PDA

View Full Version : Showed Bloody Spine

Dashing Bob S
12-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Impressed by the way heads stayed up despite going to ten men and losing a silly goal. Last season's team would have folded, but we dug in and got back on terns, giving an obviously shaky Johnny Hun something to damn well think about.

We need to maintain discipline and ensure we finish with eleven players on the park. That said, I don't think Stubbs will be ripping the stripes off young McGinn, who has put in a damn good shift this season.

The pool will be tested over the festive period. At this point the entire team needs our encouragement. I'd urge all all Hibernian supporters to get behind them, in strident voice, and stop all the namby-pampy carping about individual performances. The side has shown some bloody grit as well as class- now is the time to do the same from the stands.

Jonnyboy
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Impressed by the way heads stayed up despite going to ten men and losing a silly goal. Last season's team would have folded, but we dug in and got back on terns, giving an obviously shaky Johnny Hun something to damn well think about.

We need to maintain discipline and ensure we finish with eleven players on the park. That said, I don't think Stubbs will be ripping the stripes off young McGinn, who has put in a damn good shift this season.

The pool will be tested over the festive period. At this point the entire team needs our encouragement. I'd urge all all Hibernian supporters to get behind them, in strident voice, and stop all the namby-pampy carping about individual performances. The side has shown some bloody grit as well as class- now is the time to do the same from the stands.

:top marks Bob

Scottie
12-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Bang on Bob :aok:

SanFranHibs
12-12-2015, 09:12 PM

Yes...but if we could only come out fighting from the kick-off we might not have needed to come back and would be only 1 point behind The Rangers....

:wink:

Only kidding.

Actually found it interesting that Stubbs was extremely happy with the character shown and said it was one of the most pleasing performances since he arrived.

:flag:

kaimendhibs
12-12-2015, 09:12 PM
100 % Bob

marinello59
12-12-2015, 09:17 PM

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
12-12-2015, 11:44 PM

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

zitelli62
13-12-2015, 09:39 AM
brilliant post well said 100% correct.

:gwa: :flag::flag::flag:

Pretty Boy
13-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Spot on.

Over the course of the season every player has played their part and deserve our support.

brog
13-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Spot on Bob! Last season in our 1st home game vs Falkirk we conceded early & were unable to equalise in the remaining 77 minutes! This season 9 men equalise a late goal in added on time. Different team, different spirit & despite it only being a draw it will give us more of a boost going forward than if it had finished 0-0.

Jones28
13-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Great post 👍

13-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Spot on. Going to be a very tough month for us and the boys need every bit of support.

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2015, 10:52 AM
While you are right in saying we have been soft in the past I don't think last seasons team would have folded, we got a winner vs Livi in a similar situation. It was pre Stubbs that we folded in these situations, he has sorted that out big time.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-12-2015, 11:46 AM

Reported.

brog
13-12-2015, 11:49 AM
While you are right in saying we have been soft in the past I don't think last seasons team would have folded, we got a winner vs Livi in a similar situation. It was pre Stubbs that we folded in these situations, he has sorted that out big time.

You're correct but in the early part of last season, before AS had the chance to put his stamp on the team we would still have folded, eg Hibs 0-1 Falkirk Aug 14. Mind you the fact we had players such as Mickey Nelson still strutting their stuff at the time was probably a major contributory factor!

andrew70
13-12-2015, 11:54 AM
The OP is 100% spot on.

Absolutley gutted that I'll be missing four games from Ibrox away to Falkirk away. Will be watching on my hols in Oz that's for sure.

The club deserves our support again.

Let's do this together.