PDA

View Full Version : Crowd for Falkirk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Stubbs saying he's hoping for a big crowd as it's our first home game in 3 weeks. I'm hoping for the same too!

Get along if you can and hopefully the weather has calmed down by then. Lets get a good crowd for the team and young Brandon! They deserve it.

GGTTH

Albanian Hibs
10-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Cant wait. Got the rod stewart tribute act at the hibs club that night. Hopefully a hibs win in front of a decent crowd will set us up for a good night.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Anything around 11 or 12 thousand would be fantastic. Can I see it happening, probably not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALF TUPPER
10-12-2015, 04:05 PM
I think there will be a big support from us. The Bairns will bring a few too.
Big game. I predict 14k + 😋

#GGTTH

MartinfaePorty
10-12-2015, 04:32 PM
2 non-Hibs supporting mates coming, although for a few beers and a catch-up as much as the football!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
10-12-2015, 05:21 PM
I read Alan Stubbs`comments online earlier, and get the impression he has been a little disappointed at the poor numbers backing the team at home despite some excellent performances and results contributing to the fine run we are on. Hopefully he will get his wishes for a good turnout for this and the QoS game next week, as he and his team deserve it.

NAE NOOKIE
10-12-2015, 06:13 PM
Anything around 11 or 12 thousand would be fantastic. Can I see it happening, probably not!

Yeh 11 or 12 thousand would be nice.

The bridge being down could affect Fife Hibbies and the weather is going to be pretty cold with possible rain or snow by 3pm. Add to that the usual hope being beaten to a pulp by reality situation we tend to end up with on these occasions I would be happy with anything over 10K.

B.H.F.C
10-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Every home game I hope we'll see some kind of increase but it just doesn't happen. Falkirk will bring a reasonable crowd which should see us get somewhere between 9-10k imo.

Nitten Hibee
10-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Hibs have gave tickets to armed forces veterans for this game. I have two for me and my son in the west hopefully swell the crowd a little

Sir David Gray
10-12-2015, 07:11 PM

It will be less than 10,000.

Golden Bear
10-12-2015, 07:19 PM

Yip. 9409 to be precise. The half season packages don't kick in until January but hopefully Falkirk will bring a half decent support with them.

GreenCastle
10-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Looking forward to this one :agree:

Can someone tell me what Behind the Goals is like as I've never been ? (food / drinks / games on TV? busy? )

I have a ST but wanted to take a friend (non ST holder) is that allowed?

Golden Bear
10-12-2015, 07:31 PM

Can someone tell me what Behind the Goals is like as I've never been ? (food / drinks / games on TV? busy? )
U

I've always found BTG ok but there are plenty of others who think differently! At least you know your cash is going to benefit the Club, it's been busy enough when I've been there, good tv coverage of live games and the food goes down well - especially appreciated by the kids!

Carheenlea
10-12-2015, 07:32 PM

It`s never going to feature in CAMRA`s great beer guide, but it`s a decent enough place to go for a couple of pints before the game. On two levels - the first floor level child friendly and with that the drinks are served in plastic glasses but the second floor is for adults only and the beer is served in glass tumblers. The food is your basic pies and chips etc and there are plenty television screens showing any games on at the time. Busy, but not overly busy and airy and comfortable. Bookies on site as well. I`m more of a Hibs Club man, but occasionally go to BTG for a change.

iwasthere1972
10-12-2015, 07:33 PM

Never bought food from there so really can't comment on that side of things from my eating experience. My brother on the other hand has had food from there and eaten it. Mind you he would eat anything. :agree: They recently changed from Carling to Tennents lager which I much prefer. I think it's about £3.20 a pint. If you are taken children with you then go to the bar on the first floor but the only downside (apart from the children) is that you will have plastic instead of a pint glass. The bar on the second floor serve drinks in glasses.

I use the FF now and again bit because I hate standing (and it's pretty difficult to get a table unless you arrive early) I tend to have a couple of drinks up town.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2015, 07:36 PM

Yes a season ticket holder is allowed to take a +1 with them to BTG.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 07:49 PM

Agree but it really shouldn't be. Don't understand why fans aren't there this season.

Ronniekirk
10-12-2015, 07:49 PM
I think there will be a big support from us. The Bairns will bring a few too.
Big game. I predict 14k + 

#GGTTH

What are you on Alf ( a large dose of optimism ) :wink:

Pete
10-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Agree but it really shouldn't be. Don't understand why fans aren't there this season.

It's our second season in the second tier. Winning or not, it's always going to have an effect.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 08:01 PM
It's our second season in the second tier. Winning or not, it's always going to have an effect.

That's the sad reality.
We've moaned about having a ***** football team for years and now we've got a cracking one and attendances are pish.
Look at Rangers, 5 years in lower leagues and they still get 40k most weeks. Obviously, much bigger fan base but there should be more than 9k at Easter Road at 3pm on a Saturday!

ALF TUPPER
10-12-2015, 08:01 PM
What are you on Alf ( a large dose of optimism ) :wink:

Hahahahaha Defo Ronnie 😂

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2015, 08:05 PM
That's the sad reality.
We've moaned about having a ***** football team for years and now we've got a cracking one and attendances are pish.
Look at Rangers, 5 years in lower leagues and they still get 40k most weeks. Obviously, much bigger fan base but there should be more than 9k at Easter Road at 3pm on a Saturday!

Agreed. Hearts sold out pretty much every home game last season aswell.

GreenCastle
10-12-2015, 08:06 PM
I've always found BTG ok but there are plenty of others who think differently! At least you know your cash is going to benefit the Club, it's been busy enough when I've been there, good tv coverage of live games and the food goes down well - especially appreciated by the kids!

It`s never going to feature in CAMRA`s great beer guide, but it`s a decent enough place to go for a couple of pints before the game. On two levels - the first floor level child friendly and with that the drinks are served in plastic glasses but the second floor is for adults only and the beer is served in glass tumblers. The food is your basic pies and chips etc and there are plenty television screens showing any games on at the time. Busy, but not overly busy and airy and comfortable. Bookies on site as well. I`m more of a Hibs Club man, but occasionally go to BTG for a change.

Never bought food from there so really can't comment on that side of things from my eating experience. My brother on the other hand has had food from there and eaten it. Mind you he would eat anything. :agree: They recently changed from Carling to Tennents lager which I much prefer. I think it's about £3.20 a pint. If you are taken children with you then go to the bar on the first floor but the only downside (apart from the children) is that you will have plastic instead of a pint glass. The bar on the second floor serve drinks in glasses.

I use the FF now and again bit because I hate standing (and it's pretty difficult to get a table unless you arrive early) I tend to have a couple of drinks up town.

Yes a season ticket holder is allowed to take a +1 with them to BTG.

Thanks for the feedback and help.

Do you need to get there pretty early to get a seat or are there plenty available? Cheers again.

Sir David Gray
10-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback and help.

Do you need to get there pretty early to get a seat or are there plenty available? Cheers again.

The top floor is usually very busy any time I've been there.

I would recommend getting there as early as you can if you want to get a seat at a table.

Pete
10-12-2015, 08:16 PM
That's the sad reality.

Rangers, and also hearts to an extent, have had this bounce effect from what they see as rough treatment for their club from the authorities. A circling of the wagons as they rise back to the top again against everyone elses wishes.

The reality is that both clubs were leniently punished but their fans have this self-pitying trait that binds them together. We, on the other hand, have also done it to ourselves but have nobody else to blame.

When our cracking team is back in the top flight we will get the bodies back.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 08:23 PM
Rangers, and also hearts to an extent, have had this bounce effect from what they see as rough treatment for their club from the authorities. A circling of the wagons as they rise back to the top again against everyone elses wishes.

The reality is that both clubs were leniently punished but their fans have this self-pitying trait that binds them together. We, on the other hand, have also done it to ourselves but have nobody else to blame.

When our cracking team is back in the top flight we will get the bodies back.

Opinions differ.

Our away following is always pretty good but home support is utter rank. Although, the 13k tickets for the Semi will undoubtedly be snapped up in no time!

Anyway, folk who aren't at ER are missing out on some really, really good football for the first time in years.

Hibbyradge
10-12-2015, 08:26 PM

Pete
10-12-2015, 08:32 PM
Opinions differ.

Our away following is always pretty good but home support is utter rank. Although, the 13k tickets for the Semi will undoubtedly be snapped up in no time!

Anyway, folk who aren't at ER are missing out on some really, really good football for the first time in years.

So what's your opinion regarding them selling out compared to our "utter rank" gates?

Are they just better fans than we are?

Cheshire Hibby
10-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Coming up for this match so +1

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 08:38 PM
So what's your opinion regarding them selling out compared to our "utter rank" gates?

Are they just better fans than we are?

I'm not going into a "who's the better fans" debate.

I'm simply stating that 9,000 fans at Easter Road on a Saturday when we've got a team pushing Rangers for the title is simply not good enough.

Like I've said, we have a hardcore group of amazing fans, some of the best in Scottish football who follow the club whenever they can but we have some who only got when it's a big game or we've made it to Hampden.

Lago
10-12-2015, 08:44 PM

Well it is the 2nd tier of Scottish football, weather forecast is poor and Christmas is just round the corner. If 10k turn up I would be happy with that.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Well it is the 2nd tier of Scottish football, weather forecast is poor and Christmas is just round the corner. If 10k turn up I would be happy with that.

I understand that Christmas is just around the corner mate and it's not just Saturday, our attendances have not been good enough all year.

Pete
10-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I understand that Christmas is just around the corner mate and it's not just Saturday, our attendances have not been good enough all year.

Substitute Christmas for the utter drivel we've had to put up with for the last eight years then.

Most clubs would be down to about 900, never mind 9000.

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2015, 08:53 PM
BBC weather for sat

Light rain from 1pm-3pm, 3 degrees (no not the group) C= 37f.... damn well cold

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Substitute Christmas for the utter drivel we've had to put up with for the last eight years then.

Most clubs would be down to about 900, never mind 9000.

What's the last 8 years got to do with it?

How can we not support Stubbs, Dempster and the entire squad without bringing up our past?

I for one could not give a **** about our recent history and I'm loving watching this Hibs team every week.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2015, 09:01 PM

How can we not support Stubbs, Dempster and the entire squad without bringing up our past?

I for one could not give a **** about our recent history and I'm loving watching this Hibs team every week.

Some folk really are clueless, people who have gone for years have given up and found other things to do now. Not everyone is as die hard as some folk appear to be.

Lago
10-12-2015, 09:03 PM

No I agree attendance at ER has been disappointing, but on top of everything else, unlike the last time in this division there is just a lack of excitement around Scottish football in general. It all adds up I'm afraid.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Some folk really are clueless, people who have gone for years have given up and found other things to do now. Not everyone is as die hard as some folk appear to be.

Completely missed my point. I'm not expecting 20k at ER every week and I'm not expecting everyone to come back but 9k is pish and there is no denying that.

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 09:11 PM
No I agree attendance at ER has been disappointing, but on top of everything else, unlike the last time in this division there is just a lack of excitement around Scottish football in general. It all adds up I'm afraid.

Agree to a certain extent, top league is boring mate but this battle between rangers & us for the title will be a cracker imo

cabbageandribs1875
10-12-2015, 09:13 PM

a heck of a lot

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Completely missed my point. I'm not expecting 20k at ER every week and I'm not expecting everyone to come back but 9k is pish and there is no denying that.

You are completely missing the reasons why crowds are what they are, recent history might mean nothing to you, but it certainly means a lot for those not attending.

So much so they don't attend even with a winning team.

Nobody even mentioned 20k crowds apart from you?????

FromTheCapital
10-12-2015, 09:17 PM
You are completely missing the reasons why crowds are what they are, recent history might mean nothing to you, but it certainly means a lot for those not attending.

So much so they don't attend even with a winning team.

Nobody even mentioned 20k crowds apart from you?????

What I meant by that is I'm not expecting massive crowds when the likes of Alloa etc come to ER and for some, recent history will be a reason but for me personally, I've moved on from that like many others have. From Calderwood to Butcher, it's been one giant **** up and I suppose it's just refreshing to see a good manager and good players sending those who do go, happy every week.

Pete
10-12-2015, 09:20 PM

Going round in circles a bit but I think these people might gradually start putting the bowls back in the garage if we have a great team AND are in the top flight. It's not enough doing it in the second division.

blackpoolhibs
10-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Going round in circles a bit but I think these people might gradually start putting the bowls back in the garage if we have a great team AND are in the top flight. It's not enough doing it in the second division.

Lets hope so Peter. :agree:

J-C
10-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Unfortunately I won't be there on saturday, working a day shift then have the Tremonti gig at the Liquid Rooms at 6pm, gutted cause I've enjoyed the last few games.

SteveHFC
10-12-2015, 11:15 PM
Hopefully 10000 at most.

PatHead
10-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Is iy a Hibs kids game or is that QoS?

Gatecrasher
11-12-2015, 05:53 AM

I'm with you on this one, the way we are playing I would have thought the hibs fans would be backing this team. 9k isn't a good crowd for us. But people will just use excuses for not going rather than saying they just can't be arsed, like last year it was that we aren't putting up a title challenge or talking about stuff that happened years ago. They would rather moan about rod Petrie or ticket prices than give this hibs team a shot, which is a shame because it's a really good group of players and we'll end up losing them if the fans don't back them.

Ringothedog
11-12-2015, 07:44 AM
Hopefully 10000 at most.

Why only 10k at most, surely you want to see more than 10k ?

For what it's worth I think we will get around 11k.

we are hibs
11-12-2015, 07:49 AM
the support is there as has been proven by the decent crowds against Aberdeen and Dundee united where the east stand was close to being full on both occasions.

Brightside
11-12-2015, 08:39 AM
I will be surprised if we get 9000 tbh..and there is nothing else the club can do about it.

Broken Gnome
11-12-2015, 08:54 AM
Why are people thinking that Falkirk at home after three weeks off and 15 unbeaten would barely bring in anymore in than we did against Dumbarton? We've not barely been at home on a Saturday in three months as well.

Don't care how many people are staying away - there's enough still attending on a semi-regular basis and its a big enough game to warrant a bounce to 10k.

Albanian Hibs
11-12-2015, 09:37 AM
is iy a hibs kids game or is that qos?

qos

GreenCastle
11-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Was at ticket office earlier and was busy - half season tickets / ibrox tickets and Falkirk all being bought.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Hospitality for this one. Looking forward to it. Tough game ahead though!

Dashing Bob S
11-12-2015, 10:56 PM
I think we might get a decentish crowd of about 12k

lucky
11-12-2015, 11:24 PM
I will be surprised if we get 9000 tbh..and there is nothing else the club can do about it.

That's my thinking on this. A cup final and promotion will bring the fans back not a excellent run in the league. Hibs fans have been through it all before, looking great then failure.

Keith_M
12-12-2015, 07:50 AM
That's my thinking on this. A cup final and promotion will bring the fans back not a excellent run in the league. Hibs fans have been through it all before, looking great then failure.

When we had a great run in the second tier in 98/99, we got crowds of 12-14,000 for the bigger games around Christmas time.

It would be nice to see that again.

Ringothedog
12-12-2015, 08:22 AM

And therein lies the reason that Stubbs will leave sooner rather than later- lack of support at Easter Road.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2015, 08:43 AM
When we had a great run in the second tier in 98/99, we got crowds of 12-14,000 for the bigger games around Christmas time.

It would be nice to see that again.

But we were running away with the Leaugue and had Le God and Latapy pulling the strings and were scoring for fun and dare I say it ,we were spending out with our means and had the biggest player squad I can recall .Big Eck brought in players that hardly featured ( was Holden ? Not one I think I remember his earrings and that's about it ) then brought in someone else .
You probably need to Factot in the pre Chrismass shoppers and those that would of gone but need to save the money to,put to an X mass present ,but that apart the current form of the squad ,and fact we haven't been at home for three weeks ,should see an uplift in attendance for home crowd,Falkirk
will bring a healthy crowd so should be between 11 to 12 thousand in total .

If home crowd is under 10',00 then it's clear Blackpool Hibs is right ,apart from exciting or later stages Cup games ,we have lost a core of our support to other activities ,as under the current circumstances ,I can't think of anything else we can do to attract fans back apart from ldrastically reducing pricing for one game just to see what effect this has
Trying to persuade my Daughter to go to this one ,but she hasn't committed yet ,but she is in the process of buying a house ( see there is always an excuse,oh and she finds it hard to keep warm sitting in these big exposed Stands ,and she is a vegararian so food choice no great )

Ronniekirk
12-12-2015, 08:49 AM
And therein lies the reason that Stubbs will leave sooner rather than later- lack of support at Easter Road.

It will play a factor as it limits his funds to strengthen team ,and will probably feel he deserves more fan backing for what he has achieved ,but ultimately his ambition to manage at top level ,coupled with right club offering him that opportunity will be what leads to him leaving ,just like Mowbray did when he must of thought the Hibs Team he had ,were capable of going on and winning Silverware ,which is exactly what they did the next season

Leith Green
12-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Maybe so.. But what Stubbs is overlooking is how bad things were and for the length of time the fans suffered misery after misery.

Its very easy to stick the boot into fans who decided enough was enough and havent returned, we are coming along nicely but have delivered nothing of any great note when you consider the level we are playing at. Hopefully we get promoted and start getting the lapsed fans back through the gate again..

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 09:59 AM
I can't wait for today's game!

Expecting a good atmosphere and 3 points to remain unbeaten at home in the league.

marinello59
12-12-2015, 10:02 AM
I can't wait for today's game!

Expecting a good atmosphere and 3 points to remain unbeaten at home in the league.

Aye.
Hibs at 3pm on a Saturday, the only place to be.:thumbsup:

Seekyit
12-12-2015, 10:35 AM
My 6th game this season, right up for this...

Ringothedog
12-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Maybe so.. But what Stubbs is overlooking is how bad things were and for the length of time the fans suffered misery after misery.

Its very easy to stick the boot into fans who decided enough was enough and havent returned, we are coming along nicely but have delivered nothing of any great note when you consider the level we are playing at. Hopefully we get promoted and start getting the lapsed fans back through the gate again..

How far back do we go feeling sorry for ourselves? The only people that can pull us out of the position we are in at the moment is the fans. Every extra person is more money to the club which goes to improving our squad and more importantly every extra fan is more backing to the players on the pitch. Let's get behind the team they deserve it.

mghibs
12-12-2015, 10:40 AM
gutted no to be there today, will be cheering on from London :flag:

mutley
12-12-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm back in the country, and will be there, 1st game this season for me.

Green Fish
12-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Whole family going today, my youngest is a mascot and v excited. It's Mrs G F first ever game, she's brought a magazine!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Stuarty27
12-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Online sales look not to bad, there will be over 10,000 there today

Ringothedog
12-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Online sales look not to bad, there will be over 10,000 there today

Online sales mean nothing today as tickets are moved to the pods for selling.

Lago
12-12-2015, 11:57 AM

It doesn't take long to get out of the habit once you stop going to games.

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Last season at ER V Falkirk

That Semi Final 21,227

Radium
12-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Quiet around the ground atm

LaMotta
12-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Quiet around the ground atm

9400 and something

Radium
12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
9400 and something

It did seem to fill up late, not bad in the end.

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Was it announced ?

Was good to see a reasonable turn out from the away end - though didn't hear many songs from them.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Was it announced ?

Was good to see a reasonable turn out from the away end - though didn't hear many songs from them.

Think they brought 700ish so a disappointing crowd.

Don't know what we can do to attract folk back. Long unbeaten run, playing attractive football and a match against 3rd top of the league.

Just not good enough.

jabis
12-12-2015, 07:18 PM

Don't know what we can do to attract folk back. Long unbeaten run, playing attractive football and a match against 3rd top of the league.

Just not good enough.

Glad I'm not going to your Christmas party.

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 07:18 PM

Just not good enough.

It's been done to death on here why crowds are lower.

The bottom line is if we want more at ER we need to continue to win / win league and or do something in a cup. Success will bring fans back.

We will sell out the semi final and have shown the fan base is still there but fans still have various reasons for not attending - some I understand more than others but after all the years of club mismanagement and big game let downs I can understand why some still stay away and won't come back till they feel change has fully occured.

Golden Bear
12-12-2015, 07:19 PM

Just not good enough.

Not enough young yins to replace the auld farts like me who don't need much of an excuse not to go now. Not sure how you persuade them to go though.

hibs0666
12-12-2015, 07:25 PM

Just not good enough.

No point in worrying about it - it is what it is

PatHead
12-12-2015, 07:27 PM
It's been done to death on here why crowds are lower.

The bottom line is if we want more at ER we need to continue to win / win league and or do something in a cup. Success will bring fans back.

We will sell out the semi final and have shown the fan base is still there but fans still have various reasons for not attending - some I understand more than others but after all the years of club mismanagement and big game let downs I can understand why some still stay away and won't come back till they feel change has fully occured.

So getting to a cup semi whilst beating 2 Premiership teams and winning umpteen games on the run isn't enough for some. We should have got over 10000 today.

A year or two ago it was keep Rangers out and I will buy a season ticket, no games at 3pm on a Saturday, our players aren't good enough, various other excuses also rolled out since then.

The bottom line is if you don't want to go just don't make excuses. Be honest (not aimed at you GD) and just admit you are no longer a supporter as you have other things to do or other priorities.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Not enough young yins to replace the auld farts like me who don't need much of an excuse not to go now. Not sure how you persuade them to go though.

You are right.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2015, 07:30 PM
So getting to a cup semi whilst beating 2 Premiership teams and winning umpteen games on the run isn't enough for some. We should have got over 10000 today.

A year or two ago it was keep Rangers out and I will buy a season ticket, no games at 3pm on a Saturday, our players aren't good enough, various other excuses also rolled out since then.

The bottom line is if you don't want to go just don't make excuses. Be honest (not aimed at you GD) and just admit you are no longer a supporter as you have other things to do or other priorities.

Are folk making excuses, i hear this banded about every week yet dont see any, in fact it's now taken as a fact?

People don't need an excuse when and where they spend their cash.

jabis
12-12-2015, 07:32 PM
You are right.

So what's the answer ?

Ozyhibby
12-12-2015, 07:36 PM
There are only 3 reasons left for people not to go.
1. Petrie
2. Not interested in Div 1 footy
3. Sickened by what happened over a sustained period of time and never coming back

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2015, 07:38 PM
1. Petrie
3. Sickened by what happened over a sustained period of time and never coming back

4 Found other things to do/spend their money on?

PatHead
12-12-2015, 07:39 PM
So what's the answer ?

I honestly don't know. Would be interested in others thoughts though.

Ozyhibby
12-12-2015, 07:40 PM
4 Found other things to do/spend their money on?

This team is worth paying to watch.

blackpoolhibs
12-12-2015, 07:43 PM
This team is worth paying to watch.

Maybe so, but i think many folk have just had enough and found other things to do now.

I have no idea what the club can do to attract these people back, if they can?

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 07:44 PM

No offence taken - I have a ST and make the effort when kick off times don't clash with other more important life committments.

I still know people who don't go due to various reasons and as much as I tell them we are playing better etc etc and they have watched games on TV...they still won't come because..(in no order)

RP / STF
Scottish Football lack of value for money
Expensive ticket prices
Crap kick off times / weather
Last few years being let down - time and time again both on and off the park

The answer is to win at a decent level - keep winning and bring some silverware to ER - lost count how many teams with less money have won cups over the years. These are occasions and memories that want you go support your club when the times are hard. Making it more affordable would also help even if we weren't winning every week as you feel you wouldn't be throwing away money. Fans want to be associated with a successful club that they can fully connected to.

greenginger
12-12-2015, 07:46 PM
1. Petrie

Missed the game today. In house , choked with stinking cold. Two others of our group would be missing too. Both grandchild minding while the parents did Christmas shopping.

We are all season ticket holders and would have been counted as " attending " by the Yams, Huns, Tims method of attendance calculation.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 07:51 PM
No offence taken - I have a ST and make the effort when kick off times don't clash with other more important life committments.

I still know people who don't go due to various reasons and as much as I tell them we are playing better etc etc and they have watched games on TV...they still won't come because..(in no order)

RP / STF
Scottish Football lack of value for money
Expensive ticket prices
Crap kick off times / weather
Last few years being let down - time and time again both on and off the park

The answer is to win at a decent level - keep winning and bring some silverware to ER - lost count how many teams with less money have won cups over the years. These are occasions and memories that want you go support your club when the times are hard. Making it more affordable would also help even if we weren't winning every week as you feel you wouldn't be throwing away money.

Hope they do come back but look at ICT, St Mirren or Killie. They didn't get a bounce.

Maybe as Blackpool says they have been lost

Golden Bear
12-12-2015, 07:59 PM
Hope they do come back but look at ICT, St Mirren or Killie. They didn't get a bounce.

Yip, I agree with Blackpool. However I do intend to purchase a half season but it's as much a donation to the Club as any commitment to attend every home game.

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 08:01 PM

Only time will tell - I believe we are going in the right direction though it needs to continue - ideally winning this league. Win the league or get promoted and ST sales will improve.

Get to the playoffs and crowds will improve / sell out.

Not so long ago we sold out ER in the new year derby.

ICT, St Mirren and Killie while maybe didn't see big crowd surges but they haven't been kicked in the balls as much as much as Hibs fans over the years.

You could actually praise Hibs fans for staying so loyal considering the mess we have been in since we won the league cup. We have taken some huge crowds to away games and games at Hampden.

IberianHibernian
12-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Keep reading these threads complaining about our crowds . Most seem to suggest there are thousands of Hibbies waiting to be attracted back and that we should be getting at least a couple of thousand more at each home game . Suggestions Stubbs and Leeane may leave because of poor response from fans . What are people basing this on ? I`ve supported Hibs since the late 60s and in all that time , having more than 10,000 home fans was only for really big matches ( European with lots of neutrals , odd Derby or big cup match ) . Clubs ( not just Hibs but cause we have a big capacity point is more relevant ) , rightly or wrongly , have emphasised importance of buying season ticket but that means STHs give their ticket to friends when they can`t go so walk up numbers are reduced . Meanwhile , how much is done to attract walk ups ? Tourists and above all lifelong Hibbies who can`t go to every match . Away fans ? Club chose to continue to charge top league prices after relegation deciding that that was best way to sign players who are better than others in our league - as in all businesses , those who took that decision , will be judged on the results ( onfield and financially ) but if anyone was / is expecting home crowds to rise significantly I think they`re being overoptimistic .

emerald green
12-12-2015, 08:15 PM
I honestly don't know. Would be interested in others thoughts though.

Just some thoughts. I don't have all the answers.

Maybe some of the criticism of Hibs attendances is really coming from the fact that Hearts are getting better attendances at all their home matches?

Is just under 10,000 for a game in the run-up to Christmas really all that bad for a club in its second consecutive season in the Championship playing teams like Alloa, Dumbarton and Livinston? Most Scottish clubs would be delighted with that level of attendance.

That's not to say the team and manager don't deserve more people turning up regularly at ER, but a lot of now lapsed supporters were sickened by the way the club was relegated and its going to be really hard to get them all back attending matches regularly at ER. Some I suspect are gone for good.

Hopefully if Hibs are promoted this will encourage a larger take up of season tickets. Maybe back up to nearer 10,000 season tickets if they are pitched at the right price, both to encourage sales and maintain a player budget that will allow Hibs to compete at the highest level.

Golden Bear
12-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Keep reading these threads complaining about our crowds . Most seem to suggest there are thousands of Hibbies waiting to be attracted back and that we should be getting at least a couple of thousand moreu at each home game . Suggestions Stubbs and Leeane may leave because of poor response from fans . What are people basing this on ? I`ve supported Hibs since the late 60s and in all that time , having more than 10,000 home fans was only for really big matches ( European with lots of neutrals , odd Derby or big cup match ) . Clubs ( not just Hibs but cause we have a big capacity point is more relevant ) , rightly or wrongly , have emphasised importance of buying season ticket but that means STHs give their ticket to friends when they can`t go so walk up numbers are reduced . Meanwhile , how much is done to attract walk ups ? Tourists and above all lifelong Hibbies who can`t go to every match . Away fans ? Club chose to continue to charge Itop league prices after relegation deciding that that was best way to sign players who are better than others in our league - as in all businesses , those who took that decision , will be judged on the results ( onfield and financially ) but if anyone was / is expecting home crowds to rise significantly I think they`re being overoptimistic .

While agreeing with most of your post there's no denying that attendances did show a significant increase during the Mowbray era but times and attitudes have changed even since then.

Sammy7nil
12-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Speaking to a friend today he said why not give free tickets to fans that sign up to HSL? Most would already be going to the game they would bring along a mate who may get the bug. Sign up to HSL get 2 free tickets for games when we will have 10,000 empty seats makes sense to me. HSL and the club should work on this.

IberianHibernian
12-12-2015, 08:40 PM
While agreeing with most of your post there's no denying that attendances did show a significant increase during the Mowbray era but times and attitudes have changed even since then.This century crowds probably went up significantly with McLeish cause of Sauzee and Latapy factor which attracted neutrals too and with Mowbray when we were lucky to have a great group of youngsters at the same time . More realistically , our crowds rose slowly but significantly at the end of 2012 when we were almost top of the SPL and on a great run of results home and away in league and cup . 3 years later we`re on a similar run of results but against weaker opposition and charging top division prices . I`m not an accountant so can`t say if decision not to reduce prices after relegation was correct or not but as a fan I think it was a huge mistake in short and especially long term .

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 08:41 PM
Folk who are still not coming back then **** them. Sick defending people who don't watch us. If they can't afford it that's totally different but if it's because we're in a lower league then they can **** right off!

Stubbs has built a great team its them who are missing out.

Sammy7nil
12-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Folk who are still not coming back then **** them. Sick defending people who don't watch us. If they can't afford it that's totally different but if it's because we're in a lower league then they can **** right off!

Stubbs has built a great team its them who are missing out.

Yip that will help improve the club / team :rolleyes: we need to work to get every single person through the gate.

HibbyAndy
12-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Yip that will help improve the club / team :rolleyes: we need to work to get every single person through the gate.

Agree.

Behave yersel Cat eh ?... To many beers is it ?.

IberianHibernian
12-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Speaking to a friend today he said why not give free tickets to fans that sign up to HSL? Most would already be going to the game they would bring along a mate who may get the bug. Sign up to HSL get 2 free tickets for games when we will have 10,000 empty seats makes sense to me. HSL and the club should work on this.Sounds like a good idea but would give offer to season ticket holders first ( in Spain season ticket holders are often given free tickets or almost free - 1 or 2 Euros ) so that they are not offended . Problem is always that STHs have numbered seats so hard to sit next to pals even in half empty stadium . Idea for next season whatever division we`re in - make half of South Stand for home or mixed fans with no seats numbered - sell unnumbered season tickets for there and unnumbered walk ups .

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM

Why? Hibs have worked very hard to get fans back. In fact if folk have to work to bring a fellow Hibs fan back that says it all really. You should want to watch Hibs now, not need to be dragged along.

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Agree.

Behave yersel Cat eh ?... To many beers is it ?.

I'm hungover so in a mood as well 😁

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
I'll ask the question.. Who on here has chucked going not because of prices just because you've found something else to do? And why aren't you going back?

Golden Bear
12-12-2015, 09:02 PM
I'll ask the question.. Who on here has chucked going not because of prices just because you've found something else to do? And why aren't you going back?

Me, because I'm auld, supported the Club since 1959 and reserve the right to choose my matches. Is that ok?

DaveF
12-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Maybe so, but i think many folk have just had enough and found other things to do now.

I have no idea what the club can do to attract these people back, if they can?

You are one of them so will have answer, no?

If you dont want to go anymore then there isn't anything the club can do. No matter how well we are playing.

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Me, because I'm auld, supported the Club since 1959 and reserve the right to choose my matches. Is that ok?

No... How dare you grow old!!

Golden Bear
12-12-2015, 09:17 PM
No... How dare you grow old!!

Never admit to it though. Oops!! The demon drink has spoken again!

BSEJVT
12-12-2015, 09:20 PM

Once you are in the habit of doing something, whether it's the gym or what have you it's easier to maintain it as its part of your routine.

If it's not a habit then little things get in the way that wouldn't if it was a habit.

I have taken up golf again pretty seriously and am a member of 3 clubs. I need to try and get some value out of those subscriptions.

Having played this morning and gotten home and warm again the thought of getting ready to go out and sit in the cold for 2 hours wasn't that appealing.

That and an hours travel at either end.

When I had a season ticket I wouldn't given it a thought.

I have been more times this season than last and will continue to go if and when.

I would guess the only catalyst for me getting a season ticket again would be if I had grandchildren that wanted to go.

PatHead
12-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Sounds like a good idea but would give offer to season ticket holders first ( in Spain season ticket holders are often given free tickets or almost free - 1 or 2 Euros ) so that they are not offended . Problem is always that STHs have numbered seats so hard to sit next to pals even in half empty stadium . Idea for next season whatever division we`re in - make half of South Stand for home or mixed fans with no seats numbered - sell unnumbered season tickets for there and unnumbered walk ups .

We did that last season against Cowdenbeath last season on Pat Stanton day. We couldn't get rid of the tickets.

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 09:39 PM
13,110 for the Aberdeen v Yams game today.

2nd v 3rd in top league.

Not great...

9153 - August 2014
9498 - January 2015

That Semi Final v Falkirk 21,227

This season

9459 - December 2015

PatHead
12-12-2015, 09:43 PM
13,110 for the Aberdeen v Yams game today.

2nd v 3rd in top league.

Not great...

9153 - August 2014
9498 - January 2015

That Semi Final v Falkirk 21,227

This season

9459 - December 2015

Someone on another thread said we got 12500 against them on the same date in our last relegation season. We need to start getting some of those folk back.

Golden Bear
12-12-2015, 09:47 PM
We did that last season against Cowdenbeath last season on Pat Stanton day. We couldn't get rid of the tickets.

As I said earlier, age profile is a major factor and football is not the only sport that is suffering. Too many alternatives now available for kids but how we get round that is a difficult question to answer.

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Once you are in the habit of doing something, whether it's the gym or what have you it's easier to maintain it as its part of your routine.

If it's not a habit then little things get in the way that wouldn't if it was a habit.

I have taken up golf again pretty seriously and am a member of 3 clubs. I need to try and get some value out of those subscriptions.

Having played this morning and gotten home and warm again the thought of getting ready to go out and sit in the cold for 2 hours wasn't that appealing.

I have been more times this season than last and will continue to go if and when.

I would guess the only catalyst for me getting a season ticket again would be if I had grandchildren that wanted to go.

See if you are a golfer and pretty good then that's fair dos, my nephew is the same. It's the folk who just point blank refuse to go now because of rubbish excuses.

I hate that so many are still staying away when we are playing well now! Come support the team if and when you can it makes a difference and can lift the boys.

Alfred E Newman
12-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Funny how after an important fixture like today has failed once again to attract a higher than average crowd, the same old posters who seem to spend half their life on here ,come on once again giving their numerous reasons for not going. If you don't want to go and support the club now thats disappointing but fine by me. Fortunately there are still plenty who are and the excellent backing from the crowd today helped the players battle for a valuable point.

whiskyhibby
12-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Funny how after an important fixture like today has failed once again to attract a higher than average crowd, the same old posters who seem to spend half their life on here ,come on once again giving their numerous reasons for not going. If you don't want to go and support the club now thats disappointing but fine by me. Fortunately there are still plenty who are and the excellent backing from the crowd today helped the players battle for a valuable point.

Agree, it's time to back the team, they did well today and have so over the last 16 matches, I'm at a loss as to why we get such poor attendances......

monarch
12-12-2015, 09:54 PM

A member of 3 golf clubs ? So you've got 3 sets of polo shirts, 3 sets of check trousers and 3 cardigans. Think you should follow the Yams.

Ronniekirk
12-12-2015, 10:10 PM
As I said earlier, age profile is a major factor and football is not the only sport that is suffering. Too many alternatives now available for kids but how we get round that is a difficult question to answer.

This is certainly part of the issue in that as we have lost supporters during The Petrie Years of appointing poor managers, then they haven't been bringing thier chidren and giving them the habit .
in the Mowbry years we had one of the best Young supporters clubs and on Hibs Kids days they could fill the whole of the South upper bug now you wouldn't really know it was a match for whatever the equivalent is now .
I said I thought there would be a pre Christmass dip for today but I still expected over 10 ,000 in total The fact it is down on last years attendance is baffling given that in January last year we were so far behind Hearts the Leaugue race was over.
Just now we are still right in it and we're playing the team that are pushing us for second .We. Hadn't played at home for three weeks and were on a winning streak and playing well .It is a concern and am sure it must be exercising minds of the Board ,but no one has come up with a solution that's worked to date apart from the luck of the cup draw that has paired us against Teams in the Leaugue above us midweek nights under the floodlights with reduced prices .

Lago
12-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Agree, it's time to back the team, they did well today and have so over the last 16 matches, I'm at a loss as to why we get such poor attendances......
A lot of people will never be back as regular attenders, the reasons will be varied but in truth they arent that important. As important is that the game in Scotland lacks excitment at all levels, the fixtures just lack appeal now and thats why more and more kids are seen with various EPL tops on their backs.
Be honest how many on here have Sky sports, why, so you can watch EPL, German and Spanish football, its sad but times have changed even in the last 5 years. Next year more big bucks go into EPL and I fear more eyes will look South.

Radium
12-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Two of our season ticket group didn't make it. One was in Newcastle for a works night out and my son stayed at home for double XP on a game he plays ... expect both back next week

Carheenlea
12-12-2015, 10:19 PM
A lot of people will never be back as regular attenders, the reasons will be varied but in truth they arent that important. As important is that the game in Scotland lacks excitment at all levels, the fixtures just lack appeal now and thats why more and more kids are seen with various EPL tops on their backs.
Be honest how many on here have Sky sports, why, so you can watch EPL, German and Spanish football, its sad but times have changed even in the last 5 years. Next year more big bucks go into EPL and I fear more eyes will look South.

Not me. I used to be a big football fan, but now my interest begins and ends with Hibs. If it wasn`t for going to watch Hibs I would have no interest in the sport nowadays whatsoever.

marinello59
12-12-2015, 10:22 PM

I hardly watch any fitba on Sky, plenty of other sports though. And when they do show a game I really want to see I am at it anyway. Hibs all the way for me. Scottish football may lack quality but it doesn't lack excitement.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 10:31 PM
I hardly watch any fitba on Sky, plenty of other sports though. And when they do show a game I really want to see I am at it anyway. Hibs all the way for me. Scottish football may lack quality but it doesn't lack excitement.

I got rid of Sky sports a couple of years ago. I still have access through a mates sky go but I rarely turn it on. When I have it's been pish - man city v man united was the last game I watched I think.

1875STEVE
12-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Duno what everyone is worried about, they will all the stay away's out the woodwork looking for a semi final ticket. :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Some interesting points...

Especially about Hibs Kids - I remember the days the upper south was filled. Not sure the current membership but the youngsters are vital. It seems the club is trying to grow links with the community and future generations.

A league title win / cup win would do wonders for the club financially and for the feel good factor.

Maybe the club should try another campaign to entice fans back - like the stand up and be counted one.

It seems the yams and sevco have been galvinised by both going out of business as clubs - both turmoil has brought both sets of fans closer together with the mindset of survival.

Maybe sell 10,000 ST's next summer and RP will leave campaign ? :wink: sell less and he stays!

cabbageandribs1875
12-12-2015, 11:50 PM

i do :greengrin and even though i don't pay for my sky i still don't watch any EPL games, nor german games, i'l watch Leeds utd if they're on and saint etienne, i've not even watched any CL games :)

Ozyhibby
13-12-2015, 03:31 AM

This is a Hibs specific problem. Most of our peers are doing well and getting good crowds.
I think it's going to be a long haul getting our fans back on side. We are going to have to win silverwear and start finishing above the yams and winning derbies. Probably need to get back in Europe as well.
While we can all see the improvement in the team this season, you still don't hear Hibs fans talking loudly and with pride about the club. We still have no bragging rights anywhere. It's hard to build feel good factor in such circumstances.
And of course we will have to do it with one hand tied behind our back with Petrie still hanging about.

Forza Fred
13-12-2015, 05:39 AM
See if you are a golfer and pretty good then that's fair dos, my nephew is the same. It's the folk who just point blank refuse to go now because of rubbish excuses.

I hate that so many are still staying away when we are playing well now! Come support the team if and when you can it makes a difference and can lift the boys.

But they DON'T NEED an excuse not to attend a football match!

Actions have consequences and the consequences of
nearly 7 years of gross under achievement have resulted in many getting out the habit of going to Easter Road.

Most of them WON'T be back.....not regularly at any rate.

In my own experience in Oz I followed my NSL team home and away every week.....friends knew not to invite us to gatherings because we would be at the fitba.....then wham 10 years ago the A League started and my team was ditched.

In 10 years I have attended a total of 2 A League games........and once out of the habit of attending it almost felt like a relief.

And sitting in freezing conditions with the rain peeing down watching the likes of Alloa or Dumbarton doesn't exactly need much of an 'excuse' to find something else to do I reckon!

marinello59
13-12-2015, 05:40 AM
While we can all see the improvement in the team this season, you still don't here Hibs fans talking loudly and with pride about the club.

Sorry to single out that comment but it jumped out at me. It's simply wrong, there are many of us proud of what the club is doing right now. If you look at the big picture there are many more reasons for us to go along to watch this team than not go.
Maybe if we shouted just as loudly about the positives driving us forward rather than letting the same old negatives drag people backwards we can start to increase the feel good factor that is building slowly but surely on match days.
I'm proud of this team. We've proved with the superb wins against Aberdeen, Dundee United and the high pressure victory over Sevco that we are well on the road back to where we all want to be. Yesterday's draw was a demonstration of the positive spirit that exists within the playing and management team. That certainly inspires me. It feels good being a Hibs fan right now and it's going to get better. Let's all enjoy it.

BSEJVT
13-12-2015, 06:26 AM
A member of 3 golf clubs ? So you've got 3 sets of polo shirts, 3 sets of check trousers and 3 cardigans. Think you should follow the Yams.

Excellent riposte

With a comment like that you have shown yourself to be an ignorant prejudiced fool.

Its probably escaped your blinkered view that some of the best athletes in the world are now golfers and that they carry themselves with a bit more style than your average footballer does.

I have seen more Hibs games than you will ever see and now that I cant play football anymore, I want / need something that enables me to compete.

Until I had to stop football at age 48 after 3 knee operations, football was probably at the centre of my universe.

Now I don't play I have got interested in Golf again as a replacement and its probably no coincidence that my interest in football generally isn't nearly as great since I stopped playing.

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2015, 06:42 AM
Sorry to single out that comment but it jumped out at me. It's simply wrong, there are many of us proud of what the club is doing right now. If you look at the big picture there are many more reasons for us to go along to watch this team than not go.
Maybe if we shouted just as loudly about the positives driving us forward rather than letting the same old negatives drag people backwards we can start to increase the feel good factor that is building slowly but surely on match days.
I'm proud of this team. We've proved with the superb wins against Aberdeen, Dundee United and the high pressure victory over Sevco that we are well on the road back to where we all want to be. Yesterday's draw was a demonstration of the positive spirit that exists within the playing and management team. That certainly inspires me. It feels good being a Hibs fan right now and it's going to get better. Let's all enjoy it.

Spot on and well said.
We've waited a long time to see a Hibs team take all the bad breaks on the chin like yesterday and refuse to accept defeat. Unfortunately the old negatives you mention come from the usual suspects week in week out.

rcarter1
13-12-2015, 08:52 AM
This is a Hibs specific problem. Most of our peers are doing well and getting good crowds.
I think it's going to be a long haul getting our fans back on side. We are going to have to win silverwear and start finishing above the yams and winning derbies. Probably need to get back in Europe as well.
While we can all see the improvement in the team this season, you still don't here Hibs fans talking loudly and with pride about the club. We still have no bragging rights anywhere. It's hard to build feel good factor in such circumstances.
And of course we will have to do it with one hand tied behind our back with Petrie still hanging about.

I think you've nailed a few good points here, and I agree our lack of crowds is very specific to our club/support. Hibs lost rafts of people over the last few years, and the circumstances under which they were lost have in some cases switched off the lights for people. I know plenty of folks who were season ticket holders and regulars 3+ years ago, that now barely even register an interest in the results, let alone go to games. I think you're also right about the bragging rights. This has always been a factor - as much as the quality of football, in getting people to games. I think the attendances will build over time, as long as we maintain the progression the club is making. If/when we get to the SPL next season, I hope the fact we are back in amongst it, will add a significant chunk to the attendances.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2015, 09:14 AM

Could it be that you and the others are not actually listening to the reasons folk who are not attending are giving?

Its clear people have stopped going, it might be a good idea to find out why, other than folk giving out the stock insult (not you) that they are fed up with people's excuses.

When in the real world nobody needs an excuse on where they spend their money.

whiskyhibby
13-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Could it be that you and the others are not actually listening to the reasons folk who are not attending are giving?

Its clear people have stopped going, it might be a good idea to find out why, other than folk giving out the stock insult (not you) that they are fed up with people's excuses.

Read my post, I think you'll find I make no such judgement......I like you want to understand why people are not attending and get Hibs to rectify it

Since1875Hibs
13-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Very, very quite yesterday. Was quite disappointed. More there than I thought given Christmas/night outs at this time of year.

Alfred E Newman
13-12-2015, 09:20 AM

We know all the various reasons why they are not going. They are on here every week telling us.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Read my post, I think you'll find I make no such judgement......I like you want to understand why people are not attending and get Hibs to rectify it

Sorry, i was not saying you did, i did put a (not you) into my post?

I'm pretty much convinced Petrie has done some irreversible damage with some fans, and his continued presence albeit in the background still gets their back up, it does mine.

I think folk have been sickened by his decisions as the main man in charge at the club over the years, that a lot of them have found something else to do.

Other reasons will be price, lack of value, getting older and the division we are in. There will probably be lots more REASONS why folk are not attending, i certainly don't have the answers, i wish i did.

Its clear a winning team in the 2nd tier of Scottish football is not enough to get those people back, i hope a winning team in the top league does.

HH81
13-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I didn't go yesterday. Might go next week, might not. Depends how trains run during week through Carlisle.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2015, 09:31 AM
We know all the various reasons why they are not going. They are on here every week telling us.

Aye of course they are, probably responding to another thread moaning about folks excuses about another poor crowd. :rolleyes:

Nutmegged
13-12-2015, 10:15 AM
I can understand why fans wont go, the price at Easter Road is ridiculous considering the Division we are in and the path the club have taken on it's way to this very position, the fkip side of the coin is people will say well keeping the prices as they are allows the club to have this squad and manager but it should be up to the club to invest not the fans, Adult Season Tickets should be £75-100 cheaper than what they are, individual tickets shouldn't be more than £20 and even then it should only be that price for Sevco games and the club should bmbe doing all it can to make Pay at the Gate a sensible viable affordable option

Keith_M
13-12-2015, 10:19 AM
As geography restricts my actual attendance at ER to single figures per season, I've decided to do my bit by buying Half Season Tickets as Christmas Gifts.

I realise it's not much financially but one OAP and one Child STs are about to be ordered. Hopefully this will encourage the recipients (Hi Dad ;-) ) to attend a bit more often. *

* Of course, it's also possible that he might never speak to me again, but them's the risks :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-12-2015, 10:31 AM
Are folk making excuses, i hear this banded about every week yet dont see any, in fact it's now taken as a fact?

People don't need an excuse when and where they spend their cash.
This is exactly the point. Also the difference between an excuse and a reason is subjective to their own point of view.

monarch
13-12-2015, 11:03 AM
Excellent riposte

With a comment like that you have shown yourself to be an ignorant prejudiced fool.

Its probably escaped your blinkered view that some of the best athletes in the world are now golfers and that they carry themselves with a bit more style than your average footballer does.

I have seen more Hibs games than you will ever see and now that I cant play football anymore, I want / need something that enables me to compete.

Until I had to stop football at age 48 after 3 knee operations, football was probably at the centre of my universe.

Now I don't play I have got interested in Golf again as a replacement and its probably no coincidence that my interest in football generally isn't nearly as great since I stopped playing.

Calm doon, it was meant as tongue in cheek.

SausageSurprise
13-12-2015, 11:24 AM
I can understand why fans wont go, the price at Easter Road is ridiculous considering the Division we are in and the path the club have taken on it's way to this very position, the fkip side of the coin is people will say well keeping the prices as they are allows the club to have this squad and manager but it should be up to the club to invest not the fans, Adult Season Tickets should be £75-100 cheaper than what they are, individual tickets shouldn't be more than £20 and even then it should only be that price for Sevco games and the club should bmbe doing all it can to make Pay at the Gate a sensible viable affordable option

Excellent post. Completely agree

greenlex
13-12-2015, 11:26 AM
New are the club.

Carheenlea
13-12-2015, 11:32 AM

If that was the case there would be no signings of the caliber like McGinn, McGeouch, Keatings etc and the standard would drop to 1st division standard and the club going on a downward spiral. The prices are value for the quality of player on show and entertainment on offer from this Hibs side, regardless of what division.

GreenCastle
13-12-2015, 12:03 PM
Crowds yesterday - not the greatest around the country.

6256 - United v Thistle
13110 - Sheep v Yams
2120 - Accies v Ross County
2775 - ICT v Killie
3512 - Motherwell v Dundee
41,815 - Sevco v Morton
9459 - Hibs v Falkirk

Yesterday was our 2nd highest of the league this season after the Sevco league game.

Since Stubbs has come in ER has been a much more enjoyable place to be and I feel you can relate to these players - 100% more of a connection between players and fans. Those not attending I feel are missing out (though as I said before I do understand some fans principles for not attending).

Getting promoted (ideally winning league) will definitely be a massive boost to ticket sales next season.

Onion
13-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Duno what everyone is worried about, they will all the stay away's out the woodwork looking for a semi final ticket. :rolleyes:

IMO one of the factors that's helped the team play with freedom and spirit this season is that most of the moaners in the stands have been flushed out, leaving those with the best intentions for the club behind. When Falkirk scored, there was no mass exodus, moaning or booing (as we've had so often), just a sense of "we can still get at these jokers and get something from the game". Ok, you could claim it's because we've better players and a decent manager, but IMO the team is helped tremendously by the support and understanding for the fans. It's self feeding.

Still think everyone who pays to get in has a right to express their views, positive or negative, but I'd much rather go along with 9000 crowds who support the team, with this team spirit, than bigger home crowds which inhibit the players. That helps no one.

Onion
13-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Crowds yesterday - not the greatest around the country.

6256 - United v Thistle
13110 - Sheep v Yams
2120 - Accies v Ross County
2775 - ICT v Killie
3512 - Motherwell v Dundee
41,815 - Sevco v Morton
9459 - Hibs v Falkirk

Yesterday was our 2nd highest of the league this season after the Sevco league game.

Since Stubbs has come in ER has been a much more enjoyable place to be and I feel you can relate to these players - 100% more of a connection between players and fans. Those not attending I feel are missing out (though as I said before I do understand some fans principles for not attending).

Getting promoted (ideally winning league) will definitely be a massive boost to ticket sales next season.

Agree 100%, Easter Road has been transformed over the last 12 months. And one of the reasons for that has been the positive nature of the remaining supporters.

marinello59
13-12-2015, 12:28 PM

I'm going to disagree with you. And agree. :greengrin
I think people have listened to people's reasons for not going including those running our club. We are all well aware why people are not going unless any new ones have emerged recently.
I agree with you that people don't need excuses not to attend football matches. There are reasons not to go and all of them are completely understandable. However there are more and more reasons to actually go along and support this Hibs team. You provided one on another thread, scoring an equaliser in injury time with only 9 men on the park had us buzzing as we left the ground yesterday and made for a very happy journey home.
The positives are increasingly outweighing the negatives. The reasons some are choosing not to return can't be ignored but surely the only way we can move forward is by focussing more on the positives. Going to see Hibs is fun again, it's heartbreaking that so many are missing out.

Malthibby
13-12-2015, 01:17 PM
I think people have listened to people's reasons for not going including those running our club. We are all well aware why people are not going unless any new ones have emerged recently.
I agree with you that people don't need excuses not to attend football matches. There are reasons not to go and all of them are completely understandable. However there are more and more reasons to actually go along and support this Hibs team. You provided one on another thread, scoring an equaliser in injury time with only 9 men on the park had us buzzing as we left the ground yesterday and made for a very happy journey home.
The positives are increasingly outweighing the negatives. The reasons some are choosing not to return can't be ignored but surely the only way we can move forward is by focussing more on the positives. Going to see Hibs is fun again, it's heartbreaking that so many are missing out.

:top marksYup, folk can choose not to attend, can find other things to do & get out of the habit, but I don't get folk saying what's happening now still doesn't merit a return. The Famous Five or Turnbull's Tornadoes
ain't coming back any time soon but we have a good team playing good football now& that's good enough for me.
Admittedly I would watch Hibs no matter what & I have, often through my fingers.:greengrin
GG

NAE NOOKIE
13-12-2015, 02:13 PM
I really don't know why its so hard to get our walk up support to come back, but in truth most clubs are having a struggle getting folk through the door, from Celtic to ICT the crowds aren't great. As somebody else pointed out, the only two clubs bucking the trend have the same thing in common that differs them from everybody else, so they cant be pointed to as examples of how the trend can be reversed.

The Elephant in the room is summer football:

We have to look at the customers / fans we are trying to hold on to, or attract as new fans, and that is people between the ages of 16 and 30 ..... they are unlikely to be the ones who are going to be against summer football because they do the garden or play golf at that time of year, but they are the ones with most disposable income next to people whose kids have grown up and left the nest.

They are the ones who will look out the window at the pissing rain or snow and go, screw that where's my Net Flix pass or go to the computer and stick on Call of Duty .... or worse stick on SKY / BT and watch games from the comfort of their armchair. Its a fact of modern life that most people now work indoors in non physical jobs and they do not look on freezing their extremities off as an enjoyable or acceptable part of an entertainment experience. Unless they are into Snowboarding.

The benefits of playing from March to October / November so outweigh the disadvantages that I'm not going to list them here and make this post 3 times longer ............... I just cant believe that we are fannying about with the League Cup instead of grabbing the bull by the horns.

blackpoolhibs
13-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Maybe you have, but week after week we have folk spouting on here they are sick of excuses about folk not attending, yet i really can't remember anyone trying to give an excuse on here why they are not going, and like you said nobody needs an excuse anyway?

What needs to happen is the club needs bigger crowds, how that is achieved and how the missing thousands are tempted back is the 64 thousand dollar question?

Jones28
13-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Having just moved to Linlithgow in hoping to get along to a lot more games for the second half of the season - starting with Queen of the South on Saturday!

Deansy
13-12-2015, 03:39 PM
So what's the answer ?

Winning the league this year would be a great start, after that, regularly ramming/humiliating the 'Charity Thieves' would be a great way to having the biggest support outside of the 'Old S*um'!

Needs to be something like that after years of the 'Just give us your money, shut-up and *****-off' treatment from the board.

Ozyhibby
13-12-2015, 07:45 PM

The 'Hertz see the light' thread is a good example of what I meant. Hibs fans reluctant to get stuck into the yams because of where we are. Only promotion and sustained success will fix that.

PatHead
13-12-2015, 08:15 PM

Invest what? The season money provides most of the funds the club have.

marinello59
13-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Maybe you have, but week after week we have folk spouting on here they are sick of excuses about folk not attending, yet i really can't remember anyone trying to give an excuse on here why they are not going, and like you said nobody needs an excuse anyway?

What needs to happen is the club needs bigger crowds, how that is achieved and how the missing thousands are tempted back is the 64 thousand dollar question?

It is indeed the 64000 dollar question. Perhaps we have to accept that there is no easy answer and when it comes to the feelings left by what happened on the past there isn't one at all for some people.
But... And it's a big but...whilst progress towards bigger crowds is small at the moment there is the possibility that we reach a point when the snowball effect kicks in. If fans like you can be won back to attending on a regular basis and telling others why they are going back despite their previous reservations then it can win others over.
I'm guessing you are a long way from going to every match again but can you see yourself going to a few more games during the rest of the season than you thought you would at the start of it?

marinello59
13-12-2015, 08:42 PM
The 'Hertz see the light' thread is a good example of what I meant. Hibs fans reluctant to get stuck into the yams because of where we are. Only promotion and sustained success will fix that.

I get why you say that but given their recent history we really shouldn't be scared to stick the boot in to them every chance we get.

cmcd
13-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Sad to see supporters leaving when Falkirk scored .These supporters missed a great fight back

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2015, 06:13 AM
It is indeed the 64000 dollar question. Perhaps we have to accept that there is no easy answer and when it comes to the feelings left by what happened on the past there isn't one at all for some people.
But... And it's a big but...whilst progress towards bigger crowds is small at the moment there is the possibility that we reach a point when the snowball effect kicks in. If fans like you can be won back to attending on a regular basis and telling others why they are going back despite their previous reservations then it can win others over.
I'm guessing you are a long way from going to every match again but can you see yourself going to a few more games during the rest of the season than you thought you would at the start of it?

I think that is a good point, one that hopefully comes true. On a personal note, i can't see me attending many games now.

I definitely have got out the habit, it just seems too much of an effort now. The days travelling takes it out of me, and the time and effort is in my opinion not worth it now.

I will attend the odd game, but like others have said i have found something else to do now. I found golf again that takes a fair bit of my time up.

I still watch every game on Hibs tv, the standard of that has improved so much that i watch it on my 55 inch tv and have enjoyed watching these games on a Sunday or Monday. I listen every week as even though i'm not attending, i'm still excited each matchday and want us to win.

The club really don't need to spend any time trying to coax me back, it's those who live on the doorstep who have stopped going they need to engage with.

I'm sure a winning side in the top league will bring people back. :pray:

Islington Hibs
14-12-2015, 08:11 AM
In an historical context I don't think our crowds are too bad- about par for the course. Poor against 10-15 years ago but from the late 70's to late 80's we often struggled to get 8000 in the top division. We are playing well but it is the second tier and off the back of many many years of 'poor value for money' and some real embarrassments. I think one of the factors that is causing so much focus on this is , like it or not, Hearts gates are the biggest in my living memory which, given how it has been achieved is pretty galling.

However there is are two separate issues as I see it. One is the wider context of Scottish football and the other is Hibs related. Scottish football has been mugged by the EPL- there is little money to compete and good players get snapped up. Second how do we make it a more interesting league. Dull , dull, dull that no one outside Celtic (and in time The rangers) can win the league. Somehow we need to make it more competitive- I have no idea how as it is down cash ultimately.

For Hibs we, after 30 years generally under-performance v Hearts, seem to have been losing our market share of youth support. There is a cycle of supporting - a lot stop going in their 30's due to family commitments/ moving away, so you need to keep the hopper topped up with new blood. It seems to me we have quite an ageing support. I think at last we are making a real effort here but ultimately in the playground it is about winning and that playing good football. Ultimately it is really simple. if people leave saying that was a good afternoon they are more likely to come back. Seems to me, after a long lull, we are starting to do that now, but it will take a long time to re-build.The good news is the base is still quite high.

Golden Bear
14-12-2015, 08:13 AM
In an historical context I don't think our crowds are too bad- about par for the course. Poor against 10-15 years ago but from the late 70's to late 80's we often struggled to get 8000 in the top division. We are playing well but it is the second tier and off the back of many many years of 'poor value for money' and some real embarrassments. I think one of the factors that is causing so much focus on this is , like it or not, Hearts gates are the biggest in my living memory which, given how it has been achieved is pretty galling.

However there is are two separate issues as I see it. One is the wider context of Scottish football and the other is Hibs related. Scottish football has been mugged by the EPL- there is little money to compete and good players get snapped up. Second how do we make it a more interesting league. Dull , dull, dull that no one outside Celtic (and in time The rangers) can win the league. Somehow we need to make it more competitive- I have no idea how as it is down cash ultimately.

For Hibs we, after 30 years generally under-performance v Hearts, seem to have been losing our market share of youth support. There is a cycle of supporting - a lot stop going in their 30's due to family commitments/ moving away, so you need to keep the hopper topped up with new blood. It seems to me we have quite an ageing support. I think at last we are making a real effort here but ultimately in the playground it is about winning and that playing good football. Ultimately it is really simple. if people leave saying that was a good afternoon they are more likely to come back. Seems to me, after a long lull, we are starting to do that now, but it will take a long time to re-build.The good news is the base is still quite high.

:agree:

The crux of the matter.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-12-2015, 08:58 AM

Spot on. Up until recently our fan database was described as "patchy". If we don't know who supports us (and buy what, when and how and at what price) we really are shooting ourselves in the foot. Hopefully the loyalty points setup is nailing this but what do we do to understand the profile of our support (so we can understand when there may be a dip in ability
to commit - heck we could even track it.

And as for our record against Hearts. Everyone at the club needs to understand that the Derby isn't just another game - another 3 points like any other. The Derby record provides a unique platform. Being a community club that must be understood.

But this platform needs to be built on solid footballing foundations and that is what has been neglected. That Hearts final was the alarm blaring but the mufflers were apparently on. Maybe the five year plan no one seemed to know about was rolling on?

Now we have more solid footballing foundations but the neglect has has its impact. We need to regain ground lost. Promotion, consolidation but we cannot rest on our laurels - as we did after the "golden generation" (and they were)

Hibeesforever
14-12-2015, 05:25 PM
The level of crowd is an issue and only through continued improvement will this be rectified. Comparison with Hearts should be made as this rivalry should help propel standards at the club.
Hibernian F.C. need a greater city presence in Edinburgh and with attractive personalities at the helm like Alan Stubbs and Leeann Dempster, the club is on the right track.
Fans that have lapsed will have their own reasons, although this team deserves major backing. To wait for semi's or finals is ridiculous really.
The youth need to be reminded at every point that Heart of Midlothian cheated Creditors and tax authorities. Hibernian have the infrastructure in place and I am confident that there will be many future matches worthy of the facilities. Our neighbours have a long way to travel to get close to our set up.

the pie eater
14-12-2015, 10:43 PM
I didn't go yesterday. Might go next week, might not. Depends how trains run during week through Carlisle.

I am on the 09.38 fi wigan on sat. Was up on sat. Train delayed over 30 mins going and over 30 mins on way back.As I left later 11.38 train me and Dave missed the 1st 20 mins. Waiting for compensation from Virgin hitting my bank acc. Do not expect any problems this sat. Though you never really know. That's the 1st time I have had any major delay and was expected.

HH81
16-12-2015, 06:53 AM
I am on the 09.38 fi wigan on sat. Was up on sat. Train delayed over 30 mins going and over 30 mins on way back.As I left later 11.38 train me and Dave missed the 1st 20 mins. Waiting for compensation from Virgin hitting my bank acc. Do not expect any problems this sat. Though you never really know. That's the 1st time I have had any major delay and was expected.

I am just checking the trains to see what delays been this week, most delays I have seen were around 30 mins. There is a live thing on trainline which is quite good for info.

In terms of Saturday meant to be snowing in Halifax so will wake up, have a brew and make a decision if going to drive to Preston or not. Good thing is a day return is only £40.00 which is cheaper than driving up alone anyway so turning up on day is not as bad as going through Leeds at about £100.00. May see you on that train then :agree::aok: