year but parked in an area that meant mingling with Home Supporters on the walk to the game. A tense affair.

Chants of "Stubbsy! has only got one ball!" etc rang out from parts of their support followed by laughter.

Absolute torture having to bite my tongue and not say anything but didn't fancy a kicking!

****my barstools.

I don't recommend it at all.

I drove through them last season on my way to the away car park and it was a frightening experience.

Some of the people following that club are actually from a different planet.

SanFranHibs
21-12-2015, 02:30 PM
I recall coming down from inverness to go to ibrox and jumped on the underground at Buchanan street and the carriage was packed, all Rangers fan and i had my Hibs scarf on. The carriage was eerily silent and everyone just stared at me in disbelief. An older guy whispered to me in a friendly way....'you cant wear your scarf. Do you know which end of the ground you come out at?' I confess i walked very briskly round to the away end and as they did not beat us that day i decided against returning via the underground and jumped on a Hibees bus.

Anyhow, this week will come down to defences. I think ours is better but we must keep our cool. I think we will score, have better midfield and striker options who will be suited by the open game. But McGinn and Cummings better be prepared for a few sore ones.

I am confident we will win. Just keep calm and take our chances.

SteveHFC
21-12-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't recommend it at all.

I drove through them last season on my way to the away car park and it was a frightening experience.

Some of the people following that club are actually from a different planet.

Had no issues walking beside them and getting the subway back to Buchanan Street on plenty of occasions. Even though i wasn't wearing any colours. :wink:

matty_f
21-12-2015, 02:39 PM

The players had best be going for 3 points, I'll be hoping we get them as well. I just think that it's vital that as a support we don't spit the dummy and write off the title challenge if we don't get the three points.

There's plenty football to be played, I'd hope the players are going for 3 points each and every time they take to the field. Results and performances certainly indicate that they do.

silverhibee
21-12-2015, 09:10 PM
The players had best be going for 3 points, I'll be hoping we get them as well. I just think that it's vital that as a support we don't spit the dummy and write off the title challenge if we don't get the three points.

There's plenty football to be played, I'd hope the players are going for 3 points each and every time they take to the field. Results and performances certainly indicate that they do.

I'm not even thinking of dropping 3 points, I expect the chat on here after the game to be about, can Falkirk nip 2nd place after the new club lose at home again.

The players will do it. :gwa:

Hermit Crab
23-12-2015, 09:34 AM
I will be very surprised if CT gets the Hibs game. He's more than likely to get the Hearts v Celtic on the 27th. It will be Collum or Bobby Madden.

Bobby it is. Good ref. :agree:

mutley
23-12-2015, 01:49 PM
I was chatting to a The Rangers fan the other night, he said he would happily take a draw!
They are definitely worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeanWilson
23-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Rangers supporting brother in law (i know my sisters an arse)... Seems to think that we will be rumbled and title aspiration will be over by Feb... 😂😂😂 cannot wait to get it royally round him! GGTTH

SteveHFC
23-12-2015, 03:42 PM
2-1 Hibs

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211/MonDieuHibeesBounce/merryflameshandling_zpsymxufe1p.gif