PDA

View Full Version : NHC Deila

Jim44
14-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Talk about somebody fighting to keep his job. Deila on the radio talking up Celtic's great form in the domestic league. Eh, is that the crap league that's responsible for his team's woeful excuse of a European campaign. Looks like you're shaping up for another non event next year, Ronnie. Still, with a bit of luck, the Hibees might give you a wee challenge next season.:greengrin

johnbc70
14-12-2015, 07:03 AM
The Celtic job is a bit of a funny gig these days, quite rightly they are expected to win the league. I am sure they have players who earn more than whole teams in the SPL and if you stuck a chimpanzee in charge for domestic games they would likely still win the league.

Europe is a different matter though and the gap between the have and have nots is getting bigger, the money in the Champions League is huge. Celtic have done well a few years ago but that was probably the exception. So they are stuck in the universe of going to win the SPL fairly easily and will never do anything of note in Europe.

The conclusion = the sooner they leave us to get on with it the better. The problem = nobody wants them and who can blame them.

SeanWilson
14-12-2015, 07:06 AM
He comes across as a complete and utter roaster. Match made in heaven for that lot. They're a mediocre team and 4 points clear coming up for Christmas is a bit of a joke, given the so called gulf in class.

givescotlandfreedom
14-12-2015, 07:47 AM
He comes across as a complete and utter roaster. Match made in heaven for that lot. They're a mediocre team and 4 points clear coming up for Christmas is a bit of a joke, given the so called gulf in class.

Found out in Europe. Made Lennon look good.

lucky
14-12-2015, 08:32 AM
He needs to win the treble to keep his job. The spin offs are not happy with him at all. Parkhead will not be full again this season

Treadstone
14-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Hope Deila stays. Already missed out on two CL jackpots against beatable teams with inferior budgets. His eye for a player seems pretty rank and now goes for the tried and trusted lets weaken the opposition transfer policy. Opens out the cup competitions that little bit more.

14-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Think the nail might be loose on the hook holding his jacket......Think Lawwell and his Board might be working on the replacement already for the summer.

The Celtic fans I know are unimpressed by his tactics and would take Lennon back in a minute. Just told them "Hand of Stubbs!"

Andy74
14-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Think the nail might be loose on the hook holding his jacket......Think Lawwell and his Board might be working on the replacement already for the summer.

The Celtic fans I know are unimpressed by his tactics and would take Lennon back in a minute. Just told them "Hand of Stubbs!"

What does one of Stubbsy's hands have to do with it?

14-12-2015, 04:38 PM
What does one of Stubbsy's hands have to do with it?

You've not met my one handed Celtic mate then? If you did you'd understand. :na na:

AndyM_1875
14-12-2015, 04:39 PM

More likely to go for Davie Moyes TBH

Glory Lurker
14-12-2015, 04:39 PM
He needs to win the treble to keep his job. The spin offs are not happy with him at all. Parkhead will not be full again this season

Our treble win this season will have unfortunate implications for him if you are right!

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2015, 06:04 PM
The Celtic job is a bit of a funny gig these days, quite rightly they are expected to win the league. I am sure they have players who earn more than whole teams in the SPL and if you stuck a chimpanzee in charge for domestic games they would likely still win the league.

Europe is a different matter though and the gap between the have and have nots is getting bigger, the money in the Champions League is huge. Celtic have done well a few years ago but that was probably the exception. So they are stuck in the universe of going to win the SPL fairly easily and will never do anything of note in Europe.

The conclusion = the sooner they leave us to get on with it the better. The problem = nobody wants them and who can blame them.

Aye but he's struggling at Bolton now.

Nutmegged
14-12-2015, 08:06 PM
He's a Dear caught in the headlights, he was lucky enough to get the gig in what will forever be known as the easiest possible time to manage Celtic, he probably saw this as a chance to come here and be seen to be successful with a massive club which in turn would see his stock rise, what he probably didn't anticipate was winning the Title not being nearly enough.

The most obvious concern about Deila is his naivety, thats two years running he's had Celtic in the driving seat heading to the Champions League and twice he's absolutely blown it.

Had to look this up but only two managers in Celtic's history have won the Treble, Ronny will need to become the 3rd man on that list to be there next Summer IMO

Pretty Boy
14-12-2015, 08:10 PM
I've watched them a few times in the Europa League this year and they are awful. Everything is so slow and there is absolutely no plan B. The home game against Molde was bizarre, they needed something and were passing the ball to death across their back 4 with 5 minutes left.

They are obviously a step ahead domestically but in a one off game, like say a LC final, I'd hope we could give them a run for their money. Long way to go before worrying about that though.

J-C
14-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Pundits were talking about his tactics yesterday, saying he has 1 tactic 4-2-3-1 and shows no sign of changing, especially when change is needed at times like playing 2 up top.