PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound weekly gripe

Kato
12-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Squeeky Biscuits telling bare faced lies about Hibs a minute or two ago. Claims Hibs could have had Griffiths for 90grand and questions whether Hibs will turn down any potential bid for Cummings. :rolleyes:

brog
12-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Squeeky Biscuits telling bare faced lies about Hibs a minute or two ago. Claims Hibs could have had Griffiths for 90grand and questions whether Hibs will turn down any potential bid for Cummings. :rolleyes:

Thats ridiculous, everyone knows it was £150k! :wink:

Bostonhibby
12-12-2015, 05:35 PM
He's bound to be a bit emotional and his judgement is understandably clouded since the ref forgot to give the yams their penalty today.

The only solution is to deflect and lash out at Hibs.

Top roaster.

Callum_62
12-12-2015, 05:36 PM
we probably could've got Griffiths for $90K.....from Dundee

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2015, 05:44 PM
But yams get confused about how much things cost and how much of that they intend to pay.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Getting paid to make things up and lie on national radio, embarrassing stuff.

givescotlandfreedom
12-12-2015, 06:33 PM
I take it they interviewed the Hibs support at half time about the referee's performance?

Lago
12-12-2015, 07:23 PM
we probably could've got Griffiths for $90K.....from Dundee
Dollars that would have been a bargin:greengrin

Leithenhibby
12-12-2015, 07:30 PM
But yams get confused about how much things cost and how much of that they intend to pay.

:greengrin

Libby Hibby
12-12-2015, 07:35 PM
I take it they interviewed the Hibs support at half time about the referee's performance?

Haha

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 07:40 PM
It's not just that shower, it's the clowns that follow them on Off the Ball, as soon as they mentioned Fans booing players at Easter Road, I switched off, not waiting around to see if they meant the Hibs fans booing the Incompetent refereeing and the melodramatic Falkirk players rather then the fans booing the Hibs team which was their implication [emoji90]

PatHead
12-12-2015, 07:52 PM
It's not just that shower, it's the clowns that follow them on Off the Ball, as soon as they mentioned Fans booing players at Easter Road, I switched off, not waiting around to see if they meant the Hibs fans booing the Incompetent refereeing and the melodramatic Falkirk players rather then the fans booing the Hibs team which was their implication [emoji90]

Heard it on my way home. They did clarify later that it was the ref getting booed. They also made a big deal about the announcer saying The Rangers were losing 2-1 during the game. I didn't hear that, did he really do it?

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Heard it on my way home. They did clarify later that it was the ref getting booed. They also made a big deal about the announcer saying The Rangers were losing 2-1 during the game. I didn't hear that, did he really do it?

Not that I heard in the West! Again more trolling from the half wits on Off the Ball...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 07:54 PM
Heard it on my way home. They did clarify later that it was the ref getting booed. They also made a big deal about the announcer saying The Rangers were losing 2-1 during the game. I didn't hear that, did he really do it?Nope. More made up rubbish.

kaimendhibs
12-12-2015, 07:55 PM

10/10

jabis
12-12-2015, 08:00 PM

Dearie me,you never heard the comments afterwards💎

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Dearie me,you never heard the comments afterwards[emoji184]

Obviously not.....as I mentioned I switched the radio over

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Nope. More made up rubbish.

Good to hear that someone else who was at the game didn't actually hear what Off the Ball are alleging....they are nothing but ' funny as a migraine' radio trolls, that's why I switch the radio over a soon as the theme tune for that Arse of a programme starts

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Some folk on here are funny like! Routinely mis report what was said ir quote it out of context. Or just switch it off before any things said but moan about it anyway!

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Some folk on here are funny like! Routinely mis report what was said ir quote it out of context. Or just switch it off before any things said but moan about it anyway!

I didn't listen to Off the ball for the reasons stated above, but others have stated that they mentioned that the Hibs stadium announcer made a statement over the PA about Morton winning, that is absolutely not true and thus I commented on it, I assume that the poster that made this statement listened to Off the ball and as such came out with the comment.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 08:17 PM
I didn't listen to Off the ball for the reasons stated above, but others have stated that they mentioned that the Hibs stadium announcer made a statement over the PA about Morton winning, that is absolutely not true and thus I commented on it, I assume that the poster that made this statement listened to Off the ball and as such came out with the comment.

