PDA

View Full Version : Massive January window for us

Ozyhibby
09-12-2015, 07:05 PM
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/news.html

This team deserves all the help we can give them. We can win this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
09-12-2015, 07:12 PM
I hope we can prevent the January window from being turned into the "get Cummings out at all costs" operation that Rangers and the Glasgow media will try to engineer.

Billy Whizz
09-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Think Stubbs said he only expects 2 in. A possible right back as cover, and a striker

Ozyhibby
09-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Think Stubbs said he only expects 2 in. A possible right back as cover, and a striker

I think your right, that's why the quality will be so important and why people signing up with HSL can make a huge difference.

Vault Boy
09-12-2015, 08:23 PM

Would that be accounting for departures? My guess would be that two signings is the target if the squad remains exactly as it is now.

Big L
09-12-2015, 08:30 PM
I can't believe that we haven't offered Cummings an improved/extended contract and if they have, considering we put his career back on track, I can't believe the ungrateful little git wouldn't sign it !! Anyone heard anything?

Thecat23
09-12-2015, 08:38 PM
I can't believe that we haven't offered Cummings an improved/extended contract and if they have, considering we put his career back on track, I can't believe the ungrateful little git wouldn't sign it !! Anyone heard anything?

The club may well be in talks with him. He's not just going to sign it for the sake of it. Has to suit both parties and no matter how long he signs for he will go in the summer anyway. It's all about him getting a better salary until then and Hibs making the best profit they can when he's sold.

priorparkhibby
09-12-2015, 09:02 PM

Am I right in saying Eckersley is away in Janiary? If so I would think we will need to sign another left back unless Stubbs sees young Crane as being back up to Lewis.

hibbysam
09-12-2015, 09:10 PM

'Ungrateful little git'

Wtf???? I've heard it all now!

Cropley10
09-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Respectfully I think we should bid for Tavernier and/or Waghorn, a derisory offer mind, but ones we could increase slightly. We should take the fight to them...

Ozyhibby
09-12-2015, 09:23 PM
HSL getting an extra 300 sign ups over Xmas could be the difference when it comes to being able to offer Jason the right deal.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

green day
09-12-2015, 09:28 PM

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Andy74
09-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Am I right in saying Eckersley is away in Janiary? If so I would think we will need to sign another left back unless Stubbs sees young Crane as being back up to Lewis.

I think there is a chance he will extend. Full cover will be important for winning a league.

Thecat23
09-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I think there is a chance he will extend. Full cover will be important for winning a league.

Yep someone was saying in another thread he may be staying until the end of the season so hopefully he does. As you say full squad needed to see us through to the end.

ivan03
09-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Good chance we will lose one or two of what Stubbs describes as the fringe players, he said he wouldn't stop them from going but would have they stayed to fight for a game. I've heard a few things, one being Stanton to York City with Jackie Mac, and also Forster to Killie. Both good young players that I'd hope would rather stay and better themselves at Hibs rather than leave to get a game elsewhere

HoboHarry
09-12-2015, 11:57 PM
Good chance we will lose one or two of what Stubbs describes as the fringe players, he said he wouldn't stop them from going but would have they stayed to fight for a game. I've heard a few things, one being Stanton to York City with Jackie Mac, and also Forster to Killie. Both good young players that I'd hope would rather stay and better themselves at Hibs rather than leave to get a game elsewhere
Forster to Killie? On the basis that I doubt they could afford a fee, you think we will be letting Forster go for next to nothing?

hibees 7062
10-12-2015, 12:24 AM

He'll be coming up here if he goes anywhere :wink:

chinaman
10-12-2015, 04:23 PM
i can't believe that we haven't offered cummings an improved/extended contract and if they have, considering we put his career back on track, i can't believe the ungrateful little git wouldn't sign it !! Anyone heard anything?
yak alert

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Ta-Ta!

brog
10-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Respectfully I think we should bid for Tavernier and/or Waghorn, a derisory offer mind, but ones we could increase slightly. We should take the fight to them...

With Sevco reputedly being interested in Greg Stewart it wouldn't surprise me if they, Sevco, may already be looking at a replacement for Foghorn. I know we have 2 left footed strikers but I don't see Warbs looking at pairing those 2 up.

Famous Fiver
10-12-2015, 06:39 PM
What about Al Baktoui (spelling?) from Dunfermline?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Tony Andreu on loan?

bigwheel
11-12-2015, 11:32 AM
What about Al Baktoui (spelling?) from Dunfermline?

nowhere near good enough..

portyhibernian
11-12-2015, 12:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Eckersley sign until the end of the season as cover for Stevenson. I think Stubbs made a mistake giving Handling a four year deal when he first arrived, I don't really rate him and wouldn't be bothered if he left. Stanton I like but can't see him ever breaking into the team as it is just now so might benefit him to go on loan somewhere, same goes for Carmichael. Anier I'd punt back to Dundee United, no idea what he's contributing and reports from the reserve games he's played have been very meh.

Looking through our squad I'm not really sure that we actually need to sign anyone but I'm sure Stubbs has a couple he'd like to bring in as cover for injuries/suspensions.

Benny Brazil
11-12-2015, 12:04 PM

Not sure we need a right back - McGregor and Forster can cover there if required. A left back is more of a priority if Eckersley leaves as expected in Jan

Andy74
11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Not sure we need a right back - McGregor and Forster can cover there if required. A left back is more of a priority if Eckersley leaves as expected in Jan

You've got the same solution on the left which is to say Hanlon and Fontaine can play there.

I think I read him saying he wants a more natural right back to cover instead of shifting centre halfs that could do a job there.

Ozyhibby
11-12-2015, 12:09 PM
With Sevco reputedly being interested in Greg Stewart it wouldn't surprise me if they, Sevco, may already be looking at a replacement for Foghorn. I know we have 2 left footed strikers but I don't see Warbs looking at pairing those 2 up.

We should be looking at Stewart ourselves.

SquashedFrogg
11-12-2015, 12:15 PM
nowhere near good enough..

Exciting wee player IMO. Scores goals and holds ball/links up well. Reminds me a wee bit of Luna