PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris

greenlex
11-12-2015, 09:28 PM
This laddie will never be the player he could have been. Shame really. Edit - MOTM. Really?

erin go bragh
11-12-2015, 09:33 PM
Yes . His potential ruined by that Motherwell thugs tackle.

GGTTH

brog
11-12-2015, 09:36 PM
This laddie will never be the player he could have been. Shame really. MOTM. Really?

I thought he was better tonight than for a long time but IMO he just doesn't do enough. His first touch & control was way ahead of the other players on the park but his reading of the game is poor. He hangs back hoping for something to happen rather than trying to make it happen. As you say, a shame. There's still a player there but his confidence & self belief has gone.

greenlex
11-12-2015, 09:40 PM
I thought he was better tonight than for a long time but IMO he just doesn't do enough. His first touch & control was way ahead of the other players on the park but his reading of the game is poor. He hangs back hoping for something to happen rather than trying to make it happen. As you say, a shame. There's still a player there but his confidence & self belief has gone.
I think that's it in a nutshell Brog. The ability to take a game like that by the scruff of the neck but seems happy to go with the flow. Too many poor choices and still hiding.

Pete
11-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I think that's it in a nutshell Brog. The ability to take a game like that by the scruff of the neck but seems happy to go with the flow. Too many poor choices and still hiding.

I don't think he's hiding, it's more about conserving energy as he's at his best when he's facing the opposition and using bursts of pace. I thought he did Ok tonight but it's like he's lost a bit of that ability to burst into life since his injury.

SausageSurprise
11-12-2015, 10:10 PM

GGTTH

He also wasn't helped by that pair o' C**TS Butcher and Malpas' bullying tactics

inglisavhibs
11-12-2015, 10:38 PM

Doesn't seem to be aware that it's his job to create and score goals. Too often just passes inside and stands still. No great will to get in the box and commit defenders or take them on. I fear his days at Hibs are gone which is disappointing given the potential he showed as a youngster. As an aside I hate watching football on artificial surfaces and don't think I could watch Hibs regularly if they ever switched.

erin go bragh
11-12-2015, 10:39 PM
He also wasn't helped by that pair o' C**TS Butcher and Malpas' bullying tactics

Very true but he never recovered from that injury . The early promise he had virtually disappeared and he looked a different player .

GGTTH

B.H.F.C
11-12-2015, 10:53 PM

GGTTH

Not mentally strong enough. One tackle shouldn't finish you.

Shame, I thought he was going to be a quality player.

fishybeaver
11-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Boys only 21 far from finished ffs

silverhibee
11-12-2015, 11:09 PM

He's turned in to a "safe" player, feared to take a chance in case he f***s up.

blackpoolhibs
11-12-2015, 11:13 PM
I'd actually forgotten about him.

nickwhibs
11-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Boys only 21 far from finished ffs

Exactly.

Greenblood70
11-12-2015, 11:35 PM
When Harris burst on the scene I really thought we had a diamond on our hands. His first touch was superb and he had an effortless turn of pace when running with the ball. I was hopeful he'd kick on and we'd see him fulfil the fleeting talent he showed.

Unfortunately the injury and his rumoured treatment under Butcher/Malpas seems to have knocked the stuffing out of him. He's got (or certainly had) the raw materials imo, it seems to be a confidence/mental thing with him now. I hope he makes a career out the game but I dont think now it will be at the top level (even in Scotland).

Geo_1875
12-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Not mentally strong enough. One tackle shouldn't finish you.

Shame, I thought he was going to recuperationquality player.

6 months out at his age was a huge blow to his development. And not getting back in the team regularly held back his recuperation. Deserves a chance wherever he ends up.

California-Hibs
12-12-2015, 12:38 AM
I'd actually forgotten about him.

Same here! He was simply not good enough.

Pete
12-12-2015, 04:59 AM
As an aside I hate watching football on artificial surfaces and don't think I could watch Hibs regularly if they ever switched.

You can change your team but no matter how hard you try, you can't change your playing surface.

jacomo
12-12-2015, 09:56 AM
I have no idea if Alex Harris will play for Hibs again or have a good career.

But as we also have a thread running on here about Duncan Watmore, I wouldn't like to write him off just yet.

Alfred E Newman
12-12-2015, 10:22 AM
Yet another, let's slag off Alex Harris thread. Pathetic.

Hibee87
12-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Same here! He was simply not good enough.

shhh our not allowed to say that about our yourth players, i said the same about booth and used to get shot down

FranckSuzy
12-12-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm not slagging Harris off but AS and John Doolan were very candid in their assessment of him at Thursday's St. Pat's meeting. Doolan said he was the player that impressed him the most when he first arrived at ER but basically, whilst they feel he has all the attributes to make it, he has to want it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Yet another, let's slag off Alex Harris thread. Pathetic.

But the person asking the biggest questions about him is Stubbs.

tamig
12-12-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm not slagging Harris off but AS and John Doolan were very candid in their assessment of him at Thursday's St. Pat's meeting. Doolan said he was the player that impressed him the most when he first arrived at ER but basically, whilst they feel he has all the attributes to make it, he has to want it.

That's interesting. I really hope AH can have a future with us. Did the guys indicate how they saw things going with him after his loan spell?

J-C
12-12-2015, 01:33 PM

This has been mentioned a few times on here by a lot of people, many questioning his desire to succeed, great skills but lacking the heart needed to get to the top.