PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson injury

PatHead
12-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Any word on how bad it is? Hope it isn't a broken cheekbone or anything too serious. Looked really bad

Eckersley time to step up?

SmashinGlass
12-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Any word on how bad it is? Hope it isn't a broken cheekbone or anything too serious. Looked really bad

As well as looking bad, it was audible from where I sit in row W in the East. A sickening sound. I reckon there may be a break. Hopefully not though. Dare say he won't play next week at least

Carheenlea
12-12-2015, 09:31 PM
As he was getting walked off by the physio he looked disorientated, and that would hopefully have been the main reason the decision was made not to allow him back on.

B.H.F.C
12-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Even if there is a break hopefully he'd be able to play wearing one of those masks.

Stantons Angel
12-12-2015, 09:42 PM
He took a knock on the side of the head and i think he was concussed.

When he was being walked off the field you could see the lump coming up on the side of his head the size of an egg.

When Hibs scored he dashed out of the box to join the others on the side of the fiels. Stubbs pulled him aside and told him to go sit back down.

I hope he will be ok for next week though!

Stantons Angel
12-12-2015, 09:43 PM

When he was being walked off the field you could see the lump coming up on the side of his head the size of an egg.

When Hibs scored he dashed out of the box to join the others on the side of the field. Stubbs pulled him aside and told him to go sit back down.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 09:45 PM

When Hibs scored he dashed out of the box to join the others on the side of the field. Stubbs pulled him aside and told him to go sit back down.

Hopefully good news. He will have a right headache tomorrow!

Carheenlea
12-12-2015, 09:46 PM

I didn`t see that - was a loud one alright.

matty_f
12-12-2015, 09:48 PM
It looked like an assault on Lewis, to be honest. Worst challenge in the game.

Hopefully no real damage done to Lewis, and he got the last laugh when we equalised.

Carheenlea
12-12-2015, 09:50 PM

Hopefully no real damage done to Lewis, and he got the last laugh when we equalised.

It was. I thought the guy knew exactly what he was doing and he should have been red carded. Will be interesting to see the incident again.

Dublin07
12-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Stubbsy said in his interview that Lewis didn't know if he was on the pitch or still on his his xmas night out as he was stumbling about. He wanted to go back on but medical team said no. It was a shocking challenge which pretty much summed up the game. Hopefully it's just a sore head and he is back next week.

B.H.F.C
12-12-2015, 09:57 PM

I can't believe the ref never gave us the free kick. The Falkirk player was about 5 minutes late.

Tom Hart RIP
13-12-2015, 06:33 AM
Stubbs annoyed after the game that the club doctor had been refused permission to go on the field. Seems strange decision??

Forza Fred
13-12-2015, 06:40 AM

Wow!
The 'ghost on the payroll' may make an appearance!

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2015, 06:43 AM
Stubbs annoyed after the game that the club doctor had been refused permission to go on the field. Seems strange decision??Doesn't matter what Stubbs thinks honestly if Lewis is concussed he has to go off.

nvm- I'm a doughnut.

Lucius Apuleius
13-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Doesn't matter what Stubbs thinks honestly if Lewis is concussed he has to go off.

Surely the only person to decide if he is concussed is the doctor?

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Surely the only person to decide if he is concussed is the doctor?Sorry, I misread the post by TH.

JimBHibees
13-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Stubbs annoyed after the game that the club doctor had been refused permission to go on the field. Seems strange decision??

That seems incredible given how serious these kind of collisions can be. Summed up the ref.

Onion
13-12-2015, 07:40 AM

That was my immediate reaction as well. LS was always going to get to the ball first and the Falkirk player knew that, so there was only one outcome. IMO Falkirk player should have been red carded and only escaped because he was hurt as well.

TrinityHibs
13-12-2015, 07:47 AM
That was my immediate reaction as well. LS was always going to get to the ball first and the Falkirk player knew that, so there was only one outcome. IMO Falkirk player should have been red carded and only escaped because he was hurt as well.

Shocking challenge. Thought it was a straight red

greenlex
13-12-2015, 08:05 AM
I thought they were both after the ball and it was just a clash of heads to be honest. I'd like to see it again.

stantonhibby
13-12-2015, 08:42 AM
I can't believe the ref never gave us the free kick. The Falkirk player was about 5 minutes late.

The ref initially actually gave a free kick to Falkirk and then after the players treatment from physio gave a drop ball.

3pm
13-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Where is the head Physio these days? The guy that came from Motherwell.

ozzie
13-12-2015, 08:50 AM
I thought they were both after the ball and it was just a clash of heads to be honest. I'd like to see it again.

From where I was in the ff it looked like the falkirk player just put his head down and dived in. No intention of going for the ball as he wasn't even looking for it he was just charging in and hoping he got something.

O'Rourke3
13-12-2015, 08:50 AM

When the dust settles the video evidence will show a clear clash of heads. What it should also show is the sheer lack of judgement from the Falkirk defender who was either brave or simply stupid. I also hope there was a referee supervisor in the stands as Clancy's handling of that situation and others was very poor.

matty_f
13-12-2015, 09:27 AM

It was, but it shouldn't have been. For me, the Falkirk player was late and incredibly reckless.

emerald green
13-12-2015, 10:06 AM
From where I was in the ff it looked like the falkirk player just put his head down and dived in. No intention of going for the ball as he wasn't even looking for it he was just charging in and hoping he got something.

If he had no intention of going for the ball, it's a very sneaky way of going into a challenge. I'll put it that way. He may have been hoping he got the player if he didn't get the ball.

Maybe he fooled the referee too as he took no action IIRC.

brog
13-12-2015, 10:28 AM
If he had no intention of going for the ball, it's a very sneaky way of going into a challenge. I'll put it that way. He may have been hoping he got the player if he didn't get the ball.

Maybe he fooled the referee too as he took no action IIRC.

​Surely not! Takes a lot to fool Kevin Clancy!

13-12-2015, 10:32 AM
looked a bad one. Hopefully nothing to serious.

Twiglet
13-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Watched it on Hibs tv. Looks like the Falkirk player brings his head back and throws it forward. No need for that movement. That is why Lewis came off so badly.

GreenCastle
13-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Was a horrible noise when it happened - had a pretty good view of it and the Falkirk player definitely went in hard and made sure Stevenson was hit. Wasn't the most obvious but I feel he knew what he was doing.

Said at the time I am amazed the club doesn't bring a doctor on straight away - especially head knocks.

Did he go to hospital after?

Will be a loss if it's serious and we will need to sort out cover.

Sir David Gray
13-12-2015, 12:19 PM
The ref initially actually gave a free kick to Falkirk and then after the players treatment from physio gave a drop ball.

I thought that too and I was going mental when it first happened and the free kick had been awarded to them.

J-C
13-12-2015, 01:01 PM
I thought if there is a clash of heads the ref has to immediately stop the game to allow the medical team on, pretty sure the rules were changed especially for that.

Diclonius
13-12-2015, 01:05 PM
http://futhead.cursecdn.com/static/img/14/players/169602.png

It's time.

erin go bragh
13-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Was a horrible noise when it happened - had a pretty good view of it and the Falkirk player definitely went in hard and made sure Stevenson was hit. Wasn't the most obvious but I feel he knew what he was doing.

Said at the time I am amazed the club doesn't bring a doctor on straight away - especially head knocks.

Did he go to hospital after?

Will be a loss if it's serious and we will need to sort out cover.

There was a crack noise which sounded horrible . Fingers crossed its nothing serious but sounded like a fracture of some sort .

Pretty Boy
13-12-2015, 01:06 PM
I thought if there is a clash of heads the ref has to immediately stop the game to allow the medical team on, pretty sure the rules were changed especially for that.

Tbf to Clancy he did stop the game immediately and called both physios on.

If it's true the doctor was stopped from getting on though then that's poor. If a physio feels it neccessary to call the doctor with a head knock there should be no questions asked.

J-C
13-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Tbf to Clancy he did stop the game immediately and called both physios on.

If it's true the doctor was stopped from getting on though then that's poor. If a physio feels it neccessary to call the doctor with a head knock there should be no questions asked.

Was that not the problem at Chelsea with the doctor going on and calling the shots, Jose wasn't happy with her for doing her job properly.

tamig
13-12-2015, 01:21 PM
I said on another thread that I watched the incident closely. Lewis had his eyes on the ball and I knew he would be wiped out when he went for the ball. Alston made no real attempt to win the ball imo. And Houston is in the paper today moaning that we scored from the drop ball when he thought Alston was fouled after being "accidentally headed". What an erse of a man he is.

lucky
13-12-2015, 04:13 PM

Did you see this or was it in a interview? Cos the interview I saw and heard Stubbsy clearly knew Lewis was not to continue

Northernhibee
13-12-2015, 05:19 PM
And yet McGinn's foul was a red :rolleyes:

CentreLine
13-12-2015, 05:25 PM
And yet McGinn's foul was a red :rolleyes:

On this occasion I'm glad Alston didn't see red. It means Falkirk have a full squad next week. I always feel that sendings off late in a game (or retrospective when it comes to our neighbours) only helps the next opposition. No great advantage to us.

Tom Hart RIP
13-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Did you see this or was it in a interview? Cos the interview I saw and heard Stubbsy clearly knew Lewis was not to continue

AS said in press conference after game that he wanted the club doctor to go onto the pitch but this was refused due to some protocol.
He also said that Lewis didn't know where he was but being Lewis he wanted back on but Stubbs wouldn't let him.

Sergey
13-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I said on another thread that I watched the incident closely. Lewis had his eyes on the ball and I knew he would be wiped out when he went for the ball. Alston made no real attempt to win the ball imo. And Houston is in the paper today moaning that we scored from the drop ball when he thought Alston was fouled after being "accidentally headed". What an erse of a man he is.

I remember a midweek match at Parkhead circa 1980. For some unbeknown reason, I was sat in the main stand with a couple of mates (it seemed like a good idea at the time). Lo and behold, Mike Conroy scored for us and we briefly led 0-1. We then went on to lose 5-1 and I think McGarvey got a hat-trick for them. My memory was a blatant headbutt by Shades on Paul McStay in the closing moments. He feigned that he was challenging for a high ball but took McStay out with a butt flush on his cheek. Needless to say he was red carded.

Future17
13-12-2015, 07:09 PM
At the time I thought both players were going for the ball, but the Falkirk player got there first. I didn't think Stevenson had played the ball at tall. And I hadn't even been drinking...much.

Great bravery from Lewis regardless and I hope he isn't out for long, if at all.

Argylehibby
13-12-2015, 07:42 PM
BBC highlights don't even show it, not really surprising though.

ALF TUPPER
13-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Stubbsy said in his interview that Lewis didn't know if he was on the pitch or still on his his xmas night out as he was stumbling about. He wanted to go back on but medical team said no. It was a shocking challenge which pretty much summed up the game. Hopefully it's just a sore head and he is back next week.

Yeah. Laughed at Stubbsy's description of Lewis staggering about. Stubbsy was upbeat