PDA

View Full Version : Question Jason Cummings Yellow Card

iwasthere1972
13-12-2015, 09:36 PM
Was it a dive? I was in the FF lower and didn't see enough to decide or not.

I wonder if they will show it on the highlights.

garys
13-12-2015, 09:39 PM
From where I was it looked 100% dive unfortunately and deserved yellow card. I really can't stand when players dive, regardless of which team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
13-12-2015, 09:48 PM
I was also in the FF lower . I thought there was contact , pen every time .

GGTTH

tanfield
13-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Seen the highlights, looked minimal contact and probably a deserved booking

HoboHarry
13-12-2015, 10:03 PM
If one of our opponents did that we would be screaming for him to be booked. Not Jason's finest moment.

Sir David Gray
13-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Seen the highlights, looked minimal contact and probably a deserved booking

Minimal contact means it's a penalty.

IberianHibernian
13-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Contact or not it looked like a blatant dive and wouldn`t be surprised if club fine him . Was stupid too since he wasted a good chance too .

superfurryhibby
13-12-2015, 10:19 PM

Nah, it means you dived :na na:

Peevemor
13-12-2015, 10:50 PM
There was contact but he made a meal of it. There have been times in the past when he's been fouled in the box and has managed to stay on his feet and play on. I wonder if he's been told to go down a bit easier in those situations but it turns out that he's crap at it?

PatHead
13-12-2015, 10:54 PM
How many bookings is Jason on now?

Sir David Gray
13-12-2015, 10:57 PM
How many bookings is Jason on now?

Two.

Hibbyradge
13-12-2015, 11:08 PM
I was annoyed at him. He'd beaten his man and could have had a shot with his left foot.

I really don't like cheats.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Both the challenge on Keatings first half and Cummings second would have been fouls if outside the box. Soft but there was contact. Never a booking but the ref was hopeless.

Thecat23
13-12-2015, 11:25 PM

Never a pen in a million years. If that was at the other end and Falkirk got it the place would have gone mad.

Jason dived, he'll learn from it!

SkintHibby
13-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Hate cheating. Not Cummings finest moment.

hibbysam
13-12-2015, 11:39 PM
Both the challenge on Keatings first half and Cummings second would have been fouls if outside the box. Soft but there was contact. Never a booking but the ref was hopeless.

The one on keatings was actually a stonewall handball if it wasn't a foul on keatings himself, the defender comes across with his leg and slaps the ball out for a corner! However the first one from keatings' shot was an even bigger penalty shout for me, hand away from his body and stopped a shot at goal!

Sir David Gray
13-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Never a pen in a million years. If that was at the other end and Falkirk got it the place would have gone mad.

Jason dived, he'll learn from it!

I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was a penalty, I was just saying that "minimal" contact means it is a penalty.

Having seen it earlier on Sportscene, I don't think there was any contact and a yellow card for diving was correct.

givescotlandfreedom
14-12-2015, 06:00 AM
The one on keatings was actually a stonewall handball if it wasn't a foul on keatings himself, the defender comes across with his leg and slaps the ball out for a corner! However the first one from keatings' shot was an even bigger penalty shout for me, hand away from his body and stopped a shot at goal!

The handball was a stone waller IMO, look at that one compared to the free kick for handball and you can't see any consistency.
Jason was maybe fouled but went down far too theatrically and that ref didn't need an excuse to book another Hibs player.

MB62
14-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Had a very good view of it from the West Upper North and unfortunately, the ref got that one spot on, a blatant dive. However, the hand ball in the first half was a definite penalty so the ref got that one WRONG.

matty_f
14-12-2015, 09:33 AM
The handball was a stone waller IMO, look at that one compared to the free kick for handball and you can't see any consistency.
Jason was maybe fouled but went down far too theatrically and that ref didn't need an excuse to book another Hibs player.

The lack of consistency does my head in. McGeouch was penalised for a nonsense handball at Ibrox, giving The Rangers the free kick from which they scored the winner. Saturday's was far more blatant.

Malonga was booked for a handball v Dumbarton (iirc), yet the Yam that handled on Saturday got no sanction. It's nonsense.

SeanWilson
14-12-2015, 09:43 AM
made a meal of it... deserved yellow. :agree:

Newcastlehibby
14-12-2015, 09:45 AM
I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was a penalty, I was just saying that "minimal" contact means it is a penalty.

Having seen it earlier on Sportscene, I don't think there was any contact and a yellow card for diving was correct.
Minimal contact just means there was minimal contact. For it to be a penalty it has to be a foul which would result in a direct free kick outside the box. Football is a contact sport.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-12-2015, 09:52 AM
Was a terrible dive to be fair. Had the ball on his left foot if he had stayed up as well

Smartie
14-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I thought that for the 2 "challenge" penalty appeals Keatings then Cummings had run out of ideas after the Falkirk defenders had played them well so they went for the "run past them and invite a challenge and it might get a penalty" approach.

