PDA

View Full Version : Tartan scarf

Heedersnvolleys
07-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Did I not read on here that they were going to be back in stock in time for xmas?

SteveHFC
07-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Hopefully they are :hyper

mca
07-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Sure I Still have my "Glenmuir" Scarf Somewhere !!..

Did We Ever Have a Scarf Made By "Pringle".. ???

And Naw its No the Crisps.. :greengrin

We had Some Lovely Scarfs at one time.... Sort it out Petrie !!

Coults1875
07-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Did I not read on here that they were going to be back in stock in time for xmas?

Think it was a suggestion on here mate. Hopefully you're right though! Been looking for one of these for a good while now

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2015, 11:29 PM
hope they do get them back in stock, deffo getting one this time :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
07-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Sure I Still have my "Glenmuir" Scarf Somewhere !!..

Did We Ever Have a Scarf Made By "Pringle".. ???

And Naw its No the Crisps.. :greengrin

We had Some Lovely Scarfs at one time.... Sort it out Petrie !!

if we didn't, we should :cb

Colr
08-12-2015, 06:40 AM
I had a college style Hibs scarf when I was a kid. The club don't sell them but Jesus College scarf is pretty much the same. Jesus was, of course, a Hibby!

Heedersnvolleys
08-12-2015, 10:25 AM
Think it was a suggestion on here mate. Hopefully you're right though! Been looking for one of these for a good while now
I am sure it was someone who was involved in the fans groups who was giving suggestions to the club.

Adam Green
08-12-2015, 11:45 AM
http://www.scotlandshop.com/p-499-hibernian-football-club-tartan-scarf.aspx

They have them here.

PatHead
08-12-2015, 11:47 AM
I am sure it was someone who was involved in the fans groups who was giving suggestions to the club.

Sure it was Argyle Hibby. Maybe he can confirm?

Kojock
08-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Sure it was Argyle Hibby. Maybe he can confirm?

It was him, I will text him and find out.

fatbloke
08-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Hopefully the ere who nicked mine after the Killie cup final might buy me one for xmas.:greengrin:greengrin

Argylehibby
08-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I just asked the club for an update and I'm glad to say that the scarfs will be on sale very soon. In fact, you may want to take some extra cash with you to the Falkirk game on Saturday ;-)

Some of the subtle branding stuff is also due to arrive soon and I think a couple of the polo shirts may already be on sale now. All going well with deliveries from suppliers there will be a few more items on sale in the next week or two based on the responses to my "survey" on here a couple of months back.

SteveHFC
08-12-2015, 03:13 PM
I just asked the club for an update and I'm glad to say that the scarfs will be on sale very soon. In fact, you may want to take some extra cash with you to the Falkirk game on Saturday ;-)

Some of the subtle branding stuff is also due to arrive soon and I think a couple of the polo shirts may already be on sale now. All going well with deliveries from suppliers there will be a few more items on sale in the next week or two based on the responses to my "survey" on here a couple of months back.

If only they had them on sale tomorrow as i'll be down at the ticket office picking up my rangers tickets.

doddsy
08-12-2015, 03:29 PM
I've got my Dads one we got him for xmas one year.

And I've got a different scarf not tartan, one with the '6-2 Easter Road Massacre' printed on it which was to commemorate the said Massacre.

Yahoooohhhh The second 'Greatest Game in History' just behind the Tynecastle Termination 0-7

Edson Arantes
08-12-2015, 05:48 PM
if we didn't, we should :cb

Lyle and Scott? :agree:

Argylehibby
08-12-2015, 07:55 PM
If only they had them on sale tomorrow as i'll be down at the ticket office picking up my rangers tickets.

Pop into the shop and see, they may be on sale but it might just be a day or two too soon.

SteveHFC
08-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Pop into the shop and see, they may be on sale but it might just be a day or two too soon.

Might have a look mate :aok:

Keith_M
08-12-2015, 07:59 PM

Good man

:thumbsup:

PatHead
09-12-2015, 11:02 PM
Asked in the shop today. Reckon they should be available for the weekend.