I did until I got out the car which is why I asked.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:18 PM
I did until I got out the car which is why I asked.

[emoji106]

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:19 PM
I didn't listen to Off the ball for the reasons stated above, but others have stated that they mentioned that the Hibs stadium announcer made a statement over the PA about Morton winning, that is absolutely not true and thus I commented on it, I assume that the poster that made this statement listened to Off the ball and his came out with the comment.

I don't believe anything that folk say on here about what was said on the radio - I've been listening to the radio before on many occasions and came on here to read absolute rubbish written about what they heard.

I never heard this tonight but I wouldn't be surprised to listen to it in the i player and hear them say "they should've read the score out on the tannoy".

Some folk hear what they want to hear, others are paranoid and some just make stuff up so that those that don't listen to the BBC will agree with them.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't believe anything that folk say on here about what was said on the radio - I've been listening to the radio before on many occasions and came on here to read absolute rubbish written about what they heard.

I never heard this tonight but I wouldn't be surprised to listen to it in the i player and hear them say "they should've read the score out on the tannoy".

Some folk hear what they want to hear, others are paranoid and some just make stuff up so that those that don't listen to the BBC will agree with them.

Well I think we will just have to agree to leave it there then, PS I do listen to the BBC but not Off the Ball. As I have said they are nothing but half wit radio trolls.........

greenlex
12-12-2015, 08:28 PM

Not that I heard in the West! Again more trolling from the half wits on Off the Ball...

Nope. More made up rubbish.
They got clarification from non other than Charlie Mann. He said the announcer announced the Morton/ Hun score during the match. This is absolutely not true. WTF does Charlie Mann smoke? They did clear up that Hibs fans were booing the ref tho.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
They got clarification from non other than Charlie Mann. He said the announcer announced the Morton/ Hun score during the match. This is absolutely not true. WTF does Charlie Mann smoke? They did clear up that Hibs fans were booing the ref tho.

I guess they won't be getting the Pulitzer Prize for that stunning piece of Sports journalism any time soon [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-12-2015, 08:32 PM
A cheer went round the ground when folk heard that Morton had scored then he announced the attendance just after that. That goon should apologise but blethering pish. Won't hold my breath

jabis
12-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Obviously not.....as I mentioned I switched the radio over

Okay,carry on.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 08:35 PM

I really don't take kindly to being called a liar or fantasist. They did discuss it at length on Off the Ball as they had never heard it happen before. I certainly didn't hear it during the game, hence why I asked.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Okay,carry on.

I will and will continue to take those Clowns on Off the Ball to task when they spit pish that affects my club and is blatantly a misrepresentation of the facts

Libby Hibby
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I didn't hear it nor has this sort of behaiviour ever happened at ER ever, Ever, EVER

Totally made up nonsense

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
I really don't take kindly to being called a liar or fantasist. They did discuss it at length on Off the Ball as they had never heard it happen before. I certainly didn't hear it during the game, hence why I asked.

I didn't call you a liar or fantasist. But your post has kind of proved my point - thanks!

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:41 PM
I will and will continue to take those Clowns on Off the Ball to task when they spit pish that affects my club and is blatantly a misrepresentation of the facts

You can't take them to task if you don't listen.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:44 PM
You can't take them to task if you don't listen.

I did listen and heard the intro which was a blatant misrepresentation of the facts, others on this thread listened to the programme where the assertion was made regarding the announcer and the Rangers Morton game, again this is wholly untrue, I don't need to listen to every Turgid minute to make a comment on what I did hear or what others have categorically claimed was commented

PatHead
12-12-2015, 08:46 PM
I didn't call you a liar or fantasist. But your post has kind of proved my point - thanks!

So when you are commenting on my post you say "Some folk hear what they want to hear, others are paranoid and some just make stuff up so that those that don't listen to the BBC will agree with them."

To me that is accusing me of making things up (being a fantasist) or just lying. I would like an apology please.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:47 PM
I did listen and heard the intro which was a blatant misrepresent of the facts, others on this thread listened to the programme where the assertion was made regarding the announcer and the Rangers Morton game, again this is wholly untrue, I don't need to listen to every Turgid minute to make a comment on what I did hear or what others have categorically claimed was commented

It's up to you but you're at risk of looking really stupid by taking that approach - as I've said there's been threads on here this year complaining about something that didn't happen/was totally mis represented.

matty_f
12-12-2015, 08:48 PM
The guys on Off the Ball were only discussing what Charlie Mann reported.

wookie70
12-12-2015, 08:48 PM
They spoke about the announcer a number of times and even got confirmation from their man at the game. Clearly their man at the game was daydreaming as there was no announcement. Earlier they were also bleathering pish about if Hibs would sell Cummings and how we have form for missing out on players ie Griffith for £80/90K. No mention of the supposed £100K for McGinn and holding the Huns off for Scott Allen and certainly no mention of The Rangers selling anyone. To be fair they were in agreement that Hibs or Rangers would beat the team who end up in the play offs from the Premier League.

I just listen to it to hear Stubbs interview but no joy tonight

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM
So when you are commenting on my post you say "Some folk hear what they want to hear, others are paranoid and some just make stuff up so that those that don't listen to the BBC will agree with them."

To me that is accusing me of making things up (being a fantasist) or just lying. I would like an apology please.

:hilarious sue me.

I didn't even quote you!

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM
announcing scores elsewhere whilst a game is on is more a tacky classless thing the announcer at the Budgedome would do

CropleyWasGod
12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Every time I listen to Sportsound, I hear balanced reporting about Hibs. I often hear good stuff about us from Allan Preston.

Every time I don't listen to them, like today, they are biased.

Conclusion:- they're biased, and AP is a ****er, when I don't listen.

w pilton hibby
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM
I did listen and heard the intro which was a blatant misrepresent of the facts, others on this thread listened to the programme where the assertion was made regarding the announcer and the Rangers Morton game, again this is wholly untrue, I don't need to listen to every Turgid minute to make a comment on what I did hear or what others have categorically claimed was commented

Just to clarify, was this Sportsound or Off the Ball? The first is a mostly football reporting broadcast.

Off the Ball is the self proclaimed 'most petty and ill informed football show on radio'.

It appears that they have kept that up today.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Every time I listen to Sportsound, I hear balanced reporting about Hibs. I often hear good stuff about us from Allan Preston.

Funny that. I often find that to be the case as well.

Wonder why?

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:52 PM
It's up to you but you're at risk of looking really stupid by taking that approach - as I've said there's been threads on here this year complaining about something that didn't happen/was totally mis represented.

I don't think so.........the only ones Looking stupid are the clowns on Off the ball who by your own admission had to correct themselves regarding the point of the Hibs fans booing and then the blatant whopper of them asserting that the stadium announcer stated the Rangers Morton game score during the game, which many of here who were at the game including me have categorically refuted

PatHead
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Just to clarify, was this Sportsound or Off the Ball? The first is a mostly football reporting broadcast.

Off the Ball is the self proclaimed 'most petty and ill informed football show on radio'.

It was on Off the Ball about the announcement. I didn't hear Allan Preston at all.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM

Off the Ball [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

jabis
12-12-2015, 08:54 PM
:hilarious sue me.

I didn't even quote you!

A big thumbs up from me.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
I don't think so.........the only ones Looking stupid are the clowns on Off the ball who by your own admission had to correct themselves regarding the point of the Hibs fans booing and then the blatant whopper of them asserting that the stadium announcer stated the Rangers Morton game score during the game, which many of here who were at the game including me have categorical refuted

The tannoy boy never called the score out. I'll reserve judgement on how it was discussed on the radio until I hear it for myself - likely to have been misrepresented or misheard.

I don't think they corrected themselves on the booing either - all they said in the intro was that the boo boys were out at Ibrox and ER then in the show they said it was cos of the ref. No correction?

w pilton hibby
12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Off the Ball [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

It's an entertainment show. If it offends you then don't listen to it.

If its any consolation they were sending up Anne Budge on their afternoon show.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:57 PM

I don't! unfortunately I heard the intro this week

And as for sending up the Budgie .....well Cowan has form on that I guess, and ai have to say for a Jambo she actually comes across quite well and with some good ideas

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 08:57 PM

He doesn't listen to it.

jabis
12-12-2015, 08:59 PM

They weren't listening,turned off their radio😱

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 08:59 PM
He doesn't listen to it.

