PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Equaliser on Saturday

Libby Hibby
14-12-2015, 07:22 PM
How offside was Templeton, I think, after foghorn waghorn struck his shot?

Looked to me as if 3 yards offside AND interfering with the Morton goalie.

gaz1875
14-12-2015, 07:39 PM
I said the same at work today, he jumped to get out the way of the ball!!!

Radium
14-12-2015, 07:40 PM

Dear Leeann,

You once gave a succinct description of the off-side rule. Given the many changes since could you do it again, in the vain hope that we can understand why this is not offside.

speedy_gonzales
14-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Anyone else notice in the lead up to the equaliser, the 2 handed push on the back of the Morton player by Rangers #6, Holt maybe?

fat freddy
14-12-2015, 08:18 PM
With respect it couldn't possibly be offside, the match possession stats prove unequivocally that Rangers deserved at least a point and the referee was merely acting with respect towards the home team's overall superiority in the preceding 90 minutes. I had a quick word with a few retired psychologists and they respectfully agreed with all of the above while emphasising that nothing was getting under their skin despite being ordered to retire early... Respectfully

SeanWilson
14-12-2015, 08:22 PM
With respect it couldn't possibly be offside, the match possession stats prove unequivocally that Rangers deserved at least a point and the referee was merely acting with respect towards the home team's overall superiority in the preceding 90 minutes. I had a quick word with a few retired psychologists and they respectfully agreed with all of the above while emphasising that nothing was getting under their skin despite being ordered to retire early... Respectfully

😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
14-12-2015, 08:26 PM

:greengrin

Be reasonable, letting that one slide saved the ref from having to create a penalty for them.

Deansy
14-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Templeton was almost behind the goalie when the ball went over the line but HEY - it's the Hun, they're playing at 'Castle Greyskull' and NOTHING must get in the way of 'The Cause' !!

easty
14-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Anyone else notice in the lead up to the equaliser, the 2 handed push on the back of the Morton player by Rangers #6, Holt maybe?

It was definitly a free kick. The boys about to take it down on his chest, but gets pushed and doesn't get any decent control. Thats the only reason Rangers actually get the ball back.

lapsedhibee
14-12-2015, 08:45 PM

Ibrox laws of the game variation #6324639. The the hun would have to have had his hand down the front of the Morton goalie's shorts to count as interfering with him.

Col2
14-12-2015, 09:05 PM
I had £10 on Morton @ 22-1. Even when they went ahead with 8 mins to go I knew either a dodgy equaliser would come and a penalty was already being lined up in the referees mind!

Lucius Apuleius
14-12-2015, 10:52 PM
I had £10 on Morton @ 22-1. Even when they went ahead with 8 mins to go I knew either a dodgy equaliser would come and a penalty was already being lined up in the referees mind!

I don't get that Col , why would you put money on a team winning if you think a referee is going to assist the opposition?

Col2
14-12-2015, 10:55 PM
I don't get that Col , why would you put money on a team winning if you think a referee is going to assist the opposition?

Hmmmm. It's the hope that kills you...... Aka odds just too good.

Lucius Apuleius
14-12-2015, 10:59 PM
Hmmmm. It's the hope that kills you...... Aka odds just too good.

😋 I get you.

linlithgowhibbie
15-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Going back to original opening post.
At the last huns match at Easter Rd when they had a free kick they had a "wall" behind ours and in front of Oxley.they then ran back as the ball was being kicked.
I'm sure when they played QOTS they got a goal with a similar (non)obstruction in front of the goalie.
Its obviously a tactic that they have found that is working for them!!!

:gwa: