PDA

View Full Version : Willie Collum

Salt N Sauzee
15-12-2015, 10:37 AM
Been appointed as one of 18 Referee's for the Euro's next year. How he continually gets called up to big tournaments like the Euro's & Champions League is beyond me :confused:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/news/newsid=2318946.html?rss=2318946+Eighteen+referees+ appointed+for+UEFA+EURO+2016&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

TAHibby
15-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Got to be the only profession surely where continuing inept performances have no impact whatsoever on being awarded more prestigious positions...

Cropley10
15-12-2015, 10:54 AM
He was the ref who awarded a Rangers penalty in an OF game, when the TV replay showed he had his back to the incident right?

cleanyman
15-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I say well done to him.

Beefster
15-12-2015, 11:38 AM
He was the ref who awarded a Rangers penalty in an OF game, when the TV replay showed he had his back to the incident right?

What way were his assistants looking?

maturehibby
15-12-2015, 11:49 AM
will be an embarresment to the whole of Scotland - refereeing must be in an awful state if this person can be described as in the "Elite" of Referees

JimBHibees
15-12-2015, 11:50 AM
What way were his assistants looking?

Jumping up and down celebrating the penalty award. :greengrin

PatHead
15-12-2015, 12:10 PM
He is ref for Falkirk v The Rangers on Saturday.

snooky
15-12-2015, 12:17 PM
Got to be the only profession surely where continuing inept performances have no impact whatsoever on being awarded more prestigious positions...

What about politics?
Barren (sic) Alistair Darling being a prime example.

KeithTheHibby
15-12-2015, 12:26 PM
The yams have as much dislike for this guy as we do for Thomson.

PatHead
15-12-2015, 12:31 PM

But we have a reason for disliking Thomson. When the stats were reviewed for their games with Collum it turned out they were talking *****.

One of their complaints centred around the early send off of Gomez (or Bauban) in the Scottish last year. As far as I remember it was assault.

JimBHibees
15-12-2015, 12:55 PM
He is ref for Falkirk v The Rangers on Saturday.

Hmmm

Torto7062
15-12-2015, 12:58 PM
As much as we dinnae like refs full stop?,
Should we not be happy that at least one Scot is taking part in the Tourney....

Now where's ma I Love Collum Tshirt 😉😂

SaulGoodman
15-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Despite a few dodgy incidents he's probably the best we've got.

Not that there's much competition

Smartie
15-12-2015, 01:01 PM

I just had a peek at his Wikipedia page.

His teaching CV doesn't look like that of someone who is overly Rangers-minded.

Argylehibby
15-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Despite a few dodgy incidents he's probably the best we've got.

Not that there's much competition

Personally I think he's the worst of the lot. Not sure what constitutes a few but he's had a helluva lot of dodgy decisions in 1 fixture never mind his career.

erin go bragh
15-12-2015, 01:05 PM

At least the cheat has been binned for the Euros.

GGTTH

allezsauzee
15-12-2015, 01:18 PM
I suspect he is judged by the football authorities on his adherence to 'the book' rather than on how many incorrect decisions he makes. I'd put him mid table but I do have to laugh at the Yams cheek in thinking he is against them. He awarded them the pen in the semi against Celtic that took them through to the final in 2012. But then they also seem to think that 5 is a bigger number than 7.

JimBHibees
15-12-2015, 01:22 PM
I suspect he is judged by the football authorities on his adherence to 'the book' rather than on how many incorrect decisions he makes. I'd put him mid table but I do have to laugh at the Yams cheek in thinking he is against them. He awarded them the pen in the semi against Celtic that took them through to the final in 2012. But then they also seem to think that 5 is a bigger number than 7.

He didnt that was Euan Norris however he has on three I think occasions not sent off a yam in a derby who subsequently was deemed to have been a red card offence. Tow of which Templeton and Tattoed lady were in the first half of the games both of which ended in a draw. A strange way for a ref that hates them to behave IMO.

Broken Gnome
15-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Comes across by far as the biggest look-at-me type currently reffing. And subsequently comes across as an up-himself clown.

And won't be forgiven in a hurry for Rangers' 2nd at Easter Road last season.

JimBHibees
15-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Comes across by far as the biggest look-at-me type currently reffing. And subsequently comes across as an up-himself clown.

Indeed an atrocious decision, met with the hands out 'what was wrong with that' expression.

Salt N Sauzee
15-12-2015, 01:42 PM

Absolutely despise it.

"I'm in charge, no one dare disagree with me"

givescotlandfreedom
15-12-2015, 04:40 PM
will be an embarresment to the whole of Scotland - refereeing must be in an awful state if this person can be described as in the "Elite" of Referees

Agreed, a dire referee, indicative of the refereeing standard here.