PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: OXLEY ON HIS IMPROVEMENT

RSS Bot
10-12-2015, 03:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5940)

Ozyhibby
10-12-2015, 03:12 PM
He has improved, a lot. Hate him saying so just before a match though. Makes me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2015, 04:38 PM
He has improved, a lot. Hate him saying so just before a match though. Makes me nervous.

Lets see if he can back it up on Sat.

Big_Franck
10-12-2015, 04:47 PM
He's been solid for us this season and he made some important saves at home against the rangers, aberdeen and dundee united. Long may it continue!

My_Wife_Camille
10-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Not at all ashamed to admit that I wasn't happy with him signing permanently. I thought last season and the beginning of this season that he was very poor, considering the standard of the league.

Since Ibrox he's been fantastic. I honestly think his improvement is a big a reason as any for our improved results this season.

Pretty Boy
10-12-2015, 05:18 PM
As with the rest of the 1st team squad he has been superb this season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2015, 05:24 PM

Lets see if he can back it up on Sat.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-12-2015, 08:26 PM
"He's awfully good" 🐯
#Oxleymorons

matty_f
10-12-2015, 10:28 PM
"He's awfully good" 🐯
#Oxleymorons

Very good!!

Fwiw, Oxley's had a great season imho.

The_Exile
10-12-2015, 11:14 PM
All the noise I hear from Easter Road is dripping with confidence. Excellent.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-12-2015, 04:48 PM
🙈🙈🙈🙈

R'Albin
12-12-2015, 05:03 PM
🙈🙈🙈🙈

What's the point?

My_Wife_Camille
12-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Oxley to blame, no doubt about it. Let's hope he bounces back again.

Hibbyradge
12-12-2015, 05:11 PM

Indeed.

Scottie
12-12-2015, 05:12 PM
The Ox has been fantastic this season all goalies have a mare every now and then. Time to get behind him next week again instead of sticking the boot in like we're prone to do. :agree:

hibee_girl
12-12-2015, 05:13 PM
A mistake was odds on after this article!

Greenblood70
12-12-2015, 05:20 PM
The Ox has been fantastic this season all goalies have a mare every now and then. Time to get behind him next week again instead of sticking the boot in like we're prone to do. :agree:

He'd shown massive improvement after a very poor opening to the season. He still doesn't fill me with any confidence and his is one of the positions in the squad we could improve/strenghthen imo.

brog
12-12-2015, 05:36 PM
A mistake was odds on after this article!

I thought exactly the same. Thing is we could have published this article anytime in last 3 weeks. Seemed to be tempting fate to do right before we play team just behind us in league!

Keith_M
12-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Oh dear, famous last words.

We have a lot to thank Morton for this weekend, as they limited DerHun to going further ahead.

Hibeesforever
12-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Agreed, articles like that about goalkeepers just shouldn't be written. Sense the whole club just got a bit over confident. Rangers dropping points has given us a reprieve. We can now switch on and win this league. Fans should turn out, the team deserve the backing.

Onion
12-12-2015, 05:44 PM

In fairness, Hibs and Ox set themselves up perfectly for this. Did it all themselves. Agree, he had a great season and will probably play a blinder in the coming weeks because of today. Just lack of concentration as he had nothing else to do in the match.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2015, 05:46 PM
He's allowed one.

He's been great for us this season.

Danderhall Hibs
12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Why does a striker always react quicker than a defender to a fumble like this?

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Why does a striker always react quicker than a defender to a fumble like this?

Depends if the striker is on the front foot running in and defender walking back. Or if the striker is just quicker! But it is annoying. No idea what Oxley was doing it was one of those moments you just look on in disbelief.

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Leave him alone - he's been solid this season and made some really crucial saves.

Don't forget some of the horror shows we have had over the years and the Ox has been consistent.

Fans need to get off his back as we need him for the 2nd half of the season.

lucky
12-12-2015, 06:38 PM
He's crap and proved it today again he just not good enough. Cost us 2 points today

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 06:42 PM
He's crap and proved it today again he just not good enough. Cost us 2 points today

Behave yourself eh! He's saved us on many occasions this season and won us more points than he's lost us.

DaveF
12-12-2015, 06:48 PM
He's allowed one.

He's been great for us this season.

Agreed, however it was an absolute shocker.

Do you think its a concentration thing PB, given we had defended so well and he had nothing to do or it was just one of those horrible mistakes that happen?

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 06:49 PM

Who should be have playing instead ? Give me a few keeper names please

lucky
12-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Behave yourself eh! He's saved us on many occasions this season and won us more points than he's lost us.