SteveHFC
09-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Asked in the shop today. Reckon they should be available for the weekend.

Went into the shop today and never seen them. Hoping they don't sell out:wink:

mca
09-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Lyle and Scott? :agree:

Label Snob.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif What's Wrong With Pringle.. its just up the road.. :wink:

mutley
10-12-2015, 11:53 AM
The tartans scarfs are now on sale in the online shop at £18, not sure if they are in the club store yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH81
10-12-2015, 12:07 PM
The tartans scarfs are now on sale in the online shop at £18, not sure if they are in the club store yet.

Link? :greengrin

mutley
10-12-2015, 12:12 PM
HH81 , I don't know how to post links from my phone!! But on another note, email confirmed that they are now on the clubstore at ER .

Edit: try this :

http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/search?q=Tartan

HH81
10-12-2015, 12:18 PM
Cheers, clubshop doesnt seem to be working for me at minute. When it did I couldn't see it.

RoscoHibby
10-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Anyone else think they look pretty cheap and not very good? May just be the picture but the ones on that Scotland shop site above look like the ones already out there and much better quality?

TamHibs
10-12-2015, 12:23 PM
http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/hb-7663-chequered-scarf

Argylehibby
10-12-2015, 12:31 PM
Anyone else think they look pretty cheap and not very good? May just be the picture but the ones on that Scotland shop site above look like the ones already out there and much better quality?

How can you judge the quality of two items based on photos? I have not seen the new scarfs in the flesh yet but as far as quality goes the order was definately for "quality" and I'm told they are of a high quality and at least on par with the luxury scarf the club already sells.

The_Exile
10-12-2015, 02:36 PM
70cm long? Is that right? Seems a bit on the short side.

RoscoHibby
10-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by RoscoHibby:
How can you judge the quality of two items based on photos? I have not seen the new scarfs in the flesh yet but as far as quality goes the order was definately for "quality" and I'm told they are of a high quality and at least on par with the luxury scarf the club already sells.

That's why I said may just be the picture...but I think the tartan looks different as well. If you check the other site you'll see what I mean...

Pete
10-12-2015, 05:21 PM
70cm long? Is that right? Seems a bit on the short side.

It's not the size of your scarf, it's what you do with it.

It's 170 :greengrin

SausageSurprise
10-12-2015, 07:01 PM
Definitely doesn't look like the tartan from a few years ago. There isn't as much purple in the new ones

SteveHFC
13-12-2015, 02:16 AM
Did anyone pick one up today?

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Did anyone pick one up today?

i nipped in to the shop pre-match and couldn't see any, well they weren't beside all the other scarfs anyway

chippy
13-12-2015, 08:41 AM
i nipped in to the shop pre-match and couldn't see any, well they weren't beside all the other scarfs anyway

I saw them In the shop but I thought the design and quality not great. Think I'll just buy mine from the Scotland shop.

mutley
13-12-2015, 10:04 AM
They were in the shop yesterday, and are different from the old ones, slightly different tartan and totally different material. I think a different size too, but seemed to be selling well

Keith_M
13-12-2015, 12:58 PM
I saw them In the shop but I thought the design and quality not great. Think I'll just buy mine from the Scotland shop.

The scarves in the Scotland Shop are nearly double the price, so I think a lot of people will just stick to the ones from the Hibs Shop.

FWIW, I had one years ago an I'm sure it was nowhere near 34 quid.

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2015, 02:43 PM

where where they in the shop :dunno: i looked at the part where all the different scarfs are

Argylehibby
13-12-2015, 03:42 PM
where where they in the shop :dunno: i looked at the part where all the different scarfs are

Near the tills. They were hanging on the wall near where the gnomes were.

Keith_M
13-12-2015, 04:11 PM

I've already got a Gnome, thanks

:greengrin

SquashedFrogg
13-12-2015, 06:14 PM

Am sitting here thinking.... that you just dinnae want a tartan scarf :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2015, 06:22 PM

ah righty ta :aok: was quite a crowd near the tills part and i didn't think of looking there :(

Carheenlea
13-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Definitely doesn't look like the tartan from a few years ago. There isn't as much purple in the new ones

Nothing like the now well worn tartan scarf I have from a few years ago at all. I wonder why that should be? Perhaps the designer or owner of said tartan design is not linked to Hibs and does not permit the use of it now for whatever reason :dunno: Seems an odd one.

* edit - saw some posts above that suggest the original design is still available but not from Hibs.

eastterrace
13-12-2015, 08:55 PM
The scarves in the Scotland Shop are nearly double the price, so I think a lot of people will just stick to the ones from the Hibs Shop.

FWIW, I had one years ago an I'm sure it was nowhere near 34 quid.

sure I paid about 13 or 14 pounds for it and my wife still has it and in pretty good nick even tho she wears it to every home game.

cabbageandribs1875
13-12-2015, 09:04 PM
http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0017935_chequered-scarf.jpeg

£18 in club shop

eastterrace
13-12-2015, 09:07 PM
http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0017935_chequered-scarf.jpeg

£18 in club shop

this doesn't even look like the original.

SausageSurprise
13-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Was there not a poster on here a while back who said that Hibs don't actually own the rights to the Hibs tartan?

I seem to remember the program's years ago used to advertise the kilts but they were done through another outlet

eastterrace
13-12-2015, 09:14 PM
Was there not a poster on here a while back who said that Hibs don't actually own the rights to the Hibs tartan?

I seem to remember the program's years ago used to advertise the kilts but they were done through another outlet

think your right sure hibs didn't own the rights so they have brought out a poor imitation going with the picture on here.

Carheenlea
13-12-2015, 09:39 PM
think your right sure hibs didn't own the rights so they have brought out a poor imitation going with the picture on here.

I suppose if the club produced a good imitation then it probably would fall foul of copyright.
A rebranding might take a while to get used to but in time it will be looked upon as our own.

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2015, 01:40 AM
this doesn't even look like the original.

this is the one in the scotlandshop

http://www.scotlandshop.com/images/Product/large/499.jpg

@ £34 obviously nearly twice the price, there's a couple of reviews on that scotlandshop site regarding the quality, anyone confirm if the one in the club shop is of decent quality :dunno: imo the scotlandshop one looks nicer

Bristolhibby
14-12-2015, 07:54 AM

£18 in club shop

I'm no tartan expert, but why does the purple on this one just end?

And which one is now the official Hibs tartan? I presume it's the old one. Pretty crap that Hibs couldn't come to some arrangement to use their own tartan. Pretty poor IMHO.

J

Steve-O
14-12-2015, 08:11 AM

£18 in club shop

That looks truly rubbish.

chippy
14-12-2015, 08:15 AM
this is the one in the scotlandshop

http://www.scotlandshop.com/images/Product/large/499.jpg

@ £34 obviously nearly twice the price, there's a couple of reviews on that scotlandshop site regarding the quality, anyone confirm if the one in the club shop is of decent quality :dunno: imo the scotlandshop one looks nicer
I was going to buy the new one on Saturday sadly it's design is poor not as good as the one on the scotland shop website. I'll be buying that one a pity we couldn't get a bulk discount of those and sell at our shop

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm no tartan expert, but why does the purple on this one just end?

And which one is now the official Hibs tartan? I presume it's the old one. Pretty crap that Hibs couldn't come to some arrangement to use their own tartan. Pretty poor IMHO.

