View Full Version : Houston supports McGinn appeal

FromTheCapital
15-12-2015, 03:09 PM
http://ow.ly/VSyi5

Interesting development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benny Brazil
15-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Nothing in there that was said at the weekend. It doesnt show that Houston is supporting the appeal.:confused:

Peevemor
15-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Nothing in there that was said at the weekend. It doesnt show that Houston is supporting the appeal.:confused:

Exactly. He said that at first he didn't think it merited a red, until he seen the state of Kerr's leg at half time.

Arch Stanton
15-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Exactly. He said that at first he didn't think it merited a red, until he seen the state of Kerr's leg at half time.

What's the state of his leg got to do with it? Certainly not more relevant than the state of Stevenson when he came off.

Yuillsy
15-12-2015, 05:15 PM

He was bouncing about on the touchline and arguing with the Hibs bench as if it merited 2 red cards. Roaster!!!

California-Hibs
15-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Guys it was a red card every day of the week and I'll be amazed if it's overturned. Delighted mind, but completely amazed.

SaulGoodman
15-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Nothing has pleased me more than Houstons face when we got that equaliser

macca70
15-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Guys it was a red card every day of the week and I'll be amazed if it's overturned. Delighted mind, but completely amazed.

Are we not trying to get it downgraded to a lesser red card so admitadelly it was a red but not 'serious foul play', which would reduce the ban to 1 match rather than 2 therefore making available for Rangers game?

givescotlandfreedom
15-12-2015, 07:22 PM
He was bouncing about on the touchline and arguing with the Hibs bench as if it merited 2 red cards. Roaster!!!

Correct. Fud

brog
15-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Are we not trying to get it downgraded to a lesser red card so admitadelly it was a red but not 'serious foul play', which would reduce the ban to 1 match rather than 2 therefore making available for Rangers game?

No, if it wasn't serious foul play it wouldn't have been a red. We can only be arguing it was a yellow.

portyhibernian
15-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Thought it was a red at the game and since seeing it on tv again I still think it's a red. You just can't lunge in like that in this day and age and not expect to be sent off. Hope the appeal is successful right enough.

Winston Ingram
15-12-2015, 09:32 PM

This. There wasn't any malice in it but it was wreck less and could have broke his leg.

cmcd
15-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Recorded MOTD 2 and watched it today A number of the tackles in the Liverpool v West Brom game were worse than John Mcginn's

Big L
15-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Recorded MOTD 2 and watched it today A number of the tackles in the Liverpool v West Brom game were worse than John Mcginn's
In the Chelsea game the leicester strikers tackle on Costa was much worse and he got nowt!!

WeeRussell
16-12-2015, 11:33 AM
In the Chelsea game the leicester strikers tackle on Costa was much worse and he got nowt!!

Wasn't he booked for that? Vardy was certainly booked at some point. I'm not sure the tackle was as bad as the co-commentator was making out - Costa just didn't see him coming :greengrin

Regardless - I'm sure we could come up with hundreds of examples of worse tackles that went unpunished - it doesn't make McGinn's any less of a red.

Hermit Crab
16-12-2015, 12:04 PM

Vardy got booked for that tackle.

hibby al
17-12-2015, 09:25 AM
you could not dislike him any more this is a direct quote from the Falkirk Herald by Mr Houston

"against a team who think they,re going to be champions it just shows a wee team like Falkirk aren,t that bad"

he really hates us and the feeling is mutual

Golden Bear
17-12-2015, 09:31 AM
This is the day of reckoning for J Mc.

Good luck pal.

:aok:

Thecat23
17-12-2015, 09:33 AM
http://ow.ly/VSyi5

Interesting development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does it say Houston supports this??

Jim44
17-12-2015, 09:41 AM
you could not dislike him any more this is a direct quote from the Falkirk Herald by Mr Houston

"against a team who think they,re going to be champions it just shows a wee team like Falkirk aren,t that bad"

I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist about Houston. He's a bitter wee man and says things for effect to wind folk up. I read somewhere recently that, while he admits that Sevco and Hibs have to be in the top flight, both clubs might get a bit of a fright if Falkirk win the league which he thinks is possible. He's the first manager I've read saying that if Sevco don't look absolutely certain to win the league, there will be reconstruction. He might get in a wee bit bother for that.

Smartie
17-12-2015, 09:48 AM

I don't think that quote is all that unreasonable.

We've been on a great run of form and it has shot us right into contention. Given we are competing with Rangers who have been bumming themselves up all season long (and really look like they've been believing their own hype recently) we will be seen as a bit of a scalp and with good reason.

Falkirk gave us a tough, tough game on Saturday. Whilst we were probably in control before McGinn was sent off it wasn't exactly one way traffic and in the end I was delighted (as was Alan Stubbs) to see us rescue a point.

I'm delighted that Rangers have to go to Falkirk this weekend. Anyone who thinks that Falkirk, Raith, St Mirren, Livingston, Queen of the South will just roll over and get their bellies tickled are in for a shock and whilst we have a tough game on Saturday I'd say that Rangers' game is tougher.

Houston has every right to be pleased with the result his team got at the weekend and is right to want a bit of recognition for it.

Just Alf
17-12-2015, 09:49 AM
When do we find out? ...... :I'm waiti

Red card all day long mind you!

CallumLaidlaw
17-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Been downgraded to a yellow apparently. Hibs must have put up some argument!!

Just Alf
17-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Been downgraded to a yellow apparently. Hibs must have put up some argument!!

:aok:

:flag:

Winston Ingram
17-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul 21m21 minutes ago
John McGinn's red card has been downgraded to yellow. He can play against Queen of the South on Sat and against Rangers on Monday 28th

:thumbsup::top marks:na na:

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Do we get the 2 points that we would have had as well?

While I thought it was a stonewall red at the game (haven't seen it again) it is really frustrating to have ANOTHER retrospective decision go for us AFTER the game. Video technology is needed for incidents like this at the time.