When?

lucky
12-12-2015, 06:55 PM
Who should be have playing instead ? Give me a few keeper names please

The reserve keeper deserves a shot but hopefully we sign the Hamilton keeper in January

Cameron1875
12-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Zibi esque. He's on his last chance for me.

One more mistake and I think many will be thinking GTF.

Seems to be some legs with the McGovern (Hamilton goalie) rumours and saw his contract expires in June. Pre contract then hope to get him on the cheap in Jan??

Gatecrasher
12-12-2015, 07:04 PM
There are no half some roasters on here FFS :rolleyes:

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 07:09 PM
When?

Had couple v Livingstone one from Hippolyte if I remember correct. He had a great one on one in the Raith game as well.

lucky
12-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Had couple v Livingstone one from Hippolyte if I remember correct. He had a great one on one in the Raith game as well.

Can't remember making a save that any average championship keeper would have made. Today he had 1 shot at him and he fumbled it. He's just not good enough

Tyler Durden
Also had 2/3 superb saves against Rangers.

People will struggle to be confident with him if he has these howlers 2/3 times a year though. Needs to eradicate it

green day
Zibi esque. He's on his last chance for me.

Aye ok

Kojock

Out of order, Ox has been excellent for us this season.

Alfred E Newman
12-12-2015, 07:16 PM
I have been critical of him in the past but he has been solid during our unbeaten run. Bad mistake today but even the best goalkeepers make them now and again. Fortunately Stubbs doesn't make his team selections based on what is posted on here.

Northernhibee
12-12-2015, 07:35 PM
There are no half some roasters on here FFS :rolleyes:

Yep, the same roasters who are suspiciously quiet about Ox in every other game this season when he's been excellent.

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Can't remember making a save that any average championship keeper would have made. Today he had 1 shot at him and he fumbled it. He's just not good enough

Then your memory isn't that great then. He's the best keeper in this league! Even the best keepers in the world have howlers.

Leithenhibby
12-12-2015, 07:38 PM
I have been critical of him in the past but he has been solid during our unbeaten run. Bad mistake today but even the best goalkeepers make them now and again. Fortunately Stubbs doesn't make his team selections based on what is posted on here.

:top marks

hibbydad
12-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Wasn't surprised he made a mistake today he does it every time he shoots his mouth off. The tragedy is he has been playing quite well.

Northernhibee
12-12-2015, 07:42 PM

How long have you been waiting for something to happen to justify your personal vendetta against Oxley? One, two, even three months?

Says it all about both our first choice keeper and yourself.

emerald green
12-12-2015, 07:45 PM

Just as well for that. Thank f***. :greengrin

poolman
12-12-2015, 07:48 PM
Just as well for that. Thank f***. :greengrin

Some of you lot need to give him a break FFS

He's been really solid this season

poolman
12-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Sorry Emerald G

Didn't mean to reply to you 😂

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 07:50 PM
The reserve keeper deserves a shot but hopefully we sign the Hamilton keeper in January

The reserve keeper is poor - did you see him in the friendlies and development games ?

If he was any good he wouldn't have been released by sides previously above us.

Oxley is a good keeper for this team. Still young, can pass/kick the ball well and has been very consistent this season.

As others have noted - fans easily want to kick him when he's down and rarely praise when he is faultless.

jabis
12-12-2015, 07:55 PM

🐘 it's what keeps this site entertaining,.......

emerald green
12-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Sorry Emerald G

Didn't mean to reply to you 

No problem poolman. :aok:

lucky
12-12-2015, 08:03 PM
How long have you been waiting for something to happen to justify your personal vendetta against Oxley? One, two, even three months?

Says it all about both our first choice keeper and yourself.

Vendetta, ffs I don't know the man to have personal vendetta against him I just don't rate him as a keeper

Hibbyradge
12-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Oxley has made one mistake all season.

Does anyone really believe that a team like Hibs can get the perfect keeper?

Can any club get that?

lucky
12-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Then your memory isn't that great then. He's the best keeper in this league! Even the best keepers in the world have howlers.

All keepers make mistakes but he makes more than most. IMHO he is just an average keeper. As for the claim he's the best in the league, it's hardly worth debating as there's not a decent one in the league

Sioux
12-12-2015, 08:12 PM
All keepers make mistakes but he makes more than most.

I take it you see 'all keepers' in all games they play? Thought not. Stupid statement.

BoomtownHibees
12-12-2015, 08:12 PM
All keepers make mistakes but he makes more than most. IMHO he is just an average keeper. As for the claim he's the best in the league, it's hardly worth debating as there's not a decent one in the league

Name his mistakes this season, other than today

Northernhibee
12-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Vendetta, ffs I don't know the man to have personal vendetta against him I just don't rate him as a keeper

Against all the evidence that he's actually a very good keeper?

GreenCastle
12-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Oxley gets slated by some for one mistake.

McGinn gets sent off (making 10 others suffer for 50 minutes) and is clapped off today after the red card...

Football fans....

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 08:23 PM

He defo did last season and I didn't rate him either. But when he's kept us in it (which I gave examples) the folk who don't rate him disappear then straight into him first mistake!

So because we're in this league I take it that means Cummings, McGinn, Keatings etc.. Are all poor because it's in a poor league and the good performances isn't worth bragging about?

Kojock
12-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Oxley gets slated by some for one mistake.

McGinn gets sent off (making 10 others suffer for 50 minutes) and is clapped off today after the red card...

Football fans....

Exactly McGinn was frustrated with his performance and lunged into a needless tackle. McGinn let us down more than the Ox did.

MWHIBBIES
12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
He's crap and proved it today again he just not good enough. Cost us 2 points todayJohn McGinn cost us 2 points.

lucky
12-12-2015, 08:54 PM
John McGinn cost us 2 points.

I agree McGinn was stupid to get sent off. But Ox was badly at fault for the goal

Sammy7nil
12-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Oxley has made one mistake all season.

Does anyone really believe that a team like Hibs can get the perfect keeper?

Can any club get that?

One mistake? Maybe more than one he is an okay keeper no more no less. That is no criticism it is a fact. Could, should Hibs aim for a better keeper with the Ox as cover i think so however i accept on our budget we may struggle to get better.

lucky
12-12-2015, 08:58 PM
He defo did last season and I didn't rate him either. But when he's kept us in it (which I gave examples) the folk who don't rate him disappear then straight into him first mistake!

So because we're in this league I take it that means Cummings, McGinn, Keatings etc.. Are all poor because it's in a poor league and the good performances isn't worth bragging about?

I've praised him in the past when he's played well but the reality he is bang average and cost us today
As for the others 3 Cummings & McGinn have every chance to progress their careers. Keatings does not have the same potential to progress as the others but has proved he can play & score at this level

Sammy7nil
12-12-2015, 09:02 PM
John McGinn cost us 2 points.

Possibly But Ox and Stubbs must have serious look at themselves. Ox for the obvious and Stubbs for original team set up then sitting too deep with no ambition to win the game with ten men.

Sir David Gray
12-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Just seen the highlights on Sky Sports.

Really poor error by Oxley for their goal and he'll be very disappointed with himself.

He has done really well so far this season though so I don't have any concerns about him bouncing back.

wookie70
12-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Terrible error today from Ox but I think he has been excellent this season. I hope the crowd don't get on his back and forget all the great saves and performance so far this year.

JimBHibees
12-12-2015, 09:23 PM
First mistake of the season he will be gutted but we now move on. Some dying to have a pop it seems like. He has been excellent.

Thecat23
12-12-2015, 09:25 PM
I've praised him in the past when he's played well but the reality he is bang average and cost us today
As for the others 3 Cummings & McGinn have every chance to progress their careers. Keatings does not have the same potential to progress as the others but has proved he can play & score at this level

I think Keatings has great potential to be fair. McGinn cost us two points as much as Oxley today though.

matty_f
12-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Harsh on Oxley given how good he has been this season. Conditions today weren't great for keepers, it was still a save he'd have expected to do better with, but some of the criticism and comments on this thread are way over the top.

Alfred E Newman
12-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Possibly But Ox and Stubbs must have serious look at themselves. Ox for the obvious and Stubbs for original team set up then sitting too deep with no ambition to win the game with ten men.

I thought Stubbs got his tactics spot on in the second half and we looked likely to score every time we broke. Despite Falkirk having most of the possession Oxley had little to do and his blunder must have seemed like Christmas come early to his critics on here. No doubt there are many others like them just waiting for this unbeaten run to end so as they can let rip once again at Stubbs and the players.

Onion
12-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Just seen the highlights on Sky Sports.

Really poor error by Oxley for their goal and he'll be very disappointed with himself.

He has done really well so far this season though so I don't have any concerns about him bouncing back.

Strikers saved the day for Ox and a point that could be huge come the end of the season. IMO the team spirit Stubbs has generated could be the thing that sees us pip the Huns to the title. Sevco have only recently been tested and the cracks are beginning to show.

