PDA

View Full Version : Henri Anier

Tyler Durden
12-12-2015, 04:34 PM
Good on the big man for playing a crucial part today.

Won't hold my breath but might make some people think twice when posting how much a waste of time it was signing Feruz, Eckersley, Anier....

The management team know what they're doing.

ManBearPig
12-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Anier might get more of a chance don't see alagui having much of impavt

Greenblood70
12-12-2015, 04:52 PM
I was thinking the script was written for him to come on and have an impact today.

He strikes me as one of those total confidence players, if we can get him in a good frame of mind he could go on to have some influence on the rest of the season. Definitely give us a different option up front and I bet defenders dont like playing against him as he's a strong lad.

mentalhibee
12-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Was his flick going in before Boyle got on the end of it? Looked a decent option when he came on.

O'Rourke3
12-12-2015, 05:33 PM
Was his flick going in before Boyle got on the end of it? Looked a decent option when he came on.

No but it did wrong foot everyone which gave Boyle a tap-in.

lucky
12-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Looked more mobile than I thought he was. On that cameo appearance I'd keep him beyond January

tamig
12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Looked more mobile than I thought he was. On that cameo appearance I'd keep him beyond January

Let's hope Mixu doesn't recall him - which is a possibility the way things are at Tannadice just now.

erin go bragh
12-12-2015, 06:06 PM
What a first touch . Lovely wee flick . It could well be the best first touch I've seen any Hibs player debuting.

GGTTH

Peevemor
12-12-2015, 07:01 PM
He offered more today than Feruz has done in any of his appearances.

Stevie Reid
14-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Great few minutes, with his flick leading to the goal, and then a superb through ball for Cummings just afterwards (where I fancied Boyle to score if he hadn't lost his footing). I would have taken Cummings off instead of Keatings at the time the sub was made, but Stubbs got it spot on, with Cummings and Anier assisting Boyle for the goal.

scoopyboy
14-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Good on the big man for playing a crucial part today.

Won't hold my breath but might make some people think twice when posting how much a waste of time it was signing Feruz, Eckersley, Anier....

The management team know what they're doing.

How many minutes do you think the three of them have played if you combine their totals?

Once you have worked that out come back and justify the three players signings.

Big_Franck
14-12-2015, 02:35 PM
He offered more today than Feruz has done in any of his appearances.

Agreed. Hopefully see more of the same from him over the next few weeks.

tomhorn
14-12-2015, 03:39 PM
How many minutes do you think the three of them have played if you combine their totals?

Strange logic as there is no way to predict how things will go in a season with injury etc. They might have been called upon more than they have but who could have known at time of signing them

Smartie
14-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Strange logic as there is no way to predict how things will go in a season with injury etc. They might have been called upon more than they have but who could have known at time of signing them

IIRC Scott Allan was just getting into his stride at this stage last season.

Just because they haven't done much up to this point doesn't mean they won't go on to make a big impact this season.

lucky
14-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Two have been injured and Feruz has not been the player we hoped. But the 3 of them gave the squad some depth. If LS is injured for Saturday then Eckersley will slot straight into the team. Anier looks like he was hungry and keen to perform on Saturday and I think he "could" be a useful player for us between now & the end off the season.

brog
14-12-2015, 04:12 PM
I loved Henri's reaction to the goal, he was as excited as anyone, great team spirit!

scoopyboy
14-12-2015, 04:23 PM
Two have been injured and Feruz has not been the player we hoped. But the 3 of them gave the squad some depth. If LS is injured for Saturday then Eckersley will slot straight into the team. Anier looks like he was hungry and keen to perform on Saturday and I think he "could" be a useful player for us between now & the end off the season.

They may well turn out to good but up until now all three have been poor signings in terms of what they have produced on the park.

Andy74
14-12-2015, 04:34 PM
They may well turn out to good but up until now all three have been poor signings in terms of what they have produced on the park.

It's a bit of an odd way of looking at them when they were signed as cover and the team has been playing well.

The last few minutes of the game on Saturday may be crucial both in points and momentum and Anier played a key part.

Feruz I'd agree has had a bit more time and been poor. If it was a low cost gamble then fair enough.

Eckersley like Anier could well get a chance to have an influence. If Stevenson did get hurt at the weekend I'm more than happy with us at least having cover just now that saves us making other positional moves.

It's a long season and every point is going to count for us.

Ronniekirk
14-12-2015, 04:47 PM

To be fair scoops , Eckersley was always signed for cover when Stubbs knew he was injured and probably wouldn't be playing. Part till now if needed.I assume if Lewis can't play against Queen of the South he is fit enough to play now ,so could be perfect timing .Others saying he could well stay beyond January and if that's true then Stubbs must of seen enough in Training to feel that would be deal worth doing despite lack of game time to date But we will need to wait and see on that one .
Anier clearly has taken longer to recover from injury than was first expected ,and then has had to put in a pre season ,and again Stubbs has gone on record stating he will be a valuable asset going forward in 2016 ,so again he must be seeing him doing the right things in Training or he wouldn't of come out and said that .
Feruz was a gamble ,and I think even Stubbs would of expected him to hVe had more game time than he has .I think this one Defo isn't working out ,despite him having more game time than the other two put together ironically .
But I hear your frustration . On the plus side Anier and Eckersley could ,and I stress could ,be like two new signings in January ,added to the two other signings Stubbs hopes to make .
It could be if Stanton and Feruz go in January we may get three signings :wink:

Boyle89
14-12-2015, 05:00 PM
I loved Henri's reaction to the goal, he was as excited as anyone, great team spirit!

That got me aswell. For a guy who's not been involved he looked as up for it as the rest of them. Very good to see.

scoopyboy
14-12-2015, 05:02 PM
It's a bit of an odd way of looking at them when they were signed as cover and the team has been playing well.

The last few minutes of the game on Saturday may be crucial both in points and momentum and Anier played a key part.

Feruz I'd agree has had a bit more time and been poor. If it was a low cost gamble then fair enough.

Eckersley like Anier could well get a chance to have an influence. If Stevenson did get hurt at the weekend I'm more than happy with us at least having cover just now that saves us making other positional moves.

It's a long season and every point is going to count for us.

How is judging what they do on the park an odd way of looking at them?

Signed as cover I would agree with, if they had been available to cover which they haven't. For example if Lewis had got his knock in the first half where was Eckersley cos he certainly wasn't on the bench. But he ho he will be coming in to face QOTS!!!

The way people go on about them its as if we couldn't have signed anybody else and they were the only options in the world.

BSEJVT
14-12-2015, 06:40 PM
How is judging what they do on the park an odd way of looking at them?

Signed as cover I would agree with, if they had been available to cover which they haven't. For example if Lewis had got his knock in the first half where was Eckersley cos he certainly wasn't on the bench. But he ho he will be coming in to face QOTS!!!

The way people go on about them its as if we couldn't have signed anybody else and they were the only options in the world.

This isn't like you at all Scoopyboy, with that and your Farid comments I sense a great deal of frustration about something?

Want to expand?

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2015, 06:46 PM
This isn't like you at all Scoopyboy, with that and your Farid comments I sense a great deal of frustration about something?

Want to expand?

Its simple in my opinion, we brought in Anier and Ekersley as cover, but neither were fit enough to play should we have had injuries to the players they were brought in as cover for.

Both players may turn out decent in the future, or both may be off at the end of the month having contributed very little bar one back heel from Anier welcome as it was. :top marks

Benny Brazil
14-12-2015, 07:03 PM
That got me aswell. For a guy who's not been involved he looked as up for it as the rest of them. Very good to see.

Was only on the pitch for a short while but he got stuck in, nice flick for the goal and showed some strength as well - didnt let himself get bullied, there was one instance on the touchline in front of the dugouts when we were taking a throw in and one of the Falkirk players was trying to push him all over the place but Anier was too strong for him, I liked that - not a major incident in the game but was good to see his strength - could be useful.

scoopyboy
14-12-2015, 07:05 PM

Want to expand?

I feel we are skating on thin ice with our squad at the moment and probably have been for a few weeks now.

List our squad and it looks good but for me there are some who aren't really contributing much.

I really like Farid but I don't think we are going to get much out of him unfortunately. Possibly the highest earner at the club last season and will still be one of the highest this season, yet people are saying we don't need another striker because we have Farid. I would love to be wrong and for him to have a great second half of the season but I just can't see it. He certainly isn't a wage thief but we haven't had a return from him.

I was excited when Islam Feruz arrived but he has been poor with both attitude and glimpses I have seen of him. I hope he's away in January if he's not away already.

Anier could yet turn out to be ok or better but until Saturday he hasn't been able to show us much.

Eckersley I have found to be a strange signing, injured when signed having underwent an operation and was always going to have a rehabilitation period but was only signed until January (as things stand).

Nothing sinister in my views on the players but I don't feel they've contributed much.

BSEJVT
14-12-2015, 08:42 PM
I feel we are skating on thin ice with our squad at the moment and probably have been for a few weeks now.

List our squad and it looks good but for me there are some who aren't really contributing much.

I really like Farid but I don't think we are going to get much out of him unfortunately. Possibly the highest earner at the club last season and will still be one of the highest this season, yet people are saying we don't need another striker because we have Farid. I would love to be wrong and for him to have a great second half of the season but I just can't see it. He certainly isn't a wage thief but we haven't had a return from him.

I was excited when Islam Feruz arrived but he has been poor with both attitude and glimpses I have seen of him. I hope he's away in January if he's not away already.

Anier could yet turn out to be ok or better but until Saturday he hasn't been able to show us much.

Eckersley I have found to be a strange signing, injured when signed having underwent an operation and was always going to have a rehabilitation period but was only signed until January (as things stand).

Nothing sinister in my views on the players but I don't feel they've contributed much.

Ok thanks for that.

The Farid situation isn't one that the club could have foreseen or can do much about.

The Feruz situation was a gamble that hasn't paid off.

The last 2 are stranger choices but maybe were fairly inexpensive in the grand scheme of things and when weighed up the potential upsides of getting 2 proven players at minimal cost to supplement the squad was a gamble worth taking. all be it with limited pay off to date.