PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MCGINN APPEAL UPDATE

RSS Bot
17-12-2015, 11:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5968)

hibs0666
17-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Oooh ya ****er - get in! :thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
17-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Pleasing

ronaldo7
17-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Brilliant, now get crakin again John.

s.a.m
17-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Ya beauty. Wasn't expecting that.

portyhibernian
17-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Surprising news but very welcome!

wee Stevie
17-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Brilliant news was not expecting that.

bigwheel
17-12-2015, 11:56 AM
what price he has a "mare" ? :wink::wink:

hibs0666
17-12-2015, 12:03 PM
what price he has a "mare" ? :wink::wink:

What price he runs the game? :wink::wink:

SonOfDavidFrancey
17-12-2015, 12:04 PM
We do seem to win quite a few of these. It looked like a red card all the way to me when you saw the studs on the shin. :confused: Conspiracy theorists - how do we explain this one?

Ozyhibby
17-12-2015, 12:27 PM
I can only think the referee himself has reflected and thought maybe a yellow would have sufficed.
Stubbs has played a blinder by not making it personal with the ref.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Exile
17-12-2015, 12:29 PM
1st goalscorer NAP.

jacomo
17-12-2015, 12:32 PM
We do seem to win quite a few of these. It looked like a red card all the way to me when you saw the studs on the shin. :confused: Conspiracy theorists - how do we explain this one?

Everyone hates Der Hun?

:wink:

Col2
17-12-2015, 12:34 PM
Brilliant!!!!!! Well played Hibs and John McGinn who pleaded the case.

A victory, unlikely victory but still a victory.

We are coming to get the Huns.....

Bostonhibby
17-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Conspiracy is when they are wrongly sent off in the first place thereby influencing the outcome against us?

The opposite of what happens in games against the yam where we don't get goals and they get all their red cards after the event!

MB62
17-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Thought it should have been a yellow at the time. How can you deliberately go in to hurt somebody when you have your back turned to them. An absolute spur of the moment reaction with NO INTENT on doing anything rather than win the ball. Yes it was a foul and could have been a bad one, but yellow at the time would have sufficed.
Red card probably cost us two vital points on Saturday, that's punishment enough.

Ozyhibby
17-12-2015, 12:55 PM

SPFL anti Queen of the South agenda rears its ugly head again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deansy
17-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Though I'm delighted it's a very strange, unexpected decision from the GFA, even worrying - just what are they up to ??.

Jim44
17-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Lucky lad, but delighted for him and us. The Muppets on FF, who don't deign to bother about us or discuss us, have a 9 page thread about McGinn. I think they were relieved he might not play against them but this news has upset them.:far

givescotlandfreedom
17-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Conspiracy is when they are wrongly sent off in the first place thereby influencing the outcome against us?

The opposite of what happens in games against the yam where we don't get goals and they get all their red cards after the event!

I do think we'd have won with 11 men. I didn't think we'd have won that appeal though having seen the challenge again.

Lago
17-12-2015, 02:11 PM
I do think we'd have won with 11 men. I didn't think we'd have won that appeal though having seen the challenge again.

Surprised, but pleased.

iwasthere1972
17-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Surprised but excellent news. I too think we would have gone on and beat Falkirk had we not gone down to ten men.

To even things up I reckon we should be able to play with twelve players on the pitch for the second half in our next league fixture against them. Either that or they play with ten players. :agree:

bigwheel
17-12-2015, 02:13 PM
What price he runs the game? :wink::wink:

:aok::aok:

Northern Hibby
17-12-2015, 02:17 PM
About time we started pushing back a bit, it's all part of the new Hibs regime e.g Hibs with kahunas ;-)

RyeSloan
17-12-2015, 02:24 PM
About time we started pushing back a bit, it's all part of the new Hibs regime e.g Hibs with kahunas ;-)

Exactly! We would have rolled over and taken it before...not now!!

southsider
17-12-2015, 02:30 PM
In the past I'd doubt we would have paid the appeal.

Big L
17-12-2015, 03:06 PM
I never for a minute thought it was a red card and said so! What pisses me off is that their was only ever one team that was going to win, us!! On top of that, Templeton was clearly off side for the huns equaliser, we should be sitting level on points.

greenlex
17-12-2015, 03:52 PM
I still can't see for the life of me on what grounds it's not a red. Pleasing the Huns are upset about this. 😎😎😎

Mikey09
17-12-2015, 03:54 PM
I for one am not surprised. Posted at the time it was harsh as McGinn didn't go in at speed and wasn't out of control. He simply stretched to win the ball after being fouled. Yes he caught the lad but that happens in football and you have to accept it. Yellow card for me. Well done whoever overturned this. Absolute correct decision.

Weststandwanab
17-12-2015, 04:11 PM

I think the sending off clearly influenced the outcome - 2 points dropped.

Lucky lad, but delighted for him and us. The Muppets on FF, who don't deign to bother about us or discuss us, have a 9 page thread about McGinn. I think they were relieved he might not play against them but this news has upset them.:far

Good.

--------
17-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Or even cojones?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kahunas

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cojones&defid=593322

silverhibee
17-12-2015, 04:51 PM

Funny, we were speaking about this in the car and couldn't believe that the appeal was successful for the lad, our conspiracy theory was his family's contacts in football. :wink: :greengrin

silverhibee
17-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Thought it should have been a yellow at the time. How can you deliberately go in to hurt somebody when you have your back turned to them. An absolute spur of the moment reaction with NO INTENT on doing anything rather than win the ball. Yes it was a foul and could have been a bad one, but yellow at the time would have sufficed.
Red card probably cost us two vital points on Saturday, that's punishment enough.

His foot was over the ball, his studs were showing, it was a lunge, if the shoe was on the other foot we would be raging about the decision, it was a red every day of the week.

Early Xmas present for Hibs :thumbsup:

Northern Hibby
17-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Or even cojones?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kahunas

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Cojones&defid=593322

Tomatoes tomatoes we have plumbs ;-)

Sir David Gray
17-12-2015, 08:58 PM

Pleasing! :aok:

NRW_Hibbie
17-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Did we appeal the Handling sending off at Ibrox last season? McGinn's challenge on Saturday was far worse. I thought McGinn's was a red at the time and the seeing the replays reinforced that. Absolutely delighted with the verdict, however, and looking forward to watching him play on Saturday.

Sir David Gray
17-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Did we appeal the Handling sending off at Ibrox last season? McGinn's challenge on Saturday was far worse. I thought McGinn's was a red at the time and the seeing the replays reinforced that. Absolutely delighted with the verdict, however, and looking forward to watching him play on Saturday.

We chose not to appeal Handling's red card last season.

Stax
17-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Didn't expect that at all, Huns at work spewing, they thought we had no chance which makes it even better :greengrin. Im hoping like the point against Falkirk we might look back at this as another pivotal moment in this season.

erin go bragh
17-12-2015, 10:53 PM
We chose not to appeal Handling's red card last season.

Was Handlings not 2 yellows ? Which can't be appealed .

GGTTH

Sir David Gray
17-12-2015, 11:59 PM
Was Handlings not 2 yellows ? Which can't be appealed .

GGTTH

No, it was a straight red.

SausageSurprise
18-12-2015, 07:16 AM
It's all propaganda. I'll fully be expecting us to be well and truly rogered up the brown eye by the officials in the next couple of games. You don't get nothing for nothing in this game, in this country anyway.