PDA

View Full Version : NHC Morton v Raith

Lago
18-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Currently on Alba 0 - 0 at the moment.park looks decent.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks. Forgot about this, was watching Birmingham v Cardiff which is dire

danhibees1875
18-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Lost the sound. Ideal.

brog
18-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Just to demonstrate incompetence is not confined to Scottish officials the ref in Brum game just gave a shocking pen. Ball clearly hit defender in face!

delbert
18-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Lost the sound. Ideal.

In a week when the rest of the world manage to get perfect sound and pictures from the International Space Station, back on planet Earth, the total muppets at BBC Scotland manage not to be able to ge a sound feed fro Greenock - kind of answers the question as to why Sportsound and Sportscene lookand sound so amateurish and there are two programmes for which sound loss would be an act of mercy!

Pete
18-12-2015, 08:50 PM
The crowd erupts as Raith equalise.

I think.

Billy Whizz
18-12-2015, 08:53 PM
No Raith fans in the uncovered Dublin End. Makes you ask why Hibs didn't get part of the covered stand, where I presume the Raith fans are seated

GordonHFC
18-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Lost the sound. Ideal.

Now they are apologising for the loss of sound after they got it back.

Hero76
18-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Currently on Alba 0 - 0 at the moment.park looks decent.

look decent for about 2 mins, utter garbage is a compliment.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Jesus what an eye bleeding bad game.........both teams are absolute dross!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Loss of sound was the best thing about this garbage

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:27 PM
It's games like this which confirm why we need to get rid of at least half the teams in the Scottish game 1200 fans is not any loss ........

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:29 PM

They should be apologising for getting the sound back, and to think the tax payer pays for this crap, better to have it on BBC 2 if at all

Sir David Gray
18-12-2015, 09:32 PM
2-1 Raith Rovers, penalty in the 90th minute.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 09:36 PM

Wouldn't it be difficult to apologise for the loss of sound during the loss of sound? :greengrin

Lago
18-12-2015, 09:36 PM
It's games like this which confirm why we need to get rid of at least half the teams in the Scottish game 1200 fans is not any loss ........

And some people want to expand the top league, incorporating teams like Morton & Raith. Also acres & acres of empty seats.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Agree Lago, allowing these teams into the top flight is suicide, utter dross......

bingo70
18-12-2015, 09:39 PM
And some people want to expand the top league, incorporating teams like Morton & Raith. Also acres & acres of empty seats.

Them playing against bigger teams might help them attract more fans back, surely that's the point.

Hull reading the other night had thousands of empty seats, should they not be allowed back in the premiership?

Pete
18-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Agree Lago, allowing these teams into the top flight is suicide, utter dross......

They might get bigger crowds if they were part of a bigger league. This would allow them to invest in players. The two teams tonight and their die hard fans aren't the problem.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Them playing against bigger teams might help them attract more fans back, surely that's the point.

Hull reading the other night had thousands of empty seats, should they not be allowed back in the premiership?

Sorry don't buy it........the likes of Morton are never likely to attract 10-20 thousand fans in a home game

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:42 PM
They might get bigger crowds if they were part of a bigger league. This would allow them to invest in players. The two teams tonight and their die hard fans aren't the problem.

You mean 2000 fans [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Sorry don't buy it........the likes of Morton are never likely to attract 10-20 thousand fans in a home game

So only clubs who can attract that many should be in the top league?

Pete
You mean 2000 fans [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm sure over half the top flight teams would get poor crowds if they were stuck in the doldrums for ages. Should we just bin everyone apart from ourselves, Hearts, the Glasgow two and Aberdeen?

whiskyhibby
If the Scottish game is to survive then we need to recognise that having teams that attract a pub team level of support is not going to move the Scottish game forward

Pretty Boy
18-12-2015, 09:45 PM

20K fans on a regular basis is pie in the sky for almost every club in Scotland, including Hibs, these days.

Average attendances across the leagues over the last 25 years testify to that.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm sure over half the top flight teams would get poor crowds if they were stuck in the doldrums for ages. Should we just bin everyone apart from ourselves, Hearts, the Glasgow two and Aberdeen?

No but 1200 fans aren't the saviour of Scottish football

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:47 PM
20K fans on a regular basis is pie in the sky for almost every club in Scotland, including Hibs, these days.

Average attendances across the leagues over the last 25 years testify to that.

