PDA

View Full Version : This picture really annoys me.

Not In The Know
16-12-2015, 08:49 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-in-sport/33m-oriam-centre-to-take-athletes-to-greatness-1-3976766

The poppy thieves should not even be allowed in the carpark until they pay back every penny of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of pounds they bumped Heriot Watt for just 24 months ago!

Just think the money they never paid could have paid for a handful of Scottish athletes to train for next Olympics...

JimBHibees
16-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Agree something not right at all about it in being able to benefit from the facility after years of non-payment.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2015, 08:58 AM
The story seems to be that someone else's money / the public purse builds what is required and the yam get an indirect but fairly blatant helping hand. Business as usual, hopefully HWU will remember to pursue payments, if any are due; this time around.

Not In The Know
16-12-2015, 09:24 AM
The story seems to be that someone else's money / the public purse builds what is required and the yam get an indirect but fairly blatant helping hand. Business as usual, hopefully HWU will remember to pursue payments, if any are due; this time around.

When its completed just wait for an article in the press how its befitting the hearts youngsters blah blah....

GreenCastle
16-12-2015, 09:54 AM
They know it - we know it - it's an absolute sham they are currently allowed to use it / will be able to use it in future.

Did they ever pay up HW previously?

Are they currently paying HW ?

Will they pay HW in the future ?

It makes HW look good by having a pro team use facilities and you will get more nonsense stories like this over time.

Seething? No - it would be just be morally right if they actually paid their own way like everyone else rather than avoiding payments.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2015, 10:08 AM
They know it - we know it - it's an absolute sham they are currently allowed to use it / will be able to use it in future.

Did they ever pay up HW previously?

Are they currently paying HW ?

Will they pay HW in the future ?

It makes HW look good by having a pro team use facilities and you will get more nonsense stories like this over time.

Seething? No - it would be just be morally right if they actually paid their own way like everyone else rather than avoiding payments.

HWU were a significant creditor in the yams own published list of people they bumped - for me the question has to be why HWU let the debt accrue for so long and what did they do to pursue it.

Also handy to know how they are confident they have it under control this time around.

IWasThere2016
16-12-2015, 10:13 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-in-sport/33m-oriam-centre-to-take-athletes-to-greatness-1-3976766

The poppy thieves should not even be allowed in the carpark until they pay back every penny of the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of pounds they bumped Heriot Watt for just 24 months ago!

Just think the money they never paid could have paid for a handful of Scottish athletes to train for next Olympics...

Me too - as I was part of a group bidding for the said same facility to come to Dundee! :grr:

snooky
16-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Did we ever pay the Scottish Ministers for use of Holyrood Park pre- East Mains? - No.
We must be due them thousands of pounds.
Stop complaining, we're no better than Hearts :stirrer: :wink: :greengrin

hibs0666
16-12-2015, 11:12 AM

Heriot Watt is just another charity that Ann chose to bump when she acquired the club.

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I see no problem with HWU allowing the Yams to use this facility .... but given their previous history if whoever is responsible for running the place doesn't get the money from them up front they should be sacked.

Col2
16-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Trust me. Hearts are now paying a commercially based rental which is greater than they have ever had to pay. Yes they will benefit but they don't control it, can't evolve/develop it, have little influence in priorities and cannot count it as an asset in any way.

Excellent arrangement yes but not cheap and not flexible.

O'Rourke3
16-12-2015, 12:10 PM
The picture annoys me cause of who is in it.

The story should read a centre for elite athletes and other sports. Also used by Hearts 10-12 3 mornings a week at off peak times. Please call for availability.

Jim44
16-12-2015, 12:13 PM
The Jambo theft from Heriot Watt has been touched upon for years now and the impression is that it's an issue between the two parties, with Herriot Watt bending over backwards to be fleeced. Am I not correct in thinking that Herriot Watt is a public institution and that in effect the Jambos were stealing from 'us'? Does HWU have the right to support and encourage theft from the public purse?

Jack Hackett
16-12-2015, 12:22 PM
The Jambo theft from Heriot Watt has been touched upon for years now and the impression is that it's an issue between the two parties, with Herriot Watt bending over backwards to be fleeced. Am I not correct in thinking that Herriot Watt is a public institution and that in effect the Jambos were stealing from 'us'? Does HWU have the right to support and encourage theft from the public purse?

They don't care who they steal from. Never have and never will

Jambos, Jambos. They steal from their own, steal from their own

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Will the roof of the indoor part of the facility be high enough to practice hoofball .... if it isn't the Yams training in bad weather could be severely hampered :greengrin

Jack
16-12-2015, 12:42 PM
I think we need to get over ourselves chatting about the charity, public sector etc. thieves. What they did, however distasteful or immoral, was perfectly legal. Countless companies do it every year shafting a wide verity of decent folk as they go.

We can cast it up to them when they gloat.

As others have said the hope now must be that those dealing with them don't let them rack up debt and if this new build needed a higher roof to adapt to their style of hoofball that they paid the extra cost for that.

hibs0666
16-12-2015, 12:46 PM
I think we need to get over ourselves chatting about the charity, public sector etc. thieves. What they did, however distasteful or immoral, was perfectly legal. Countless companies do it every year shafting a wide verity of decent folk as they go.

As others have said the hope now must be that those dealing with them don't let them rack up debt and if this new build needed a higher roof to adapt to their style of hoofball that they paid the extra cost for that.

Just because you stay within the law doesn't stop you from being a total ****

Sergey
16-12-2015, 12:48 PM
It looks to me by reading that article that every national team from Rugby Union to Lacrosse will be using the facilities. I doubt the Yams will get priority over the national sides when they need first dibs.

Oh - I notice that the Oriam director is an ex-Yam welt who was employed by Romanov. Best ignore my opening paragraph.

Jim44
16-12-2015, 12:57 PM

What was legal about not paying their rent? And what right does Herriot Watt have to condone it and keep them as a customer?

Baader
16-12-2015, 01:13 PM
A club with no shame.

Jack
16-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Just because you stay within the law doesn't stop you from being a total ****

No it doesn't and I agree. Although I'm not a and doubt you are either ;-)

What was legal about not paying their rent? And what right does Herriot Watt have to condone it and keep them as a customer?

The legal bit was that they went into and then out of administration within the law. Although to even the trained eye, not mine, they cleared a few of the hurdles in rather questionable ways! Nothing can change that now!

As for Heriot-Watt University I said earlier it can only be hoped they are keeping a closer eye on the amount of debt they allow the Yams to carry.

It does seem, as an outsider and football aside, they are behaving with the Budgie on the highest perch and she doesn't seem to mind ruffling feathers at the offices of the Glasgow football authorities.

vuefrom1875
16-12-2015, 02:56 PM
The actual figure is....£145,653.45....Beggars belief the shame faced of it!

California-Hibs
16-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Are you surprised? Remember this is a club who has 'save the children' written on the front of their tops. Yes...'save the children'. Hypocrisy knows no bounds when it comes to that pathetic lot.

JimBHibees
16-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Facilities include a full size indoor 3g sounds amazing and slightly galling given who will be able to use it.

green day
16-12-2015, 04:50 PM
I sent an email to foi@hw.ac.uk to ask them a couple of questions.

(1) How much did they bump HW for (already know the answer)

(2) Are they allowed to continue to use sports facilities with no plan to repay the debt

Like the Huns, if the dirty jambo pr1cks want to claim the scottish cups against us, gretna, and even the huns way back - then they are (in my eyes) the same club.

If they are the same club, they should be repaying debts to local businesses, charities and educational facilities.

If they are not, then they should shut their fat, cardigan wearing, dribbling, sister beasting gobs about 5-1 etc.

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2015, 04:59 PM
I sent an email to foi@hw.ac.uk to ask them a couple of questions.

(1) How much did they bump HW for (already know the answer)

(2) Are they allowed to continue to use sports facilities with no plan to repay the debt

Like the Huns, if the dirty jambo pr1cks want to claim the scottish cups against us, gretna, and even the huns way back - then they are (in my eyes) the same club.

If they are the same club, they should be repaying debts to local businesses, charities and educational facilities.

If they are not, then they should shut their fat, cardigan wearing, dribbling, sister beasting gobs about 5-1 etc.

They're not allowed to, unfortunately.

green day
16-12-2015, 05:11 PM
They're not allowed to, unfortunately.

Fair enough.

Budge still makes me sick with her holier than though "family, charity club" crap, where the past is whitewashed away.

She is comfortable to take whatever plaudits are thrown her way about how she is transforming the club.

I for one am not buying it.

cocopops1875
16-12-2015, 05:17 PM
I have been following the build of this as I work up there, it's very very impressive and undoubtably will be spun as hearts facilities in the press. I get the vitriol from folk on here as things certainly seem somewhat unfair, however hearts association with HW was seen as a crucial part of getting the go ahead for the funding as its seen as a professional endorsement. That's why in my opinion HW overlooked non payment and haven't kicked them out

Ozyhibby
16-12-2015, 05:23 PM
Fair enough.

Budge still makes me sick with her holier than though "family, charity club" crap, where the past is whitewashed away.

She is comfortable to take whatever plaudits are thrown her way about how she is transforming the club.

I for one am not buying it.

There is a bit of chat going about that all is not well behind the scenes at the PBS. May be nothing but worth keeping an eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
16-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Hibs can use it if we choose to. Can't see a problem to be honest.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Did we ever pay the Scottish Ministers for use of Holyrood Park pre- East Mains? - No.
We must be due them thousands of pounds.
Stop complaining, we're no better than Hearts :stirrer: :wink: :greengrin

Nope Holyrood Park belongs to the Queen (aka the Queens Park)

Not In The Know
16-12-2015, 05:51 PM

Very valid point - its the fact its the ugly mug of Neilson is in front of it like he's owns it...

HoMFC should be banned from using it until they pay all their "football debts" what this quite clearly is...

CropleyWasGod
16-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Very valid point - its the fact its the ugly mug of Neilson is in front of it like he's owns it...

HoMFC should be banned from using it until they pay all their "football debts" what this quite clearly is...
Within the meaning of the phrase, it's not a football debt. That's taken to mean debts due to players, clubs and governing bodies.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

s.a.m
16-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Nope Holyrood Park belongs to the Queen (aka the Queens Park)

:nerd: In fact, she gave us it back a few years ago following Devolution, and it's managed by Historic Scotland on behalf of the nation. [from my 'Things I Have Learned as a Parent Helper on School Trips' file.:greengrin]

GreenCastle
16-12-2015, 06:11 PM

Will be interesting to see if they ever do use it.

With a full indoor 3G - they may choose to train it in when the weather gets bad.

There is no doubt the yams have landed on their feet once again here with this facility.

The one thing which East Mains does have is the privacy.

HW pitches will still be visible to the public / students etc and anyone can go and watch training / set pieces etc.

Ozyhibby
16-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Will be interesting to see if they ever do use it.

With a full indoor 3G - they may choose to train it in when the weather gets bad.

There is no doubt the yams have landed on their feet once again here with this facility.

The one thing which East Mains does have is the privacy.

HW pitches will still be visible to the public / students etc and anyone can go and watch training / set pieces etc.

They may only be allowed to use their current facilities as part of their deal with HW. I would expect they will be charged accordingly for use of the institute of sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Criswell
16-12-2015, 10:10 PM
No doubt it will soon be referred to as "OUR" world-class sports training facility by Debt-Dodgers FC

Sprouleflyer
17-12-2015, 04:49 AM
They will have an allotted set time in the mornings for them to use the facilities, just like they currently have. After that time, they will have to vacate the building to let all the other sports organisations use the facilities.