PDA

View Full Version : NHC Champions League Draw

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2015, 01:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35091015

Arsenal will face holders Barcelona in the Champions League last 16.

Gent v Wolfsburg
Roma v Real Madrid
Paris St-Germain v Chelsea
Arsenal v Barcelona
Juventus v Bayern Munich
PSV Eindhoven v Atletico Madrid
Benfica v Zenit St Petersburg
Dynamo Kiev v Manchester City

Treadstone
14-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Juve paying the price for that Sevilla defeat. Oofft!

SteveHFC
14-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Wolfsburg
Real Madrid
Paris St-Germain
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid
Zenit St Petersburg
Manchester City

All to go through

patch1875
14-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Anyone else think the CL is boring now?

Haymaker
14-12-2015, 03:11 PM

Getting that way. Will watch the semi finals and final, usually great games but the same teams facing each other every year is getting dull.

southsider
14-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Whats not to like about Barca v Arsenal ? Bring it on.

Killiehibbie
14-12-2015, 03:37 PM
Boring since league format was introduced. Should be League winners from each country all in the mix together, straight 2 leg knock out, no seeding and the winner might come from somewhere other than the usual suspects.

MWHIBBIES
14-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Boring since league format was introduced. Should be League winners from each country all in the mix together, straight 2 leg knock out, no seeding and the winner might come from somewhere other than the usual suspects.No the winner would still be the Spanish/English/German/French/Italian/Portuguese champions 99 times out of 100.

Pete
14-12-2015, 04:18 PM
They should just draw the semis and be done with it: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Munich plus one random team that people that in Norway, India and China just have to support.

Like every other aspect of our lives, big business taking over, spoon feeding us their crap and people are lapping it up.

Boring.

Killiehibbie
14-12-2015, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;4523190]No the winner would still be the Spanish/English/German/French/Italian/Portuguese champions 99 times out of 100.[/QUOTEThrow in the odd one from Scotland, Holland and Romania and that covers just about all the winners.

Pretty Boy
14-12-2015, 05:03 PM
They should just draw the semis and be done with it: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Munich plus one random team that people that in Norway, India and China just have to support.

Like every other aspect of our lives, big business taking over, spoon feeding us their crap and people are lapping it up.

Boring.

Dull as ditchwater.

Absolutely no interest in football at that level as it's nigh on impossible to relate to it anymore.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Who did Hearts get?

jacomo
14-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Who did Hearts get?

The Kaiser Bill select.

Great defensively, but The Famous can grind out a result with an attritional game plan.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2015, 05:57 PM

yes you're not alone, the only tie i MIGHT watch(if i notice it's on) would be PSG v chelski, and i MIGHT even watch the final

Boring since league format was introduced. Should be League winners from each country all in the mix together, straight 2 leg knock out, no seeding and the winner might come from somewhere other than the usual suspects.

and the ludicrous situation that clubs that are 3rd in the group stage drop in to the Europa league :bitchy: how the heck they can call it a champions league tournament in the first place is just ridiculous, i'm only surprised that losers in the europa league don't drop in to yet another league

p.s. draw for Europa league...just incase anyone IS interested :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35092863

Valencia v Rapid Vienna
Fiorentina v Tottenham Hotspur
Borussia Dortmund v FC Porto
Fenerbahce v Lokomotiv Moscow
Anderlecht v Olympiakos
Midtjylland v Manchester United
Augsburg v Liverpool
Sparta Prague v Krasnodar
Galatasaray v Lazio
Sion v Braga
Shakhtar Donetsk v Schalke
Marseille v Athletic Bilbao
Sevilla v Molde
Sporting Lisbon v Bayer Leverkusen
Villarreal v Napoli
Saint-Etienne v Basel

Mr White
14-12-2015, 06:03 PM
yes you're not alone, the only tie i MIGHT watch(if i notice it's on) would be PSG v chelski, and i MIGHT even watch the final

and the ludicrous situation that clubs that are 3rd in the group stage drop in to the Europa league :bitchy: how the heck they can call it a champions league tournament in the first place is just ridiculous, i'm only surprised that losers in the europa league don't drop in to yet another league

p.s. draw for Europa league...just incase anyone IS interested :greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35092863

Valencia v Rapid Vienna
Fiorentina v Tottenham Hotspur
Borussia Dortmund v FC Porto
Fenerbahce v Lokomotiv Moscow
Anderlecht v Olympiakos
Midtjylland v Manchester United
Augsburg v Liverpool
Sparta Prague v Krasnodar
Galatasaray v Lazio
Sion v Braga
Shakhtar Donetsk v Schalke
Marseille v Athletic Bilbao
Sevilla v Molde
Sporting Lisbon v Bayer Leverkusen
Villarreal v Napoli
Saint-Etienne v Basel
I've enjoyed both the CL and europa league so far this season. Some tasty ties in both. Particularly looking forward to villa real v Napoli.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2015, 06:17 PM
I've enjoyed both the CL and europa league so far this season. Some tasty ties in both. Particularly looking forward to villa real v Napoli.

the Galatasaray v Lazio tie might be interesting....some crazies in both supports

Lago
14-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Getting that way. Will watch the semi finals and final, usually great games but the same teams facing each other every year is getting dull.

Bit like Scottish football then.:agree:

Michael
14-12-2015, 07:26 PM
Group stages were very entertaining this year. But, I'm so fed up of Bayern, Real and Barca. Hope they all have a shocker in the RO16.

Squealing pig
15-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Who did Hearts get?

Bye to the final

DH1875
16-12-2015, 08:29 AM
No the winner would still be the Spanish/English/German/French/Italian/Portuguese champions 99 times out of 100.

Could argue that even a French, Italian or Portuguese winning would be good for a change.

Bostonhibby
16-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Who did Hearts get?
They don't have a special relationship with this cup anymore; not after vlad delivered it as promised by 2008. Job done.

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Could argue that even a French, Italian or Portuguese winning would be good for a change.Italy have 3 in the last 15 years (as many as England and 1 more than Germany) and last years runner up, they have done very well and are close to overtaking England in the co-efficient. Agree with the other 2 but French would only be possible because of PSGs oil money.