No but that's the issue Hibs could have 20k fans on a regular basis if the league was competitive, Raith are doing very well,but probably have 800 fans.....that's Irish league level , so for me the message is goodbye

Pretty Boy
18-12-2015, 09:47 PM

Neither are they the cause of it's problems.

Losing 1200 fans to the game altogether doesn't seem like any kind of solution to a problem to me. Or do we patronisingly expect them to start to follow a 'big' team after we close their club down.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Neither are they the cause of it's problems.

Losing 1200 fans to the game altogether doesn't seem like any kind of solution to a problem to me. Or do we patronisingly expect them to start to follow a 'big' team after we close their club down.

1200 fans could go and support Rugby and it would have have no influence.....

CropleyWasGod
No but that's the issue Hibs could have 20k fans on a regular basis if the league was competitive, Raith are doing very well,but probably have 800 fans.....that's Irish league level , so for me the message is goodbye

By your reckoning, there's only about 5-6 clubs that would get in this "competitive league".

Pretty Boy

When did Hibs last average 20K? Early to mid 70s?

How does getting rid of clubs like Raith and Morton improve competitiveness?

Liberal Hibby

Rather 1200 die hard fans turning up on a December Friday night than 50000 sectarian ****bags turning up at the so called elite clubs.

Scottish football needs every single fan at the moment.

whiskyhibby
By your reckoning, there's only about 5-6 clubs that would get in this "competitive league".

No like I said we need to get rid of about 20

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Rather 1200 die hard fans turning up on a December Friday night than 50000 sectarian ****bags turning up at the so called elite clubs.

No it doesn't if it means the leagues are dragging down the game

Pete
18-12-2015, 09:51 PM

Proper wealth distribution is the saviour IMO. People from Greenock and Kirkcaldy care more about the Rangers than they do about their local team so it's about time gate money was split or a system was in place that helped encourage competition.

whiskyhibby
When did Hibs last average 20K? Early to mid 70s?

How does getting rid of clubs like Raith and Morton improve competitiveness?

It restricts the league set up and perhaps makes it more competitive, otherwise what would you have 300,teams in 10 leagues and 1000 supporters for each?

whiskyhibby
Proper wealth distribution is the saviour IMO. People from Greenock and Kirkcaldy care more about the Rangers than they do about their local team so it's about time gate money was split or a system was in place that helped encourage competition.

Spot on!

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 09:52 PM
No it doesn't if it means the leagues are dragging down the game

On what basis are Morton and Raith dragging down the game? Only if you measure it in empty space I suppose. One of the teams proved they could compete with the big boys on Saturday for example.

And neither Morton or Raith have been bankrupt - unlike some of the clubs you think will help develop the game.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 09:53 PM
No like I said we need to get rid of about 20

Did you?

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 09:54 PM
It restricts the league set up and perhaps makes it more competitive, otherwise what would you have 300,teams in 10 leagues and 1000 supporters for each?

That would be more competitive than 2 clubs sucking up 90% of the wealth and support.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:54 PM
On what basis are Morton and Raith dragging down the game? Only if you measure it in empty space I suppose. One of the teams proved they could compete with the big boys on Saturday for example.

And neither Morton or Raith have been bankrupt - unlike some of the clubs you think will help develop the game.

Unfortunately irrespective of how financially stab,e you are, if you can only muster 1000 fans then you should be playing outside the professional game if Scottish football is to progress

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:55 PM
That would be more competitive than 2 clubs sucking up 90% of the wealth and support.

Agree but sharing this between 40 teams rather than 20 is not going to help

stoneyburn hibs
18-12-2015, 09:55 PM

Dear oh dear Peter, I usually like your input but this is very poor.

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately irrespective of how financially stab,e you are, if you can only muster 1000 fans then you should be playing output side the professional game if Scottish football is to progress

Why? What is your rationale? How would your professional league of 6 - 8 clubs help to progress Scottish football?

whiskyhibby
Why? What is your rationale? How would your professional league of 6 - 8 clubs help to progress Scottish football?

It wouldn't but two professional leagues of 12 might

.Sean.
Morton doing me for 260 quid, hope we hammer them next time we meet.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2015, 09:57 PM
It redirects the league set up and perhaps makes it more competitive, otherwise what would you have 300,teams in 10 leagues and 1000 supporters mod each?

So we have less teams,which I almost understand as 42 clubs for a population the size of Scotland is a lot, with less fans following the game, 20-22 'elite' teams with the same fan bases as they have now and 2 clubs that in terms of fan base and potential revenue still dwarf every other club in the country. How does that make the game more competitve? Celtic will still win the league every year, Rangers may one day challenege them again. Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and possibly Dundee Utd will still get to a few more finals than everyone else and everyone will still be where they are now.

bingo70
18-12-2015, 09:58 PM

The 1200 fans number is nonsense as well, if we're getting rid of the small clubs then you're talking almost 20x that figure. On top of that you've got the kids they will introduce to Scottish football, get rid of them and of course it'll impact our game.

Too many people watch match of the day and all the sky sports hype about English football and won't be happy until we're the same as them but that's never going to be realistic.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:58 PM
So we have less teams,which I almost understand as 42 clubs for a population the size of Scotland is a lot, with less fans following the game, 20-22 'elite' teams with the same fan bases as they have now and 2 clubs that in terms of fan base and potential revenue still dwarf every other club in the country. How does that make the game more competitve? Celtic will still win the league every year, Rangers may one day challenege them again. Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and possibly Dundee Utd will still get to a few more finals than everyone else and everyone will still be where they are now.

That's a fair point and something we need to address but having 40+"teams for the Scottish game reflects a situation of the 1950's and is no longer supportable

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 09:59 PM

How so? Morton and Raith would still be in that second tier, playing each other in front of 1200.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 09:59 PM
The 1200 fans number is nonsense as well, if we're getting rid of the small clubs then you're talking almost 20x that figure. On top of that you've got the kids they will introduce to Scottish football, get rid of them and of course it'll impact our game.

Too many people watch match of the day and all the sky sports hype about English football and won't be happy until we're the same as them but that's never going to be realistic.

It was 1200 fans tonight so why is this a nonsense, do you refute facts?

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:00 PM
How so? Morton and Raith would still be in that second tier, playing each other in front of 1200.

In that case one league of 12

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately irrespective of how financially stab,e you are, if you can only muster 1000 fans then you should be playing output side the professional game if Scottish football is to progress

Years of playing their football outwith the top leagues has seen their crowds dwindle, i remember watching them when they had decent crowds.

Dunfermline are the same now, if we were down in the lower leagues for as long our crowds would drop too. Playing in the top league regularly might be the start these clubs need to grow steadily with a little less chance of relegation.

Playing in a bigger league would give clubs a chance to blood younger players too, without the risk of relegation and surely help the national team too.

The Champions league has become a closed shop, i cant see making the SPL or whatever its called these days the same would be a good thing?

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:02 PM
In that case one league of 12

How would you choose the 12?

Would you still have the split? If so, why? What would be the point of the bottom 6?

bingo70
18-12-2015, 10:02 PM
It was 1200 fans tonight so why is this a nonsense, do you refute facts?

Because if we're getting rid of the smaller teams in guessing you're not just stopping with raith and Morton?

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Years of playing their football outwith the top leagues has seen their crowds dwindle, i remember watching them when they had decent crowds.

Dunfermline are the same now, if we were down in the lower leagues for as long our crowds would drop too. Playing in the top league regularly might be the start these clubs need to grow steadily with a little less chance of relegation.

Playing in a bigger league would give clubs a chance to blood younger players too, without the risk of relegation and surely help the national team too.

The Champions league has become a closed shop, i cant see making the SPL or whatever its called these days the same would be a good thing?

We have to accept that Scottish football is no longer in the 1950's , if we really want Hibs to compete in the European level the the current set up does not help

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Because if we're getting rid of the smaller teams in guessing you're not just stopping with raith and Morton?

Absolutely spot on [emoji106]

Ozyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Salary cap the SPFL at £7m per squad. Then you will see a proper competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 10:04 PM

So two proefessional leagues of 12 - but not Morton or Raith? How are you going to find 24 clubs in Scotland with sufficient fans to fulfil your criteria then?

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:05 PM
How would you choose the 12?

Would you still have the split? If so, why? What would be the point of the bottom 6?

No,split, but we would just have the bottom team drop into the non professional leagues

blackpoolhibs
We have to accept that Scottish football is no longer in the 1950's , if we really want Hibs to compete in the European level the the current set up does not help

I was not even born in the 50's.

whiskyhibby
So two proefessional leagues of 12 - but not Morton or Raith? How are you going to find 24 clubs in Scotland with sufficient fans to fulfil your criteria then?

You have made my point exactly......

Pete
Dear oh dear Peter, I usually like your input but this is very poor.

This whole "every man for himself" approach hasn't half improved things, has it?

A sport dies without competition...and that's what is happening.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:06 PM
No,split, but we would just have the bottom team drop into the non professional leagues

So, 44 games a season, or 33?

And still running the risk of a "dross" team like Raith or Morton coming up?

whiskyhibby
I was not even born in the 50's.

Neither was I but that was the last time the likes of Raith and Morton and thousands of home fans

whiskyhibby
So, 44 games a season, or 33?

And still running the risk of a dross team like Raith or Morton coming up?

Yep

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Neither was I bit that was the last time the likes of Raith and Morton and thousands of home fans

I'd say in the 70's.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Yep

Thought you wanted rid of them?

44 or 33?

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:08 PM
I'd say in the 70's.

Possibly but the point is they are unlikely to have thousands of Home fans ever again....

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:09 PM
Thought you wanted rid of them?

44 or 33?

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:10 PM

Ditch your calculator.:greengrin

12 clubs....it's either 22, 33 or 44 games.

ballengeich
18-12-2015, 10:10 PM

So each season one team would drop out of the professional top league into a league below (which would still be professional, if only part-time) and be replaced by a team from the league below. This is exactly what we had until the recent merger between the SPL and SFL.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:11 PM
This whole "every man for himself" approach hasn't half improved things, has it?

A sport dies when the set up,allows,for no meaningful competition

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:11 PM
So each season one team would drop out of the professional top league into a league below (which would still be professional, if only part-time) and be replaced by a team from the league below. This is exactly what we had until the recent merger between the SPL and SFL.

Yes

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:12 PM

I thought I had answered 24......

Sergey
18-12-2015, 10:13 PM
1,264 tonight - that will be the average in the Pub Leagues in England tomorrow.

That's where the Scottish game is currently at unfortunately.

Lago
18-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Thats a different argument, if they get up through merit I.e. promotion fine, but not via a expanded league.

Mr White
18-12-2015, 10:14 PM

:hilarious:

CropleyWasGod
I thought I had answered 24......

I asked how many games you would have with 12 clubs.

whiskyhibby
1,264 tonight - that will be the average in the Pub Leagues in England tomorrow.

That's where the Scottish game is currently at unfortunately.

I guess Sergey, do you mean the semi professional leagues?

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:15 PM
I asked how many games you would have with 12 clubs.

24, 24,24, 24 sorry I can't make this more explicit

stoneyburn hibs
18-12-2015, 10:15 PM

I agree, it is happening but to be flippant and suggest it's the provincial clubs/ areas that is the causing this is plain wrong and yammish( I know your not). It's those "wee" clubs including ours that really keeps it going in spite of the Establishment.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2015, 10:17 PM
Possibly but the point is they are unlikely to have thousands of Home fans ever again....

That's certainly the case if you get what you want, me i personally would like an 18 team league again. 2 games instead of 4 against the old firm would give a team who can put a decent team together a chance to compete for the championship like Aberdeen Dundee Utd and another lot who i can't remember.

Clubs need to have that chance of success, no matter what crowds they get. And they deserve the chance to grow if they can, not stifled and made to feel small because of how they are at this moment in time.

CropleyWasGod
24, 24,24, 24 sorry I can't make this more explicit

24 games with 12 clubs?

Pete
One thing about the present set up is at least we know how many games we will be playing.

brianmc
18-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Bet we'd even lose the 2 games when we play ourselves :)

whiskyhibby
I agree, it is happening but to be flippant and suggest it's the provincial clubs/ areas that is the causing this is plain wrong and yammish( I know your not). It's those "wee" clubs including ours that really keeps it going in spite of the Establishment.

So wrong to be unbelievable....why don't we limit all clubs to 1000 fans that would bring us to a common playing field with Morton.......

ballengeich
Yes

What was so great about the SPL/SFL that you want that setup reinstated?

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:19 PM
24 games with 12 clubs?

Ok 22

Mr White
18-12-2015, 10:20 PM
One thing about the present set up is at least we know how many games we will be playing.

**** you peter until we're playing 24 games it's all up the pole. If you ain't on board with the solution you're part of the problem! :drunk:

whiskyhibby
What was so great about the SPL/SFL that you want that setup reinstated?

Scottish football is dying on its arse, we need to do something and pandering to 500'Morton fans is IMHO not the way to go

CropleyWasGod
Ok 22

22 games, as opposed to 38 at present.

