PDA

View Full Version : Stubbsy at St Pat's meeting tonight

Glorious St Pat
10-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed tonight and well done Gogs and the boys organising it getting Stubbs, Doolan and Craig along for a very frank Q&A session. Very moving speech from Brandon Walker's uncle too RIP.

Loved Stubbsy's honesty and hearing his philosophy. Special mention to his comments about the the Rangers which went down well. Question from Suzy about DEEK and sadly he won't be joining us in any capacity.

Futures bright.

bigstu
10-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Sounds great. Any more details about what was said?

garys
10-12-2015, 11:34 PM
What a great night it was! On behalf of the Hibernian Disabled Supporters Association we would like to thank the St Patrick's Branch for the invitation of our members along to this fantastic night! The HDSA would also like to pass on our condolences to Brandon Walkers family at this really sad time! The whole Hibernian family's thoughts are with you all!
R.I.P. Brandon
GGTTH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glorious St Pat
10-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Sounds great. Any more details about what was said?

Stubbsy rejected an offer from a club recently but went onto to say that his ambition is to get promoted. Very happy with the club, has complete trust in his staff and players. Also confident of promotion and that we've got the the Rangers "rattled". His best player he's played with was Rooney.

PatHead
11-12-2015, 12:08 AM
He also talked about how he found Easter Road intimidating as a player and always had hard games there. He said how important it was for supporters to get behind the team, how much he appreciated the support he and the players get as it makes a difference. Finally supporters really needed to put excuses aside and come back to games.

We need the support.

HH81
11-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Stubbsy rejected an offer from a club recently but went onto to say that his ambition is to get promoted. Very happy with the club, has complete trust in his staff and players. Also confident of promotion and that we've got the the Rangers "rattled". His best player he's played with was Rooney.

When is his contract up?

PatHead
11-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Should add he sees us as "comfortably a top 6 Premiership side" and "we could equip ourselves well with nothing to fear in the top league"

jacomo
11-12-2015, 12:16 AM
When is his contract up?

He signed an extension in the summer, til summer 2017 I think.

HH81
11-12-2015, 07:59 AM
He signed an extension in the summer, til summer 2017 I think.

Cheers seems odd asking him to sign another one a couple of months later. Good to see him being honest with the answers though, like it.

Onceinawhile
11-12-2015, 08:02 AM
Cheers seems odd asking him to sign another one a couple of months later. Good to see him being honest with the answers though, like it.

I think it was another club he rejected the offer from.

HH81
11-12-2015, 08:04 AM

Good point cheers I need to read better. Would have thought it would have been an English club.

KeithTheHibby
11-12-2015, 12:51 PM

Does that means Hibs allowed him to speak to this club? How else could Stubbs reject them? Unless of course the club are duty bound to advise him if there is anything official.

Islington Hibs
11-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Does that means Hibs allowed him to speak to this club? How else could Stubbs reject them? Unless of course the club are duty bound to advise him if there is anything official.

wasn't at the meeting but don't think we should get too hung up on this. He stayed here. Seems to me he wants to get the job done (promotion) but clearly if he was to get a really good offer you couldn't blame him. All we can do is play our part but encouraging the team and hopefully in numbers.

Northernhibee
11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
The way he does things is really respectful. Like Colin Calderwood he isn't a born and bred Hibby so doesn't have as much of an emotional tie with us as some would, but he clearly would like to be a part of a big club down south if he gets the opportunity but unlike Colin Calderwood he seems set on leaving us in a good position and giving us all his attention, and also won't go with the bag of sweeties bull**** talk to try and garner attention.

If a big Championship club came in for him in the close season and we'd been promoted I'd be disappointed that he's gone but would want him to do as well as he could as he's an absolute gentleman when it comes to Hibs.

Glorious St Pat
11-12-2015, 05:52 PM
The way he does things is really respectful. Like Colin Calderwood he isn't a born and bred Hibby so doesn't have as much of an emotional tie with us as some would, but he clearly would like to be a part of a big club down south if he gets the opportunity but unlike Colin Calderwood he seems set on leaving us in a good position and giving us all his attention, and also won't go with the bag of sweeties bull**** talk to try and garner attention.

If a big Championship club came in for him in the close season and we'd been promoted I'd be disappointed that he's gone but would want him to do as well as he could as he's an absolute gentleman when it comes to Hibs.

Totally agree - he also said that he has high standards and ambitions that he's instilling into everyone at the club. Also he want to leave a legacy of "good memories" for us fans after he's gone.

He also thinks we are a better team without Scott Allan considering whose come in to replace him. Still in contact with him and wishes hmm well but he had to do what was best for the club at the time. He was prepared to leave Allan in the stand for the year but that wouldn't have helped anyone - club or player.

whiskyhibby
11-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Totally agree - he also said that he has high standards and ambitions that he's instilling into everyone at the club. Also he want to leave a legacy of "good memories" for us fans after he's gone.

He also thinks we are a better team without Scott Allan considering whose come in to replace him. Still in contact with him and wishes hmm well but he had to do what was best for the club at the time. He was prepared to leave Allan in the stand for the year but that wouldn't have helped anyone - club or player.

Just confirms we are lucky to have him and vice versa for giving him his start as a Manager.........long may the relationship flourish GGTTH

God Petrie
11-12-2015, 07:54 PM

Stubbsy do you fancy talking to Real Madrid? "Nah". Offer rejected - hibs didn't let him speak because it didn't get that far is what it sounds like.