J

haven't a clue to both Q's :greengrin

That looks truly rubbish.

i'm thinking cheap looking myself :(

I was going to buy the new one on Saturday sadly it's design is poor not as good as the one on the scotland shop website. I'll be buying that one a pity we couldn't get a bulk discount of those and sell at our shop

ta, mind made up now, coincidentally if anyone has the official calendar, there's an old guy in the background of the sam stanton photo for this month wearing a green and purple scarf but i can't quite make out if it's the old style tartan design or just a green and purple bar scarf...either way i like that one as well, do we do green and purple bar scarfs :dunno:

Blackfordhibby
14-12-2015, 05:11 PM
Mine arrived today and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks fine to me, 70 inches of scarf with 3 inches of fringe either end making 76 inches. Not sure if it's a pedigree acrylic or a rough street mix, but soft on my hard auld neck. More than happy with the price charged, and Hibs should be applauded for giving us the choice of this or buying the more expensive version. IMHO

cabbageandribs1875
14-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Mine arrived today and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks fine to me, 70 inches of scarf with 3 inches of fringe either end making 76 inches. Not sure if it's a pedigree acrylic or a rough street mix, but soft on my hard auld neck. More than happy with the price charged, and Hibs should be applauded for giving us the choice of this or buying the more expensive version. IMHO

agree with that, i'm surprised at the £18 price

hibee_nation
14-12-2015, 06:54 PM
You get what you pay for, my old hibs tartan scarf is 100% lambswool and feels fine until i compare it to my barbour scarf 90% merino 10% cashmere.Hibs should do both and have a deluxe version priced accordingly

RoscoHibby
14-12-2015, 07:03 PM
Am sitting here thinking.... that you just dinnae want a tartan scarf :greengrin

Hahaha! Sum boy!

erin go bragh
14-12-2015, 07:07 PM

McCalls on the Royal mile do the Hibs tartan ( well they did in 98 )

GGTTH

mca
14-12-2015, 08:00 PM
McCalls on the Royal mile do the Hibs tartan ( well they did in 98 )

GGTTH

That's The Shop.. Quite Sure it was Them that had the Rights to the Hibs Tartan.. Might be Wrong tho..

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2015, 08:16 PM
Ebay have what looks like a similar style tartan for under a £10.

Hibby Mike
23-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I thought it would be useful to provide some comments against each of the tartan scarves currently on the market (the new version being sold by the club store and the one from the Scotland Shop website), having purchased both recently with a view of returning the one I liked least.

Sadly I was disappointed in each, and will be returning both over the coming weeks, as the scarves fell short of what I was looking for.

I've given a summary of reasons why below:

Club store Scarf (£18 + £5 delivery charge)

Design - Disappointed with the tartan layout, much different from the original Hibs tartan scarf. Less purple stripes, and thicker colour bands. The tartan appears to be printed at a bigger scale
Material - The quality is poor, not to the standard again of the previous scarf. I'm not convinced of its longevity.
Weight - The thickness of the material is greatly reduced from the original scarf.
Comfort - It feels rather cheap, down to to its material quality and its thickness.
Price - £18 is far higher than what I remember the original tartan scarf being sold at £14-15 mark?

Scotland Shop Scarf (£34 + £4 delivery charge)

Design - Original tartan - perfect. If I was to pick up on anything it would be that the tartan print is a little smaller than what I recall the original scarf having.
Material - 100% Wool, however very thin.
Weight - 10oz wool. Not thick enough in my opinion. It's more of a tea towel thickness than what you would expect for a scarf intended to keep you warm during a 90mins football match!
Comfort - If you consider wrapping a tea towel around your neck comforting then this is for you. Sadly not what I was looking for.
Price - A whopping £38 (including delivery). I would have been happy to pay this (or even higher) for a thicker cashmere or even a lambs wool version.

I think someone is missing a trick here. I'm certain there would be a market for a much higher quality of tartan scarf, one which is 100% cashmere, sizeable length, thickness and weight. The closest standard / quality of football scarf I can find being sold just now is through the website below, however; sadly they do not stock a tartan version that I would in particular be after.

http://www.savile-rogue.com/scotland-championship-c662/hibernian-c80/savile-rogue-green-white-and-black-king-cashmere-football-scarf-in-the-colours-of-hibernian-p2776

If anybody would be willing to sell their original Hibernian FC tartan scarf (in good condition), I'd certainly be interested in purchasing it off them.

GGTTH

M.:scarf: