12-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Iain Murray has resigned.......

Inevitable as he was going to get sacked

Greencore
12-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Oh well

Hibee87
12-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Its the honourable thing to do, hold your handsoup and say its not working, and dont wait for the sack and big pay day

Nameless
12-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Too much too soon. He's a decent manager and a decent guy outside of football. I think he would excel at a club like Livingston.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Might have picked the wrong team with St Mirren. I think that they needed a stop the rot manager rather than someone with new ideas.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 06:44 PM
Pick Jim Goodwin and you deserve the bullet.

silverhibee
12-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Shame that.

Yip.

givescotlandfreedom
12-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Is there a testimonial event for this?

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Is there a testimonial event for this?

:tee hee:

emerald green
12-12-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm sure I've heard some folk in the past suggesting Murray was a future Hibs manager in the making. I wonder what the chances of that are now?

Peevemor
12-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Its the honourable thing to do, hold your handsoup and say its not working, and dont wait for the sack and big pay day

Handsoup? Sounds a bit rude. :teehee:

Onceinawhile
12-12-2015, 07:12 PM
If eckersley leaves in January we'll be light at left back, could do a job?

Wilson
12-12-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm sure I've heard some folk in the past suggesting Murray was a future Hibs manager in the making. I wonder what the chances of that are now?

It is interesting that he had part timers in Dumbarton punching above their weight yet full timers not living up to their potential. I think he has some ability as a coach but obviously not enough to get St. Mirren firing.

I think the experienced players at the club have let him down.

I was a fan of the work he did at Dumbarton but the hibs job is a different beast altogether. He needed a bigger job first and it hasn't worked out.

I guess he'll learn from it. Back to the drawing board.

Andy74
12-12-2015, 07:29 PM

Hopefully slim to none.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 07:31 PM

Agree, he at least has recognised it's not working and took the honourable route out, sure that will stand him in good stead for what is sure to be an ultimately successful career in Management

emerald green
12-12-2015, 07:32 PM
It is interesting that he had part timers in Dumbarton punching above their weight yet full timers not living up to their potential. I think he has some ability as a coach but obviously not enough to get St. Mirren firing.

I was a fan of the work he did at Dumbarton but the hibs job is a different beast altogether. He needed a bigger job first and it hasn't worked out.

The bit in bold is possibly (probably?) correct. It's significant that he has resigned, rather than having been sacked. Or then again maybe he jumped before he was pushed?

St Mirren seem to be a club in serious decline at the moment.

J-C
13-12-2015, 02:07 PM
I think Boozy was a bigger influence at Dumbarton with his coaching ability, if anything, he has more chance of being a Hibs manager before Murray.

ancient hibee
13-12-2015, 08:10 PM

He had a hard job at Dumbarton but really they had a dreadful defensive record which should have set the alarm bells ringing for working at a higher level.

Forza Fred
14-12-2015, 09:32 AM
The bit in bold is possibly (probably?) correct. It's significant that he has resigned, rather than having been sacked. Or then again maybe he jumped before he was pushed?

St Mirren seem to be a club in serious decline at the moment.

I think St Mirren got rid of too many players at the end of last season.

Fine getting rid of players, but you have to replace them with better ones.

I think when Murray walked in he had difficulty in finding suitable replacements on the dosh he had available.

Thecat23
14-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I always laugh when folk say Murray will manage Hibs one day. I've no idea how or what they base this on? Is it because he was a fan? He's shown nothing at all that a club like Hibs would take him on. I see him floating alround lower leagues.

I would put my mortgage on he never manages us.

EH54
14-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Showed a lot of promise at Dumbarton maybe should have stuck around for another year or two for more experience before taking something else on. Good luck to the guy though hopefully he will bounce back and get something else.

heretoday
14-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Should have stayed at Dumbarton.

bigwheel
14-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Should have stayed at Dumbarton.

easy in hindsight....at the time, it looked like a good move for both him and the team.

Jim44
14-12-2015, 11:25 AM
I always laugh when folk say Murray will manage Hibs one day. I've no idea how or what they base this on? Is it because he was a fan? He's shown nothing at all that a club like Hibs would take him on. I see him floating alround lower leagues.

I would put my mortgage on he never manages us.

I can understand the sentiment of any club having a manager who has strong links with the club, but in this day and age this 'custom' is outdated. We have to go back to Turnbull to find a Hibs-minded manager who has had a really lasting reputation in the job. OK, there have been occasional highlights, such as Collins and the League Cup, but generally there's been nothing to write home about and I think we should always appoint the right person for the job, Stubbs being a good example, irrespective of his playing qualifications.