PDA

View Full Version : I'm A Celebrity - Come on the Hbees

iwasthere1972
17-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Watching Come Dine with Me last night, which featured Sean Hughes the Irish comedian, brought back memories of him and his mates standing behind me in the old east stand at Easter Road in August 2007 against Aberdeen. Things weren't looking good at one point when we were trailing 3-1 but we came back strong and got a couple of goals without reply to finally draw 3-3. Also saw him at Fir Park, Motherwell a year or two after that so must have a soft spot for the mighty Hibees.

Which celebs have you seen at Easter Road or at an away match supporting the Hibees?

Fill yer boots. :aok:

O'Rourke3
17-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Craig and Charlie, Lloyd Quinnan would complete my list although Leigh G wad in the West last week

Sent via the bushes @ EM

HibbyKeith
17-12-2015, 03:13 PM
Outside of the usual ex player appearances, Dougray Scott, Jamie Murray and Irvine Welsh of the top of my head.

snooky
17-12-2015, 03:16 PM
Craig and Charlie, Lloyd Quinnan would complete my list although Leigh G wad in the West last week

Sent via the bushes @ EM

I've seen Quinnan at ER this season.
My mate had a seat near Fish several seasons ago (in the East Stand I think).

Hamish
17-12-2015, 03:20 PM
Jumping about like a daftie with Charlie Reid after Paul Tosh scored in the play off second leg against Airdrie.

CallumLaidlaw
17-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Comedian Andrew Maxwell :aok:

SteveHFC
17-12-2015, 03:54 PM
SilverHibee

PatHead
17-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Judy Murray and Bernard Gallagher

Dashing Bob S
17-12-2015, 04:02 PM
A young Catherine Zeta-Jones graced the slum that was the Gorgie Road (then Hibs) end in the 80's with John Leslie. And -please excuse the overt sexism here- a bloody fit **** she darn well looked too.

Dashing Bob S
17-12-2015, 04:04 PM
The (strangely) asterixed out work was **** I only say this as I wouldn't want people thinking I used something a little closer to the knuckle.

Thecat23
17-12-2015, 04:06 PM
I sat in the main stand in the comfy seats with Dougray Scott few years back. Was against Hearts I think it Aberdeen. Really nice guy and very down to earth!

I'd thought he would have waited until the crowds went but he left with everyone else.

jodjam
A young Catherine Zeta-Jones graced the slum that was the Gorgie Road (then Hibs) end in the 80's with John Leslie. And -please excuse the overt sexism here- a bloody fit **** she darn well looked too.

I was standing close by when we scored. A lot of fans moved closer for a wee "cuddle"

Arrived late to partick away years ago just as Irvine Welsh was being thrown out

SteveHFC

You should see her now. :cb

Sergey
17-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Judy Murray and Bernard Gallagher 

I met Bernard a couple of years ago in the hospitality before the cup final. I got speaking to him and asked if he would be interested in joining the London Hibs Golf Society. "I'd be delighted to" was his reply. I then asked him with sincerity to submit us two recent scorecards so we could assess his ability and allocate him a handicap.

Hibby70
17-12-2015, 04:25 PM
Sat next to Helen Grace from Brookside (she was the one bedding her brother!). Stunning looking lassie, as all Hibees are :)

hibs0666
17-12-2015, 04:42 PM

She had a helluva fur coat with a snorkel-style hood on that night as i recall. Not that she left an impression likes. :wink:

Billie Jo
17-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Tam Dean Burn in the old East

iwasthere1972
17-12-2015, 05:06 PM

I met Bernard a couple of years ago in the hospitality before the cup final. I got speaking to him and asked if he would be interested in joining the London Hibs Golf Society. "I'd be delighted to" was his reply. I then asked him with sincerity to submit us two recent scorecards so we could assess his ability and allocate him a handicap.

........and?

Cool_Hand_Luke
17-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Jimmy from River City did/does sit in the row behind me...not seen him for a while though, and Lloyd Quinnan used to sit at the end of our row...not sure where he's moved to though

erin go bragh
17-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Have seen Fish ,Pat Nevin , Charlie or Craig :) all in the East .

GGTTH

FranckSuzy
17-12-2015, 06:40 PM
Frank Dougan :greengrin

SausageSurprise
17-12-2015, 06:42 PM
andrew maxwell :aok:

ftfy

SausageSurprise
17-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Seen The ginger heided chap who was is in Corrie, his daughter was the diabetic lassie that was on some witness protection scheme. Seen him outside the shop back in the early 2000's

Believe it or not I did actually see Dougray Scott at a game at Easter Road against Dunfermline I think, we won 5-0 or 5-1 roundabout the AEK period

Also saw Kenny MacKaskill at the last 2 AGM's

Fergos
17-12-2015, 06:56 PM
I was standing close by when we scored. A lot of fans moved closer for a wee "cuddle"

Arrived late to partick away years ago just as Irvine Welsh was being thrown out

On same evening.....me and an old pal of mine who had/have been going to ER since boys went for a quick pint in the Waverley station before going through for the game (Talisman bar but may have got name wrong there...?). Sat in the bar were Irvine Welsh and his pal (Paul Reekie, again name be wrong there...) hunched together blethering to one another.

No no being the shy ones we sat close by and got chatting....asked IW if he was going to the game and he initially thought we were at home that night, actually we were away at firhill.....he proceeded to buy a crate of tenants for the train and off we set.

As we were late we hopped in a taxi to get the 4 of us to Firlhill.....IW started all the old "Weegie" songs......got to the ground and as I looked round before entering the stadium I saw the taxi man having a word with the bobby from outside the ground.....no sooner had we sat down that the cops aarrived and carted of our literary hero.......breach of the peace from memory and all over the press the next day as Trainspotting had started to become big news.

to be fair or was the most exciting the evening got, 0-0 on a dour wet night in Glasgow......

GGTTH

HappyHanlon
18-12-2015, 07:34 AM
I had Dougie Henshall sitting beside me a few years back.

Danderhall Hibs
18-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Believe it or not I did actually see Dougray Scott at a game at Easter Road against Dunfermline I think, we won 5-0 or 5-1 roundabout the AEK period

I believe you - I sat in the row in front of him in the West at the GOC we only need 10 men last minute winner derby.

Bill Milne
18-12-2015, 10:15 AM

It was hilarious when Geebs scored the equalising penalty and Catherine was mobbed by the punters, with Leslie being shoved out of the way.

Deek01
18-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Jimmy Mullen in River City regularly attends games

Brightside
18-12-2015, 11:37 AM
I've seen Quinnan at ER this season.
My mate had a seat near Fish several seasons ago (in the East Stand I think).

Lloyd sits in the west lower in front of us.

jacomo
18-12-2015, 11:40 AM
I believe you - I sat in the row in front of him in the West at the GOC we only need 10 men last minute winner derby.

Not seen him at the fitba, but met Dougray Scott a few years ago at an event - definitely a good Hibby.