It's served Rangers and Hearts well this season.

LaMotta
14-12-2015, 10:41 AM
Was a terrible dive to be fair. Had the ball on his left foot if he had stayed up as well

For all the stick the referee has had over the last few days it seems he got most things right on Saturday ( with the exception of the laughable Fontaine booking).

Have seen and will see much worse refereeing at ER this season.

Speedy
14-12-2015, 10:47 AM
There was contact but he made a meal of it. There have been times in the past when he's been fouled in the box and has managed to stay on his feet and play on. I wonder if he's been told to go down a bit easier in those situations but it turns out that he's crap at it?

This is the problem. Penalties should be given more often in situations where players stay on their feet but are impeded by a foul.

liamh2202
14-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Imo this is where football has went wrong...for someone to go down there should be enough contact to make them go down.... For a foul to be given there should be enough contact to stop them proceeding..

snooky
14-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Unfortunately like jersey pulling diving has become a sad part of the game.
Eric Stevenson could show current players a thing or two on how to win a legit penalty ;-)

Arch Stanton
14-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Imo this is where football has went wrong...for someone to go down there should be enough contact to make them go down.... For a foul to be given there should be enough contact to stop them proceeding..

So, you'd allow punching as long as it wasn't a knock out? :greengrin

dalkeith stu
14-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Bill leckie having a dig in the Sun. Seems the only time the MSM have a go at divers is when they have a Hibs top on!! Not condoning JC btw.

Hibbyradge
14-12-2015, 01:16 PM

That's not really the case.

Football is a contact sport. Contact in itself is not an offence.

If the "minimal contact" caused the player to fall over, then maybe it's a penalty, if it was careless, reckless or used excessive force.

However, if the players feels a touch and decides to fall over, that's not a penalty. It's a dive.

Pundits on TV who say things like "He was entitled to go down" are wrong and they're condoning cheating.

Copied from Law 12 Fouls and Misconduct

Fouls and misconduct are penalised as follows:

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be
careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
• trips or attempts to trip an opponent
• jumps at an opponent
• charges an opponent
• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
• pushes an opponent
• tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any
of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent
• spits at an opponent
• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own
penalty area)

duffers
14-12-2015, 01:30 PM
I've got to say I am pretty surprised with this thread. I was in the Famous five upper, and was convinced it was a penalty. Still am, although I've not seen it on the highlights yet.

Thecat23
14-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I've got to say I am pretty surprised with this thread. I was in the Famous five upper, and was convinced it was a penalty. Still am, although I've not seen it on the highlights yet.

I suggest you watch them bud. Went down like he was shot and it wasn't a pen, not even close! I was in the main stand and said right away that's a clear dive.

Smartie
14-12-2015, 02:21 PM

I was in the East, near the back and on the halfway line and thought at the game that it was a stonewaller.

Then I saw it on the highlights and thought the dive was an embarrassment and it was never a penalty.

At the game I thought Keatings went down very easily for his one but on the highlights I thought that that one was a reasonable shout for the penalty.

At the time I thought the ref was having a howler but other than one or two more minor incidents it seems he actually got most things right, certainly the big shouts.

greenwell glory
14-12-2015, 02:51 PM
I was in the East, near the back and on the halfway line and thought at the game that it was a stonewaller.

Then I saw it on the highlights and thought the dive was an embarrassment and it was never a penalty.

At the game I thought Keatings went down very easily for his one but on the highlights I thought that that one was a reasonable shout for the penalty.

At the time I thought the ref was having a howler but other than one or two more minor incidents it seems he actually got most things right, certainly the big shouts.

Watch the highlights again, the defenders right foot comes up and clips cummings below the knee just as he goes past him, all very quick and discrete and pulls it away instantly, thats what put him on the deck...stonewaller

14-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Diving is not something he needs to add to his locker of tricks.
He has too many skills and positives about his game to bother about trying to rely on diving.

Ref correct to issue a yellow card as I'd be raging if it was a player doing this against Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
14-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Bill leckie having a dig in the Sun. Seems the only time the MSM have a go at divers is when they have a Hibs top on!! Not condoning JC btw.

If only that vile, racist, lying rag was only guilty of trying to con a ref for a penalty. Off on a tangent there but moral guidance from the Sun?

erin go bragh
14-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Im in the FF lower and also think it was a pen . Highlights dont show the view we had but there was defo contact from the defender . But can see how the ref didnt give it as it looked like he dived from the refs view .

Hibbyradge
14-12-2015, 05:58 PM
Watch the highlights again, the defenders right foot comes up and clips cummings below the knee just as he goes past him, all very quick and discrete and pulls it away instantly, thats what put him on the deck...stonewaller

The Falkirk player pulls his foot away, for sure, but it was to avoid contact.

I think the players' body language betrays what really happened too.

Jason dived.