Scouse Hibee
12-12-2015, 10:45 PM

Tedious boring and predictable post, he's had a great season for us so far and made some decent saves and won plenty of one on ones.

Smartie
12-12-2015, 10:58 PM
He's been much better this season and it was the kind of mistake he doesn't tend to make.

I'm more annoyed at him for shooting his mouth off before the game. It does feel a bit like he invited the mistake with his comments.

A bit like Tavernier, Waghorn and Warburton I think he needs to STFU and get on with doing a bit more talking on the park and not in the papers.

LaMotta
12-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Tedious boring and predictable post, he's had a great season for us so far and made some decent saves and won plenty of one on ones.

Couldn't agree more!

BS44
13-12-2015, 12:13 AM

And your memory is no better. It's not that long ago you were giving Oxley a roasting and using yourself as a example of what we should expect from a goalkeeper. B)

Anyway, I thought today was just about concentration, he never had a save to make up until the goal. When his moment came he wasn't ready and he messed up

Thecat23
13-12-2015, 12:19 AM
And your memory is no better. It's not that long ago you were giving Oxley a roasting and using yourself as a example of what we should expect from a goalkeeper. B)

Anyway, I thought today was just about concentration, he never had a save to make up until the goal. When his moment came he wasn't ready and he messed up

Exactly, and I'm big enough to come back and praise him! Last season he had many mistakes any keeper would be disappointed with. I didn't rate him and didn't want him back.

This season he's been terrific and he rightly should be praised. Yes he ballsed it up but one mistake in god knows how many now doesn't mean he's back to being ***** does it.

Anyway it's great to see folk who just can't praise him come on to kick into him after this mistake.

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2015, 12:54 AM
the ox has made some great saves this season but having saw a better view of the falkirk goal that was very very poor from him

Ryan69
13-12-2015, 02:31 AM
in fairness j have stated a few times that first shot he has at him it's a goal.....He is a fantastic goal for Hibs!

He has been a consistent performer!

If your a striker that missed ok...Goalies are treated different!

Borderhibbie76
13-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Behave yourself mate...he has been outstanding this season...dearie me thank God Stubbsy picks the team and not you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

GreenLake
13-12-2015, 04:28 AM
I agree McGinn was stupid to get sent off. But Ox was badly at fault for the goal

I disagree on McGinn as the lad charged into the box through a clothes lining and a barreling which caused him to spin right before he made that tackle with the momentum of escaping a two player flailing melee from Falkirk. I will back McGinn 100% on this. Probably a red card but perhaps a side effect from being the type of attacking player he is and the challenges he ran through. Stubbs will tell him to keep making these runs into the box because he will rarely get a red card and 4 times out of ten it might be a goal or a penalty. His edge and aggression is exactly what we need and the occasional red card will be far outweighed by his goal and assist tally over the season.

Oxley was 100% at fault but that was the first mistake for quite a long time. What was his last mistake before this one?

green day
13-12-2015, 06:10 AM
I disagree on McGinn as the lad charged into the box through a clothes lining and a barreling which caused him to spin right before he made that tackle with the momentum of escaping a two player flailing melee from Falkirk. I will back McGinn 100% on this. Probably a red card but perhaps a side effect from being the type of attacking player he is and the challenges he ran through. Stubbs will tell him to keep making these runs into the box because he will rarely get a red card and 4 times out of ten it might be a goal or a penalty. His edge and aggression is exactly what we need and the occasional red card will be far outweighed by his goal and assist tally over the season.

Oxley was 100% at fault but that was the first mistake for quite a long time. What was his last mistake before this one?

10/10 this post. Almost exactly as I saw it yesterday.

jodjam
13-12-2015, 08:47 AM

Spot on, the second challenge caused him to spin round and lose his bearings. Hope he keeps making these runs.

Borderhibbie76
13-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Oxley has also apologised on his Twitter for the error...glad to see all the comments on there for Hibs fans myself included are backing him to the hilt...unlike some on her who can't wait to stuck the boot it. The guy has been class all season and doesn't deserve some of the stick he is getting on this thread from some

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
13-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Haven't seen it since yesterday but it looked a shocker at the time and his reaction suggested that too. He has to take the blame but I've always defended him and he has been excellent this season.

Falkirk's keeper totally fumbled a shot in the first half yesterday but it squirmed just past the post. That was how our day went, mostly.

Oxley is improving and I'm delighted he's our keeper. Wouldn't swap him for anyone else in this league.