How will you make up the loss of income?

Lago

Good point, need to adopt some of the MLS systems to increase competitiveness.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:21 PM
22 games, as opposed to 38 at present.

How will you make up the loss of income?

Pay more , that with a rehashed League and Scottish cup

ballengeich
18-12-2015, 10:22 PM
Scottish football is dying on its arse, we need to do something and pandering to 500'Morton fans is IMHO not the way to go

What was so great about the SPL/SFL that you want to go back to it?

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:23 PM
Pay more , that with a rehashed League and Scottish cup

Right. That'll bring them flocking back. :greengrin

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:23 PM
What was so great about the SPL/SFL that you want to go back to it?

Nothing .......! We need completely new model that gets rid of the dead wood

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Right. That'll bring them flocking back. :greengrin

It may do if we had a chance of winning the league!

Liberal Hibby
A sport dies when the set up,allows,for no meaningful competition

Which is what you appear to be arguing for with (now) a single league of 12 teams playing just 22 games a season...

whiskyhibby
Which is what you appear to be arguing for with (now) a single league of 12 teams playing just 22 games a season...

Disagree

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:26 PM
It may do if we had a chance of winning the league!

How would we have a chance of winning the league with 12 teams in it? Is that what happened the last time we played in a 12-team league?

Lago
18-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Neither was I but that was the last time the likes of Raith and Morton and thousands of home fans

I was and I also remember the days pre SPL and the end of season moan about meaningless games in front of empty terraceses, yes you could stand in those days, so I guess I am saying there are no easy solutions.

stoneyburn hibs
18-12-2015, 10:27 PM
So wrong to be unbelievable....why don't we limit all clubs to 1000 fans that would bring us to a common playing field with Morton.......

You certainly have a polarized view, stuff the wee clubs ?

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 10:27 PM

Can't see that happening unfortunately - but you could have a tradeable cap system. That would allow the bigger clubs to buy unused caps from the smaller teams citrculating money across the leagues.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:28 PM
You certainly have a polarized view, stuff the wee clubs ?

Yes because they bring very little to the modern game.....

Sergey
18-12-2015, 10:28 PM
I guess Sergey, do you mean the semi professional leagues?

Conference level and the upper echelons of Ryman/Evo - Most of the big hitters are away from home tomorrow, but Dulwich/Maidstone easily get 2k through the door.

I also see tonight that Stephens that played for us has moved to Ryman level. Chris Hogg has moved down a notch from that, citing personal issues (he was at Needham Market). He's now currently on trial with Stowmarket and Saffron Walden Town.

stoneyburn hibs
18-12-2015, 10:31 PM

Get it.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Yawn, what the **** has that got to do with the Scottish football game

Mr White
18-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Yawn, what the **** has that got to do with the Scottish football game

We have to break free from the shackles of the status quo. That's your point no?

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 10:34 PM
Yes because they bring very little to the modern game.....

Apart from youth development, community identity and spirit, grassroots football oh and making a profit.

Yeh let's shaft the bit of the game that actually works.

Mr White
Get it.

It's in the cupboard already :greengrin

whiskyhibby
Apart from youth development, community identity and spirit, grassroots football oh and making a profit.

Yeh let's shaft the bit of the game that actually works.

Yeah right.....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Conference level and the upper echelons of Ryman/Evo - Most of the big hitters are away from home tomorrow, but Dulwich/Maidstone easily get 2k through the door.

I also see tonight that Stephens that played for us has moved to Ryman level. Chris Hogg has moved down a notch from that, citing personal issues (he was at Needham Market). He's now currently on trial with Stowmarket and Saffron Walden Town.

But you're seeing the Scottish leagues through the wrong filter. England has 10x the population of Scotland and I'd bet the 420th best supported club in the English pyramid has an equivalent (or smaller) support to the 42nd best supported Scottish club.

stoneyburn hibs
18-12-2015, 10:37 PM
It's in the cupboard already :greengrin

Ha, keep a careful watch.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Yeah right.....

Ditch your atlas as well :greengrin

Mr White
18-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Yeah right.....

I voted green the last time I could vote in Scotland. But as you say that's completely irrelevant to this discussion. What is relevant is that once again you're talking absolute pish and making a complete fool of yourself.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:39 PM
I voted green the last time I could vote in Scotland. But as you say that's completely irrelevant to this discussion. What is relevant is that once again you're talking absolute pish and making a complete fool of yourself.