See my previous response, but yes correct

w pilton hibby
12-12-2015, 09:04 PM
I don't! unfortunately I heard the intro this week

And as for sending up the Budgie .....well Cowan has form on that I guess, and ai have to say for a Jambo she actually comes across quite well and with some good ideas

So you heard just enough to be offended but missed the part where they set the record straight. 😁

kaimendhibs
12-12-2015, 09:34 PM
The tannoy boy never called the score out. I'll reserve judgement on how it was discussed on the radio until I hear it for myself - likely to have been misrepresented or misheard.

I don't think they corrected themselves on the booing either - all they said in the intro was that the boo boys were out at Ibrox and ER then in the show they said it was cos of the ref. No correction?
They defo said Charlie Mann had said that the Rangers score was announced on the tannoy. Then said they would ask Charlie for clarification. Also said someone had texted to say the boos were for the ref. Have a long drive after game so heard all that on off the ball

Jonnyboy
12-12-2015, 09:38 PM

He's a Saville, it goes with the territory amongst his pundit mates

stokesmessiah
12-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Chick Dung at half time today "Rangers haven't really tested the Morton keeper in the first half" next sentence "Rangers should be four or five up"

:rolleyes:

God Petrie
12-12-2015, 09:44 PM
I don't think there's any institutional bias towards Hibs. We simply aren't that important.

What disturbs me is that it's acceptable that people who so blatantly froth at the gash at any ills which may befall the wee Catholic team it's acceptable to hate, are given the platform of the BBC without anyone saying "hold on can't we do better than this".

O'Rourke3
12-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Charlie Mann reported last season that Falkirk were awarded a goal and that the game kicked off then the ref changed his mind. None of which was true. I'm not even sure he's watching the game and is often "not available" or "technical difficulties" when they try and raise him. As for OTB they did open the programne with boo boys but when Stuart Cosgrove opened the item he made the distinction that at Ayebroke they booed the team and at ER it was the ref.

Tyler Durden
12-12-2015, 10:42 PM
It says a lot about BBC Scotland that Charlie Mann goes off embarrassing himself working for Romanov for a few years only to waltz back into Sportsound when he needs a job. Pathetic

RMQ1967
12-12-2015, 10:46 PM

I find the same; and then I come on here to find the usual whining about petty and uninformed comments.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
So you heard just enough to be offended but missed the part where they set the record straight. [emoji16]

My point is they should have bothered to get it right in the first place...... Rather than spouting unsubstantiated pish......

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 10:53 PM
My point is they should have bothered to get it right in the first place...... Rather than spouting unsubstantiated pish......

But then again if they are relying on Charlie Mann.......sounds like he is a serial fantasist.........

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 10:54 PM

They never got it wrong! They said there was booing and there was.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 10:56 PM
I think the words they used implied that the booing was for the home teams, so no I don't accept your point

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 10:58 PM
They never got it wrong! They said there was booing and there was.

They also said that the announcer stated the Rangers Morton score and he didn't ...........

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 10:59 PM
I think the words they used implied that the booing was for the home teams, so no I don't accept your point

Do you want an apology as well? :greengrin

whiskyhibby
No that's your view and I have stated mine.....don't see the problem

Danderhall Hibs
They also said that the announcer stated the Rangers Morton score and he didn't ...........

Did you listen to it on the iplayer?

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:00 PM
No have you? And I take it at face value the posts on here that said it happened

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:01 PM

So you are calling some of the posters on here liers?

PatHead
12-12-2015, 11:05 PM

You still saying I have made this up? Maybe you better find time to listen to it on the iplayer rather than making up that it didn't happen. Perhaps you are a fantasist along with Charlie Mann?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 11:06 PM
So you are calling some of the posters on here liers?

No. I'm saying that on many occasions fans let their emotion get the better of them and misquote or misrepresent or take things out of context.

Not heard the Charlie Mann bit yet though so not commenting on that specifically. All I've commented on is the uproar about the boo boy comment. I can see how folk might have been angry at that - most likely cos they wanted to be.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 11:07 PM
No. I'm saying that on many occasions fans let their emotion get the better of them and misquote or misrepresent or take things out of context.

Not heard the Charlie Mann bit yet though so not commenting on that specifically. All I've commented on is the uproar about the boo boy comment. I can see how folk might have been angry at that - most likely cos they wanted to be.

Not because it happened?

whiskyhibby
Danderhall Hibs

Make your mind up , first of all your implying people are making up the Charlie Mann comment and then you are implying that he did make the comment..........I give up !

Danderhall Hibs
You still saying I have made this up? Maybe you better find time to listen to it on the iplayer rather than making up that it didn't happen. Perhaps you are a fantasist along with Charlie Mann?

No - you probably missed my last post. I plan to listen to it tomorrow.

Meanwhile I expect and demand an apology for the Charlie Mann comparison.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 11:08 PM
Not because it happened?

They said there was booing at Easter road. There was.

Folk got angry about that?

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 11:09 PM
Make your mind up , first of all your implying people are making up the Charlie Mann comment and then you are implying that he did make the comment..........I give up !

That's good I was finding it difficult to dumb my posts down for you.

You should just switch me off and listen to what everyone tells you I said.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:09 PM

Yes because the tone of it implied it was the fans booing the Home team.......

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:10 PM
That's good I was finding it difficult to dumb my posts down for you.

You should just switch me off and listen to what everyone tells you I said.

Why, I'd rather listen to your comments and challenge them when required

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Why, I'd rather listen to your comments and challenge them when required

Give me a shout when you start challenging them.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Give me a shout when you start challenging them.

Yawn.......

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Yes because the tone of it implied it was the fans booing the Home team.......

If you listened to the start of the show you'd see they said it was aimed at the ref.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 11:12 PM

Didn't hear that part of the radio show so can't really comment but folk might be getting annoyed at getting combined with the The Rangers in booing the team off at half time.

Getting out of this thread before I get accused of being Charlie Mann and I have to apologise to folk. :greengrin

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:13 PM
If you listened to the start of the show you'd see they said it was aimed at the ref.

I did listen to the start of the show ( the intro) and no, irrespective of what you say they categorically did not mention the Ref

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Didn't hear that part of the radio show so can't really comment but folk might be getting annoyed at getting combined with the The Rangers in booing the team off at half time.

Getting out of this thread before I get accused of being Charlie Mann and I have to apologise to folk. :greengrin

Likewise, ......goodnight all Hibbies!

hibby6270
12-12-2015, 11:21 PM

Absolute garbage!! No announcement over loud speakers of The Rangers going behind.

Definitely a word of mouth message went round from all those keeping an eye on scores with their mobiles. Don't think that's quite the same as an announcer message to everyone.

Spotsound / Off The Ball - away wi' ye!!

givescotlandfreedom
13-12-2015, 12:17 AM
I'd like to see Hibs categorically refute Charlie Mann's lies that there was an announcement of the Hun score during our game. If people believe that it makes us look classless as a club. Expecially given the 'tax man' incident not too long ago where an announcer's services weren't retained for going against a club instruction in the name of piss taking.

lord bunberry
13-12-2015, 09:47 AM
I didn't listen to OTB, but I did hear Preston say Hibs could have got Griffiths for 90k, but we wouldn't pay the money. Thankfully I arrived home soon after that and left the car and didn't listen any further.

3pm
13-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Why was Leigh Griffiths even being discussed?

Danderhall Hibs
13-12-2015, 09:52 AM
I didn't listen to OTB, but I did hear Preston say Hibs could have got Griffiths for 90k, but we wouldn't pay the money. Thankfully I arrived home soon after that and left the car and didn't listen any further.

I heard that bit as well - missed how the conversation got to that stage but definitely heard the £90-100k figure mentioned.

I thought that had all been rejected a couple of years ago but couldn't remember who by - was it just someone ITK or was it someone who actually knows?

greenlex
13-12-2015, 10:00 AM
I heard that bit as well - missed how the conversation got to that stage but definitely heard the £90-100k figure mentioned.

I thought that had all been rejected a couple of years ago but couldn't remember who by - was it just someone ITK or was it someone who actually knows?
They were trying to drum up a debate about the transfer window and if we could add to or sell players. Cummings in particular. They were comparing the difference in our transfer activities now and when the Griffiths myth was on the go.

O'Rourke3
13-12-2015, 10:03 AM
Why was Leigh Griffiths even being discussed?

Heard this driving home but had got out the car by the time Charlie "Turner Prize" Mann's claim came on. First of all they'd finished the interview with Mixu. DU is the deep doodoo. So who was going to strengthen in the window? It was Chic Young that reckoned no one would want to play either Hibs, Falkirk or Rangers as it stands and the teams most likely to spend and strengthen would be Hibs and Rangers. Who is likely to leave or be sold on, only Hibs were mentioned. Jason being the most obvious. Preston reckoned they'd hold on unless a bid for millions came in as they'd see the need to hold on to a natural goal scorer. But it would test the resolve of the board who in the past had refused to spend, eg Leigh G a few seasons back, "...apparently they could have got him for, what, 80,or 90 thousand" it went something like that.

Mikey09
13-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Then I suggest you don't listen a bit more to confirm to yourself that they are biased... :greengrin

Mikey09
13-12-2015, 10:18 AM
I take it when they were discussing possible players leaving in the transfer window, Cafu Travernier, Foghorn Waghorn and future England No1 Fodderingham were mentioned? No?! :greengrin

Kato
13-12-2015, 10:55 AM

So says Mr Perfect Ears.

CropleyWasGod
13-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Then I suggest you don't listen a bit more to confirm to yourself that they are biased... :greengrin
Haha.

Maybe they're on their best behaviour when I listen. I'm glad to say that's very seldom these days, given my born - again addiction to actually going.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mikey09
13-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Haha.

Maybe they're on their best behaviour when I listen. I'm glad to say that's very seldom these days, given my born - again addiction to actually going.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:greengrin

O'Rourke3
13-12-2015, 03:16 PM
I take it when they were discussing possible players leaving in the transfer window, Cafu Travernier, Foghorn Waghorn and future England No1 Fodderingham were mentioned? No?! :greengrin

Only other player mentioned was Dundee U's Scougal who looked like he might be moved on as he looked a likely target for other teams -before he turned to merde of course....

Sir David Gray
13-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Only other player mentioned was Dundee U's Scougal who looked like he might be moved on as he looked a likely target for other teams -before he turned to merde of course....

Who?

Dundee United don't have anyone with the surname Scougal in their squad. :confused:

Do you mean John Souttar?

3pm
13-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Who?

Dundee United don't have anyone with the surname Scougal in their squad. :confused:

Might be Spittal.

Bishop Hibee
13-12-2015, 04:31 PM
It says a lot about BBC Scotland that Charlie Mann goes off embarrassing himself working for Romanov for a few years only to waltz back into Sportsound when he needs a job. Pathetic

:top marks Says it all about the incestious nature of Scottish media. Don't get me started on Chris McLaughlin's daughter getting a job with Sportsound. Utterly useless and proof nepotism is alive and well at the beeb.

O'Rourke3
13-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Who?

Yes I do.....:whistle:

grunt
14-12-2015, 07:14 PM
There seems to be a discussion about a Rangers signing from 26 years ago on now.
This is exactly the sort of discussion I've been happy to have not been hearing for the last three years.

Radium
14-12-2015, 07:20 PM
There seems to be a discussion about a Rangers signing from 26 years ago on now.
This is exactly the sort of discussion I've been happy to have not been hearing for the last three years.

That started with the story of a Hibs signing from 36 years ago

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2015, 12:06 AM

:aok: That's been my point in this thread - folk hear one thing and complain about it while disregarding the other stuff.

greenlex
15-12-2015, 03:20 AM
:aok: That's been my point in this thread - folk hear one thing and complain about it while disregarding the other stuff.
the guest was Bill McMurdo and they were chatting about amongst others two of his charges. Non other than The Belfast Boy and Mo Johnston.

grunt
15-12-2015, 11:29 AM

I didn't hear that bit. When I turned on they were talking about Mo Johnston.

Danderhall Hibs
15-12-2015, 11:05 PM
I didn't hear that bit. When I turned on they were talking about Mo Johnston.

That's what I was saying earlier in the thread about mist stuff being either taken out of context or misheard.

Still not listened back to Saturday's OTB though.

greenlex
19-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Well the two petty and ill informed roasters at it again tonight. Granted I didn't finish listening to the whole program.but before I left the car they were taking great delight in reporting a pitch invasion after we scored. anything for a reaction eh? Did Charlie Mann confirm this week?

Danderhall Hibs
19-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Well the two petty and ill informed roasters at it again tonight. Granted I didn't finish listening to the whole program.but before I left the car they were taking great delight in reporting a pitch invasion after we scored. anything for a reaction eh? Did Charlie Mann confirm this week?

Apparently tipping Hibs for the league as well. The *******s.

SausageSurprise
19-12-2015, 11:12 PM

Tam & Stuart only spoke about what was reported to them, when Stuart Cosgrove mentioned invasion Tam Cowanwas quick to say that the young lad was only just celebrating and that the use of the word Invasion was far too strong

Billychaotic182
19-12-2015, 11:17 PM
I like sportsound and off the ball.

Danderhall Hibs
19-12-2015, 11:21 PM
Tam & Stuart only spoke about what was reported to them, when Stuart Cosgrove mentioned invasion Tam Cowanwas quick to say that the young lad was only just celebrating and that the use of the word Invasion was far too strong

Thanks for the context.

scotia44
20-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Chick dung thinks hibs and ref's behaviour was disgraceful

Here we go chick and the bbc fabricate the facts like last week and mccann claiming the pa told us the gers score

The ref offered a drop ball qos offered no player as they wanted to waste time so the ref frustrated at the antics dropped the ball Fontaine collects the drop ball and continued

The ref and Fontaine were not to blame the blame lies with QOS time wasting and failing to control the physio*

Alex Trager
20-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Here we go chick and the bbc fabricate the facts like last week and mccann claiming the pa told us the gers score

The ref offered a drop ball qos offered no player as they wanted to waste time so the ref frustrated at the antics dropped the ball Fontaine collects the drop ball and continued

The ref and Fontaine were not to blame the blame lies with QOS time wasting and failing to control the physio*

Are they moaning about the way we won the game?

Onion
20-12-2015, 01:14 PM

QOS claims are a complete joke. There was a long passage of play after the drop ball where 5 Hibs players touched the ball under challenge over at least 100 yards of travel. No defence for QOS ... literally.

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2015, 01:22 PM
I heard Chics assessment of the drop ball situation and it bore no relation to what actually happened. He reckoned Hibs should have given the the ball back to Queens yet omitted to mention that Hibs were in possession of the ball when the ref stopped the game. How on earth can you give someone back something they didn't have in the first place. A total clown.

monarch
20-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Chick Young stated that Fontaine shouldhave given the ball back
to QOS. How can that be when Hibs were in possession at the time of the stoppage ! I do wish west coast media"experts" would get their facts right before commenting on all things non Weedge.
I suppose we'd better get used to this nonsense on the run up to next week.

SausageSurprise
20-12-2015, 01:27 PM
All this namsy pansy fair play ***** really boils my piss. I pay my money to see two teams competing (that's if the opposition player bothers to compete 😜) not to see players give the ball back to the opposition for a *****y wee ripple of applause. If it's not in the rules then it should not be being discussed

number9dream
20-12-2015, 01:46 PM
I heard Chics assessment of the drop ball situation and it bore no relation to what actually happened. He reckoned Hibs should have given the the ball back to Queens yet omitted to mention that Hibs were in possession of the ball when the ref stopped the game. How on earth can you give someone back something they didn't have in the first place. A total clown.

??Chico Young was at Celtic Park yesterday, so how on earth was he in a position to offer comment on an incident in a game he wasn't at??

O'Rourke3
20-12-2015, 01:56 PM

Are they moaning about the way we won the game?

Chick Young stated that Fontaine shouldhave given the ball back
to QOS. How can that be when Hibs were in possession at the time of the stoppage ! I do wish west coast media"experts" would get their facts right before commenting on all things non Weedge.
I suppose we'd better get used to this nonsense on the run up to next week.

Apologies for the multi quote but was there a programme today? Young was at Parkhead so how the hell can he have an opinion that merits responding to? I don't think Preston - who was at the game made too much fuss - but there was a gap in the broadcast for me between us scoring and me getting out the ground .....

Alfred E Newman
20-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Apologies for the multi quote but was there a programme today? Young was at Parkhead so how the hell can he have an opinion that merits responding to? I don't think Preston - who was at the game made too much fuss - but there was a gap in the broadcast for me between us scoring and me getting out the ground .....
A lunchtime slavers show with Chico, Tom English and Liam Craig as guest. While comparing the Arabs fall from grace there were some interesting comments from Liam about Butchers management skills when Hibs were in free fall. Nothing that hasn't been said before though.
On another point, after yesterday's game I don't think there was a post match report by Biscuits or interview with Stubbs. None after last weeks game either.

ancient hibee
20-12-2015, 03:57 PM
The whole point re the injury is that there was nothing wrong with the player.Preston said he left the field for attention-he didn't because he didn't need any-he left the field because the ref called on the physio.He tried to con the ref and suffered for it-I suspect the ref knew as well-good on him.

Peevemor
20-12-2015, 04:27 PM
The whole point re the injury is that there was nothing wrong with the player.Preston said he left the field for attention-he didn't because he didn't need any-he left the field because the ref called on the physio.He tried to con the ref and suffered for it-I suspect the ref knew as well-good on him.

Exactly. Also, instead of heading straight off the pitch, he took the longest diagonal route possible to try to waste more time.

greenlex
20-12-2015, 04:47 PM

I've just watched the sportscene scoreboard thingy as the scores were coming in yesterday. Cosgrove was s guest in the studio and got the " invasion". Info along side the viewers from non other than Alan Presfon.

green day
20-12-2015, 05:27 PM
A lunchtime slavers show with Chico, Tom English and Liam Craig as guest. While comparing the Arabs fall from grace there were some interesting comments from Liam about Butchers management skills when Hibs were in free fall. Nothing that hasn't been said before though.
On another point, after yesterday's game I don't think there was a post match report by Biscuits or interview with Stubbs. None after last weeks game either.

Yes, I heard it in the car on way home.

Preston was pretty even handed (in some ways complimentary), talked up the obvious spirit and desire in the team, that we fought for the three points, missed a few chances and how the place went absolutely mental when we scored.

He did mention the controversy - but did point out that it was James Fowlers opinion that it was controversial - biscuits certainly didnt say there was anything wrong.

So, all in all I cant really fault Prestons assessment of the game.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2015, 05:48 PM

News just in on this!

Cowan said something like "I might have misheard Charlie Mann doing oam but it sounded like he said they done a rallying cry over the tannoy and told everyone the score".

Spiers goes "no I think he said that there was a roar when the fans heard the score on their radios"

Approx. 1h3m into the show on the iplayer. Go ahead and listen.

Look forward to receiving my apology.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2015, 06:04 PM

Charlie Mann wasn't even on the show.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2015, 06:05 PM

:aok:

greenlex
20-12-2015, 08:11 PM
Charlie Mann wasn't even on the show.

It's was Cosgrove who said that Charlie Mann Had confirmed the tannoy announcement. Why are you still going with this? Did you even listen to it like you said you would or are you just trolling?

Hiber-nation
20-12-2015, 08:26 PM
5 pages about absolutely nothing.

As bad as giving Derek Lyle 4 pages!

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2015, 08:35 PM
It's was Cosgrove who said that Charlie Mann Had confirmed the tannoy announcement. Why are you still going with this? Did you even listen to it like you said you would or are you just trolling?

Listened to it this afternoon - that's where I got the hour and minutes from. Your post read as if they had got Charlie Mann on to confirm about the tannoy whereas actually they said they thought they heard him say.

Not trolling just confirming for the guys that don't listen and unfortunately rely on folk on here to provide their outrage.

greenlex
20-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Listened to it this afternoon - that's where I got the hour and minutes from. Your post read as if they had got Charlie Mann on to confirm about the tannoy whereas actually they said they thought they heard him say.

Not trolling just confirming for the guys that don't listen and unfortunately rely on folk on here to provide their outrage.
I don't know what's the saddest. That good Hibees are bickering over an average radio show or that you actually listened to it a week later.😂Peace brother.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2015, 08:41 PM
I don't know what's the saddest. That good Hibees are bickering over an average radio show or that you actually listened to it a week later.😂Peace brother.

I know! I was keen to find out who was slavering pish though; I had my suspicions.

And obviously I wanted to get myself out of the legal issues that were arising early in the thread.

Lago
20-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Yes, I heard it in the car on way home.

Preston was pretty even handed (in some ways complimentary), talked up the obvious spirit and desire in the team, that we fought for the three points, missed a few chances and how the place went absolutely mental when we scored.

He did mention the controversy - but did point out that it was James Fowlers opinion that it was controversial - biscuits certainly didnt say there was anything wrong.

So, all in all I cant really fault Prestons assessment of the game.
Like you listen in the car and agree with every thing you say.

One Day
20-12-2015, 09:00 PM

This is exactly how I saw it.