PDA

View Full Version : Mom

archiebald
12-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Jason Cummings never in a month of Sundays

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Fyvie was by miles the best player on the park, not even close.

iwasthere1972
12-12-2015, 06:48 PM

That was a complete surprise. Never MOTD.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Fyvie was excellent.

Loads of folk around me in the famous 5 lower can't wait to criticise the boy for some reason though.

skipster7
12-12-2015, 06:51 PM
That was a complete surprise. Never MOTD.
I thought Fyvie was immense with Keatings standing out with his movement. Very clever wee player, surprised to see him hooked.

lucky
12-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Hanlon was my MOTM

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Who chooses the MOM ?

Is it someone from Marathon bet ?

Been some odd choices this season.

hibee_girl
12-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Hanlon was my MOTM

Mine too :agree:

hibee_girl
12-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Who chooses the MOM ?

Is it someone from Marathon bet ?

Been some odd choices this season.

It's usually whoever is the 12th man, I think they just pick who they want to meet!

O'Rourke3
12-12-2015, 06:59 PM
It's usually whoever is the 12th man, I think they just pick who they want to meet!

:agree:

BIGK
12-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Hanlon for me , first half was very composed with a couple of great runs into midfield. Second half he was solid in the holding mid position. Only thing against him was that he sat quite deep which I think dragged the rest of the midfield back with him. 8/10

Cameron1875
12-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Panicked slightly and thought this was to do with the ambulance after the game regarding somebodys mum. Its MOTM ffs :wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Fyvie was murder. Wasn't prepared to get close to a man at all and gave the ball away far too often.

Big Darren at the back was superb. Never put a foot wrong all day.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

green day
12-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Fyvie was my (and lots round me) MoM.

SmashinGlass
12-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Fyvie was murder. Wasn't prepared to get close to a man at all and gave the ball away far too often.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Behave. Clearly you must have been at a different game from the vast majority of people. Fyvie was excellent today.

Tom Hart RIP
12-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Fyvie for me just ahead of Hanlon.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 07:16 PM

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved":faf: you can't possibly be serious?

Seekyit
12-12-2015, 07:18 PM
Fyvie for me. A couple of misplaced passes, but got better as the game went on.

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2015, 07:24 PM

i beg to differ, NOT one of his better displays today, but then all defenders were below par, wild boots out the park from all...opinions and all that

Hiber-nation
12-12-2015, 07:31 PM

You must have been sitting near me. Some clown was on his case all 2nd half spouting all sorts of pish.

After we went a goal down I thought big Fonts was immense in driving us forward.

Benny Brazil
12-12-2015, 07:33 PM

You must have been at a different game from me - Fyvie was brilliant today - I do agree about McGregor though he was solid

emerald green
12-12-2015, 07:43 PM
You must have been sitting near me. Some clown was on his case all 2nd half spouting all sorts of pish.

After we went a goal down I thought big Fonts was immense in driving us forward.

:agree: Fontaine was my MOM, and McGregor not far behind.

The whole team though showed great spirit to get a draw from this match after playing the whole of the 2nd half with 10 men. A lot of teams would have chucked it in after also losing such a s*** goal in 84th minute.

Onion
12-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Fyvie was average 1st half but best player on the park in the 2nd. Probably should have got the MOTM. But JC had a tough gig in the 2nd on his own, created the equaliser and an inspiration.

greenlex
12-12-2015, 07:44 PM
Add me to the Hanlon fan club.

keep the faith
12-12-2015, 07:44 PM

Have you been drinking????

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 07:46 PM

Ah makes sense - bit of a farce then. Though obviously all for the 12 fan thing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Fyvie. That every week please.

ancient hibee
12-12-2015, 08:04 PM

The people picking MOTM usually have been.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Why am I a clown for having a different opinion to you?

I didn't think he was great. Like I said, never got close to a man all day. Kicked into gear when we went to nine men which begs the question why he couldn't do that when we had 11/10.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 08:29 PM
i beg to differ, NOT one of his better displays today, but then all defenders were below par, wild boots out the park from all...opinions and all that

Fair do's.

I did think Darren is no nonsense and a winner. Fontaine seems to be a bit low on confidence but was ok today. Disappointed to see Paul Hanlon in midfield as he's our best at the back.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 08:29 PM
:faf: you can't possibly be serious?

Why?

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Nope.

Jones28
12-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Back to his best then? Good to see after being out for a while and no game for 3 weeks

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Why?

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"Because Fyvie was fantastic?

B.H.F.C
12-12-2015, 08:54 PM

I didn't think he was great. Like I said, never got close to a man all day. Kicked into gear when we went to nine men which begs the question why he couldn't do that when we had 11/10.

How you can say he didn't get close to a man is absolutely beyond me. His passing left a bit to be desired at times but he won a hell of a lot of tackles. At one point he ran 70 yards with Baird to win a tackle in the second half.

lord bunberry
12-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Fyvie was no where near man of the match, he gave the ball away far to many times. Hanlon was man of the match for me.

Sammy7nil
12-12-2015, 09:11 PM
Fyvie was no where near man of the match, he gave the ball away far to many times. Hanlon was man of the match for me.

Fyvie was very close to mom to say otherwise is silly u may have a different opinion but Fyvie was good :cb

Cropley10
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM

Spot on. Paul Hanlon was playing in an unfamiliar position and made it look easy.

Fyvie played last man a few times, no one beat him - that's not hard but first half in the grit of CM no where near it.

IberianHibernian
12-12-2015, 09:24 PM
From my seat at home watching on Hibs TV I thought Fyvie was outstanding . A class or two above others on the park . Looking forward to what he does in the rest of the season . Hanlon was also way above the rest in either team . Cummings ? Thought his dive was embarrassing and hope AS has a hard word with him about it .

Cropley10
12-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Hoe you can say he didn't get close to a man is absolutely beyond me. His passing left a bit to be desired at times but he won a hell of a lot of tackles. At one point he ran 70 yards with Baird to win a tackle in the second half.

Yes he did. Down by the East Stand at the North end. He ran and marked a player which is exactly what was required as it was his man, he then made a sliding challenge which Clancy let go, but he slid in when it was 1 v 1 by the touch line.

wookie70
12-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Between Fyvie and Hanlon for MOTM for me. Fraser edges it for playing the full 90 and being on the park when we equalised. He did start very poorly but was excellent the whole of the second half.

davidw
12-12-2015, 09:37 PM

You are correct in your view, but not in your grammar...

Blaster
12-12-2015, 09:43 PM
I thought mcgregor was good today

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 09:45 PM
Hoe you can say he didn't get close to a man is absolutely beyond me. His passing left a bit to be desired at times but he won a hell of a lot of tackles. At one point he ran 70 yards with Baird to win a tackle in the second half.

So what? Should he have given up against Baird? Surely that is not an indicator of a good game. If i remember correctly its cause we lost the ball so he should be chasing back. Baird isn't exactly the quickest either and fyvie really struggled to match him but eventually did well.

I don't know if you can recall when we were camped in our half for most of the first part of the second half. Fyvie was on many occasions not getting touch tight with a man which invited pressure onto us.

Hibs dug deep today but Falkirk weren't up to much and even with ten men I felt we should have pushed for a goal, instead we sat deep and invited a poor side onto us.

Hiber-nation
12-12-2015, 09:50 PM

Well maybe it wasn't you but the boy was certainly a clown

"Ah'm no applauding them off because they were pish" he announces to all and sundry on the way down the stairs.

B.H.F.C
12-12-2015, 09:55 PM
So what? Should he have given up against Baird? Surely that is not an indicator of a good game. If i remember correctly its cause we lost the ball so he should be chasing back. Baird isn't exactly the quickest either and fyvie really struggled to match him but eventually did well.

I don't know if you can recall when we were camped in our half for most of the first part of the second half. Fyvie was on many occasions not getting touch tight with a man which invited pressure onto us.

Hibs dug deep today but Falkirk weren't up to much and even with ten men I felt we should have pushed for a goal, instead we sat deep and invited a poor side onto us.

So what? Well you said he didn't get near anyone, I gave an example that suggested otherwise.

Fyvie can be accused of poor passing or whatever, but to say he couldn't get close to anyone is nonsence. Remember we were chasing an extra man for the whole second half. He put in a shift.

That said, I do agree that we could have done a bit more with the ball even with 10 men.

portyhibernian
12-12-2015, 10:06 PM
We were poor today no doubt, I give man of the match to Boyle for the goal.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Because Fyvie was fantastic?

Really? Fantastic.

I'd say John McGinn plays fantastic some weeks. Defends, attacks and sets up goals.

Not sure fyvie falls in that bracket today.

kaimendhibs
12-12-2015, 10:11 PM

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"Hibs dug deep today but Falkirk weren't up to much and even with ten men I felt we should have pushed for a goal, instead we sat deep and invited a poor side onto us. I said exactly the same thing at the match!

snooky
12-12-2015, 10:16 PM
Spot on. Paul Hanlon was playing in an unfamiliar position and made it look easy.

Fyvie played last man a few times, no one beat him - that's not hard but first half in the grit of CM no where near it.

Midfield was Paul's original position wasn't it? (Before he came into the first team at LB).

trev the hat
12-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Fyvie no question
An honest shift !!!

Carheenlea
12-12-2015, 10:27 PM
From my seat at home watching on Hibs TV I thought Fyvie was outstanding . A class or two above others on the park . Looking forward to what he does in the rest of the season . Hanlon was also way above the rest in either team . Cummings ? Thought his dive was embarrassing and hope AS has a hard word with him about it .

I take it from that then that the Hibs TV pictures don`t favour Jason Cummings ? From the middle of the east it was difficult to tell.

Cropley10
12-12-2015, 10:29 PM
Midfield was Paul's original position wasn't it? (Before he came into the first team at LB).

:agree: which kinda proves my point :wink: :thumbsup:

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 10:42 PM
So what? Well you said he didn't get near anyone, I gave an example that suggested otherwise.

Fyvie can be accused of poor passing or whatever, but to say he couldn't get close to anyone is nonsence. Remember we were chasing an extra man for the whole second half. He put in a shift.

That said, I do agree that we could have done a bit more with the ball even with 10 men.

Chasing a man running with the ball and closing a man down in front of you are two different things in my opinion.

B.H.F.C
12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Chasing a man running with the ball and closing a man down in front of you are two different things in my opinion.

All you said was that he didn't get near anyone. He clearly did. You seem to be in the minority (possibly just yourself) that thinks that.

Tyler Durden
12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
It's bizarre to me but there still seems to be a section of the support who can't wait to slate Jason Cummings. Sure he was never MOTM today but when it was announced plenty folk in the East took it as an opportunity to give him abuse.

Few minutes later someone calling him a "poof" for not diving into a 40/60 challenge.

Don't see him getting much praise for working for 95 minutes and setting up our goal. I despair of some "supporters".

PatHead
12-12-2015, 10:57 PM
I take it from that then that the Hibs TV pictures don`t favour Jason Cummings ? From the middle of the east it was difficult to tell.

From FF looked like he was fouled but made too much of it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
12-12-2015, 11:06 PM
All you said was that he didn't get near anyone. He clearly did. You seem to be in the minority (possibly just yourself) that thinks that.

Och well, I must be wrong if I'm in minority.

skipster7
13-12-2015, 09:58 AM

When your a man short surely its about closing space and options and nullifying their extra man than being "touch tight " and leaving a spare man ?

MWHIBBIES
13-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Really? Fantastic.

I'd say John McGinn plays fantastic some weeks. Defends, attacks and sets up goals.

Not sure fyvie falls in that bracket today.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"That is because he is a different type of player. You don't compare Iniesta to Makelele, that is stupid. Defensively Fyvie does a lot more than McGinn, he is also the reason we don't have to punt the ball forward and can instead play from the back. Wonderful player and at 22 will only improve.

matty_f
13-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Fyvie for me, thought he did a great job in the middle under the circumstances.

Pretty Boy
13-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I'd have given it to Fyvie, slow start but he picked up and 2nd half he was everywhere, but I wasn't shocked that JC got it. He had a bit of a thankless task up top and he absolutely ran himself into the ground for the cause, his attitude and effort was different class.

Either of the centre backs could have had a shout as well.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Just watched the game and for me Fyvie was very good, and i can see why folk would give him MOM. :agree:

3pm
13-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Just watched the game and for me Fyvie was very good, and i can see why folk would give him MOM. :agree:

Him.....or Karl Boyes. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Him.....or Karl Boyes. :agree:

If only he'd won that last frame. :greengrin

ekhibee
13-12-2015, 12:32 PM
I actually thought Cummings worked really hard and played well, and so did Hanlon, but Fyvie stood out for me by some way.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Fyvie MoM by a mile. Do the hospitality guests who pick this know anything about football or are they too busy tucking in to the prawn sannies and getting bevvied?

Fenriz
13-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Fyvie MoM by a mile. Do the hospitality guests who pick this know anything about football or are they too busy tucking in to the prawn sannies and getting bevvied?

Not sure what the situation was yesterday, but I know in the past that Jason is often picked as MOTM by younger participants in the 12th Man initiative. He's definitely a favourite of our younger fans. The one time I sat in hospitality last season was the derby we won, and the wee laddie (aged about 7) chose Jason despite him being subbed off at half time!

Kojock
13-12-2015, 04:31 PM

I thought Fyvie was poor the first half but excellent the second. Your cheap shot at hospitality guests is uncalled for and unnecessary. As stated before the person picking the MOTM gets to meet them hence the reason they pick a certain player.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2015, 04:34 PM
I thought Fyvie was poor the first half but excellent the second. Your cheap shot at hospitality guests is uncalled for and unnecessary. As stated before the person picking the MOTM gets to meet them hence the reason they pick a certain player.

Why not call it "The Player Someone In Hospitality Likes Best" award then?

Kojock
13-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Why not call it "The Player Someone In Hospitality Likes Best" award then?

Don't know why some people are getting their knickers in a twist, what difference does it make who they announce as MOTM, as shown in this thread everyone has differing opinions.

Libby Hibby
13-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Don't know why some people are getting their knickers in a twist, what difference does it make who they announce as MOTM, as shown in this thread everyone has differing opinions.

Correct

Hibeesforever
13-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Hanlon for me , first half was very composed with a couple of great runs into midfield. Second half he was solid in the holding mid position. Only thing against him was that he sat quite deep which I think dragged the rest of the midfield back with him. 8/10

Wow, I hope I never see Paul Hanlon playing centre midfield for Hibernian again. Your point about playing too deep was one problem along with not having a good enough right foot to play in that position.
On the plus side, luck is with this team, so title still very much on.