I would absolutely disagree with you

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Ditch your atlas as well :greengrin

Not quite....

Sergey
18-12-2015, 10:41 PM
But you're seeing the Scottish leagues through the wrong filter. England has 10x the population of Scotland and I'd bet the 420th best supported club in the English pyramid has an equivalent (or smaller) support to the 42nd best supported Scottish club.

Can we agree the equilibrium is Pub League standard?

That's the accusation I'm constantly fire-fighting.

BTW- Falkirk player last season is now a sub for Enfield Town.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:41 PM
Not quite....

Why? Has Bangor been annexed by Scotland? :greengrin

Diclonius
18-12-2015, 10:43 PM
See 5 pager for Raith v Morton, expect it to be 9 goal thriller or similar, instead find it to be a "ehh Scottish fitba's *****" hate-in and infighting.

Oh well.

CropleyWasGod
Ok so you can vouch for Mr White?

I can read.:wink:

Mr White
Ok so you can vouch for Mr White?

:tee hee:

I really do live in northern Ireland whisky man. While cwg can't back that up others on this forum can...

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:44 PM
I can read.

What does that mean....... I am guessing that if you are saying he is where is is from them you know him and where he resides?

stoneyburn hibs
18-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Why? Has Bangor been annexed by Scotland? :greengrin

Dontcha know CWG we are all conquering.

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 10:45 PM
:tee hee:

I really do live in northern Ireland whisky man. While cwg can't back that up others on this forum can...

Which part? Northern Ireland is a beautiful country that I have visited many times

Pretty Boy
18-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Firstly I can confirm Mr White lives in Northern Ireland.

Secondly I can confirm if some of the personal abuse getting thrown about continues then it will be thread closed and bans getting handed out.

Get this back on track and cut the personal crap.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2015, 10:47 PM
What does that mean....... I am guessing that if you are saying he is where is is from them you know him and where he resides?

WTF?

I just read his profile :cb

Jay
Can we get the thread back on track please

Mr White
Which part? Northern Ireland is a beautiful country that I have visited many times

Eh........

Bangor, county down. I'd post my address but well, you know...

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Can we agree the equilibrium is Pub League standard?

That's the accusation I'm constantly fire-fighting.

BTW- Falkirk player last season is now a sub for Enfield Town.

I'm not sure what you mean by pub league standard? Enfield Town is miles above it - as is most of the semi-professional game north and south of the border.

See you at Kingsmeadow sometime? (Before the K's are made homeless).

whiskyhibby
18-12-2015, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by pub league standard? Enfield Town is miles above it - as is most of the semi-professional game north and south of the border.

The point is made here. A Falkirk player form last year is now semi-[emoji3]professional ( he may not have been first team i don't know) but theScottish game is failing and pandering to the people who want a 40 team professional Scottish league is not going to help,anyone

Liberal Hibby
18-12-2015, 11:22 PM
The point is made here. A Falkirk player form last year is now semi-[emoji3]professional ( he may not have been first team i don't know) but theScottish game is failing and pandering to the people who want a 40 team professional Scottish league is not going to help,anyone

No it's not. The Scottish league becomes semi professional fairly quickly down the leagues as there isn't the population to support fulltime teams. England is ten times larger and semi professionalism comes much further down the pyramid.

Scottish League two is the equivalent of tier 7/8/9 in England - now we have a pyramid then the ambition for the well run non-league teams like Spartans for example, is to progress all the way through the leagues.

That's proper competition not some pseudo league based on average crowds that pulls the drawbridge up on well run community focussed teams that truly want to develop the game. The problem in the Scottish game is making it more open and competitive at the top domestic and international level - which isn't helped by priotecting the cartel further which is what you clearly want to do.

Sergey
18-12-2015, 11:23 PM

Whisky - don't be too deflated if you never manage it to Kingsmeadow. I know a local bar you would enjoy :greengrin

A few players from the Pub League are heading for professional contracts.

REMEMBER CLAYTON DONALDSON (you blinkered )

Brooster
18-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Im off to bed....Ive had enough whisky for one night.

monktonharp
19-12-2015, 12:50 AM
I do think our leagues should be thinned out, with some clubs purely living off club tote/lottery cards etc ,but Morton are hardly an example. they were formed before Hibernian, and they did have a crowd of 6k, at their last game last season, playing Peterhead! they needed to win, for promotion, and they did